Osama Bin Laden killed

Doodle

Rep5

Osama Bin Laden killed

Post by Doodle on May 1st 2011, 11:01 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

And so the world will mourn the loss of it's greatest Hide and Go Seek player.
    NeoMetalSonic

: Male
     Rep35

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed

Post by NeoMetalSonic on May 2nd 2011, 1:47 am

Mission Accomplished
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh on May 2nd 2011, 2:12 am

Osama Bin Laden?

More like Osama Bin Killed!

Haha, see what I did there?

BlazePrower9205

: Female
     Rep3

Post by BlazePrower9205 on May 2nd 2011, 8:01 am

Jmh wrote:Osama Bin Laden?

^lol. XD

I saw what you did there. :p
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord on May 2nd 2011, 9:44 am

Jmh wrote:Osama Bin Laden?

No offense, but that was kinda lame.
    karkooshy

Rep9

Post by karkooshy on May 2nd 2011, 10:22 am

I understand that he was a terrorist, but you shouldn't feel happy for someone's death, no matter how horrible you think they were.

Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle on May 2nd 2011, 10:57 am

karkooshy wrote:I understand that he was a terrorist, but you shouldn't feel happy for someone's death, no matter how horrible you think they were.

I've gotta admit, I agree.

It's not every day a Hide and Go Seek champion is born, y'know.
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic on May 2nd 2011, 12:42 pm

karkooshy wrote:I understand that he was a terrorist, but you shouldn't feel happy for someone's death, no matter how horrible you think they were.
    Tell that to the Muslims

Post by Guest on May 2nd 2011, 2:30 pm

Excellent. Now all I have to do is go to the bottom of the ocean where they dumped him, retrieve him, reanimate him, and add him to my large collection of test subjects. He won't be as good of a zombie as Hitler, or even Stalin, Sade, or Napoleon, but he'll still be of some use, I'm sure.
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade on May 2nd 2011, 2:34 pm

He was quite a horrible terrorist.

But kar's right, we shouldn't celebrate it, it's still a human life.

Post by Guest on May 2nd 2011, 2:55 pm

Everyone who thinks the killing of Osama is not something good and worthy of celebration fails at morality forever. Period. End of sentence.
    karkooshy

Rep9

Post by karkooshy on May 2nd 2011, 3:57 pm

Unrelenting-Tedium-!!~ wrote:Everyone who thinks the killing of Osama is not something good and worthy of celebration fails at morality forever. Period. End of sentence.

Evil and good are man made concepts... saying someone is evil is very subjective.
    I'm sure he was a hero to many.
    Celebrating the death of another human- terrorist or not- doesn't make you any better than them. Terrorists celebrate the deaths of their victims, you celebrate the death of terrorists.. we're stuck in a deadly cycle where groups of people want to kill others for the sake of proving a point.
    I am by no means a supporter of Osama Bin Laden, however, I do believe that his intentions weren't all bad... he was (partially) a man who wanted to defend his country... (that doesn't mean going on and blowing up other countries though >.>.. and that's where he erred)
    Regardless, I don't think it's right to be happy that another human died.

Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle on May 2nd 2011, 4:02 pm

karkooshy wrote:
    Unrelenting-Tedium-!!~ wrote:Everyone who thinks the killing of Osama is not something good and worthy of celebration fails at morality forever. Period. End of sentence.

Evil and good are man made concepts... saying someone is evil is very subjective.
    Celebrating the death of another human- terrorist or not- doesn't make you any better than them. Terrorists celebrate the deaths of their victims, you celebrate the death of terrorists.. we're stuck in a deadly cycle where groups of people want to kill others for the sake of proving a point.
    I am by no means a supporter of Osama Bin Laden, however, I do believe that his intentions weren't all bad... he was (partially) a man who wanted to defend his country... (that doesn't mean going on and blowing up other countries though >.>.. and that's where he erred)

I do honestly agree with Kar here, morality is highly subjective.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that could well and truly be described as 'evil' is a person who kills/tortures/et al just for the sheer explicit pleasure of doing it.
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh on May 2nd 2011, 4:12 pm

I'm pretty sure the reason people would celebrate is because they believe it's the end of something.
    Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle on May 2nd 2011, 4:25 pm

Jmh wrote:I'm pretty sure the reason people would celebrate is because they believe it's the end of something.

If you were a terrorist organization, would you stop trying to blow stuff up because your leader died?

If anything, I'd just be pissed.
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo on May 2nd 2011, 4:28 pm

They don't realize that this will just cause another retaliation.
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic on May 2nd 2011, 5:01 pm

Suspicious Bush wrote:
    karkooshy wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that could well and truly be described as 'evil' is a person who kills/tortures/et al just for the sheer explicit pleasure of doing it.
    Subjective
    Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle on May 2nd 2011, 5:07 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Suspicious Bush wrote:

Subjective
    I said it was in my post. Why are you repeating that?
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo on May 2nd 2011, 5:11 pm

Suspicious Bush wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Suspicious Bush wrote:

Subjective
    I said it was in my post. Why are you repeating that?

He's saying that both you and Kar are overusing the word to justify your logic, as if it suddenly makes things better.
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh on May 2nd 2011, 5:20 pm

Hmm.... So basically nothing of value was gained?
    Bliz

Rep1

Post by Bliz on May 2nd 2011, 5:25 pm

It's disgusting for people to celebrate the death of someone. :| I really have nothing else to say. We don't know if he is really dead, we need evidence. But if he is, then I guess people are looking at this as if we avenged the death of all he has killed. We ended his run on mass killings. This is something to be more assured by then happy.
    Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle on May 2nd 2011, 5:32 pm

FlyingCupcake wrote:It's disgusting for people to celebrate the death of someone. :| I really have nothing else to say. We don't know if he is really dead, we need evidence. But if he is, then I guess people are looking at this as if we avenged the death of all he has killed. We ended his run on mass killings. This is something to be more assured by then happy.

President Obama kind of came out and said we have his body and whatnot.

Zezima: I was just sharing my thoughts. Not like there was much else to say.
    Bliz

Rep1

Post by Bliz on May 2nd 2011, 5:50 pm

Suspicious Bush wrote:
    FlyingCupcake wrote:It's disgusting for people to celebrate the death of someone. :| I really have nothing else to say. We don't know if he is really dead, we need evidence. But if he is, then I guess people are looking at this as if we avenged the death of all he has killed. We ended his run on mass killings. This is something to be more assured by then happy.

President Obama kind of came out and said we have his body and whatnot.

Zezima: I was just sharing my thoughts. Not like there was much else to say.
    I'm just saying there still is a chance and it'd make sense people won't believe it. Personally, I do. But still can't be too sure.
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord on May 3rd 2011, 12:57 pm

I don't think they actually killed him. I heard from a relative that when asked for proof, they gave them a fake ID and said that they dumped the body in the ocean. I think she mentioned other reasons as well. So it is entirely possible that this is just an election scheme.
    karkooshy

Rep9

Post by karkooshy on May 3rd 2011, 12:58 pm

Chaos_Overlord wrote:I don't think they actually killed him. I heard from a relative that when asked for proof, they gave them a fake ID and said that they dumped the body in the ocean. I think she mentioned other reasons as well. So it is entirely possible that this is just an election scheme.

They'd look pretty bad if he suddenly came up on TV xP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content