The ancient lands.

2 posters

Why the Steam Machine is destined to fail.

Pooka
    Pooka

Why the Steam Machine is destined to fail. Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep1

Why the Steam Machine is destined to fail. Empty Why the Steam Machine is destined to fail.

Post by Pooka August 26th 2014, 6:40 pm

Imagine yourself, the PC player, is a man with the highest rank in the army, and your games are your soldiers, and you don't need a president to tell you orders because you're the president. Suddenly you sent out an edict to execute 95% of all of your trained soldiers and send ages of hard work and money to nothingness.

That's what Steam OS and Steam Machine is en shorte.
    Sir Sushius
    Sir Sushius

Why the Steam Machine is destined to fail. WFmvl

Rep0

Why the Steam Machine is destined to fail. Empty Re: Why the Steam Machine is destined to fail.

Post by Sir Sushius August 27th 2014, 4:09 pm

I don't think it's really meant for people who are already PC gamers, more so for competing against Sony and Microsoft, and for people who want to get into PC gaming but can't be bothered with building themselves a gaming PC.
    Pooka
    Pooka

Why the Steam Machine is destined to fail. Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep1

Why the Steam Machine is destined to fail. Empty Re: Why the Steam Machine is destined to fail.

Post by Pooka August 27th 2014, 6:05 pm

Sir Sushius wrote:I don't think it's really meant for people who are already PC gamers, more so for competing against Sony and Microsoft, and for people who want to get into PC gaming but can't be bothered with building themselves a gaming PC.

One of their Steam Machine models is simply a dual core device. We are already entering an age where quad cores will be the dual cores of today and the octa cores will be the quad cores of today, so how this machine proves that Steam Machine as a whole is a lazy way out for new PC gamers to join, I will never know.

By the way, PC gamers who can't be bothered to built themselves a gaming PC can buy a much better gaming PC anyways from other companies with Windows pre-installed to have a full library of PC games, than ditch like 95% of your library on a penguin for geeks. Steam Machine is like a low bad tier of this option and tries to shove itself where the PC gaming doesn't belong to. What I know is, if you can't be bothered to build a gaming PC, then you simply buy a console.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content