Pooka
16 posters

How to improve Sonic 4?

Pooka
    Pooka

How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep1

How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Empty Re: How to improve Sonic 4?

Post by Pooka August 15th 2012, 12:17 pm

Weird... anyways, I noticed something weird today.

In our glorious Sonic 2 days, we went to the Yellow Metropolis Zone, and when we found out that on these screws that take you up and down, you can spindash on them and have a boost in getting up and down... for the expense of having to stop every once in a while and restarting the dash (Tails can further speed it up if he stands on the pipe with you and spindashes.)

Fast forward to our days of Sonic 4, Green Mad Gear Zone, and we see those gears that Sonic can move them just like the pipes in Yellow Metropolis. Can you spindash on them? The answer is...

NO

Sonic cannot crouch while standing at the gear, so he cannot boot up a spindash.

Facepalm
    Nuva
    Nuva

How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Imagee10

How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Medalw11How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva August 15th 2012, 3:20 pm

I think they may be trying to phase out the spindash, and at our complaints are slowly giving it back. And then Generations overkilled it.
    Pooka
    Pooka

Rep1

Post by Pooka August 16th 2012, 10:23 am

I think I got some great idea yesterday. If Dimps want to leave the game with all these physics and such, why not they make an update to add a new mode to the game? Yes, you heard it, modes.

One should be called "Classic Mode" in which you get all the Genesis physics and with any change in level designs, assuming they're going to make better physics by Episode III, and another should be called "Normal Mode" in which the current physics are to be played.

This sounds like an idea Dimps would never make though. Unless they want their jumpy physics and the great physics in one.
    Nuva
    Nuva

How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Medalw11How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva August 16th 2012, 9:10 pm

Dimps seems to have issues giving us Genesis physics, I wouldn't count on it.
    Pooka
    Pooka

Rep1

Post by Pooka August 17th 2012, 4:10 pm

I know this is unrelated but it still got me in my mind. I kind of like feel the homing attack in SADX is the best one available.

Did Dimps really pull out a proper homing attack before, the way people wanted it to work like? Do you think it would be great for Sonic 4 without the bubble chains?
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva August 17th 2012, 5:15 pm

I like the newer style homing attack where after hitting something you kinda keep your momentum a little bit instead of just stopping all movement upon hitting them. Makes it feel a little more fluid.
    Zez
    Zez

How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 VOZLn

How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Blackr10How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Medalw11How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Zigzag10How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez November 7th 2012, 11:44 pm

1: Remove the 4.
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Post by Moran November 7th 2012, 11:45 pm

2: Officially declare that Sonic Advance is Sonic 4 after the fact and retcon 4 into the voidstreams of Oblivion.
    Zez
    Zez

How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 VOZLn

How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Blackr10How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Medalw11How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Zigzag10How to improve Sonic 4? - Page 3 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez November 8th 2012, 1:56 am

3: Make more than 4 zones per installment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content