Sonic Adventure 2
24 posters

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title

Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep7

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Empty Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 26th 2012, 7:33 am

It does not fall in the parameters of a "classic game" despite what the title says.

In fact, it decredits 20 years f this beloved franchise and throws its original days out the window.

The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title ZtZYh

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Blackr10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalw11Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Zigzag10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title White10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medal13Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title 2nio02t

Rep76

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Empty Re: Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 26th 2012, 4:12 pm

Like Solaris Paradox said, a future game cannot ruin one that already exists.
    robotnikclause
    robotnikclause

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title WFmvl

Rep0

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Empty Re: Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title

Post by robotnikclause July 15th 2012, 2:51 pm

Sonic 4 is classic. Just not the "classic" that people dreamed of. People dreamed of elemental shields, stage transitions, neat gimmicks, epic bosses and storyline, things like that.

If Sonic 4 by SEGA isn't your idea of Sonic 4, there is a fully 2D, high definition Sonic 3 style fangame being made titled "Sonic 4 as you imagined it"

I'm not joking either. It actually is. At any rate, the point is, Sonic 4 depends on how you imagined it. SEGA obviously imagined a game that went back too the roots of Sonic 1 & 2, while adding modern elements to a classic series. I personally had fun playing it, but it isn't my Sonic 4 either.

So either way, Sonic 4 doesn't deserve to lose it's name, because it looks like each episode is going to try and appeal to a different audience. Episode 2 was an awful lot like Sonic 2 IMO.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Imagee10

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title White10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalg10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medal13Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz July 15th 2012, 6:52 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:It does not fall in the parameters of a "classic game" despite what the title says.

In fact, it decredits 20 years f this beloved franchise and throws its original days out the window.

Cry some moar.
    oHDGx
    oHDGx

Rep0

Post by oHDGx July 18th 2012, 11:30 am

I agree as I expected a whole lot more from it other than the pile of crap that it is.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title VOZLn

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalw11Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord July 19th 2012, 7:32 am

While Sonic 4 could have been better, it doesn't discredit the older games, as they still rock. What discredit the classic games, Sonic 1 in particular is the awful Sonic 1 port to the GBA that completely shits on the original.
    Psychic Hedgehog
    Psychic Hedgehog

Rep0

Post by Psychic Hedgehog July 20th 2012, 10:16 am

It's an insult to Classic fans as Shadow the Hedgehog was an insult to Dreamcast era fans. The game is so bland that not even good level design can save it now.
    Kendostudio
    Kendostudio

Rep0

Post by Kendostudio July 20th 2012, 1:01 pm

Problem with Sonic 4: It's episodic, cannot be sold as a full game (or can it eventually), uses different graphics engines with both episodes, and takes too long to be made.
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 July 20th 2012, 3:12 pm

They really weren't that bad... but I kind of think it's good they're not making anymore. They definitely could do better.
    -RT
    -RT

Rep1

Post by -RT July 21st 2012, 3:53 am

Sonic 4 should be left alone. Ep 1 and Ep 2 are not by any means comparable to the MegaDrive trilogy, but they are pretty good on their own. I found myself enjoying some of the visuals, the music and the gameplay gimmicks a lot.
    Jimmy Russels
    Jimmy Russels

Rep0

Post by Jimmy Russels July 21st 2012, 2:57 pm

Can't say I'm a big fan of Sonic 4, either.

I still think you're overreacting though.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalw11Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title White10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 21st 2012, 4:02 pm

Jimmy Russels wrote:Can't say I'm a big fan of Sonic 4, either.

I still think you're overreacting though.
    Oh, trust me, his jimmies have been rustled for a long time now.
    iHawk
    iHawk

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title 3qll2

Rep15

Post by iHawk July 23rd 2012, 11:39 am

if Sonic 4 was stripped of anything I would pay them to put their clothes back up
    Anonymous

Post by Guest July 24th 2012, 4:35 pm

I liked Sonic 4 Episode II.
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Blackr10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalw11Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Zigzag10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 24th 2012, 4:54 pm

iHawk wrote:if Sonic 4 was stripped of anything I would pay them to put their clothes back up

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Small_lol%20guy
    Anonymous

Post by Guest July 24th 2012, 6:17 pm

That hurts my eyes
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Blackr10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalw11Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Zigzag10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 24th 2012, 6:45 pm

Sushimo wrote:That hurts my eyes

As it should, Sushi. As it should.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest July 24th 2012, 6:45 pm

But my eyes don't like being hurt
    Kaotix
    Kaotix

Rep2

Post by Kaotix July 29th 2012, 9:50 am

I just love it when people talk about the games as if they're kings or something.

It's a game with a title. Let it go.
    sykog
    sykog

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Blackr10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalw11Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalg10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Zigzag10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 29th 2012, 4:26 pm

Kaotix wrote:I just love it when people talk about the games as if they're kings or something.

You don't know the half about this Sonic Adventure 2 dude. This is a very small sample size.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalw11Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title White10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 29th 2012, 4:33 pm

sykog wrote:
    Kaotix wrote:I just love it when people talk about the games as if they're kings or something.

You don't know the half about this Sonic Adventure 2 dude.
    Hopefully it stays that way. No need to look back on a matter that's already dealt with.
    Hyperstreaker
    Hyperstreaker

Rep0

Post by Hyperstreaker August 2nd 2012, 12:37 pm

I disagree with the OP. Sonic 4 may not be classic in every way, but the game IS classic enough, and worthy of its title, even with some rather modern elements put into the game. Just because it is not what one expected or wanted does not mean it isn't classic.

robotnikclause wrote:Sonic 4 is classic. Just not the "classic" that people dreamed of. People dreamed of elemental shields, stage transitions, neat gimmicks, epic bosses and storyline, things like that.

If Sonic 4 by SEGA isn't your idea of Sonic 4, there is a fully 2D, high definition Sonic 3 style fangame being made titled "Sonic 4 as you imagined it"

I'm not joking either. It actually is. At any rate, the point is, Sonic 4 depends on how you imagined it. SEGA obviously imagined a game that went back too the roots of Sonic 1 & 2, while adding modern elements to a classic series.

Pretty much this as well.
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Rep5

Post by TrueBlue52 August 2nd 2012, 2:45 pm

The coolest part about Sonic 4 is that it can be played on iPods and iPhones.

Though, I do agree, calling it 'Sonic 4' carries certain implications.

I only played a demo. It wasn't bad, but it leaves me wondering why the creators can't make an epic sonic game!!

Mario games have like 5 times as many levels, mini games, perks, and secrets.

I am pretty sure the creators did not invest their money correctly in the beginning, and so they can not spend as much money on programmers.

And I'm also fairly certain that the creators are still marketing to kids, forgetting that Sonic's fanbase is full of adults now.
    -RT
    -RT

Rep1

Post by -RT August 4th 2012, 5:13 pm

TrueBlue52 wrote:The coolest part about Sonic 4 is that it can be played on iPods and iPhones.

I only played a demo. It wasn't bad, but it leaves me wondering why the creators can't make an epic sonic game!!

I am pretty sure the creators did not invest their money correctly in the beginning, and so they can not spend as much money on programmers.

And I'm also fairly certain that the creators are still marketing to kids, forgetting that Sonic's fanbase is full of adults now.
    HOLY HELL, SEGA IS MARKETING THE FRANCHISE ABOUT CARTOONY TALKING ANIMALS TO KIDS? THOSE SILLIES.
    sykog
    sykog

Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Blackr10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalw11Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medalg10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Zigzag10Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog August 4th 2012, 6:47 pm

-RT wrote:
    TrueBlue52 wrote:The coolest part about Sonic 4 is that it can be played on iPods and iPhones.

HOLY HELL, SEGA IS MARKETING THE FRANCHISE ABOUT CARTOONY TALKING ANIMALS TO KIDS? THOSE SILLIES.
    This is what you get when Sonic tries to grow up: Sonic 4 should be stripped of its title Shadow-the-hedgehog-xbox

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content