+6
Alex The Hedgehog
*ShiningStar*
Moran
Ravenfreak
Jmh
Schnickelfritz
10 posters

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while...

Poll

Which level should we reference?

[ 8 ]
    Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Bar_le1189%Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Bar_ri11 [89%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Bar_le1111%Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Bar_ri11 [11%] 

Total Votes: 9
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Imagee10

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... White10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalg10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medal13Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalw11

: Male
     Rep33

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Empty Okay, this has been bugging me for a while...

Post by Schnickelfritz July 20th 2012, 1:43 am

Delete this if you want to, but I have to know.
    Why in the HELL is this forum called "Green Hills"?!

The act is called "Green Hill Zone", not "Green Hills Zone"! Dafuq is that?

Last edited by The Freedom Fighter on August 20th 2012, 12:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Poll added)
    Jmh
    Jmh

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalw11Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... White10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medal13

Rep67

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Empty Re: Okay, this has been bugging me for a while...

Post by Jmh July 20th 2012, 1:50 am

That's a good point.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... White10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalg10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medal13Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalw11

Rep33

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Empty Re: Okay, this has been bugging me for a while...

Post by Schnickelfritz July 20th 2012, 2:00 am

Dman right it is.
    Ravenfreak
    Ravenfreak

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Ravenfreak July 20th 2012, 3:02 am

Green Hills zone is my favorite from Sonic 2 8-bit just saying. :V But it does break the whole Sonic 1 system that the forum is set up with. Probably just a small typo. xP
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Post by Moran July 20th 2012, 3:07 pm

I think that, when they made Sonic 1, "Green Hill" was actually a typo in the first place. They didn't include the S, but then, because designing a game on a cartridge is so cumbersome, they would've had to jump through hoops just to get that single letter to display. So they just decided it wasn't worth it and left it as Green Hill. Might be wrong, but just one of those vague half-complete memories from an article.

And making a game on a cartridge is very awkward to do, yes, because you're basically trying to get raw electricity to run through a circuit exactly the way you want it to. When there's a thunderstorm, go outside and look at lightning striking or arcing through a cloud, and look at the tiny little curves and bends of the bolt. Now imagine trying to get something that wants to bend and curve and twist like that to go on the path you want it to.

This, and the tools of that time, which were, of course, much lower-tech than those of today, adds up to, generally, every little thing you could imagine doing when trying to build a game, and even things you can't, potentially making a hell and a half of cartridge layout changes just to squeeze some tiny little thing in without the game glitching out. Same reason the basic stuff for Hidden Palace is still in Sonic 2; it's there because taking it out would give them one hell of a cleanup, but it's unreferenced so unless you screw with stuff yourself you'll never see it. So, basically, that idea I just said about GHZ originally being meant to have an S, stands to reason, even if it's not necessarily true.

Last edited by Mly on July 20th 2012, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... VOZLn

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medal13

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* July 20th 2012, 3:15 pm

Is it possible for the Admins to change that?
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran July 20th 2012, 3:17 pm

It's possible for the admins to change anything and everything. But we're lazy, and an S really doesn't matter that much, whether it's a single press of the backspace key or ages of reprogramming to add/remove it.
    Alex The Hedgehog

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog July 20th 2012, 4:39 pm

no offense, but don't you think you might be overreacting?
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... VOZLn

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medal13

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* July 20th 2012, 5:28 pm

I kind of like the name. It makes the sub-forum fancy! Like Hollywood Hills in Cali!
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... ZtZYh

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Blackr10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalw11Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Zigzag10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... White10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medal13Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 20th 2012, 6:23 pm

Ravenfreak wrote:Green Hills zone is my favorite from Sonic 2 8-bit just saying. :V But it does break the whole Sonic 1 system that the forum is set up with. Probably just a small typo. xP
    I noticed that too. tounge As it is, it's a reference to that game more than Sonic 1, but now that I think about it, Green Hill makes VASTLY more sense than Green Hills, since this should be your first forum to post in (as long as you checked out Sea Gate too Wink1), so for fun, let's make a poll to decide on which level we're referencing. Silly

To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... ZtZYh

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Blackr10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalw11Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Zigzag10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... White10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medal13Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 20th 2012, 12:58 am

Hurry up and vote.

To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    sykog
    sykog

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Blackr10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalw11Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalg10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Zigzag10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog August 20th 2012, 1:12 am

Green Hill
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... GOMM8

Rep4

Post by SpeedyBlueDude August 20th 2012, 2:12 am

Honestly, this is pointless and I'm going to say this, I prefer Green Hills Zone because the actual 'Green Hills Zone' has 2 different sub sections inside of it, it's not one single section, therefore it's plural, therefore it's Hills.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Rep33

Post by Schnickelfritz August 20th 2012, 10:38 am

SpeedyBlueDude wrote:Honestly, this is pointless and I'm going to say this, I prefer Green Hills Zone because the actual 'Green Hills Zone' has 2 different sub sections inside of it, it's not one single section, therefore it's plural, therefore it's Hills.
    That would make it Green Hill Zones, though..
    Erazor
    Erazor

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Blackr10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalw11Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalg10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... White10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 20th 2012, 10:41 am

SpeedyBlueDude wrote:Honestly, this is pointless and I'm going to say this, I prefer Green Hills Zone because the actual 'Green Hills Zone' has 2 different sub sections inside of it, it's not one single section, therefore it's plural, therefore it's Hills.
    And yet there are still no votes for Hills.
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... GOMM8

Rep4

Post by SpeedyBlueDude August 20th 2012, 5:33 pm

Erazor wrote:
    And yet there are still no votes for Hills.
    I didn't vote on the poll because I didn't find reason too. I will vote if it means that much to you.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest August 20th 2012, 6:26 pm

Green Hill Zone.
    sykog
    sykog

Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Blackr10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalw11Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medalg10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Zigzag10Okay, this has been bugging me for a while... Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog August 21st 2012, 2:27 am

I think it's safe to say Green Hill is the favorite. The polls are now closed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content