TrueSonicBlue
36 posters

Future Sonic Games After Generations

Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep7

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 December 31st 2011, 7:30 pm

I don't think it is worth even discussing this argument about Sonic 06. Point is, one 3D adventure failure can't count for all future 3D games failing. There's no logic to defend this when SA1 and SA2 succeeded as 3D adventures.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 ZtZYh

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 White10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 2nio02t

Rep76

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 3rd 2012, 2:24 am

Pretty much. It's just now a question of getting people to remember why SADX and SA2B were as amazing as they were.
    Marowik

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Marowik March 12th 2012, 1:05 am

I would prefer a new style of gameplay. Not like SA, or SU, but something new. Sonic can only go up. And before someone points out the bad games (I'm looking at you 3D blast), just know that it's only a figure of speech.

And I'm tired of reading about Sonic '06. One bad game doesn't define a generation, so SA3 is still a possibility, albeit a slim one.
    I am Sonic
    I am Sonic

Rep0

Post by I am Sonic June 26th 2012, 11:43 am

How about if Sega made a Sonic The Hedgehog 2013 game that would be cool

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 VOZLn

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 June 26th 2012, 12:18 pm

Get out.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 June 26th 2012, 2:10 pm

Heroes and Unleashed were supposed to be "Adventure" games, right? At least Unleashed, if I remember right; it would have been "Sonic World Adventure".
    Anonymous

Post by Guest June 26th 2012, 2:18 pm

I'm hoping for something like Unleashed day levels, I actually liked those more than Generations.
    sykog
    sykog

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Imagee10

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalg10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog June 26th 2012, 3:32 pm

I am Sonic wrote:How about if Sega made a Sonic The Hedgehog 2013 game that would be cool
    Like Sonic 06, but 13? Yes, excellent.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest June 26th 2012, 3:35 pm

As long as it's just better.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 White10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 26th 2012, 4:06 pm

84 wrote:Get out.
    Don't spam.
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:Heroes and Unleashed were supposed to be "Adventure" games, right? At least Unleashed, if I remember right; it would have been "Sonic World Adventure".
    It actually is called Sonic World Adventure in Japan.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 White10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic June 26th 2012, 4:37 pm

Thats the joke
    Nuva
    Nuva

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva June 27th 2012, 1:05 am

Personally, I love the Unleashed style levels, I just really enjoy the sense of speed you get from them. Although I tend to be on the unpopular opinion here.
    I also think '06 would of been a great game if it weren't for all of the bugs and one scene (you know the one). I think people give it too much flak then it really deserves, although the bugs do make it pretty unplayable as an actual game.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest June 27th 2012, 1:11 am

Nuva500 wrote:Personally, I love the Unleashed style levels, I just really enjoy the sense of speed you get from them. Although I tend to be on the unpopular opinion here.
    I also think '06 would of been a great game if it weren't for all of the bugs and one scene (you know the one). I think people give it too much flak then it really deserves, although the bugs do make it pretty unplayable as an actual game.

Agreed.
    Alex The Hedgehog

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog July 20th 2012, 4:51 pm

Wanna know something I heard about sonic 06? Apparently it wasn't supposed to come out until I believe 2008 but then Microsoft wanted the game to come out sooner, so they pushed the release date to 2006, leaving SEGA and Sonic Team with very little time. So in a way you can't exactly blame the developers for sonic 06 having those issues, you should blame Microsoft. (But don't jump to conclusions just yet though, this is just a rumor I heard)
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 20th 2012, 8:50 pm

Alex The Hedgehog wrote:Wanna know something I heard about sonic 06? Apparently it wasn't supposed to come out until I believe 2008 but then Microsoft wanted the game to come out sooner, so they pushed the release date to 2006, leaving SEGA and Sonic Team with very little time. So in a way you can't exactly blame the developers for sonic 06 having those issues, you should blame Microsoft. (But don't jump to conclusions just yet though, this is just a rumor I heard)
    You're not too far off. It was supposed to be 2006 actually, but the game developers started working on the Hedgehog Engine at around the same time. Since they needed to get the game out, they rushed it. Supposedly Microsoft is the reason behind the rush, but keep in mind that the PS3 version came out much later, and was actually worse.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva July 22nd 2012, 6:12 pm

I've heard that the poor quality is due to being rushed too. And also keep in mind that porting to another system isn't as easy as snapping a finger, if they still didn't have time then they probably only had enough time to get a working port, and of course it would have more bugs since its not only a unfinished game but now its a bad port of an unfinished game.
    sth88
    sth88

Rep0

Post by sth88 July 23rd 2012, 12:08 am

I'd like to see more Unleashed/Generations style gameplay in the next core game or two. SEGA has done a good job of refining that formula, and they aren't in a good position (either financially or from the perspective of the franchise's fragile rise from the depths of the mid-2000s) to reinvent the franchise's gameplay again and risk the gains they have made over the last several years.
    Alice Twilight
    Alice Twilight

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Alice Twilight July 23rd 2012, 8:13 am

They need to reboot it from here on.
    The amount of plot holes in Generations needs a new game just to fix those.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva July 23rd 2012, 1:14 pm

I'd have to agree with sth88, I would love to see more unleashed/generations style gameplay, but I don't think I have the popular opinion here.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 24th 2012, 12:17 am

Alice Twilight wrote:They need to reboot it from here on.
    The amount of plot holes in Generations needs a new game just to fix those.
    What plot holes?

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 July 24th 2012, 2:46 am

I don't think you should take the "Generations" plot seriously, SEGA obviously doesn't care about making sense these days.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest July 24th 2012, 4:34 pm

Some rumors say there will be a SA3.
    Zez
    Zez

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 24th 2012, 4:43 pm

Sushimo wrote:Some rumors say there will be a SA3.

Sonic Adventure 3DS.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 24th 2012, 5:09 pm

I knew they would.
    Zez
    Zez

Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 5 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 24th 2012, 5:21 pm

What should we do to protect ourselves from the Sonic fanpocalypse?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content