The ancient lands.

Iizuka: "I have more control"

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Iizuka: "I have more control" VOZLn

Iizuka: "I have more control" Medalw11Iizuka: "I have more control" Medalg10Iizuka: "I have more control" Zigzag10Iizuka: "I have more control" Medal13

Rep2

Iizuka: "I have more control" Empty Iizuka: "I have more control"

Post by Gamma The Great

Iizuka again reiterates the stage selection for Generations, and also hints such recreations are a one-time deal. But he also explains the process of outsourcing some recent Sonic titles, only to try and reclaim control over quality issues:

"Originally it was more or less the same team working on all the different Sonic titles, but after a few years, for various reasons, we started to delegate Sonic games to different groups of people.

And everyone in the office has their own idea of what Sonic should be, so we started to see slightly varied, slightly different directions of Sonic games.

I was conscious of this, so I’m now back with full responsibility of all things Sonic. I have control over the direction of not just Sonic Generations, but all the Sonic titles that we will develop in the future.

So I have more control, and hopefully this will provide better appearances for future titles."

Iizuka also hinted at the future of the franchise, and while classic Sonic gameplay fans should be satisfied, there was, perhaps, a hint dropped for modern fans to get excited about:

"Sonic Generations sort of acts as the end of one period. After Sonic Generations, we will work on new Sonic titles. There’s going to be a whole new adventure, of course.

For the digital and mobile space, we have Sonic 4 – Episode 1 is already out, and we’ve already started creating Episode 2.

We’re going to continue to explore the reimaginationing of classic Sonic, but at the same time we will also keep looking into the gaming space around modern Sonic games."

Pocket Gamer article here.
    Share this post on: reddit

The Freedom Fighter

Post September 11th 2011, 7:13 pm by The Freedom Fighter

Good, I want to see more reimaginationing.
    Phantom

Post September 12th 2011, 12:23 am by Phantom

There's a saying in the entertainment industry: don't over-egg the soufflé. It means that a game that is too stuffed with ideas won't work, and one needs to find the right balance and keep a tight focus on what is really important in the game.
    Mephiles550

Post September 12th 2011, 12:57 am by Mephiles550

Hopefully this could be good....I want more creative levels.
    Techimo

Post September 16th 2011, 3:30 pm by Techimo

I guess its a new era the generations era!
    Blues

Post September 16th 2011, 7:56 pm by Blues

Well at least the era of Sonic 06 has gone i hope...

Post  by Sponsored content