The ancient lands.

Sonic Generations: Glitch Exploit

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Sonic Generations: Glitch Exploit VOZLn

Sonic Generations: Glitch Exploit Medalw11Sonic Generations: Glitch Exploit Medalg10Sonic Generations: Glitch Exploit Zigzag10Sonic Generations: Glitch Exploit Medal13

Rep2

Sonic Generations: Glitch Exploit Empty Sonic Generations: Glitch Exploit

Post by Gamma The Great

To this point, the online leaderboards for the console versions of Sonic Generations have remained mostly problem-free.

That could change, however, at least on the Playstation 3, on which the video we're about to show you below was recorded. It comes from YouTuber DarkspinesSonic, who says the exploit, while quite monotonous, can freeze the timer during gameplay all the way to the end of the stage:

"So apparently if you pause immediately after unpausing in Sonic Generations, you move but the timer doesn’t. Whenever you bring up the PS3 Crossbar menu, the game is automatically paused. Therefore, if you press the PS button after unpausing, you’ll always do a frame perfect pause."

For those patient enough to try it, the glitch could wreak havoc on presently pristine console leaderboards. Reports suggest an update to Generations was released today, but it did not appear to fix the issue.

Share this post on: reddit

Techimo

Post December 25th 2011, 5:19 am by Techimo

Thats why I never trust PS3 along with Xbox 360. (Thats why I never post my gamertag) I mean, freezing time? Now Time Attack IS NO USE!
    Hushimo

Post December 25th 2011, 3:30 pm by Hushimo

Tech Man 753 wrote:Thats why I never trust PS3 along with Xbox 360. (Thats why I never post my gamertag) I mean, freezing time? Now Time Attack IS NO USE!

Zez

Post November 8th 2012, 12:51 am by Zez

One of the reasons vying for leaderboard position is even more futile it is in the first place.

Post  by Sponsored content