NeoMetalSonic
Kaotix
sykog
The Freedom Fighter
TrueBlue52
16 posters

Should you feel guilty for eating meat?

Anonymous

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Empty Should you feel guilty for eating meat?

Post by Guest August 2nd 2012, 12:07 am

So, is it right to eat meat? To take the life of something, just so you can eat something with a better taste than vegetables? Or is it justified since humans are at the top of the food chain?
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep5

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Empty Re: Should you feel guilty for eating meat?

Post by TrueBlue52 August 2nd 2012, 1:27 am

Sure it is. Its not our fault we were born into the animal kingdom.

1. I already prayed and asked G-d to get me on a new diet. But apparently, all of his creations eat each other like some sick joke.

2. I didn't even ask to be born. So all my bad karma is being scapegoated back in time onto Adam & Eve (cuz Karma can do that, YO).
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? ZtZYh

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Blackr10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medalw11Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Zigzag10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? White10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medal13Should you feel guilty for eating meat? 2nio02t

Rep76

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Empty Re: Should you feel guilty for eating meat?

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 2nd 2012, 1:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSLQu-d6ZQ
    Must be posted.
    sykog
    sykog

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Imagee10

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Blackr10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medalw11Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medalg10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Zigzag10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog August 2nd 2012, 3:22 am

But it tastes like chicken.
    Kaotix
    Kaotix

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? WFmvl

Rep2

Post by Kaotix August 2nd 2012, 8:38 am

At the very least you should feel guilty about the horrible things they do to the animals before they kill them.

Now watch, I'm gonna be marked as an insane PETA person for saying that.
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Rep5

Post by TrueBlue52 August 2nd 2012, 10:23 am

Has anyone here gone fishing before? And then cleaned the fish?

Or hunting w/ deer.

AND P.S. Deer are stupid! You can't help but kill them when they run right in front of your car and then just stand there
    Kaotix
    Kaotix

Rep2

Post by Kaotix August 2nd 2012, 10:38 am

TrueBlue52 wrote:Has anyone here gone fishing before? And then cleaned the fish?

Or hunting w/ deer.

AND P.S. Deer are stupid! You can't help but kill them when they run right in front of your car and then just stand there

Kids do that too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest August 2nd 2012, 1:59 pm

Like Kaotix said, if a toddler went in the front of the road, would you be like "Pfft, what an idiot, he deserves to die."
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Blackr10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medalw11Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Zigzag10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? White10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medal13Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic August 2nd 2012, 2:07 pm

No that's stupid since the beginning of Earth and till to this day lifeforms have eaten other lifeforms to survive
    The least you could do for it is to make sure not one part of it is wasted
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Rep5

Post by TrueBlue52 August 2nd 2012, 2:25 pm

I DO think that some people go overboard though.

1. If you run a restaurant or a grocery store, chances are, you throw away too much meat. You CAN freeze meat so it doesn't go bad...

2. If you are a consumer, and you think its okay to eat 5 lbs of steak a day, then you should cut back.

BUT

1. Contrary to popular belief, being vegan does NOT give you super powers.

2. I've tried being a vegan/vegetarian. While protein powders are okay for awhile, they can mess with your digestive system unless you take the right vitamins/supplements. It gets expensive.

3. Eggs are unfertilized. They will never be fertilized after they have come out of the chicken. Though some people like to eat cooked duck embryos/fetuses or whatever they are called, I think its just gross to look at. Still, I would not consider eggs 'meat' and the main reason people wouldn't eat eggs (aside from health reasons) would be that the Hens may be mistreated.

4. Milk is not meat either. And traditionally, Cows were not necessarily 'mistreated' to get it.

5. I think in order to become a vegetarian/vegan, one has to adjust slowly, or be raised a vegetarian. Vegetables are digested completely different from meat. Digestive enzymes and intestinal bacteria digest most of your food, so if you just all of a sudden change your diet, you will need specific enzymes/bacteria to digest it for you.

6. Bottom line: I have found that I feel healthier if I am eating meat than if I am eating Nachos, starch, and beans (ughh). I like protein powders, but I am still not sure how healthy it is.

There are religions where the people think it is taboo to even eat root vegetables like potatoes because it kills the plant. These same religions preach that the highest ideal a person can have is to live solely on air for nourishment. It is good on paper, but not in practice.
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Rep5

Post by TrueBlue52 August 2nd 2012, 2:28 pm

As a solution, Do you think it would be ethical to manufacture meat from stem cells? I know it sounds shadey, but in this scenario, the scientists are like "Nobel Prize" scientists and would hypothetically succeed in creating this meat (and they would hypothetically be able to do it CHEAPLY)
    iHawk
    iHawk

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? 3qll2

Rep15

Post by iHawk August 2nd 2012, 3:54 pm

Sometimes when I'm at KFC I ask that everybody takes a moment of silence and bow their heads for those brave chickens that died for our hunger
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? VOZLn

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medal13

: Female
     Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* August 3rd 2012, 2:35 pm

Nope. While I do feel bad the animals have to die, I don't feel bad because it provides me with food to eat.
    TheGeekyAngel
    TheGeekyAngel

Rep2

Post by TheGeekyAngel August 3rd 2012, 2:38 pm

Pfft. Animals die everyday. If we ain't killing 'em, something else is. And people be hungry, we gotta eat, so no I'm not guitly.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? 56qtD

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medal13Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medalw11Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medalg10

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo August 3rd 2012, 2:38 pm

Humans are at the top of the food chain, so no, you shouldn't feel bad for eating animals. Whether it be duck, lamb, cows, chickens etc. they were all put here to satisfy our hunger.
    PaytonBree
    PaytonBree

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? GOMM8

Rep9

Post by PaytonBree August 3rd 2012, 2:39 pm

If animals weren't eaten, then the world would be over-populated with animals. Has anyone here gutted a deer before?
    AshuraSenku
    AshuraSenku

Rep0

Post by AshuraSenku August 3rd 2012, 2:44 pm

No, because meat is delicious.
    Hushimo HD
    Hushimo HD

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? VOZLn

Rep18

Post by Hushimo HD August 3rd 2012, 2:45 pm

No! Of course not! We shouldn't be made to feel guilty. It's perfectly natural. Do you think that lion that killed that poor zebra feels guilty? Or what about that owl who killed that mouse for his dinner? Do he feel guilty? No. So we shouldn't either. It's life.

Besides...think of all those poor vegetables that lay down their lives to feed you vegetarians and vegans!
    Zezima
    Zezima
    Adeio Vasilia
    Adeio Vasilia

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Blackr10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? White10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? 2nio02t

Rep80

Post by Zezima August 3rd 2012, 3:29 pm

Every day, millions of innocent vegetables and fruit get ruthlessly slaughtered, picked, prepared and eaten by vegetarians and vegans alike.

Help end the violence.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medalw11Should you feel guilty for eating meat? White10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh August 3rd 2012, 3:45 pm

I only eat words.
    Zezima
    Zezima
    Adeio Vasilia
    Adeio Vasilia

Should you feel guilty for eating meat? Blackr10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? White10Should you feel guilty for eating meat? 2nio02t

Rep80

Post by Zezima August 3rd 2012, 3:49 pm

Jmh wrote:I only eat words.

Sonic. More violent than you think.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran August 3rd 2012, 5:17 pm

I don't need to eat living things. Inert matter is good enough. So long as I am consuming matter that I can convert to energy to, for example, shoot lasers out of my hands, it doesn't matter what form it takes.

*nibbles on a chunk of lead*
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Rep5

Post by TrueBlue52 August 3rd 2012, 5:25 pm

Mly wrote:I don't need to eat living things. Inert matter is good enough. So long as I am consuming matter that I can convert to energy to, for example, shoot lasers out of my hands, it doesn't matter what form it takes.

*nibbles on a chunk of lead*

Thats true, we could all just eat dirt and rocks!
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran August 3rd 2012, 5:29 pm

You couldn't. I can, but I happen to be Mly.
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Rep5

Post by TrueBlue52 August 3rd 2012, 5:35 pm

*TRUEBLUE52* feeds Mly some magnesium oxide rocks.

"Its yummy!!" says Trueblue.

*Mly* runs to the bath room.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content