Zez
Ringtails
Erazor
10 posters

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates

Erazor
    Erazor

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Imagee10

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Blackr10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalg10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates White10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

: Male
     Rep22

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Empty [Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates

Post by Erazor June 25th 2009, 1:03 am

I hate to be a buzz kill but the simulated shine on the banner is less than attractive. And, as for the affilliates, you spelled "Hideout" wrong.
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates GOMM8

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates White10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

Rep24

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Empty Re: [Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates

Post by Ringtails June 25th 2009, 2:35 am

Reflection is gross. It's as if the banner was vomiting after looking at the mirror.
    Zez
    Zez

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates VOZLn

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Blackr10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Zigzag10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

Rep24

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Empty Re: [Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates

Post by Zez June 25th 2009, 2:38 am

Help is on the way. I should be getting an improved version of it.
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates White10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 June 25th 2009, 3:19 am

I kinda like the reflection.
    Zez
    Zez

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Blackr10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Zigzag10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 25th 2009, 3:21 am

SonicFan 1 wrote:I kinda like the reflection.

So does Hyper. Me, too. It's still an improvement on the previous banner. Somewhat. I didn't expect so much negative responses, but the publich hath spoken. So, I should get Kraken.
    Sunset
    Sunset

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep2

Post by Sunset June 25th 2009, 3:22 am

I like the reflection, the shine's ok...
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates GOMM8

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates White10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

Rep24

Post by Ringtails June 25th 2009, 3:31 am

The reflection is just so... so... out of place.

Like, this isn't an Apple fansite. It's a Sonic one (wait, is it?). Reflection is like water and Sonic hates water or something. I dunno.

But just from an artistic standpoint, that reflection... makes zero sense. Like, is the banner on a platform above the actual forum? Like, after the reflection is empty space, then all of a sudden everything goes back to being flat?

You have only the banner look glossy. But all the nav buttons are still plain. Considering that they're adjacent to each other, that makes for a really strange contrast.

What I'm trying to say is that it's out of place. It looks to me like a banner that's just trying to show off some image effects, taking individual aesthetics over compatibility. With the reflection and shine, against the dark black/blue theme of the rest, there's no... synergy.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 25th 2009, 3:31 am

Hey guys, is this any better?:

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates 2v12c92
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates White10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 June 25th 2009, 3:44 am

Ringtails wrote:The reflection is just so... so... out of place.

Like, this isn't an Apple fansite. It's a Sonic one (wait, is it?). Reflection is like water and Sonic hates water or something. I dunno.

But just from an artistic standpoint, that reflection... makes zero sense. Like, is the banner on a platform above the actual forum? Like, after the reflection is empty space, then all of a sudden everything goes back to being flat?

You have only the banner look glossy. But all the nav buttons are still plain. Considering that they're adjacent to each other, that makes for a really strange contrast.

What I'm trying to say is that it's out of place. It looks to me like a banner that's just trying to show off some image effects, taking individual aesthetics over compatibility. With the reflection and shine, against the dark black/blue theme of the rest, there's no... synergy.
    But it looks cool. It actually looks like the banner is standing up because of the reflection.
    SonicFan 1
    SonicFan 1

Rep3

Post by SonicFan 1 June 25th 2009, 3:45 am

Zezima wrote:Hey guys, is this any better?:

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates 2v12c92
    No. I prefer the one we currently have.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 25th 2009, 3:46 am

Nav Bar Buttons are actually underway. :Neutralness:

In fact, if I'll get my lazy butt to working, I'll get the image files hosted and post them here.
    Erazor
    Erazor

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Blackr10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalg10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates White10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor June 25th 2009, 3:48 am

I have no problem with the reflection on the bottom. It gives the place a very slick feel. It's that light reflection on the top. It looks incredibly fake.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 25th 2009, 3:53 am

I never had a problem with the reflection. The shine just; X_X"

Plus, Erazor did you see my post about the different banner?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates ZtZYh

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Blackr10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Zigzag10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates White10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 25th 2009, 11:49 am

Omnihush is right in that it doesn't make much sense, but it is kinda nice. However, the shine doesn't. Why would the light be shining on the Dark members?
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates 56qtD

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 25th 2009, 1:39 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Omnihush is right in that it doesn't make much sense, but it is kinda nice. However, the shine doesn't. Why would the light be shining on the Dark members?

Exactly. I also find it funny that metal sonic has shine on his head, then has shine on his shine and body.

I say, keep the reflection, get rid of that shine.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor June 25th 2009, 2:19 pm

Zezima wrote:I never had a problem with the reflection. The shine just; X_X"

Plus, Erazor did you see my post about the different banner?
    Yes. I was simply clarifying that I didn't have a problem with the lower reflection.
    sykog
    sykog

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Blackr10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalg10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Zigzag10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog June 26th 2009, 1:13 am

The reflection is fine, but he shine needs to go, completely.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 26th 2009, 6:13 am

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates SonicRequestNObg

.png form ^

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates SonicRequestBlackBG

Black BG ^
    sykog
    sykog

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Blackr10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalg10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Zigzag10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog June 26th 2009, 11:11 am

no, that's even worse. Much worse, it's just a box.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Blackr10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medalw11[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Zigzag10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates White10[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates Medal13[Suggestion] Banner and Affilliates 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 26th 2009, 11:30 am

Assuming you really do want the shine, there are a few option you could try. For one, you could put the shine around just the logo, making The Sonic Community act as a beakon for all to come to it. Another is to have it be the light source, and thus shine on all sides. Yet another is have a shine come from the right and reflect on the heroes, and a shadow thus encompass the dark ones.
    Or you could stick with the original.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog June 26th 2009, 1:41 pm

Is that any better?
    Shadow Dude 64
    Shadow Dude 64

Rep3

Post by Shadow Dude 64 June 26th 2009, 1:43 pm

Two words MY EYES!!!!
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog June 26th 2009, 1:44 pm

Shadow Dude 64 wrote:Two words MY EYES!!!!
    ok, I'll deharshen the brightness.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 26th 2009, 1:47 pm

It's upside down anyway.
    Shadow Dude 64
    Shadow Dude 64

Rep3

Post by Shadow Dude 64 June 26th 2009, 1:47 pm

Thank you is just that light colours burn my Eyes... I like the dark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content