Twixie Hushimo
Pianta
The Freedom Fighter
codeorange
11 posters

Codeorange Q & A

codeorange

Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 GOMM8

Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Medalg10Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 White10Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep6

Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Empty Re: Codeorange Q & A

Post by codeorange April 10th 2010, 4:17 pm

I would just like to talk about certain things related to writing. You see, when I write anything down, whether it happens to be my personal scriptwriting projects, the articles that I write for my blog about my local team, or even the fanfics that I'm sure some of you know about that I've written, I've felt pretty motivated to write all of that stuff down, and I believe the key thing in anything that you write down is that you gotta have that passion to write down that much material. You gotta have a certain extra gear to do what you gotta do to get your messages sent. I love stories that have morals to them. I love to read and write stories that have some actual meaning to them, and I hope that when everything is said and done, I will get the meaning of all my stories and articles across to my readers. I'm an outside the box thinker. I come out of left field, so to speak. I have a unique imagination, and that's putting it lightly. I find work like Stan Lee's to be entertaining and pretty interesting. In fact, I find material like comic books, mystery novels, action adventure stories to be very interesting because it makes people think. Plus, I like to and want to surprise readers. I want to have that element of surprise with my stories because many of the stories that I have come across have either become predictable after a while, or were predictable from the start.

Characters and plots truly drive the story. I want to stress that fact a great deal. The more depth you give a character, the better off your stories will be. The more depth your plot has, as in, being compelling and thought-provoking or just simply amusing and funny, the better off your stories will be. I have grown to have a great appreciation and respect for the most cleverly written stories, and I hope that if I continue my fanfic career, I will be able to pull off some things that will make people smile, make people think, and keep them invested in the story. The Sonic fandom has a bad habit of creating characters who are just meant to be with Sonic or any of his friends in very uninteresting romance stories. I have different intentions. Far different. When I create a character, I always have to ask myself "What purpose does this character have being in Sonic's world?" "Why is he/she there?" "Why should people care about this character?" "How important is this character?" "What can you give this character that will make him/her memorable?"

I definitely question movie remakes of stories like King Kong, Godzilla, The Sandlot, and Horror movies in general because it's just keeping the status quo. It's one thing to teach an old dog new tricks, and that's great, but when you have a young dog and you teach it only a few tricks and nothing new, then something's up. I feel as if there are many directors, producers, and general staff people who aren't expanding their imaginations as far as they should. Not too far, of course, but farther than the stuff that's going on now. I'm not a fan at all of that Avatar movie, but I'll give it credit. It was something new, fresh, and original. It wasn't a remake of anything previously. I guess I just have a desire to put out new material whenever I do break into the feild of scriptwriting officially.

Last edited by codeorange on April 12th 2010, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shade
    Shade

Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 VOZLn

Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Medalw11Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Zigzag10Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade April 11th 2010, 2:51 am

How long is your hair, Codeorange?
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 VOZLn

Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Medalw11Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Medalg10Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Medal13Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker April 11th 2010, 10:58 am

Why didn't you answer my other question?
    codeorange

Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 GOMM8

Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Medalg10Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 White10Codeorange Q & A - Page 2 Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange April 11th 2010, 9:07 pm

Ŧĥĕ Şħăđőŵ Ψąĺķėř wrote:Why didn't you answer my other question?

Patience, Grasshopper! Wink

I haven't posted as much in the ChatBox because, well, my time has been limited recently. I have been busy lately and I just had a hiccup of an experience with a supposed job interview, which is something I'll talk about later. I like posting in the ChatBox when I have the time. It's fun to just relax and chat with your friends right there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content