*ShiningStar*

Mentoring - Page 4 VOZLn

Mentoring - Page 4 Medal13

: Female
     Rep10

Mentoring - Page 4 Empty Re: Mentoring

Post by *ShiningStar* September 15th 2012, 3:33 pm

Nnoitra Hushimo wrote:I'll mentor.
    Great! Thanks for your support! Even though you were already one before! XD We could always use the help! cheese
    Nuva
    Nuva

Mentoring - Page 4 Imagee10

Mentoring - Page 4 Medalw11Mentoring - Page 4 Medal13

: Male
     Rep20

Post by Nuva September 15th 2012, 5:01 pm

*ShiningStar* wrote:Or we could just get to know the members that join instead of assigning older members to mentor them. After all if the new members are to become regulars, we might as well make friends with them first. Usually you can sort of see what a member might be like from their intro thread.

I also would like to suggest that we try and befriend all new members instead of just a few. That way more members have the potential of becoming regulars. What I tend to do, is introduce myself to every new member (I use the same intro because either way I'll end up saying the same thing). I would also wait for them to come into the chat box to discuss things they like and to get to know them better. That was they will be more frequent when visiting the site. Don't just talk to a new member once, get to know them and become their friends. Let them know that you are someone to trust.
    So you're suggesting we drop the mentoring idea and just try to befriend everyone?
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Mentoring - Page 4 VOZLn

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* September 15th 2012, 5:35 pm

Nuva wrote:
    *ShiningStar* wrote:Or we could just get to know the members that join instead of assigning older members to mentor them. After all if the new members are to become regulars, we might as well make friends with them first. Usually you can sort of see what a member might be like from their intro thread.

I also would like to suggest that we try and befriend all new members instead of just a few. That way more members have the potential of becoming regulars. What I tend to do, is introduce myself to every new member (I use the same intro because either way I'll end up saying the same thing). I would also wait for them to come into the chat box to discuss things they like and to get to know them better. That was they will be more frequent when visiting the site. Don't just talk to a new member once, get to know them and become their friends. Let them know that you are someone to trust.
    So you're suggesting we drop the mentoring idea and just try to befriend everyone?
    Well not necessarily, but I suppose so. Think about all the new members you've met recently. Do any of them seem like the type to need to be spoon-fed everything? I don't think they need someone to hold their hand. What they need most is a friend. And not just someone who will post once on their intro thread and then never talk to them again (which is what the majority of us do anyway). They need a real friend, someone who they can talk to and laugh with. Someone they can always hang with and depend on.

We want to give them a reason to come back. Most of come here to communicate with our friends. We like to post on the forum, but we prefer to just spend the day chatting away with the friends we made on the forum. That is why we come back everyday. That is what the new members need. That is what I am here to give them.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Mentoring - Page 4 ZtZYh

Mentoring - Page 4 Blackr10Mentoring - Page 4 Medalw11Mentoring - Page 4 Zigzag10Mentoring - Page 4 White10Mentoring - Page 4 Medal13Mentoring - Page 4 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 15th 2012, 5:43 pm

The way I see it, the mentoring program is for members who need the help, and quite often they don't. I wouldn't say kill the program, just remember when to use it.
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Mentoring - Page 4 VOZLn

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* September 15th 2012, 5:58 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:The way I see it, the mentoring program is for members who need the help, and quite often they don't. I wouldn't say kill the program, just remember when to use it.
    I agree with this.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Mentoring - Page 4 Imagee10

Mentoring - Page 4 White10Mentoring - Page 4 Medalg10Mentoring - Page 4 Medal13Mentoring - Page 4 Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz September 15th 2012, 7:13 pm

That's what I was getting at. Just five or so older members who would send new members PMs saying basically "Hi, ask me if you need any help." That was my vision for it when I restarted it, since obviously the previous ideas didn't last long. So now we have Me, Star, Nnoitra, and Zezzy.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Mentoring - Page 4 ZtZYh

Mentoring - Page 4 Blackr10Mentoring - Page 4 Medalw11Mentoring - Page 4 Zigzag10Mentoring - Page 4 White10Mentoring - Page 4 Medal13Mentoring - Page 4 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 16th 2012, 10:52 pm

Looks like this died again.
    Zez
    Zez

Mentoring - Page 4 VOZLn

Mentoring - Page 4 Blackr10Mentoring - Page 4 Medalw11Mentoring - Page 4 Zigzag10Mentoring - Page 4 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez October 17th 2012, 1:59 pm

Maybe if someone wrote a list of users who are in need of mentorship.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content