The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Share
    avatar
    Jmh





      : Male
     Rep67

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 6723

    The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Jmh on June 20th 2011, 1:39 pm

    http://www.itproportal.com/2011/06/19/sega-downs-forums-after-details-13-million-users-stolen/

    http://www.tssznews.com/2011/06/17/sega-pass-sega-forums-hit-by-hackers/

    I though they were just having maintenance, but it turns out SoA forums have been hacked... Yeah, I'm a little late.
    avatar
    karkooshy





      : Male
     Rep9

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 477

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by karkooshy on June 20th 2011, 2:23 pm

    yay
    that means free/cheap stuff from Sega after repair xD
    If they had the decency Sony had :P (which is kinda cruel to say... although true)
    But yes, that kind of sucks. What's up with all the hackers...


    _________________

    avatar
    Jmh





      : Male
     Rep67

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 6723

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Jmh on June 20th 2011, 2:25 pm

    Actually, no financial info was stolen, so I doubt it.

    What would be cool though is if they give us more Generations news if anything.
    avatar
    Auflodern





      : Male
     Rep26

    Age: : 21
     Posts: : 4159

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Auflodern on June 20th 2011, 2:37 pm

    more of a reason to not go back I guess...
    avatar
    Phantom





      : Male
     Rep11

    Age: : 32
     Posts: : 1005

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Phantom on June 20th 2011, 3:29 pm

    Great. More hacking...will it ever end?
    avatar
    Hushimo





     Rep38

     Posts: : 760

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Hushimo on June 20th 2011, 4:49 pm

    Phantom wrote:Great. More hacking...will it ever end?

    *looks at your signature*
    Well?


    avatar
    Sonowske



      : Male
     Rep0

    Age: : 23
     Posts: : 22

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Sonowske on June 22nd 2011, 2:15 pm

    Good.
    avatar
    The Freedom Fighter





      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 28
     Posts: : 5812

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on June 22nd 2011, 2:44 pm

    Sonowske wrote:Good.
    If by good you mean bad...


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    avatar
    Jmh





      : Male
     Rep67

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 6723

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Jmh on June 22nd 2011, 2:47 pm

    Sonowske wrote:Good.
    You do know people's personal information could be in danger right? Including yours if you have an account there.
    avatar
    Sonowske



      : Male
     Rep0

    Age: : 23
     Posts: : 22

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Sonowske on June 22nd 2011, 3:47 pm

    Jmh wrote:
    Sonowske wrote:Good.
    You do know people's personal information could be in danger right? Including yours if you have an account there.

    My personal information would be of no value to them, nor would anyone else's unless these hackers have a grudge against someone.
    avatar
    Hushimo





     Rep38

     Posts: : 760

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Hushimo on June 22nd 2011, 4:34 pm

    I'm just going to sit back and laugh. Of course this means if karma exists I'll get hacked some time in the near future. It'll be worth it.

    BlazePrower9205



      : Female
     Rep3

     Posts: : 127

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by BlazePrower9205 on June 22nd 2011, 11:05 pm

    Phantom wrote:Great. More hacking...will it ever end?

    Nope, there will always be hacking no matter where you go. :p

    Anyway, this really sucks for me. Hopefully they'll get the forums working again soon. Looks like I'll be hanging out on here all the time now. :/
    avatar
    The Freedom Fighter





      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 28
     Posts: : 5812

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on June 22nd 2011, 11:34 pm

    Sonowske wrote:
    Jmh wrote:
    Sonowske wrote:Good.
    You do know people's personal information could be in danger right? Including yours if you have an account there.

    My personal information would be of no value to them, nor would anyone else's unless these hackers have a grudge against someone.
    They just hacked SOA. They have a grudge.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    avatar
    darkchaos2009



      : Male
     Rep9

    Age: : 23
     Posts: : 456

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by darkchaos2009 on June 22nd 2011, 11:36 pm

    well that kinda sucks....anyways we can count on sega to fix this and not take too long for it in the meantimes guess most of us including me will chat here while thats being done right??.....
    also hushimo in a way karma doesn't exist or I may be wrong about it so you don't have much to worry about my friend.....unless there is a hacker or (teh red spy) watching us type at this moment....watching our moves.....waiting for the right time to attack....

    PS. or it can be anyone in the forums....it can be you ...it can be me....it can even be---*gets shot*
    avatar
    The Freedom Fighter





      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 28
     Posts: : 5812

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on June 23rd 2011, 2:09 am

    darkchaos2009 wrote:well that kinda sucks....anyways we can count on sega to fix this and not take too long for it in the meantimes guess most of us including me will chat here while thats being done right??.....
    also hushimo in a way karma doesn't exist or I may be wrong about it so you don't have much to worry about my friend.....unless there is a hacker or (teh red spy) watching us type at this moment....watching our moves.....waiting for the right time to attack....

    PS. or it can be anyone in the forums....it can be you ...it can be me....it can even be---*gets shot*
    http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2415/shotkc6.png
    Sorry, had to do it. :P

    Anyway, this was really bad timing to happen to Sega. It'll save SOA from login overload, but it's not good for business in the long run methinks to have your mascot's big day restricted.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    avatar
    Jmh





      : Male
     Rep67

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 6723

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Jmh on June 23rd 2011, 2:28 am

    Well, one good thing is that, we can still celebrate Sonic's birthday here!
    avatar
    TheShadowWalker





      : Male
     Rep3

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 2366

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by TheShadowWalker on June 23rd 2011, 9:58 am

    True, true...

    I swear, technology may be advanced in the past few years, but hackers still use old tricks to break in. When will they ever learn?!
    avatar
    Shade





      : Male
     Rep2

    Age: : 23
     Posts: : 6559

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Shade on June 23rd 2011, 1:25 pm

    Has SEGA been hacked?

    That's quite bad...

    Hope not too much damage was done.
    avatar
    Jmh





      : Male
     Rep67

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 6723

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Jmh on June 23rd 2011, 1:26 pm

    Sweet Mercy wrote:Has SEGA been hacked?

    That's quite bad...

    Hope not too much damage was done.
    Nah this is nothing compared to what SEGA's dealt with before.
    avatar
    Shade





      : Male
     Rep2

    Age: : 23
     Posts: : 6559

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Shade on June 23rd 2011, 1:27 pm

    Jmh wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:Has SEGA been hacked?

    That's quite bad...

    Hope not too much damage was done.
    Nah this is nothing compared to what SEGA's dealt with before.

    Oh, right.

    Chances are, they'll get this sorted as well then.

    One hopes, anyway...
    avatar
    Jmh





      : Male
     Rep67

    Age: : 22
     Posts: : 6723

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Jmh on June 23rd 2011, 1:28 pm

    Well it's no financial issue so it will only hurt their rep a little.
    avatar
    Shade





      : Male
     Rep2

    Age: : 23
     Posts: : 6559

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Shade on June 23rd 2011, 1:37 pm

    Jmh wrote:Well it's no financial issue so it will only hurt their rep a little.

    Well, SEGA haven't always had the greatest rep for reliablility... otherwise they wouldn't have been able to get hacked.

    It's just if there's any serious impact that it may get bad..
    avatar
    The Freedom Fighter





      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 28
     Posts: : 5812

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on June 28th 2011, 11:47 am

    It's surprising. It's still dead, and yet doomsday hasn't happened. I thought for sure the floods of evil would be upon us. I guess even in death SOA still holds in all the bad.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    avatar
    darkchaos2009



      : Male
     Rep9

    Age: : 23
     Posts: : 456

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by darkchaos2009 on June 30th 2011, 12:23 am

    The Freedom Fighter wrote:It's surprising. It's still dead, and yet doomsday hasn't happened. I thought for sure the floods of evil would be upon us. I guess even in death SOA still holds in all the bad.
    wait....I thought doomsday and all hell breaking loose would be when eggman decides to go on a diet
    avatar
    The Freedom Fighter





      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 28
     Posts: : 5812

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on July 1st 2011, 1:25 pm

    darkchaos2009 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:It's surprising. It's still dead, and yet doomsday hasn't happened. I thought for sure the floods of evil would be upon us. I guess even in death SOA still holds in all the bad.
    wait....I thought doomsday and all hell breaking loose would be when eggman decides to go on a diet
    No. You see, SOA is prophesized (this IS a word, Firefox :/) to be an Anti-Haven City. In other words, all the true evil is kept locked in there, and should SOA die, it would flood the Internet. It seems the admins were smart and actually kept the door closed when SOA died.

    So...wow, the staff is on their game. :P


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.

    Sponsored content

    Re: The SEGA Forums have been hacked

    Post by Sponsored content