SonicFreak!
8 posters

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material

SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material WFmvl

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Blackr10

Rep0

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Empty Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material

Post by SonicFreak! September 23rd 2010, 1:34 pm

Please do not get frustrated with me or think I am anti Sonic Community, but I would like to make a point and suggestion.

Out of all Sonic Forums, I seen this one advertised the most. Zezima had been a true hard worker on the success of this forum and it is indeed the largest Sonic forum. I see it advertised and bragged across the net, especially at Sega Forums.

BUT, this is all misleading and it is not a great Sonic forum.
    Just look at the Sonic Forum. Only 3 dedicated forums for Sonic the Hedgehog...
    There's not even much room for anymore Sonic forums.

Sure you have the generic forums, but the rest are mixed with off topic material like Sony and Microsoft and various non related Sonic material. Off topic forum is more active than the Sonic forums itself. Quality within Sonic himself lacks in this forum.

Also, I do not like how much this is member based. It's all about mods and all about Zezima here. What about Sonic? What about Sega? What about all the other characters in the Sonic universe? Contests here is all about forum popularity and nothing involving with some type of Sonic fan material or talent. When you expect to sign up for a Sonic forum, you expect Sonic material.

Yes, I know life isn't about Sonic, but hence the name, Sonic Community.

But the biggest thing that got me a bit upset is how much Zezima and everyone else who advertise brag and make it seem like this is the greatest Sonic forum of all time on forumotion. It's honestly not.
    I think the reason why I became inactive is the lack of interest and also respect.
    Some members been rude to me or thought me speaking my mind like this was offensive, but I really do make a point.

So ok, SF you complained and made your point, what do you want us to do?
    Sonic Community, needs to cut back the off topic and non sense forums and focus more on it's Sonic fan quality and material. Quit depending forum activity on off topic and spam. Keep strengthen the community with more Sonic activity and real contests.
    If you need help or suggestions, I'm the perfect one to help.

Again, please don't think I am bashing Sonic community, I am clearly stating this from my experience and my week of being active here again has not been good. I'm just stating the problems and suggesting solutions to make it better. If nothing works out and I tried to come with a compromise, then this forum may not be right for me.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Imagee10

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medalw11Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material White10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medal13

: Male
     Rep67

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Empty Re: Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material

Post by Jmh September 23rd 2010, 2:15 pm

Sometimes it's good to have variety.

If it was just about Sonic then this site would already be dead. I don't take offense to your statement. I'm only letting you know why this isn't all about Sonic, and you're right, maybe this site should be renamed to The Gaming Community.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medalg10

Rep9

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Empty Re: Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material

Post by karkooshy September 23rd 2010, 2:29 pm

You've given some great points and suggestions and you are partially right.
    However, I do believe you're exaggerating quite a bit xP
    For instance, I find nothing on TSC as to being "nonsense".
    There is no lack of sonic content (to an extent that thrashes the overall user experience), and I'm sure most of the stuff to be discussed already has been in the past (TSC is over 3 years old, I think).
    It certainly isn't boring around here :faic:

As a side point, I haven't seen a better forumotion sonic based forum yet. :)
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material VOZLn

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medalw11Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Zigzag10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material White10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern September 23rd 2010, 3:21 pm

I joined this forum back when I was a fanboy (which lasted a week...I think...maybe less...) anyway... If any forum is dedicated to one thing and ONLY ONE THING then when people get bored with one thing and move to another thing they don't have to go searching out a new forum.
    Shade
    Shade

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medalw11Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Zigzag10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade September 23rd 2010, 3:23 pm

You're right, OP. There needs to be more Sonic discussion within the forum. Perhaps new Sonic Fan members might help. There are two guys called KingMasterReview and Michaeldragon800 who would be good members of this forum, if and when they join.
    SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

Rep0

Post by SonicFreak! September 23rd 2010, 3:32 pm

Jmh wrote:Sometimes it's good to have variety.

If it was just about Sonic then this site would already be dead. I don't take offense to your statement. I'm only letting you know why this isn't all about Sonic, and you're right, maybe this site should be renamed to The Gaming Community.

Renaming it to The Gaming Community is better and appropriate. It's also understandable if it was titled this. There are many ways to have an active forum while keeping it in Sonic Content. I will explain later in my post.

karkooshy wrote:You've given some great points and suggestions and you are partially right.
    However, I do believe you're exaggerating quite a bit xP
    For instance, I find nothing on TSC as to being "nonsense".
    There is no lack of sonic content (to an extent that thrashes the overall user experience), and I'm sure most of the stuff to be discussed already has been in the past (TSC is over 3 years old, I think).
    It certainly isn't boring around here :faic:

As a side point, I haven't seen a better forumotion sonic based forum yet. :)

I will admit, probably through frustration, I exaggerated. I know this is a great forum, it's just not as appealing to the average Sonic gamer or genuine Sonic fans like me.
    I wouldn't be surprised if a topic was already discussed here. But returned back to what I was gonna say with Jmh's quote response,

You don't always have to be strictly be Sonic in a Sonic forum. I meant expanding in the "Universe" of Sonic. It all depends on the members that are inspired by Sonic (like me) and the leader him/herself.
    I don't like talking about people, that's not my think, but in this case, Zezima is not heavily influenced or enthusiastic about Sonic.

A good Sonic Forum leader spirit is what drive a forum in success and makes up for the quality of the forum.
    A lot more could be done, I can come with millions of reasons, but some ideas are too good, which is why I am designing my own forum. But that's besides the point.

But to make things simple, I would like people and Zezima himself to stop bragging and making it seem like it is a quality Sonic Forum. In my view, he seem a bit cocky when advertising Sonic Community in his older advertising topics. I even remembered how he joined my SonicFreak Forum 2 years ago and made his very first post as an advertisement, saying how much of a better forum Sonic community is.

I think it has to due with his member count which probably deal with his level of effort and attitude, but yeah. Just speaking my mind as legit and geniune Sonic Fan and my experiences in...
    -Being a Forum Master/Founder for 2 years.
    -Joining more than 13 Sonic Forums and being in various communities
    -My experiences and interaction with this forum previously and this past week.
    So it's obvious, I am not just speaking or saying BS, it's based of real experiences.

Plus I am a professional and working on a degree in web and graphic design. Having and being at a quality website and forum is what matters to me.
    Shade
    Shade

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medalw11Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Zigzag10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade September 23rd 2010, 4:45 pm

It all depends on the members that are inspired by Sonic (like me)

Which goes back to my point. Perhaps we could make this forum more related to Sonic if we invited certain people in. For instance, there are two people I've heard of (Michaeldragon800 and Guptill89) who would be invaluable in turning this forum's attention back to Sonic. I mean, they have videos on Sonic. I'm going to try contacting them to advertise TSC to them later. There's also a guy named Kingmasterreview, but I don't think he responded to my message requesting him to join here.
    SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

Rep0

Post by SonicFreak! September 23rd 2010, 4:51 pm

See I that's what happens if you just advertise a forum to just any place like Zezima did.
    Yes it got many members, but what are the odds of 800 members being all Sonic fans?

The ironic part is Zezima himself is not much of a Sonic fanatic either.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade September 23rd 2010, 4:57 pm

SonicFreak! wrote:See I that's what happens if you just advertise a forum to just any place like Zezima did.
    Yes it got many members, but what are the odds of 800 members being all Sonic fans?

The ironic part is Zezima himself is not much of a Sonic fanatic either.

Yes, but I'm advertising it to two specific guys. And these guys have youtube vids on Sonic. Hell, they even have people criticizing them for liking Sonic "too much". They are exactly the tonic we need to re-centre and revitalize our forum, with a greater focus on Sonic.

There's even a vid here someone did on them:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGynHjMO9RA

These guys are definitely bona-fide Sonic fans, take my word (and the video) for it.
    SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

Rep0

Post by SonicFreak! September 23rd 2010, 5:01 pm

They are cool!
    I make videos myself btw, but I give respects for their Sonic fan ego.
    But the forum should not be dependent on just these 2-3 people.
    It takes a whole forum effort within it's members.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medalw11Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material White10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh September 23rd 2010, 6:24 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:You're right, OP. There needs to be more Sonic discussion within the forum. Perhaps new Sonic Fan members might help. There are two guys called KingMasterReview and Michaeldragon800 who would be good members of this forum, if and when they join.
    Oh heck no.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material ZtZYh

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Blackr10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medalw11Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Zigzag10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material White10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medal13Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 23rd 2010, 8:57 pm

Well, there's two problems with your idea:
    1. Our forums cover all the major areas of the fandom
    2. Our forum members aren't interested enough to continuously participate.
    I tried multiple times to ignite the Sonic spark here that you find in forums like SOA, but the problem is you're forgetting one key part of this site; we're called The Sonic Community. Yes, we're not that Sonic related, and it's always a sad note to think of, but that's only half of what our site is about. We do the other half very well and our members obviously agree.
    If you can think of ways to expand our Sonic focus and get more members to talk about it, please suggest them. But regardless, this is a good forum filled with good people, and Zezima did a fine job bringing it to life.
    sykog
    sykog

Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Blackr10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medalw11Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medalg10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Zigzag10Problems with SC and expansions on Sonic material Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog September 23rd 2010, 9:26 pm

But people really don't lie just talking Sonic here.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade September 24th 2010, 9:20 am

SonicFreak! wrote:They are cool!

That's the beauty. They're not the only ones. We're talking at least double figures here. There are others I know who are as dedicated to Sonic.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxTearsOverRosezxX
    https://www.youtube.com/user/XxSonicaHeavenxX (this user will lead you to yet more Sonic hardcore fans).

There's an easy way to find them, though. Look at the Link below me:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BLACKbusterCritic#p/c/241F4275BE2549EF

Look for this user's category of videos "Sonic Brainfart". It features many hardcore Sonic Fans. All the people mentioned in those videos and who are defending the people mentioned in said videos are potential members of TSC. We're talking at least double figure numbers of members here. But, if I may say so, I think probably someone like Zezima should do the actual advertising, as he would probably have more success in advertising TSC than I would. Considering the amount of people he successfully advertised this forum to and the amount of people he has recruited, he might be more suitable for this task than I would.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh September 24th 2010, 12:34 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:
    SonicFreak! wrote:They are cool!

That's the beauty. They're not the only ones. We're talking at least double figures here. There are others I know who are as dedicated to Sonic.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XxTearsOverRosezxX
    https://www.youtube.com/user/XxSonicaHeavenxX (this user will lead you to yet more Sonic hardcore fans).

There's an easy way to find them, though. Look at the Link below me:

https://www.youtube.com/user/BLACKbusterCritic#p/c/241F4275BE2549EF

Look for this user's category of videos "Sonic Brainfart". It features many hardcore Sonic Fans. All the people mentioned in those videos and who are defending the people mentioned in said videos are potential members of TSC. We're talking at least double figure numbers of members here. But, if I may say so, I think probably someone like Zezima should do the actual advertising, as he would probably have more success in advertising TSC than I would. Considering the amount of people he successfully advertised this forum to and the amount of people he has recruited, he might be more suitable for this task than I would.
    What are you thinking SM? Didn't you watch BBC's videos on these people?
    SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

Rep0

Post by SonicFreak! September 25th 2010, 11:48 am

Hmm.
    I see.
    Well I can't say much because I don't have as much members here as SC, but all I got to say is that SC got a lot to do to impress and grab me as a Sonic fan.

Considering I am a quality Sonic fan myself, it's just not cutting it for me as you can see from my activity.

I appreciate everyones feedback and respect for my opinion and suggestion.
    At least it's been brought to everyones attention except for Zez (as he is going through connection problems), but still, at least I tried.

I will try being more active here in the Sonic forums. I would give good ideas, but...
    1) People don't seem as willing to try them
    2) These are potential ideas to work at my forum

I also got to keep in mind that I am also in competition with most Sonic forums, then again, I like finding a decent Sonic forum without resorting creating my own.

Sonic Blast is the only good forum I could find, unfortunately, they are small and don't expand much. Sonic Community got the members and activity. But not enough Sonic Spirit. I think that's what lacking in this forum.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix September 26th 2010, 2:32 pm

You have points, but like some above me have said, if the forum was just about Sonic, it'd be long dead by now. There are more than enough Sonic forums across the internet (TOO many), and the off topic discussion is the main reason we're still alive now. Yes, it is a Sonic forum, and I think that when the influx of games (Colors, 4, and FR) are released then there will be plenty more activity in the Sonic boards. Sorry that you feel this way...but really if you want the Sonic category to be more active, our members have to post in it, there's nothing we can do. It doesn't really help our case either because almost everything has been discussed to death on forums that were before our time. But feel free to revive discussions we haven't seen yet on here.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content