New Jeopardy! Record

    Share
    avatar
    Mario94



      : Male
     Rep4

    Age: : 23
     Posts: : 249

    New Jeopardy! Record

    Post by Mario94 on September 15th 2010, 6:12 pm

    Ken Jennings just got one of his records stripped from him.

    In last night's episode of Jeopardy!, University of Delaware graduate student Roger Craig took several risks on Daily Doubles, an even bigger chance in Final Jeopardy! and a few guesses at fast answers, but it paid off big for the current champion. He broke the record for most money earned in one episode, topping off Ken Jennings's record with a whopping $77,000 earned in his second straight victory, bringing his total winnings to $114,000. Craig bet $30,000 on the Final Jeopardy! clue in "Literary and Movie Title Objects" (which I would NEVER bet $30,000 on a clue in that category if I already had $47,000). The clue? "The inspiration for this title object in a novel and a 1957 movie actually spanned the Mae Khlung River." Craig's answer, "What is The Bridge on the River Kwai?" etched his name in game show history. Maybe he might go for the longest streak record next. Or the winnings record. Who knows? We'll see.
    avatar
    Shade





      : Male
     Rep2

    Age: : 24
     Posts: : 6559

    Re: New Jeopardy! Record

    Post by Shade on September 16th 2010, 10:13 am

    This guy beat Ken Jennings? That's impressive stuff, I must say.
    avatar
    Saifudeen



     Rep0

     Posts: : 23

    Re: New Jeopardy! Record

    Post by Saifudeen on September 20th 2010, 7:02 am

    Hang on - Did he beat Ken Jennings in amount of wins, or cash prizes?

    *Reads*

    This newb only got the one day winnings records, actually.
    He still has a long, long road ahead if he wants to break more records Ken Jennings set...
    avatar
    wigsaw



     Rep0

     Posts: : 11

    Re: New Jeopardy! Record

    Post by wigsaw on September 21st 2010, 4:00 pm

    Like Saifudeen said, it is just a one day winning total. So he killed two people, that's great I guess.

    Jennings beat out how many people? He also went on to win millions of dollars from the game.
    avatar
    Saifudeen



     Rep0

     Posts: : 23

    Re: New Jeopardy! Record

    Post by Saifudeen on September 25th 2010, 11:54 pm

    wigsaw wrote:Jennings beat out how many people? He also went on to win millions of dollars from the game.
    Jennings was the constant carry-over champion for like 74 episodes, I think it was.
    avatar
    Shade





      : Male
     Rep2

    Age: : 24
     Posts: : 6559

    Re: New Jeopardy! Record

    Post by Shade on September 27th 2010, 11:11 am

    Saifudeen wrote:
    wigsaw wrote:Jennings beat out how many people? He also went on to win millions of dollars from the game.
    Jennings was the constant carry-over champion for like 74 episodes, I think it was.

    Until this guy came along, that is.
    avatar
    Mario94



      : Male
     Rep4

    Age: : 23
     Posts: : 249

    Re: New Jeopardy! Record

    Post by Mario94 on October 13th 2010, 12:02 am

    Craig's run ends, but not without etching his name in another part of Jeopardy! history

    Craig's prize money is the 3rd-highest ever in Jeopardy! history, behind Ken Jennings and David Madden. He will surely be back for the Tournament of Champions. I liked his willingness to make Daily Doubles true Daily Doubles, and I'm gonna miss him. Until he comes back, of course.
    avatar
    Shade





      : Male
     Rep2

    Age: : 24
     Posts: : 6559

    Re: New Jeopardy! Record

    Post by Shade on October 13th 2010, 10:23 am

    Mario94 wrote:Craig's run ends, but not without etching his name in another part of Jeopardy! history

    Craig's prize money is the 3rd-highest ever in Jeopardy! history, behind Ken Jennings and David Madden. He will surely be back for the Tournament of Champions. I liked his willingness to make Daily Doubles true Daily Doubles, and I'm gonna miss him. Until he comes back, of course.

    That's quite an impressive amount of money to have racked up. I mean, $231,200 is not to be sniffed at. He's done really well, and I'm happy for him.

    Sponsored content

    Re: New Jeopardy! Record

    Post by Sponsored content