The ancient lands.


    Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 56qtD

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalg10


      : Male
     Rep35

    Age: : 24
     Posts: : 2400

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Nnoitra Hushimo on December 1st 2011, 10:28 pm

    Hushimo wrote:
    SonicFan001 wrote:
    I would've thought they would have learned their mistakes by now?

    Well, if they do make SA3, I hope it will be great.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Kz2PK

      : Male
     Rep7

     Posts: : 459

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on December 24th 2011, 2:30 pm

    Supersonic84 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Yeah, don't bet on an SA3 or even a game like it.

    You should want to bet on a SA3 when we already have it, it's called Sonic the Hedgehog 06.

    If I Sonic 06 is considered SA3 then it would be called SA3, but it isn't. So in my book Sonic 06 is not Sonic Adventure 3.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 GOMM8

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13

     Rep38

     Posts: : 760

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Hushimo on December 24th 2011, 7:41 pm

    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:If Sonic 06 is considered SA3 then it would be called SA3, but it isn't. So in my book Sonic 06 is not Sonic Adventure 3.

    That's the definition of a consideration. It doesn't have to be explicitly expressed from an official authority.



    Last edited by Hushimo on December 24th 2011, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 56qtD

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalg10


      : Male
     Rep35

    Age: : 24
     Posts: : 2400

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Nnoitra Hushimo on December 24th 2011, 7:58 pm

    I still think they've yet to make an SA3, and when that day comes, God knows I'll lay my money down for it.
    Techimo
    Techimo

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 VOZLn

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11


      : Male
     Rep15

    Age: : 26
     Posts: : 2540

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Techimo on December 25th 2011, 5:42 am

    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Supersonic84 wrote:

    You should want to bet on a SA3 when we already have it, it's called Sonic the Hedgehog 06.

    If I Sonic 06 is considered SA3 then it would be called SA3, but it isn't. So in my book Sonic 06 is not Sonic Adventure 3.
    But Sonic 06 has Adventure style... Right?
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Kz2PK

      : Male
     Rep7

     Posts: : 459

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on December 25th 2011, 2:18 pm

    Tech Man 753 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

    If I Sonic 06 is considered SA3 then it would be called SA3, but it isn't. So in my book Sonic 06 is not Sonic Adventure 3.
    But Sonic 06 has Adventure style... Right?
    As far as I know, it does, but it is not named SA3. Sonic Adventure 3 could be a combo of Heroes/ShadtH/06 simply because they all have events occurring after it. Each of these is basically its sequel.

    Okay, so there won't be another SA3. This was simply a theory. let's say how about another game like Sonic Adventure or SA2 where the story was great, the gameplay was engaging yet flawed (but not horribly glitchy like 06). That would qualify for me.

    You can't use the excuse Sonic 06 failed because Sonic Adventure and SA2 follow the same gameplay and didn't fail. The moral of the story is that Sonic Team is lazy and they don't want to take the time to answer the fan base with another Adventure styled game.

    Which is why I will no longer buy Sonic games featuring this boring "Unleashed-style" for levels. It's nothing but pure boredom and lack of substance. I (and I'm sure many others will agree) want an Adventure.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 ZtZYh

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 White10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 31
     Posts: : 5812

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on December 26th 2011, 6:37 pm

    To be fair, it's more lazy to make a game like Adventure than it is to make a new style like Unleashed.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Kz2PK

      : Male
     Rep7

     Posts: : 459

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on December 26th 2011, 8:12 pm

    The Freedom Fighter wrote:To be fair, it's more lazy to make a game like Adventure than it is to make a new style like Unleashed.
    Why?

    Regardless, that's not my point. The point is Sonic Team is giving up on the Adventure style not because of how easy or hard it is to make but because they failed at it only one time.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 56qtD

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalg10


      : Male
     Rep35

    Age: : 24
     Posts: : 2400

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Nnoitra Hushimo on December 26th 2011, 9:05 pm

    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:To be fair, it's more lazy to make a game like Adventure than it is to make a new style like Unleashed.
    Why?

    Regardless, that's not my point. The point is Sonic Team is giving up on the Adventure style not because of how easy or hard it is to make but because they failed at it only one time.

    And they're afraid of making another mistake game, then losing a lot of their fans.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 ZtZYh

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 White10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 31
     Posts: : 5812

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on December 26th 2011, 11:23 pm

    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:To be fair, it's more lazy to make a game like Adventure than it is to make a new style like Unleashed.
    Why?
    Because they already know how to do it, they just need to do it right.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Kz2PK

      : Male
     Rep7

     Posts: : 459

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on December 27th 2011, 8:07 am

    SonicFan001 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Why?

    Regardless, that's not my point. The point is Sonic Team is giving up on the Adventure style not because of how easy or hard it is to make but because they failed at it only one time.

    And they're afraid of making another mistake game, then losing a lot of their fans.

    In my book, Unleashed, Colors, and all those newer games are all mistakes. And they've basically lost me. So I'm missing your point.

    The Adventure series weren't mistakes either, just Sonic 06. So if they make a game similar to the Adventure series then it would not necessarily be a mistake.

    Sonic Team is just sad. They claim they can't fix their mistakes (after one failure) so they move away from what's important. Pity.

    Freedom Fighter, didn't we already say that? You're making no sense to me.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 56qtD

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalg10


      : Male
     Rep35

    Age: : 24
     Posts: : 2400

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Nnoitra Hushimo on December 27th 2011, 11:19 am

    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    SonicFan001 wrote:

    And they're afraid of making another mistake game, then losing a lot of their fans.

    In my book, Unleashed, Colors, and all those newer games are all mistakes. And they've basically lost me. So I'm missing your point.
    Well in the eyes of many of the fans out there and to Sonic Team, those games were all a big success and they're supposedly bringing Sonic his way to "redemption".
    Techimo
    Techimo

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 VOZLn

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11


      : Male
     Rep15

    Age: : 26
     Posts: : 2540

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Techimo on December 27th 2011, 2:48 pm

    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:To be fair, it's more lazy to make a game like Adventure than it is to make a new style like Unleashed.
    Why?

    Regardless, that's not my point. The point is Sonic Team is giving up on the Adventure style not because of how easy or hard it is to make but because they failed at it only one time.
    Well, in all fairness, Sonic 06 was just a bad game, because due to lack of time. If SEGA and The Sonic Team had more time, they would of made Sonic 06 Game of the Year, instead of Worst Game of the Year.

    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Kz2PK

      : Male
     Rep7

     Posts: : 459

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on December 27th 2011, 3:36 pm

    Tech Man 753 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Why?

    Regardless, that's not my point. The point is Sonic Team is giving up on the Adventure style not because of how easy or hard it is to make but because they failed at it only one time.
    Well, in all fairness, Sonic 06 was just a bad game, because due to lack of time. If SEGA and The Sonic Team had more time, they would of made Sonic 06 Game of the Year, instead of Worst Game of the Year.


    I don't think they ever indicated time was an issue. Even if it were, that doesn't serve a logical excuse. No offense, but I can't believe the game wasn't ready when they released it. There are testers and people who evaluate the game before it's released and if it's not ready they fix things. Obviously Sonic Team found the game good enough. They were ignorant to any of its glitches. By releasing it, Sonic Team brought themselves down, not from anybody else or time.

    Making these "quick" games is Sonic Team's easy way out of not taking the time to make a well-rounded 3D adventure.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 GOMM8

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep3

    Age: : 72
     Posts: : 714

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Light Dash on December 27th 2011, 11:00 pm

    Deadlines are given to games like just about anything else. Time was an issue to some extent.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 ZtZYh

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 White10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 31
     Posts: : 5812

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on December 27th 2011, 11:34 pm

    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Freedom Fighter, didn't we already say that? You're making no sense to me.
    Unleashed was not lazy because they had to make up a new gameplay style.
    Adventure 3 would be lazy because they already know how to.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Kz2PK

      : Male
     Rep7

     Posts: : 459

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on December 28th 2011, 8:02 am

    The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Freedom Fighter, didn't we already say that? You're making no sense to me.
    Unleashed was not lazy because they had to make up a new gameplay style.
    Adventure 3 would be lazy because they already know how to.
    I disagree. Neither are lazy. I was just saying Sonic Team is too lazy to try to get back on track making a 3D Adventure game.

    Deadlines are made, but that doesn't give anyone the excuse to make a bad game.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 56qtD

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalg10


      : Male
     Rep35

    Age: : 24
     Posts: : 2400

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Nnoitra Hushimo on December 28th 2011, 12:08 pm

    I agree with SA2 here, it's not really lazy to make either style of game. Either way, they know how to make their games because they've had plenty of experience making both kinds of styled games, 2.5D and 3D alike. If they continue making 2.5D gameplay, fine by me. If they want to make another 3D Adventure game, fine by me. Either way, I don't really care, as long as it has some sort of value.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 ZtZYh

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 White10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 31
     Posts: : 5812

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on December 28th 2011, 3:03 pm

    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Freedom Fighter, didn't we already say that? You're making no sense to me.
    Unleashed was not lazy because they had to make up a new gameplay style.
    Adventure 3 would be lazy because they already know how to.
    I disagree. Neither are lazy. I was just saying Sonic Team is too lazy to try to get back on track making a 3D Adventure game.

    Deadlines are made, but that doesn't give anyone the excuse to make a bad game.
    Ugh, no, they are not being lazy. If you say neither one is lazy, then no, Sonic Team is not lazy. Because, if they're sticking with Unleashed style, which they are, and if Unleashed style isn't lazy, that means Sonic Team is not lazy.

    The era of laziness died when Sonic The Hedgehog: Let's Mosey With Mephiles crashed on the scene.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 GOMM8

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep3

    Age: : 72
     Posts: : 714

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Light Dash on December 28th 2011, 7:55 pm

    It's a perfectly good excuse if you're forced to ship it out, bug tested or not.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Kz2PK

      : Male
     Rep7

     Posts: : 459

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on December 30th 2011, 8:01 am

    Light Dash wrote:It's a perfectly good excuse if you're forced to ship it out, bug tested or not.
    Who forced them to ship it out? Do you have any proof of someone forcing Sonic Team to ship the game out? They could have canned the game like Sonic Extreme. Obviously they thought the game was good enough to keep around.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 GOMM8

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep3

    Age: : 72
     Posts: : 714

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Light Dash on December 30th 2011, 5:58 pm

    Sega. Sonic Team is not an independent company.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 ZtZYh

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 White10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 31
     Posts: : 5812

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on December 30th 2011, 8:08 pm

    This whole "the game was rushed" is a nice little idea, until you look at when the PS3 version came out. And then if you know that, and know that the PS3 version is actually worse...it throws logic away.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 GOMM8

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep3

    Age: : 72
     Posts: : 714

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Light Dash on December 30th 2011, 8:59 pm

    The Freedom Fighter wrote:This whole "the game was rushed" is a nice little idea, until you look at when the PS3 version came out. And then if you know that, and know that the PS3 version is actually worse...it throws logic away.

    That was a four month gap, which they likely spent the entire time porting. Ports aren't copy and paste jobs, and this is especially true with the 360 and PS3. The two are internally different, so much so that porting a game from one to the other isn't easy. Given that the game isn't on the original system, and because of the porting difficulties of the two systems involved, it makes sense. Logic is still there.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 ZtZYh

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Blackr10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medalw11Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Zigzag10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 White10Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Medal13Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 2nio02t

      : Male
     Rep76

    Age: : 31
     Posts: : 5812

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by The Freedom Fighter on December 31st 2011, 1:38 pm

    No, they knew it was going on three systems, they dropped one and then delayed the other. They would have been prepared ahead of time for porting. Besides, even if they weren't, the rest of the team could have been helping too to fix the game up, but instead they focused on the Hedgehog Engine.


    _________________

    To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.

    Sponsored content

    Future Sonic Games After Generations - Page 4 Empty Re: Future Sonic Games After Generations

    Post by Sponsored content