sykog
    sykog

So... Imagee10

So... Blackr10So... Medalw11So... Medalg10So... Zigzag10So... Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

So... Empty So...

Post by sykog on September 8th 2012, 5:29 pm

In my epic quest to beat every Sonic game I can, I have finally reached Sonic 06. I doubted it would be as bad as people say, but sadly, I was wrong. The loading screeeeenzzz!!!!!!! Are they dreadful? Yes, but that alone is insufficient! This has the worse camera by far, and that's saying something. And the controls.... they're broken. Well, at least Crisis City was pretty fun... until the dman speed section that is. Oh well, I shall beat it, and live to tell the tale!!!!
    Anonymous

So... Empty Re: So...

Post by Guest on September 8th 2012, 7:14 pm

I've beaten it. Twice.
    Pooka
    Pooka

So... Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Pooka on September 8th 2012, 7:59 pm

Never beaten it cause I never owned it. I also fear owning it myself. I like the glitch where you can fly the box by making Sonic spin, though.

I like to know exactly how long is a loading screen in Sonic '06. And I don't want to link the game with original Sonic the Hedgehog (for the emerald with the freaky princess) and of course... no... not that kiss... no... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

So... Imagee10

So... White10So... Medalg10So... Medal13So... Medalw11

Rep33

Post by Schnickelfritz on September 8th 2012, 8:25 pm

I've been doing the same for the past few months. But I can't get past the stupid Silver golf ball level.
    Blues_Of_Diplomatic
    Blues_Of_Diplomatic

So... WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Blues_Of_Diplomatic on September 8th 2012, 9:26 pm

Ugh, Sonic 06 I have played it once and it made me sick.
    Erazor
    Erazor

So... Imagee10

So... Blackr10So... Medalw11So... Medalg10So... White10So... Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor on September 8th 2012, 10:25 pm

I earned all of the achievements in that game. I'm at the point where I can S rank a level on my first try after months of not playing it.

Truth be told I don't think it's the worst Sonic game out there, and sometimes I yearn for the days of the furry melodrama that's been replaced with that not-so-funny-winking-at-the-audience humor that has dominated the last few games in the series.

P.S. Watch out for Shadow's Crisis City and Silver's Dusty Desert.

Last edited by Erazor on September 8th 2012, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sykog
    sykog

So... Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog on September 8th 2012, 10:25 pm

Pooka wrote:Never beaten it cause I never owned it. I also fear owning it myself. I like the glitch where you can fly the box by making Sonic spin, though.

I like to know exactly how long is a loading screen in Sonic '06. And I don't want to link the game with original Sonic the Hedgehog (for the emerald with the freaky princess) and of course... no... not that kiss... no... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Only about 10 seconds, but this is literally how it goes:
    Turn on the game LOADING SCREEN, select your character LOADING SCREEN, enter hubworld, find a mission LOADING SCREEN, explain mission LOADING SCREEN, complete mission LOADING SCREEN, back to hubworld, find stage, LOADING SCREEN complete 1/3rd of the stage LOADING SCREEN, complete 2/3rds of the stage LOADING SCREEN, complete the stage LOADING SCREEN, cutscene LOADING SCREEN. Oh man and if theres a 3 part mission like I just did, thats 7 loading screens for ya.

Erazor wrote:I earned all of the achievements in that game. I'm at the point where I can S rank a level on my first try after months of not playing it.

Truth be told I don't think it's the worst Sonic game out there, and sometimes I yearn for the days of the furry melodrama that's been replaced with that not-so-funny-winking-at-the-audience humor that has dominated the last few games in the series.

P.S. Watch out for Shadow's Crisis City and Silver's Dusty Desert.
    Why would you play it that often?!?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest on September 8th 2012, 11:54 pm

It wasn't that bad in my opinion, minus loading times.
    No Cow Level
    No Cow Level

So... WFmvl

Rep0

Post by No Cow Level on September 9th 2012, 12:20 am

I actually like 06. Other than the loading screens it was a solid attempt.
    sykog
    sykog

So... Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog on September 9th 2012, 1:47 am

I feel that if it was actually finished and didn't have glitches alore, it would be pretty good.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

So... VOZLn

So... Medalw11So... Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord on September 9th 2012, 7:18 am

I wish you the best of luck.
    Pooka
    Pooka

So... Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Pooka on September 9th 2012, 8:13 am

7 loading screens = 70 seconds downtime. May I say I have no problems with that? Since I've got Team Fortress 2 and I can wait a full minute to get into the server I wanted to join. After getting a better internet speed, I still feel like I'm waiting for a full minute.

BUT! Sonic Adventure didn't go "loading..." when you went to the second part of the mission (for example Speed Highway Rooftops -> Running on the building -> Town Square), the game loaded them instantly. Heck.

Still, even though I can endure the loading screens, I cannot endure bugs like "hit Sonic on the wall at high speed for instant death" and "careful with the water, even if its shallow"... and falling out of the world on a certain game mode with Shadow. Maybe if I fall off Spagonia, die, but still control Sonic is lovely though, but that's Unleashed and that's PS3 which I don't own.
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

So... GOMM8

Rep4

Post by SpeedyBlueDude on September 9th 2012, 7:56 pm

Aside from the loading times the game doesn't actually have that many problems.

So... VOZLn

So... Blackr10So... Medal13So... Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 on September 9th 2012, 7:59 pm

SpeedyBlueDude wrote:Aside from the loading times the game doesn't actually have that many problems.

So... 800px-SonicEliseKiss
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

So... VOZLn

So... Medal13

: Female
     Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* on September 9th 2012, 8:05 pm

84 wrote:
    SpeedyBlueDude wrote:Aside from the loading times the game doesn't actually have that many problems.

MY EYES!!!! THEY BURN!!!

*has a seizure*

C-c-c-cannot unsee. Where is Nnoitra with that Brain Bleach?
    sykog
    sykog

So... Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog on September 9th 2012, 8:19 pm

Pooka wrote:7 loading screens = 70 seconds downtime. May I say I have no problems with that? Since I've got Team Fortress 2 and I can wait a full minute to get into the server I wanted to join. After getting a better internet speed, I still feel like I'm waiting for a full minute.

BUT! Sonic Adventure didn't go "loading..." when you went to the second part of the mission (for example Speed Highway Rooftops -> Running on the building -> Town Square), the game loaded them instantly. Heck.

Still, even though I can endure the loading screens, I cannot endure bugs like "hit Sonic on the wall at high speed for instant death" and "careful with the water, even if its shallow"... and falling out of the world on a certain game mode with Shadow. Maybe if I fall off Spagonia, die, but still control Sonic is lovely though, but that's Unleashed and that's PS3 which I don't own.
    But its 1 minute of loading screens for a 4 minute mission. That's whats so annoying.
    Pooka
    Pooka

So... Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Pooka on September 9th 2012, 8:21 pm

NO!!!! THE EYES!! Not the cursed kiss!! NOoooooooooooooooooooooo!! Shining, and whoever posted the kiss, remove it immediately for all our eyes' safety!!

This kiss summoned Herobrine! He stole my eyes!!!! Noooooooooooooooooo!
    Daniel the Hedgehog
    Daniel the Hedgehog

So... WFmvl

Rep2

Post by Daniel the Hedgehog on September 9th 2012, 9:46 pm

*ShiningStar* wrote:
    84 wrote:

MY EYES!!!! THEY BURN!!!

*has a seizure*

C-c-c-cannot unsee. Where is Nnoitra with that Brain Bleach?
    I don't know, but I have a spare tube, if you need some. Just let me use some.
    *Daniel opens up his head, which has a hinge on the rear, and applies some Mind Bleach*
    Here, have the rest.
    *Daniel tosses the bleach on the floor for anybody who needs it*
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

So... ZtZYh

So... Blackr10So... Medalw11So... Zigzag10So... White10So... Medal13So... 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter on September 10th 2012, 12:28 am

Blues_Of_Diplomatic wrote:Ugh, Sonic 06 I have played it once and it made me sick.
    Actually, you know what, it does make you feel slightly sick. At least I felt it. I noticed as I was doing some research into it, I had a queasy feeling.
    Erazor wrote:I earned all of the achievements in that game. I'm at the point where I can S rank a level on my first try after months of not playing it.
    Even Crisis City Mach Speed?
    sykog wrote:
    Pooka wrote:I like to know exactly how long is a loading screen in Sonic '06. And I don't want to link the game with original Sonic the Hedgehog (for the emerald with the freaky princess) and of course... no... not that kiss... no... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Only about 10 seconds, but this is literally how it goes:
    Turn on the game LOADING SCREEN, select your character LOADING SCREEN, enter hubworld, find a mission LOADING SCREEN, explain mission LOADING SCREEN, complete mission LOADING SCREEN, back to hubworld, find stage, LOADING SCREEN complete 1/3rd of the stage LOADING SCREEN, complete 2/3rds of the stage LOADING SCREEN, complete the stage LOADING SCREEN, cutscene LOADING SCREEN. Oh man and if theres a 3 part mission like I just did, thats 7 loading screens for ya.
    Oh, here's a test for you if you get really bored. Play a level of SADX. Count the loading time. Play a level of SADX. Count the loading time. Play a level of SA2B. Count the loading time. Play a level of Heroes. Count the loading time. Now when you play Sonic 06, you'll realize that loading screens got WORSE with each game.

To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    No Cow Level
    No Cow Level

So... WFmvl

Rep0

Post by No Cow Level on September 10th 2012, 12:43 am

While it did have some loading times, that kinda persuaded me to not die in the levels so I didn't have to endure them xP. Also the ElisexSonic thing was pretty stupid...
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

So... ZtZYh

So... Blackr10So... Medalw11So... Zigzag10So... White10So... Medal13So... 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter on September 10th 2012, 12:54 am

Well, as bad as Sonic&Elise got, Sonic Team actually were playing it smart, conceptually.

sykog
    sykog

So... Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog on September 10th 2012, 1:02 am

And why does Elise has spray tanned legs?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

So... ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter on September 10th 2012, 1:09 am

Those are stocking. If you look at the CG cutscenes and art, you can tell. The game models, however...yeah, really bad looking...

No Cow Level
    No Cow Level

So... WFmvl

Rep0

Post by No Cow Level on September 10th 2012, 1:27 am

her legs would make Snooki jealous.
    Pooka
    Pooka

So... Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Pooka on September 10th 2012, 8:21 am

Freedom, I think you were referring to SA first, then SADX. Well to let you know, I have SADX for PC, which means the levels load instantly as soon as the title comes up. Also I don't own SA2 either. Heroes does't load instantly but I have to wait like 5 seconds once per act, not a big deal.

Making a youtube video for load time demonstration would help though.

I found my eyes... just don't bring up Sonic & Elise again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content