Knuckles's Steroids Program

preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Knuckles's Steroids Program WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

Knuckles's Steroids Program Empty Knuckles's Steroids Program

Post by preadatordetector August 2nd 2014, 2:52 pm

Hello. This thread was made so that you guys can catch up with the discussion of Knuckles's unfortunate size change.

Here, you can discuss the current state of the discussion, and you are free to suggest ways to attract more voters to the thread on the official site, or criticize the logic behind specific claims.

The discussion on the main site can be found here: http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?514872-Knuckles-s-Steroids-Program

I wasn't able to create this thread until I was allowed to post hyperlinks, so sorry for the wait.

Recap as of 2014-08-02:

-People doubt the ability of SEGA to change Knuckles's design back to his earlier version.

-Characters have changed before in the Sonic universe. Just not always for the better.

-Still a glimmer of hope. We can still affect the outcome of this issue.

CONS:
    -Can't glide
    -"Size doesn't matter", "Looks can deceive", "Dynamite Aesop"
    -There are ways to imply physical strength besides size alone.
    -Steroids....
    -Extremely stereotypical, makes Knuckles a flat character.

PROS:
    -Children can easily associate Knuckles's size with his function in the team.
    (Neutralized by CONS #2 and #3.)
    -Comedy, parodies and satire.
    (See Big the Cat in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpXaAHiLTtU)

Go ahead and start posting!
    Sketch Style
    Sketch Style

Knuckles's Steroids Program GOMM8

Rep2

Knuckles's Steroids Program Empty Re: Knuckles's Steroids Program

Post by Sketch Style August 2nd 2014, 3:45 pm

Why are you telling us to go to SoA? We need more activity here.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Knuckles's Steroids Program Imagee10

Knuckles's Steroids Program Medalw11Knuckles's Steroids Program White10Knuckles's Steroids Program Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh August 2nd 2014, 3:51 pm

Sketch Style wrote:Why are you telling us to go to SoA? We need more activity here.
    Agreed. It would be better to tell the people on SoA to come to this thread. Of course, I can't really expect a new user to put the needs of TSC first when they haven't truly become one with the forums.
    Pro
    Pro

Knuckles's Steroids Program 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Pro August 5th 2014, 1:20 am

Meh I was kinda like WTF in the initial reveal trailer...and the teaser image, but I kinda accept knuckles' design for what it is now.

It's pretty unlikely that they'll change it at this point. It would be funny if they did a sequel to the series and changed his design back because of all the complaints though. They'd probably pass it off through some reccuring joke in-game.
    preadatordetector
    preadatordetector

Knuckles's Steroids Program WFmvl

Rep0

Post by preadatordetector August 8th 2014, 1:30 am

Pro wrote:Meh I was kinda like WTF in the initial reveal trailer...and the teaser image, but I kinda accept knuckles' design for what it is now.

It's pretty unlikely that they'll change it at this point. It would be funny if they did a sequel to the series and changed his design back because of all the complaints though. They'd probably pass it off through some reccuring joke in-game.

It could work. Just need to make the transformation kid-friendly.

All I could think of were bones breaking due to some compression chamber Eggman built, signifying the true strength of steroids (very little) and having Knuckles be able to break out not before the transformation but after. It's gory.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content