SonicFanPS2
Shade
Zez
13 posters

Music Player Project

sykog
    sykog

Music Player Project - Page 2 Imagee10

Music Player Project - Page 2 Blackr10Music Player Project - Page 2 Medalw11Music Player Project - Page 2 Medalg10Music Player Project - Page 2 Zigzag10Music Player Project - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

Music Player Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Player Project

Post by sykog June 21st 2012, 7:59 pm

Why did we ever get rid of the music player?
    Zez
    Zez

Music Player Project - Page 2 VOZLn

Music Player Project - Page 2 Blackr10Music Player Project - Page 2 Medalw11Music Player Project - Page 2 Zigzag10Music Player Project - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 21st 2012, 8:18 pm

Couldn't find one stable enough, unless you can.
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Post by Moran June 21st 2012, 8:43 pm

It could be possible to custom-design something simple-but-efficient to play MP3s on a separate server from the site, or even on the site itself if we had enough space for any amount of them. (It doesn't; you'd have to pay for craptons of extra upload space.) Then just embed it in a page on-site and we're good to go. This all depending upon the talent we have with Java and/or Flash, though.

It's really not that big a deal regardless; most people have an MP3, or Youtube, or some special player on a fancy site dedicated to nothing but music, playing in the background while they browse anyway, and wouldn't much care to listen to TSC's music player unless we did an absolutely amazing job on it somehow.
    Zez
    Zez

Music Player Project - Page 2 VOZLn

Music Player Project - Page 2 Blackr10Music Player Project - Page 2 Medalw11Music Player Project - Page 2 Zigzag10Music Player Project - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 21st 2012, 9:07 pm

Your second paragraph eloquently explained why I don't care about the project anymore, thank you.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Music Player Project - Page 2 ZtZYh

Music Player Project - Page 2 Blackr10Music Player Project - Page 2 Medalw11Music Player Project - Page 2 Zigzag10Music Player Project - Page 2 White10Music Player Project - Page 2 Medal13Music Player Project - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 21st 2012, 11:15 pm

Well I do. I worked really hard on it, and I'm still incredibly disappointed you took it down.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 21st 2012, 11:22 pm

Congratulations, Lan, you're now prepared for the disappointment of office work: you work ages on an important project, come to cherish it, and then your boss decides it's pointless and all your work goes down the drain. Legend says, if you can go through that in any context without committing suicide, you're immortal.

*leans in and whispers* I was a paper pusher for The Vartuc Empire 400 million years ago. It's true.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Music Player Project - Page 2 Blackr10Music Player Project - Page 2 Medalw11Music Player Project - Page 2 Zigzag10Music Player Project - Page 2 White10Music Player Project - Page 2 Medal13Music Player Project - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 21st 2012, 11:33 pm

Yes, but this is no office. This is The Sonic Community.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 21st 2012, 11:47 pm

Hey, man. You're immortal. Don't sweat the small stuff.

But seriously, now. You did a great job on it, but the player software was glitchy as all hell and in the end, it was decidedly not even ranked on the priority list. There's this, as well:
    Zez wrote:Couldn't find one stable enough, unless you can.
    If you can find one that works decently, Iunno about anyone else, but hell, I'd work with you to get songs on it. It is a good idea on paper, and it's a "there if you want it, negligible if not" thing. But there are about a million more important things on the agenda, and this plainly doesn't draw attention. Not right now, though, that's for sure; the site's activity is slacking off as of late, and effort should be focused on (A) design and (B) drawing in fresh blood.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 22nd 2012, 12:07 am

Yes, I know that. That's why I'm still pushing for the PM problem to be fixed. But this Music Player Project shouldn't be abandoned.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 22nd 2012, 12:56 am

Well, you always talk like a hero, Lan. Heroes don't always do one big thing and never face adventure again. If something's calling out to you to work on a music player, by all means, make finding a decently functional one and adding music to it a pet project some time in the future. But for right now, don't worry about it. You should be the hero by championing far more important causes for this site, as should I, and as should, well, anyone able, really.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 22nd 2012, 1:00 am

Well duh, I do that daily. Pay attention, Mly. We're all doing our part.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 22nd 2012, 1:06 am

I'm very rarely attentive. When I am, it's generally a sign that something is horribly wrong and I have good cause to be. Be glad, then, that I'm not scrutinizing every little detail obsessively. But that's quite enough on this, I'd say. Anything further from this point is likely best suited for PMing and/or WLM. Seeing as you were the one yelling at Zez and I about the posting contest causing the random hotel to blow up and send chunks flying in here again. :P

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content