Schnickelfritz
Pooka
sykog
15 posters

So...

The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

So... - Page 2 ZtZYh

So... - Page 2 Blackr10So... - Page 2 Medalw11So... - Page 2 Zigzag10So... - Page 2 White10So... - Page 2 Medal13So... - Page 2 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

So... - Page 2 Empty Re: So...

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 10th 2012, 9:59 am

Oh, well, if those are all for the PC, that's why. I'm speaking of all the console ports.
    No Cow Level
    No Cow Level

So... - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by No Cow Level September 10th 2012, 7:27 pm

The only Sonic game with noticeable load times that I've played on consoles has been 06.
    Nuva
    Nuva

So... - Page 2 Imagee10

So... - Page 2 Medalw11So... - Page 2 Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva September 10th 2012, 11:49 pm

You're gonna scar people with that screencap. We want to attract users, not make them flee in terror.

Also I really want to play '06, I honestly think it can't really be as bad as you all say, and the few of you defending it give me hope.

minus that one scene, of course
    sykog
    sykog

So... - Page 2 Imagee10

So... - Page 2 Blackr10So... - Page 2 Medalw11So... - Page 2 Medalg10So... - Page 2 Zigzag10So... - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog September 11th 2012, 12:27 am

Nuva wrote:You're gonna scar people with that screencap. We want to attract users, not make them flee in terror.

Also I really want to play '06, I honestly think it can't really be as bad as you all say, and the few of you defending it give me hope.

minus that one scene, of course
    That's what eyelids are for.
    Zez
    Zez

So... - Page 2 VOZLn

So... - Page 2 Blackr10So... - Page 2 Medalw11So... - Page 2 Zigzag10So... - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez November 7th 2012, 11:40 pm

Ah, but what color are those eyelids?
    Nuva
    Nuva

So... - Page 2 Imagee10

Rep20

Post by Nuva November 8th 2012, 12:36 am

Blue
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

So... - Page 2 Imagee10

So... - Page 2 White10So... - Page 2 Medalg10So... - Page 2 Medal13So... - Page 2 Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz November 8th 2012, 12:51 am

Zez wrote:Ah, but what color are those eyelids?

Cool bump bro.
    Zez
    Zez

So... - Page 2 VOZLn

So... - Page 2 Blackr10So... - Page 2 Medalw11So... - Page 2 Zigzag10So... - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez November 8th 2012, 2:06 am

Nuva wrote:Blue

Not tan?
    Nuva
    Nuva

So... - Page 2 Imagee10

Rep20

Post by Nuva November 9th 2012, 2:24 am

Never tan.
    Knucklesownsyou280
    Knucklesownsyou280

So... - Page 2 GOMM8

Rep2

Post by Knucklesownsyou280 November 9th 2012, 10:00 am

Erazor wrote:I earned all of the achievements in that game. I'm at the point where I can S rank a level on my first try after months of not playing it.

Truth be told I don't think it's the worst Sonic game out there, and sometimes I yearn for the days of the furry melodrama that's been replaced with that not-so-funny-winking-at-the-audience humor that has dominated the last few games in the series.

P.S. Watch out for Shadow's Crisis City and Silver's Dusty Desert.
    Pretty much this, except I never got every achievement when I had the game, nor did I S-Rank every level, though I did get through most levels just fine( except on Silver's Dusty Desert).

I kind of liked the weird gems you could buy towards the end of the game/ after you beat Sonic's story (I think), there were seven of them (though I only used, like, three of them in normal gameplay). I don't remember all of their powers, but the Blue gem gave Sonic a speed boost, the Red one let him slow down time(which fucked up any ramp jumps you made in levels) the purple Gem basically shrunk sonic and let him use endless jumps in mini form(basically allowing one to float across the hub world wherever they wanted), and the Cyan one, when thrown, let Sonic instantly warp to the location where the gem landed. I don't remember what the other ones did.

The only things that annoyed me outright were not the loading times themselves(though they were pretty bad), but the ridiculous number of them there were for simple tasks. I was basically discouraged from playing any unnecessary sidequests simply because it took 3 to 4 separate loading screens to simply play them, and god forbid you fail them and have to try again, and in the first stage's mach speed part, you could glitch and completely botch up the end loop randomly, kissing that S Rank goodbye literally only a few yards from the goal ring. Also, to elaborate, I didn't like Silver's Dusty Desert level, because golf ball. Though I heard there was a glitch where you could jump through the top of the door by stacking boxes on top of one another.

All in all, the game is a failed attempt to revitalize the then-slowly-capsizing Sonic franchise; a game who's potential to be amazing was squandered by rushing and deadlines, as we all know.
    However, I'd like to say that even with it's many flaws and glitches, I still found some enjoyment playing it, and hey, at least Sonic Team finally got their act together with Generations.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content