Tails Adventure 2: The Matrix

preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Tails Adventure 2: The Matrix WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

Tails Adventure 2: The Matrix Empty Tails Adventure 2: The Matrix

Post by preadatordetector August 2nd 2014, 12:37 am

This fanfiction starts during the time Sonic Chronicles ended, or before Sonic Unleashed if Sonic Chronicles is not game canon.

I have made a system for the coloring of the text in my fanfiction and the gimmicks you would see when you read it. It goes like so:

Garbage
    Romances

Remarks
    Flashback

Explanation
    Backstory

Humor
    Current

Please use this system if you want to contribute to this story.

Dr. Ivo Robotnik, a.k.a. "Dr. Eggman", was finally able to create an empire on Sonic's home world. However, he wasn't able to do it without help. He founded Robotnik Corp., best known for creating Accevice, MeteoTech, and other brands that are also responsible for many technological innovations. He kept the existence and reputation of his company as clean as possible, for the company in itself was responsible not only for the majority of the evil doctor's resources, but it was the world that Robotnik wanted to create all along when he would try and fail in dominating the planet.

When Robotnik's grandfather and cousin was murdered aboard the ARK, he wanted to change the world so that the event, which traumatized him so, wouldn't happen to repeat in history again. The way he designed his world is so seemingly bleak, yet it would be designed so that intelligent, and studious, people like his grandfather would be able to always be needed, never to be turned against, and always be in control. He designed his government so that only the most intelligent people would remain in control, and always be under the protection of his government.

In some ways the Robotnik Corporation worked this way. Employees tend to be scientists hunted down because their experiments have gotten too dangerous. The Robotnik Corporation ciphers their identities, provides them employment, and allows them to work in their field of profession for well deserved pay. Their profits are also unimaginable. Investments, products, and services are done with calculated efficiency and usually pay off.

It is what would be expected from a company run by an individual with the I.Q. of 300.

Obviously, environmental integrity, the quality of life for animals and lower intelligence individuals and class equality has gone on the wayside in areas within the Doctor's jurisdiction. However, medicine, education, and technology within that territory improved tremendously. It has become impossible to see these improvements, however, because of all of the health problems caused by the loss of vitality in his empire.

It is what is to be expected of the Doctor, after all.

And Sonic sees these flaws, despises them, and wants to make the world better for everyone and the environment. This would threaten Eggman's "utopia", and their interests conflicted.

This has gone on for over four years now. (Sonic's time.)

And Eggman is about to his most dastardly plot in the history of the blue hedgehog.

Last edited by preadatordetector on August 25th 2014, 8:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Tails Adventure 2: The Matrix Empty Re: Tails Adventure 2: The Matrix

Post by preadatordetector August 9th 2014, 3:14 am

Now, the Doctor's plan was to utilize the seven Chaos Emeralds for one of his machines, made to stop his blue antagonist once and for all.

But, in order to test it before he rolls it off the shelves he needs a medium in which he could easily manipulate Sonic into using without his knowledge.

He commences reconnaissance missions with his robots to discover anything that may be what he was looking for.

While he learned that video games outside of motion controller games do not interest our azure hero, he found something that does. Books. Lots and lots of books. This was the starting point Eggman needed to put an unstoppable end to our poor hero.

Enter, and leave, the first game in the Storybook series.

Last edited by preadatordetector on August 25th 2014, 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector August 9th 2014, 3:24 am

Now that Eggman knows that his invention works remarkably well, and that he also gained valuable information in the process, he would now create the finished product of his endeavors. He kept the entire plan of it in his head, and eventually designed his entire armada to set the stage for his next encounter with Sonic.

Knowing that he will have to face his nemeses' super form, Robotnik designed the capsule in which he would contain his archnemesis and drain as much power from him as possible in order to power up his neurotechnological machination.

The device was perfect, the doctor thought. It was powerful enough to alter memories, replicate routines, and predict any thought that would be coming from the captive barring anyone with an I.Q. less than 150.

He would also fake an entirely new line of robots; he needs to make them appear to be extremely stupid in order to make his nemesis cocky. The classic Egg Pawns, however, wouldn't work because that if Sonic already knew his strategy in deploying it then all of the effort would be for nothing.

Last edited by preadatordetector on August 25th 2014, 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector August 15th 2014, 12:49 am

Once he was able to amass his force, Dr. Ivo Robotnik proceeded to set his plan in motion. When his nemesis attacks his cheap distraction armada, he would force his nemesis to utilize the seven Chaos emeralds in an effort to destroy the Doctor, or at least neutralize him.

Then he would lead Sonic to his neural simulation machine, and using the properties of the Chaos Emeralds, direct all of Sonic's Chaos energy that he is using to not only power the machine, but also restrain Sonic well enough to apply the effects of the machine to him.

His I.Q. dictates that if his plan were to succeed this process must be disguised. Looking into fictional material of the past, he found a unnatural creature of transformative properties, and whose transformation doesn't look very pretty realistically. Then he used whatever connections that were tied with said creature for its transformation, then tried to find any source of foothold in the fears afflicting the average person.

The results were quite easy and very pleasing for the calculating dictator. Then he tried to see what kinds of devices could invoke enough change in the world to justify it. He was startled by the lack of options he had.

Deeper into thought and research, Dr. Robotnik was able to find similar levels of monstrosity from people's fears of what can lay inside the earth, a fear that comes naturally from numerous forms of natural disasters possible to occur because of the mechanics of the crust.

So now he had a plan in which he could beat Sonic once and for all. And now it would all go into motion in a few days...

Last edited by preadatordetector on August 25th 2014, 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector August 15th 2014, 1:24 pm

Zero hour. Sonic the Hedgehog attacks Eggman's fleet. Everything goes according to plan.

Game over.

Except...

When he completed the process, Miles Prower, more commonly known under his alias "Tails", was also able to infiltrate Eggman's fleet. Upon the discovery of Eggman's deed, he tried to release Sonic.

Things didn't go so well for the two of them.

Eggman was first to respond, restraining Tails while he gotten some of his human staff to carry Sonic's capsule out to an unknown location.

Tails was able to break free by using his namesake body part to attack Eggman's legs. Unfortunately, it was only after Robotnik Corporation employees were able to escape the general area.

Eggman has had an escape pod handy in case his plans didn't go as well as he expected. He used this to capture Tails and send him to another location to impede his ability to rescue Sonic.

And then...

The Doctor gave the order for his empire to find new allies, and protect his territory at all costs...

And avoid participation in invasion for the time being.

Last edited by preadatordetector on August 25th 2014, 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector August 20th 2014, 6:45 pm

Several months passed before that mishap and this adventure. Tails was so focused on preserving Sonic's identity through hacking and programming that he decided that in order to get an effective way to protect his objectives and planning from failure he has to compete with the Robotnik Corporation.

He created Prower Enterprises just for this purpose. To get staff he hired ex-anarchists, people concerned about the environment with scientific backgrounds, and many kinds of hacktivists. His products involve environmentally friendly inventions and materials, giving Tails a logistical and environmental edge against Dr. Robotnik.

Weapons manufactured by his company were extremely fast in terms of firerate and mobility, as well as having higher accuracy than any other professional company in the world. Robots developed by his company were more resilient to damage as well, and oftentimes supported each other and their clients in combat.

They do however have a few disadvantages. Other than attempting to destroy a few weak spots, they do not deal a lot of damage overall. Robotnik Corporation weapons could easily fend off against Prower Enterprises weapons at close range, and oftentimes do not have a minimum range. Prower Corporation weapons use gyrojets, and therefore when in close range they have to use their utility-designed melee weapons in order to defend against an attacker.

Therefore when fighting against the enemy they tend to attack in teams, making it more difficult for an enemy to enter in direct combat to survive. They gathered allies, GUN Federation being one, and they would attempt to gather more as time goes on.

But they are not the only ones gathering allies...

Last edited by preadatordetector on August 25th 2014, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector August 21st 2014, 12:09 pm

So now we are done with the introduction. Democratic environmentalists vs. intellectual dictatorships. Same conflict as many other comics, so...

Those on Tails side involve GUN Federation, his company, and the anthropomorphic militia.

Those siding with Robotnik involve his company and Tails's past enemies.

As the story goes on, these two factions would gather more forces and allies.

All of this unnecessary detail would be skipped in the first part of the story.
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector August 27th 2014, 2:04 am

Prower Corporation Headquarters
    CODENAMED: Tails House
    Cocoa Island, Mobian Pacific (or whatever floats your boat.)
    DAYS since Sonic's capture: 130.

Time: 04:17 AM

Tails is sitting in front of a computer desk, writing something on a piece of paper. It has many entries on it.
    Tails: I need to find a way to get past Eggman's security systems so that I can locate and track Sonic's whereabouts.
    Rouge: Currently working on it. Unfortunately I have been going into many dead ends.
    Amy: Even I wasn't able to discover where Sonic has been. Fortunately I was able to take out yet another one of Eggman's large factories.
    Shadow: Heh. They wouldn't be making ballistic projectiles anytime soon.
    Espio: I found some data files from the Robotnik Corporation's network. I wonder how much time we have though before Eggman moves Sonic again.
    Tails: Well, I have a few artificial Chaos Emeralds for you guys to use. Considering the fact that Eggman may be able to crack it looking at how much time I had one before making the first artificial Chaos Emerald, I think that he might have found a way to make more as well. Take caution.

All of the sudden, while Tails was composing the last bit of his latest comment, he heard a loud crash.

He knew it was one of the people sharing his equipment, and went to investigate.

"Marine!" Tails yelled, not knowing what danger lurks close to her. He went to where he left her: with Shadow. "Shadow, for crying out loud, can you at least keep Marine out of trouble?!" When he went to the scene of the crime, he found a frightening sight.

Insect-like robots were swarming out of many different crevices, covering everything they make contact with, destroying metal and electrocuting everything else, and have left anything that does have any electrical charge manipulated like puppets. Marine and Shadow have multiple copies of these things on their faces, forcing them to attack Tails.

Tails had to escape somewhere. He leaped into the air, flying over the horrifying robotic pests, and attempts to identify the electromagnetic wavelength that those crawling buggers communicate with.

In the mean time Tails attempts to radio over to G.U.N. to combat this new threat...

preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector August 28th 2014, 2:32 am

Suddenly, he realizes that he has left his artificial Chaos Emeralds in a nearby sector. He has to take a risk and advance towards those robots, or they would be able to access the artificial Chaos Emeralds and do who knows what with them. Even if there were Chao nearby that sector they wouldn't do much against the swarm.

What is Tails to do?

Thinking that he would be able to deactivate the robots, Tails decided to move towards the machinery that he designed just for this situation. As he was just about to grab it, the robots started to crawl out of small cracks within the wall behind his equipment, coming close to rendering it useless.

Suddenly, Big the Cat walked inside the building. Tails tried to warn him of what he is facing, but Big remained completely unaffected by the robots. Suddenly, he started to interact with Tails's machinery.

Tails has become upset and extremely stressed out about what Big was doing. He feared that Big would end up doing something that would end up with Big, or more importantly, Tails to be injured and/or killed.

Then, something unexpected happenned. All of the small insect-like robots have shorted out and disassembled themselves. Marine and Shadow have been saved from those machines, and Big was able to destroy any of the infectious bots that were still moving.

Big has a lot of explaining to do. Tails thought about questioning him first, but the more important subject at hand was how did those robots get into the building?
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector September 27th 2014, 4:02 am

Tails started to question Shadow and Marine. First, he questioned Shadow the Hedgehog about what happened there...

Tails: "Shadow, how did we have all of these little pests enter this secure facility?"
    Shadow: "I don't know. One time I just went to quench my thirst, not that I was thirsty
    but drinking water and pi-"
    Tails: "Get to the facts."
    Shadow: "Right. After that I saw suspicious lights and fired at them. Then everything went black and..."

Tails notices a coffee machine with hot coffee dripping out of the pot.

Tails: (Oh no, Marine drank coffee again...)

Marine walks over to what appears to be the wreckage of a large car, or possibly a tank.

Marine: "Well I'll be stuffed! Those buggers ruined my bloddy comby! It was just ripper before and now..."
    Shadow: "What in high-"
    Tails: "Stop aggravating her. Marine, tell us what happened."

Marine: "I was working on the carbie for the rascal's engine when I had gotten some kind of reading saying that I don't have enough juice to fix it."

Shadow walks out of the room to get weapons to defend himself against future intruders.

Marine: "I was just working on the coaming on the dungbie because the test firing for the monkeys that I-"
    Tails: "Marine, can you at least use formal terms?"

Marine: "..."

Marine: "Okay then... I was fixing the covering for the back of the truck because that I test-fired some weapons for it, and the covering melted for some reason. I decided to use a much more heat resistant material to support the structure, but I lacked the juice needed to mend the alloys that I was using-"
    Shadow: Why didn't you just use Prower Enterprises Anti-Heat Foam and some of the old material?!"
    Marine: "I didn't think of it. I don't have an I.Q. of Robotnik or our dingo over here-"
    Tails: "That offends me. How did you solve this problem?"
    Marine: "I used that battery over there-"

Marine points to a dislodged cylinder that was close to a complex machine.

Tails: "So that is how those robots got in. The forcefield lost it's power source,
    which I indicated on the battery that it clearly shouldn't be touched-"
    Shadow: "So Marine was clearly responsible for all of this?!"

Tails is about to regret what he is about to say...

Tails: "Yes."

Shadow: "You little PEST! Once I am through with you I would have ripped you limb from limb---"
    Marine: "Augh!"

Shadow is chasing Marine, throwing wrenches, equipment, supplies, and other miscellaneous crap all over the place...

Shadow: "Have your legs shoved down your suckhole---"

Marine trips over herself, breaks through a steel door, and fell over her face.

Shadow: "And I would have the entirety of your body shoved up an extraterrestrial's intestines!"

Shadow was cracking his knuckles by the time Tails said...

Tails: "ENOUGH! I was recording the entire conversation that was coming from your mouths, and this has taken a disturbing turn for the worse! Thank goodness I had been remaining in contact with my assistant or Shadow would have creamed Marine over one of her miscalculations!"
    Shadow: "What did you just do?!"
    Tails: "Do you really think that I could have figured out the best thing to say to the two of your irrational brains without at least some help? Especially in Marine's case!?"
    Shadow: "So much for an I.Q. of 300..."
    Tails: "I don't give a care! I am NOT omnipotent!"

Tails recorded the conversation that has occurred as soon as it started when Marine and Shadow were freed so that he can put the dialogue through further review; he realized that he wouldn't be able to translate Marine's slang using his abilities alone, and his social skills may cause aggravation, therefore he needed that connection to ensure that this day wouldn't turn into a complete disaster. He would upload the slang-loaded stuff onto his company's network in the Digital Circuit Zone of the Guardian Unit of Nations' infrastructure, with a secure connection. He would also have his social-skills-savvy assistant analyze it upon upload in order to find out what Marine was saying on the spot, and what to say to Shadow if the need arises.

Big attempts to walk out of the room at this point...

Tails notices and tries to stop him.

Tails: "Big, where are you going now?"
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector January 20th 2015, 1:16 pm

Big: "Uhh... I was going to go fishing at the lake, wasn't I?"
    Tails: "Oh no, you are not going anywhere."
    Shadow: "Resistance to a swarm of machines able to take down an individual made for being difficult to neutralize isn't a crime, but it comes off as extremely fishy."
    Tails: "We need answers to how you were able to do that."
    Big: "Wait, didn't I help you with the... with the..."
    Shadow (nervously): "I think that it was with fishing. Yeah! Fishing! Right guys?"
    Big: "Oh I remember now! With those... those mean bugs, didn't I help you with that?"
    Tails: "Yes..."
    Big: "Why you want to bug me if I helped you out with a problem? I just wanted to fish in your lake and came here for your permission."
    Marine: "Stuffed, I'll be. That is deadset. He's been bottling his blood's worth, so why do we have to be mad as a cut snake at him?"
    Shadow: "Tails, if you can call up your assistant..."
    Tails: "Done."
    Assistant: "She is basically agreeing with Big in that he didn't want to be involved in this, and should really be left alone."
    Shadow: "Well we still need to figure out why Big was able to outmatch that swarm."
    Big: "What do I get from it?"
    Tails: "Well the main problem here is that at the current moment we do not have much to provide. We would have given you permission to fish by default, so what should we give this guy in order to get him-"
    Shadow: "Well if you got all that from your assistant, then I wouldn't be surprised."
    Tails: "No, I-"

Tails looks at his feet. He shows clear signs that his self-confidence is damaged.

Tails's radio turned on.

Radio: "This is unit epsilon-omega-five! We have entered your stronghold from the eighth basement level! We are encountering damaged hardware as we speak!"
    Shadow: "Is that Ray?"
    Radio: "We need some assistance in-"

The radio faced interference.

Shadow: "For crying out loud! Tails, if you could, fix the forcefield generator quickly while I get Ray out of that mess! Marine, can you get Big to the surface?"
    Tails: "I could do that."
    Marine: "Wait! What happens if-"
    Shadow: "Don't care! I don't want to lose someone on me like 50 years ago!"

Tails goes to the forcefield generator and tries to fix it. Meanwhile...

Marine: "So what happened over there? How did you get those buggers to cark it? I know you don't want to big-note yourself..."
    Big: "Can you not tell anyone?"
    Marine: "No worries!"
    Big: "I have this weird thing that I have been carrying along. Helps me figure out how to use fancy devices I know nothing about. I also have been trying to play dumb for at least 10 years now."
    Marine: "So you have been playing kangaroos loose in the top paddock for a decade?"
    Big: "Yes. I had to in order to avoid Dr. Robotnik's scrutiny. After my first run-in with him, I had to fake a really hard concussion in order to get Robotnik to fall for my trick. When I got hit in the head however, some details have been muddled out."
    Marine: "Hooley dooley!"
    Big: "I wanted to live a peaceful life. Have you ever wondered what it is like to have something and get it taken away from you? I don't want that for me."

Marine and Big reach the surface, only to find that there is a person with a radio, obviously not of G.U.N. origin.

Marine: "Strewth!"
    Big: "Looks like we can't go fishing today..."

Tails has finished fixing the generator.

Tails: "Here goes nothing. All systems go!"

Power returned to the entire laboratory, but there is a blinking red light in the control panel, out of view from Tails.

Tails: "I should assess the damage. [Tails talks into his radio] Shadow! How is the control room?!"
    Shadow: "It is undamaged, but there is a ton of debris in the way."
    Tails: "Is there any way to get in?"
    Shadow: "Not with my abilities. You however can fly... And there is this ramp over he-"

A crashing sound was heard.

Shadow: "Curses! Hurry to the control room Tails!"
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector February 22nd 2015, 11:03 pm

Tails tries to get to Shadow, who obviously needed some help out of that situation. Meanwhile, Marine and Big are assessing what to do with the intruder on the surface.

Marine: "What should we do?"
    Big: "I dunno. We can't just go out charging at him because we don't know what he can do."
    Marine: "Well, he has a rip-snorter aerosol can that can send us to the mists of Davy Jones' Locker..."
    Big: "I don't get it."
    Marine: "He has a chemical sprayer. A really gnarly smelling one at that..."
    Big: "Uh... What if-"
    Marine: "-It is a barbie torch? Buckley's chance."
    Big: "Aw brother..."

As they were speaking to one another, the person they were spying on was able to pick up their conversation...

----

Tails is now rushing to the control room. He reached a long, narrow sewer corridor that was due for maintenance, but when he reached it he saw that the steel bridge was blasted out.

He decided that he would have to get through via the metal pipe that was carrying out sewage to the treatment plant for preparation to safely return to the island's water cycle. Right now, the water is clean because that there has not been much experimentation in fluid dynamics, so most of the water usage came from the Chao garden inside Tails' bunker.

The radio started to get some reception again.

Radio:

"If you guys are still there we have been smashed by a bomb that was installed on one of our trains. We don't know who exactly was responsible for this but I can give a good guess it was the same guys that you wanted to contact us about. Shadow, how bad are your injuries?"

Shadow: "Not too bad I guess... I would be able to crawl out of here soon enough, but right now I am completely immobilized."

"As I have thought. I am trying to assess the casualties right now and-"

The radio dies right afterwards. Tails tries to figure out what went wrong with the radio and realized that the water he was in has caused a short. Tails discards the batteries as they have become worthless in the pipeline.

Tails knows that those batteries are not likely to contaminate the water as the treatment plant is able to filter out the battery's contents, and the batteries themselves are biodegradable. Suddenly, however, Tails spots a bomb in front of him.

Tails: (Oh for crying out loud... Is it armed? I can't really see from here-)

Suddenly, a huge wave of water appeared in front of Tails. Wasting no time, he moved to an adjacent pipe, which came from their dormant liquid dynamics and nanotechnology lab.

Tails wasted no time to get into that lab as the wave of water threatened to sweep him back into the pool outside. Here, he sees that this lab was generally destroyed. His nuclear fusion generator was totaled, and because it went supercritical it has blasted everything around it to sterile dust, the graviton microscopes, the particle accelerators, the pipes for gyrojet ballistic testing, everything, was destroyed thanks to that generator losing control and exploding.

Thankfully, the generator did not leave any nuclear waste for Tails to take into account for cleanup, as fusion power is extremely unlikely to leave radioactive waste that would endanger anyone that would be difficult to clean up, and also because that the generator has a backup system that would have been able to contain the radioactive material quickly and efficiently.

Tails: (Oh man, I really don't like the looks of this. This is going to have drastic consequences after we deal with this explosive problem...)

Tails continues downstairs to the control room. Just as he reached the control room, he heard an explosion from downstairs. He went there immediately instead of checking on the control room...

Shadow: "About time you showed up! This mechanical behemoth has been proving to be incredibly difficult to take down. He just chewed through one of our soldiers, and we barely made a scra-"

The mecha almost crushed Shadow underneath his heel.

Tails: "What should I-"

The mecha spewed jets of flame and almost baked Tails.

Shadow: "I don't know, you are supposed to know all about these things, aren't you?"

The mechanical beast has raised his heavy machine gun to shred Tails and Shadow into thin pieces of Swiss cheese.

Ray: "Get down!"

----

Meanwhile, Big and Marine have decided that if they went downstairs the anthropomorphic in front of them would gas the entire place regardless of what they do.

Marine: "It would be good oil to bail up the scallywag before he, she, or whatever decides to spray this place like it was infested with mozzies!"
    Big: "Wait- where is that mean guy anyways?"

All of the sudden they see shadows of large mechanical beasts of robots appeared and overloomed Marine's and Big's shadows. Marine was quick to realize that they have been cornered...

Marine: "That'd be right... My hands are up, buggers."
    Big: "Huh? Why are you pointing guns at us?"
    Invader: "And don't even try resisting. I-"

Marine suddenly kicked the source of the sound in the face, and when her enemy was about to react she grabbed and wrenched her opponents gut until...

Invader: "AUGH! Bweh!"

Sounds of fluid rushing outside of his mouth overpowered every other noise he made. He threw off his mask, covered from the inside with dark liquid, and fell limp on the ground. Big the cat has crushed the other enemies with a choking hug, in which Marine proceeded to obliterate every enemy in his grasp.

Suddenly, the invader held up his industrial scale chemical sprayer, and sent a blast of fumes straight at Marine and Big. They both were driven back, and suddenly the invader threw a glass jar containing raw potassium, and the force of the explosion, not to mention the smell of the acid, the gas, and the potassium reacting with it all has scared Big and Marine back to the generator room.

Big: "Where is Tails?"
    Marine: "Buckley's chance I know."
    Big: "Maybe he went downstairs..."
    Marine: "Let's give that idea a fair go."

Soon, Marine and Big reached the sewer corridor. They found that the bridge that connected the upstairs and downstairs areas was destroyed. Big found the remains of it at the drainage pipe for the large pool in front of them.

Big: "I am going to fish around for evidence here. Literally..."
    Marine: "Sounds like a ripper idea. I wo-"
    Big: "I hit something! Marine! Come here!"

Big found the biodegradable battery attached to the remains of the bridge. Marine went to analyze it...

Marine: "The print is bloody bodgy to begin with, but I think it says "Prower Enterprises". Seems that was good oil there!"

Marine and Big have continued onwards, crossing the narrow expanse quickly in order to warn Tails and Shadow of what awaits them up top.

----

Meanwhile, the invading enemy needed to replenish his bodyguards. He called for reinforcements...

Invader: "What do you mean you can't send any more?"
    Robotnik HQ: "We cannot send any more reinforcements as they would be traced back to our company rather than Robotnik's regular fleet. You know what would happen to us? We would be shut down! Our employees would be exposed and incarcerated! Do you want that to happen to us?"
    Invader: "Well I am not planning to have a curb-stomp battle with a group of three people, of which the worst of the bunch was able to grab on my gut and turned my hazmat suit into a pile of bile and thin slime!"
    Robotnik HQ: "Regardless of being outnumbered, you still have an advantage. Set the place to blow immediately using those potassium containers you have. Then gas the entire place."
    Invader: "And what if they catch me unprepared before I finish the job? Alone? You know what happens to the lone wolf? The lone wolf dies!"
    Robotnik HQ: "Just do the job! Now! You have that stupid looking bear to keep you company if they find your sorry backside."

The invader has turned off his radio.

Invader: "Funniest part about it is that I saw the guy try teaching to a bunch of kids about fire safety. Those parents are still livid because of the crap he is teaching those kids. Surprised he wasn't roboticized yet."

----

Big has gotten ahead of Marine, acting as point man, ensuring that if they get caught unprepared the person most difficult to take down would be able to take the brunt of it.

Big: "Taiils... Where are you???"
    Marine: "I really hope he is within cooee... Tails?!"

Suddenly, the bomb that Tails had to leave behind suddenly exploded and sent rubble crashing all over Big!

Big: "Oof!"
    Marine: "You all right, mate?"
    Big: "I am okie-dokie. Just can't feel my feet..."
    Marine: "She'll be apples, I'll just rig this piece of junk off you and-"

Another explosion has knocked Marine sprawling all over the floor, and knocked out right in front of Big. Big sees another charge in front of him ready to go off in thirty seconds.

Big: (This is not good at all... I need to get at that bomb before it blows... I think I could reach it...)

Big gets out his fishing line to grapple the explosive, and with a swing of the pole, he grabs the charge and reels it in. When he just about had the bomb right in front of him, he feels the rubble crumble down on his body even more, and realizes that his arms are stuck!

Big: (Oh no... no, no, no! This is bad, I can't move my arms! And right when that bomb is literally under my nose! Oh, man, this is not going to turn out well for any of us-)

Five seconds after Big had his arms crushed, Marine started to awaken.

Marine: "I feel so stuffed... That doovalackey seems to be causing trouble, isn't it?"

Marine opened up the explosive device and dismantled it in less than a second: by opening it up and ripping out the entirety of the circuits and wiring, and throwing the explosive compound into the hallway behind her.

Big: "Why didn't it blow up?"
    Marine: "Tails told me that those thingos need some kind of charge to go off other than electricity. Usually they are the only pieces of wiring attached to the actual dovalackey that can blow us down."
    Big: "I mean- oh look, pretty fireworks."

Marine looked in her hands. The remains of the explosive box have started to spark and fizzle. Suddenly a spark and a bunch of smoke risen out of the piece of garbage, and it caught on fire in Marine's hands.

Marine: "Blimey!"

Marine threw the box into one of the pipes overhead. The grate over the pipe broke apart, sending a wave of water down upon her, and aggravated the bomb's electrical fire into an explosive inferno of electrical discharges and heat.

When the fire subsided, Marine was found to be completely dry!

Marine: "Let's get your landlubber weight out of that mess."

Marine wiggled her fingers down between the nooks and crannies of the destroyed remains of the ceiling, breaking apart the entirety of the rubble until she grabbed, hard, onto a piece of rebar and flung a large amount of debris out behind her. She then pulled Big out of the heap of material that crushed him.

Big: "Thank you! And what abou-"

Marine suddenly sent a wave of water at the scrap heap that blocked their way. The rubble was washed down to what remained of Tails' quantum and fluid dynamics lab. It was destroyed before Marine sent the waves of water and debris over to that area, but they don't know that, do they?

Marine: "Strewth! If Tails sees this, we'll be rooted!"
    Big: "I dunno... I smell something stinky..."
    Marine: "Yeah, I smell it too."
    Big: "What's this funny black stuff?"
    Marine: "Hmm... looks like this place was left inside a barbie. I know I wouldn't have-"
    Big: "How did you control water like that?"
    Marine: "Why should we care right now? I don't think I actually made all this happen- I mean look at those bloody scorch marks! I don't think I would be able to do that, even if I caused an electrical fire!"
    Big: "I don't think I heard any sparks..."
    Marine: "I really liked this lab, I had a pretty ripper time here, experimenting with string theory and fluid dynamics doolavackeys and other theories I learned from Tails."
    Big: "I guess this was very sad for-"
    Marine: "I would have liked to have a little bit more than just that, though. I wanted to explore the world around me in addition to learning of these corker concepts and ideas. Maybe after this I would be able to travel more often, but I would always remember that it cost big bikkies for that."
    Big: "Why don't you rebuild?"
    Marine: "I think it would take more time than I can imagine. Too bad, I actually wanted to come back home..."
    Big: "Why don't you come back now?"
    Marine: "I just can't explain it to you. It makes me feel rather crook."
    Big: "Well I think that we don't have much-"
    Marine: "Yeah, yeah. That'd be right. Come on, let's make sure our friends don't cark it in this sad place."

Marine and Big hurry off downstairs, when they hear screaming, gunfire, and explosions.

Marine: "Fair suck of the sav! What kind of lurk are we diving into?"
    Big: "I don't know- Woah!"

The control room window is busted. Marine and Big ran straight over there to see what is going on. No doubt, Tails, Ray, Shadow, and some G.U.N. soldiers are fighting a large mechanized monstrosity.

Marine: "Away from my mateys, you son of a biscuit eater!

Big jumped right in to the field as he was trying to shield Marine from getting herself killed. Marine however started to jet hydrokinetic spears straight at the exoskeleton.

Shadow: "Well, at least she isn't entirely useless. Tails, how are you going over there? You hit or what?"

Tails was lagging behind from exhaustion. Shadow strafed underneath the machine, firing his guns at the exoskeleton's joints. Ray was using his ability to get to higher ground to enable him to get a good view of his surroundings. He suddenly noticed the machine's wiring is exposed. He told his team to blast that joint out, but as he gave the order, the mecha turned and sent a blast of flame and a load of missiles straight towards them, knocking them all to the ground.

It was until Marine saw the joints herself that she started to jet a steady blast of water to that joint. When she did, the massive hunk of metal shorted out, and massive swarms of buzzbomber units flew out, covering the entire area. They tracked the enemies by their pulses, and dropped loads of C4 all over them, and their blasting was only interrupted by Marine and Tails hacking and shorting out the swarm. This gave the mecha more than enough time to right itself.

Ray: "The machine! It is weakened! Tails, try to-"

When Tails was about to recieve the last bit of his words, the mecha once again tried to bake Tails, and he flew up in order to avoid the blast of flame.

Tails: (What do I do? I know I can't just blast out the machine just like that, he would end up baking me again or using that-)

Tails's train of thought was interrupted by a spray of bullets from the behemoth's machine guns.

Tails: (Woah! I have to find a weak spot, something that would make sure I don't get killed by this, this-)
    Ray: "Finish him off, you fool!"

Tails was about to fire a missile that is targeted to the cockpit of the mecha, but figured that he would be exhausted from firing after twenty seconds of airtime, and worried that he may snap his neck. So, he went and landed for a period of time and tried to blast out the machine from there. Only that to his disappointment, the machine shot a large explosion of fire and obliterated the missile before it could even reach the target. By now Tails was coughing in the massive amounts of smoke that was created from the machine's weapons.

In spite of himself, he flew up again and tried taking out the machine from the air, and was about to send a missile headed for a beeline towards dislodging the cockpit, when suddenly he was met with a spray of blackened, nauseating smoke. The whole room was filled with suffocating ash and carbon monoxide, and Tails responded by getting the fans in the place started, worrying before that they may blow up the place if used. To his surprise, they didn't. Instead, what left of the machine was an empty cockpit, with no evidence of the pilot anywhere but with the exception of large, blackened shoeprints.

Ray was livid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content