Jmh
Moran
Shadowsgirl
14 posters

Drawing Attention to an important issue

Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Empty Re: Drawing Attention to an important issue

Post by Moran January 23rd 2012, 1:31 am

Oh, that's who it is? Someone needs to make an example of him. Where does he live? I can probably do this in a way that's technically legal.

ETA: Jokes aside, I cross-posted what you said about the third bill to other boards I frequent. It's pretty much all I can do to make sure one doesn't slip by short of telling my real-world friends and liars, which I'll do when I run into them next. Because that would be a disaster and word spreads like wildfire when people want it to.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Kz2PK

Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Blackr10Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 White10

Rep-6

Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Empty Re: Drawing Attention to an important issue

Post by Shadowsgirl January 23rd 2012, 10:26 am

Smith is from Texas, and he's giving a bad name to the state. I have several friends from there who are ashamed to admit living in the same state he represents. Maybe you've met or heard of Novastar on the Sonic Forums? She's one of those Texans who isn't fond of him.

And good, keeping people in the know is one of the best ways we can fight this. That's why I keep posting stuff here when I find new information: so more people can know. I just wish people at my college would take this more seriously....
    Zez
    Zez

Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 VOZLn

Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Blackr10Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Medalw11Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Zigzag10Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

Post by Zez January 23rd 2012, 5:51 pm

Texas? Ugh, God damn it, as if we aren't hated enough.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Blackr10Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 White10

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl January 23rd 2012, 6:26 pm

Yeah, Smith represents the 21st Congressional District of Texas. Here's a map of his area.
    http://www.wrhammons.com/TX21_109.gif
    If you live in the green area, he represents YOU. But it also means you can send him an email. I wanted to send him a nice long rant about how he needs to get a clue that no one wants his bills and he's not being clever thinking of other ways to get something similar to SOPA passed. But it wouldn't let me because I don't live in his district. -_-
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran January 24th 2012, 4:09 am

You do know you could just fudge the location crap if you really wanted to, right? Well, regardless, he won't listen. The only thing politicians tend to listen to any more is "the threat of being lowered into the mud with the pigs," as someone put it. Or, roughly something like that. You might be able to scare the bejeezus out of them by putting a bot on a bunch of computers (Virus sorts would work wonders.) to make tons of e-mail addresses and just e-mail them something automatically. They won't actually read all the crap, and if it seems vaguely related to their stupidity sins even if they read a bit it'll look legit through those cloudy eyes. The thing is, though, the perceived volume of people yelling at them will frighten them, because the general notion is that people contact their congresspeople almost exclusively when they're mad. If you can make it seem like he got more e-mails than people from his district could deliver, he'll probably even think someone hacked into the server and released his e-mail somewhere else so now he's technologically threatened as well. G-men aren't very savvy about the way the various systems of the internet work.

Another thing I should note: Fency, from somewhere else, notes that it might be the big media corps pulling most or all of the strings.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl January 24th 2012, 8:00 pm

Well, things are going to get interesting to say the least. Anonymous has officially declared war on Congress.
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/16/anonymous-declares-war-on-congress-with-opaccountable/
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl January 26th 2012, 10:34 pm

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/make-influence-big-corporations-major-political-reform-illegal/0zyhSlgn
    https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/please-submit-acta-senate-ratification-required-constitution-trade-agreements/VgZJGZMt
    http://www.avaaz.org/en/eu_save_the_internet/?twi
    Some petitions to consider signing. Please.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl January 29th 2012, 5:20 pm

I just stumbled across this. It's worth reading. http://reddragon64.deviantart.com/art/Your-Call-to-Action-282169860

Also ACTA has a sister bill now. TPP. It's basically ACTA for the countries that live more around the pacific coast. They just won't stop poping out these stupid bills.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran April 2nd 2012, 8:41 am

Notice how very few people all over are talking about this, even though it's still very much around and could very easily fuck up all the internet as well as... everything else, if good men and women do nothing. As the saying goes.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 2nd 2012, 1:08 pm

Guess people are procrastinating about worrying.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Imagee10

Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Medalw11Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 White10Drawing Attention to an important issue - Page 4 Medal13

: Male
     Rep67

Post by Jmh April 21st 2012, 12:55 am

I apologize for bumping a thread that's basically done with, but I just found this and had to share it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LXcguX6fGnQ

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content