Zenith
The Freedom Fighter
Zez
12 posters

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2

Zez
    Zez

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 VOZLn

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Blackr10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalw11[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Zigzag10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Empty [Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2

Post by Zez June 2nd 2009, 2:02 pm

I asked the person who reviewed our site the first time to review it once more with the changes in place. He kindly agreed.

Michael Valentine wrote:First Impressions

Activity (Score: 5/5): Every topic I read has posts in it from either today or yesterday. AKA, brilliant activity, doing great. Nothing need be said here,
    Template (Score: 5/5): It's easy to tell that it is in fact a sonic community. Ta ha, the site name and banner says it all. It's a perfect template for a sonic community.
    First Impressions total: 10/10

Site Layout

Organization (Score: 9.5/10): You've got everything organized excellently. Nothing defies the purpose, and there are no "useless" forums. A few things could be arranged a LITTLE bit differently. But 9.5 either way.
    Index Length/Number of Forums (Score: 10/10): I don't think your indec length could be any better. Even though I think you should have a few more Sonic Forums, as it is a sonic community, but isn't trully focused on Sonic. However, I won't take points off for that. Excellent
    Layout total: 19.5/20

Style

Template Layout/Color Scheme (Score: 8/10): I think it is a perfect layout and color scheme for a sonic community. The tiles are a bit annoying to the eyes, but other than that, great work...once again....
    Logo/Images (Score: 10/10): All your images are perfectly suited for Sonic Community, chaos emeralds, and the banner. Especially the banner. Once again, excellent.
    Style total: 18/20

Site moderation

Number of Staff (Score: 4.5/5): I will say that you are SLIGHTLY over-staffed. But only slightly.
    Staff Activity (Score: 5/5): All your staff look to be really active and great in the forums. Excellent.
    Staff Professionalism (Score: 5/5): Your staff is doing their job well. And that's all you need for five points.
    Moderation total: 14.5/15

Site activity

Posts Per Day (Score: 20/20): It is clearly evident that you get posts everyday, and you have a total of 32036 posts. Very fine.
    Number of Members (Score: 8/10): You could be better with how long your forum has existed, however, you have sealed a good community with 222 members thus far. So once again, I will say, excellent.
    Post/Member Ratio (Score: 5/5): I went through your members list, I only browsed a few pages, but there wasn't a single person within those pages that had a post count of 0. 5/5 for this score.
    Activity total: 33/35

Overall mark: 95/100

What could be done to improve the site: I highly doubt that there is much advice that I can offer. You have sealed the deal with keeping an active community for yourself, and everything there fits perfectly. The only thing I can really say I didn't like too much was the tiles, but even they were to my likings and had the Sonic grace about them.

What is the best thing you liked about the site: Just about everything.

The last score he gave us was: 70 C

Now our score is: 95 A

Last edited by Zezima on May 26th 2010, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 ZtZYh

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Blackr10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalw11[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Zigzag10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 White10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 2nio02t

Rep76

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Empty Re: [Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 2:19 pm

Good of course.

To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    Zenith
    Zenith

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 WFmvl

Rep0

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Empty Re: [Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2

Post by Zenith June 2nd 2009, 2:21 pm

An 95 is awesome.
    Pianta
    Pianta

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Imagee10

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalw11[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalg10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 White10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13

: Female
     Rep21

Post by Pianta June 2nd 2009, 2:23 pm

Awesome. That's good to hear.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix June 2nd 2009, 2:40 pm

Who did you ask to do the review?
    Zez
    Zez

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Blackr10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalw11[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Zigzag10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 2nd 2009, 2:41 pm

SupaSEGA wrote:Who did you ask to do the review?

So I can see from a 3rd party perspective, an unbiased opinion of how my site is, and how to improve on it.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 ZtZYh

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Blackr10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalw11[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Zigzag10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 White10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 2:50 pm

Zezima wrote:

So I can see from a 3rd party perspective, an unbiased opinion of how my site is, and how to improve on it.
    Who, not why.

To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 2nd 2009, 2:52 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Zezima wrote:

Who, not why.

To self: :Facepalm:

I did it again. Urgh.

It's someone who does Forum Reviews.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix June 2nd 2009, 2:55 pm

Ha, obviously. Care to spill the beans? He gave a good rating, it's not like we're gonig to attack him.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 2nd 2009, 3:03 pm

SupaSEGA wrote:Ha, obviously. Care to spill the beans? He gave a good rating, it's not like we're gonig to attack him.

'Tis a secret. :Oh No:

Naw, but he's an Admin at a site. I don't feel like disclosing valuable information about in public.

<.<

>.>
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 GOMM8

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 White10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Ringtails June 2nd 2009, 11:51 pm

I wish my grades were this good...

Anyway, congratz Zezzy and all. Your baby got straight A's.
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon June 3rd 2009, 12:07 am

Alright. I have never heard of these forum reviews before.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix June 3rd 2009, 12:35 am

A forum username is valuable information?

I haven't heard of anyone who reviews forums before either, that's partially why I was curious.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Blackr10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 2nio02t

Rep3

Post by Light Dash June 3rd 2009, 1:06 am

We really improved.
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalw11[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 White10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 June 3rd 2009, 2:12 am

Wow were awesome. 95/100 Sweet. coolguy
    codeorange

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalg10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 White10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange June 3rd 2009, 3:59 am

I'm not lying when I say this, Zez. I think our boards are one of the best Sonic fan forums going out of them ALL. Not just forumotion. I mean out of every Sonic fan forum out there, we seem to be one of the most charismatic in what we do. We're establishing a great presence here, and all we have to do is to keep that ball rolling.

Congratulations to all of us. We're a team, and without us none of this would've been possible.

:For The Win:
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 56qtD

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalw11[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 3rd 2009, 5:21 am

Whoo, awesome. This site is probably the most active sonic forums I visit now, even though I still wish I could found people in the chatbox easier...

My Gamertag is Spec Racer Z and my name is Zack.

Chatbox Quote
    [13:33:49]  Super Racer Z : Guys, we're talking about Sonic on a Sonic forum. What madness is this?
    [13:34:15]  sykog : I know, this usually never happens in the Piantabox
    [13:34:28]  sykog : Alert the authorities!
    [13:34:42]  Super Racer Z : We are the authorities.
    [13:35:19]  sykog : Oh yeah
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalw11[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 White10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 June 3rd 2009, 5:30 am

codeorange wrote:I'm not lying when I say this, Zez. I think our boards are one of the best Sonic fan forums going out of them ALL. Not just forumotion. I mean out of every Sonic fan forum out there, we seem to be one of the most charismatic in what we do. We're establishing a great presence here, and all we have to do is to keep that ball rolling.

Congratulations to all of us. We're a team, and without us none of this would've been possible.

:For The Win:
    Indeed. :D
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 June 3rd 2009, 5:30 am

Super Racer Z wrote:Whoo, awesome. This site is probably the most active sonic forums I visit now, even though I still wish I could found people in the chatbox easier...
    You love the chatbox don't you?
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 56qtD

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalw11[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 3rd 2009, 5:34 am

SonicFan 1 wrote:
    Super Racer Z wrote:Whoo, awesome. This site is probably the most active sonic forums I visit now, even though I still wish I could found people in the chatbox easier...

Yes, I do. In the chat box, you get a much more instantaneous reply to your posts, plus you can play around a little more in the CB. Forum is nice too, I just like getting replied to in real time.

My Gamertag is Spec Racer Z and my name is Zack.

Chatbox Quote
    [13:33:49]  Super Racer Z : Guys, we're talking about Sonic on a Sonic forum. What madness is this?
    [13:34:15]  sykog : I know, this usually never happens in the Piantabox
    [13:34:28]  sykog : Alert the authorities!
    [13:34:42]  Super Racer Z : We are the authorities.
    [13:35:19]  sykog : Oh yeah
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 June 3rd 2009, 5:37 am

Super Racer Z wrote:
    SonicFan 1 wrote:

Yes, I do. In the chat box, you get a much more instantaneous reply to your posts, plus you can play around a little more in the CB. Forum is nice too, I just like getting replied to in real time.
    I see.
    sykog
    sykog

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Imagee10

[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Blackr10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalw11[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medalg10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Zigzag10[Announcement] TSC 3rd Party Review 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog June 4th 2009, 7:16 pm

wow, I'm surprised@_@ That's excellent!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content