The ancient lands.

Yuji Naka considering returning?

Jmh
    Jmh

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Imagee10

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalw11Yuji Naka considering returning?  White10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medal13

: Male
     Rep67

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Empty Yuji Naka considering returning?

Post by Jmh on May 18th 2012, 3:39 pm

http://www.tssznews.com/2012/05/18/naka-recent-sonic-titles-have-not-been-as-fun/
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Yuji Naka considering returning?  ZtZYh

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Blackr10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalw11Yuji Naka considering returning?  Zigzag10Yuji Naka considering returning?  White10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medal13Yuji Naka considering returning?  2nio02t

Rep76

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Empty Re: Yuji Naka considering returning?

Post by The Freedom Fighter on May 18th 2012, 3:46 pm

Well, like I was saying on SOA, I don't think people should be so eager for him to return. He did great work in the 90s, but not really in the 2000s. I don't even know how his recent games are, I never saw them when I was at Gamestop, and Rodea is still unreleased.

To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    JMan
    JMan

Yuji Naka considering returning?  WFmvl

Rep0

Post by JMan on May 27th 2012, 10:25 pm

Chance of getting a good 3D one like SA and SA2 hell yea you better get your ass back on this team

And the classic physics
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on June 7th 2012, 10:50 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Well, like I was saying on SOA, I don't think people should be so eager for him to return. He did great work in the 90s, but not really in the 2000s. I don't even know how his recent games are, I never saw them when I was at Gamestop, and Rodea is still unreleased.
    I disagree. They should get this guy back and pay him double. At least when he was here, the games were good.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Blackr10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalw11Yuji Naka considering returning?  Zigzag10Yuji Naka considering returning?  White10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medal13Yuji Naka considering returning?  2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter on June 7th 2012, 12:19 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:Well, like I was saying on SOA, I don't think people should be so eager for him to return. He did great work in the 90s, but not really in the 2000s. I don't even know how his recent games are, I never saw them when I was at Gamestop, and Rodea is still unreleased.
    I disagree. They should get this guy back and pay him double. At least when he was here, the games were good.
    Not really. Unless you're like me and you like Heroes, Shadow, and Sonic 06 (well, sort of). tounge

NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Blackr10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalw11Yuji Naka considering returning?  Zigzag10Yuji Naka considering returning?  White10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medal13Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic on June 8th 2012, 10:55 pm

What a old man with outdated ideals
    I'm surprise he still alive
    iHawk
    iHawk

Yuji Naka considering returning?  3qll2

Rep15

Post by iHawk on June 10th 2012, 11:47 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Not really. Unless you're like me and you like Heroes, Shadow, and Sonic 06 (well, sort of). tounge
    Those were the titles Naka worked on.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on June 11th 2012, 9:26 am

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    He's had some bumps in the road, but so does everyone. But his track record from Sonic the Hedgehog to Sonic Adventure 2 will not be beaten in this day and age. Returning grants him the chance to put this series back to its golden age.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter on June 11th 2012, 12:41 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    He's had some bumps in the road, but so does everyone. But his track record from Sonic the Hedgehog to Sonic Adventure 2 will not be beaten in this day and age. Returning grants him the chance to put this series back to its golden age.
    He's had several noteworthy bumps, like you, I, and iHawk have pointed out. And while those can be forgiven, I don't think it's a good idea to just throw money at him right away. He has to prove he can still do it. And keep in mind I actually did like all of his games, even the ones people hate.

Zez
    Zez

Yuji Naka considering returning?  VOZLn

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Blackr10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalw11Yuji Naka considering returning?  Zigzag10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez on June 16th 2012, 2:26 pm

Just because Naka may be returning doesn't mean anything.

He still has to prove himself like anyone else.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on June 16th 2012, 8:14 pm

Zez wrote:Just because Naka may be returning doesn't mean anything.

Pleas tell me what he has to prove. Sonic 06 may have been a horrible game under his release, but at least the game had a decent story.

We don't see those anymore.

Every game that Naka has been involved in the past has had an inspiring story, better than the junk we've been getting nowadays.

In any case, this is a ray of hope. One step higher from what we are at now.

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Blackr10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medal13Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 on June 16th 2012, 9:07 pm

If Yuji Naka gave birth to Sonic the Hedgehog... then why isn't he dead yet?
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Blackr10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalw11Yuji Naka considering returning?  Zigzag10Yuji Naka considering returning?  White10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medal13Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic on June 16th 2012, 9:09 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Zez wrote:Just because Naka may be returning doesn't mean anything.

Pleas tell me what he has to prove. Sonic 06 may have been a horrible game under his release, but at least the game had a decent story.

We don't see those anymore.

Every game that Naka has been involved in the past has had an inspiring story, better than the junk we've been getting nowadays.

In any case, this is a ray of hope. One step higher from what we are at now.
    You cannot POSSIBLE be serious about this
    Zez
    Zez

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Blackr10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalw11Yuji Naka considering returning?  Zigzag10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez on June 17th 2012, 1:17 am

For once I agree with Neo.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter on June 17th 2012, 1:36 am

Even if you think Sonic 06 had a decent story, that's not a good enough reason to bring him back, especially with double pay. Personally, I've seen fans do better stories, so we've got better options.

Jmh
    Jmh

Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalw11Yuji Naka considering returning?  White10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh on June 17th 2012, 1:42 am

We should have Sonic Adventure 2 create the next Sonic game.

Spoiler:
    Imagine, a game making a game? Madness!
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Yuji Naka considering returning?  White10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalg10Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medal13Yuji Naka considering returning?  Medalw11

Rep33

Post by Schnickelfritz on June 17th 2012, 1:26 pm

Obviously Satoru Iwata.makes the best Sonic games.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on June 19th 2012, 10:13 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Even if you think Sonic 06 had a decent story, that's not a good enough reason to bring him back, especially with double pay. Personally, I've seen fans do better stories, so we've got better options.
    Yeah, this goes to show how bad the current Sonic Team is... when fans create better games than they do.

Are you kidding me? If Naka was responsible for just Sonic 06, he should be fired. But that's not the case. Sonic 06 and ShadtH were literally the only bumps along Naka's releases. Naka was somehwat responsible for all the games before which were successful, and none of the bad ones after.

Naka can't be worse than what Sonic Team is now. Maybe the last few games he made were crappy, but at least they were traditional Sonic and not this 2.5D garbage with horrible story plotlines we have now. At least he'd bring the traditional game back and not this fake Sonic 4 stuff.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter on June 19th 2012, 11:32 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Yeah, this goes to show how bad the current Sonic Team is... when fans create better games than they do.
    I didn't say games, I said stories. And yes, the fans make better 2D games, but very rarely. Probably only a couple are, and even then we're comparing that to Dimps, not Neo Sonic Team.
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Are you kidding me? If Naka was responsible for just Sonic 06, he should be fired. But that's not the case. Sonic 06 and ShadtH were literally the only bumps along Naka's releases. Naka was somehwat responsible for all the games before which were successful, and none of the bad ones after.
    Yes, but the problem isn't that they were bumps, but that they were consecutive bumps. This leaves the question if his skills are declining or not. We have to verify he can still do good. And maybe he can, he's made a few games after leaving Sonic Team, but no one here has played them, which leaves me to the question.
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Naka can't be worse than what Sonic Team is now. Maybe the last few games he made were crappy, but at least they were traditional Sonic and not this 2.5D garbage with horrible story plotlines we have now. At least he'd bring the traditional game back and not this fake Sonic 4 stuff.
    And now it's matter of opinion. I feel that Unleashed, Colors, and Generations had better story and gameplay than Sonic Heroes, Shadow, and Sonic 06. And sadly, you don't know he'd do that. At best we'll have the original physics back. At best.

Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez on June 21st 2012, 7:58 pm

Isn't it funny how he didn't reply.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 on June 21st 2012, 9:31 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Yeah, this goes to show how bad the current Sonic Team is... when fans create better games than they do.
    I didn't say games, I said stories. And yes, the fans make better 2D games, but very rarely. Probably only a couple are, and even then we're comparing that to Dimps, not Neo Sonic Team.
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Are you kidding me? If Naka was responsible for just Sonic 06, he should be fired. But that's not the case. Sonic 06 and ShadtH were literally the only bumps along Naka's releases. Naka was somehwat responsible for all the games before which were successful, and none of the bad ones after.
    Yes, but the problem isn't that they were bumps, but that they were consecutive bumps. This leaves the question if his skills are declining or not. We have to verify he can still do good. And maybe he can, he's made a few games after leaving Sonic Team, but no one here has played them, which leaves me to the question.
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Naka can't be worse than what Sonic Team is now. Maybe the last few games he made were crappy, but at least they were traditional Sonic and not this 2.5D garbage with horrible story plotlines we have now. At least he'd bring the traditional game back and not this fake Sonic 4 stuff.
    And now it's matter of opinion. I feel that Unleashed, Colors, and Generations had better story and gameplay than Sonic Heroes, Shadow, and Sonic 06. And sadly, you don't know he'd do that. At best we'll have the original physics back. At best.

The reason I didn't reply is because I keep on forgetting about this forum and Sonic because THE FRANCHISE IS CURRENTLY DEAD!

SA2 had a great story when Naka was on board, and so did various others.

I'll admit that Unleashed and Colors were good attempts at stories, but they were just bad games overall that took away traditional Sonic. (Still better than any Mario game though)

I don't believe in someone losing ability. Okay, so Naka made a couple of consecutive bad games. Yet, their stories and way of gameplay (Adventure over speed) are still better than the bad games Sonic Team has made today. This may be my opinion, but I'll defend it nonetheless.

I'd rather choose Naka who has proven he can make FUN games even if he's had bumps. As I said, it's a notch above those who have proven to make BORING Sonic games.
    Hyperstreak
    Hyperstreak

Yuji Naka considering returning?  3qll2

Rep0

Post by Hyperstreak on August 2nd 2012, 3:32 pm

Interesting. But I do not care what he does if he came back, as long as Sonic games are still good.
    Alex The Hedgehog

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog on August 2nd 2012, 9:42 pm

Hyperstreak wrote:Interesting. But I do not care what he does if he came back, as long as Sonic games are still good.

I agree, but I always liked the sonic games, in fact, I didn't really think that sonic 06 was all that bad.

but that's really my opinion.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez on November 7th 2012, 11:53 pm

He's a man, not a miracle worker.
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Post by Moran on November 7th 2012, 11:54 pm

There are many rumors surrounding Yuji Naka. ... He's just a man. Maybe some day, if we let him, he can be a hero.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content