Shadow122
Roterblitz
Sunset
Ringtails
Miles24
XNinjaRed
Army
12 posters

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play?

Army
    Army

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? VOZLn

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Blackr10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medalw11When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medalg10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Zigzag10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medal13When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Rainbo10

: Male
     Rep2

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Empty When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play?

Post by Army April 5th 2009, 1:45 pm

I'm taking about rating (ESBR)
    My parents never cared, .(grand theft auto was fun) but I have to say, when I am a parent I will take an active interest in what my kid's play. The ratings systems help uninformed parents to an extent, but there are some games, like Halo and Half Life, that just shouldnt be under the same rating as games like GTA or Gears of War, Halo is not worthy of an M rating, nor is HL2 (in my opinion) they are more vibrant, cartoony, and, Halo at least, a heck of a lot less bloody.

I think parents should look into what kind of kid they have, how that kid handles that sort of content, and make their decision there. There are some kids who it has no effect on, and then some messed up kids who get their hands on that stuff and it triggers something in their head that makes em crazy.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Imagee10

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medalw11When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medalg10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Zigzag10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medal13

Rep4

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Empty Re: When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play?

Post by XNinjaRed April 5th 2009, 2:12 pm

I'm a guy who plays allot of games, so if my offspring (heh heh, I said "offspring" Laughing) wants to get a certain game, I will probably check out the game myself first.
    Miles24
    Miles24

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Blackr10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medalw11When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? White10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medal13When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? 2nio02t

Rep2

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Empty Re: When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play?

Post by Miles24 April 5th 2009, 2:46 pm

I have always followed the ESRB rating system, as have my parents. When and if I do have children, I would do the very same and follow the ESRB rating system (If it still exists and is not replaced by a different rating system at the time) to tell which games are suitable for them to play.
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? GOMM8

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? White10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medal13

Rep24

Post by Ringtails April 5th 2009, 5:03 pm

I think I'm educated enough as a gamer to be able to know what kind of games I'm buying for my children. I know things like Oblivion aren't M material, and that Manhunt won't be a fond childhood memory.
    Sunset
    Sunset

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep2

Post by Sunset April 5th 2009, 7:10 pm

Whatever type they're mature enough for.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Blackr10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medalw11When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medalg10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? White10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz April 5th 2009, 7:25 pm

As long as they know what they're getting, whatever they want.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medalw11When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? White10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medal13

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 April 5th 2009, 8:30 pm

XNinjaRed wrote:I'm a guy who plays allot of games, so if my offspring (heh heh, I said "offspring" Laughing) wants to get a certain game, I will probably check out the game myself first.

Agreed.
    Pianta
    Pianta

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medalw11When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medalg10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? White10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medal13

: Female
     Rep21

Post by Pianta April 6th 2009, 3:39 am

Sunset wrote:Whatever type they're mature enough for.

This.
    Knucklesownsyou280
    Knucklesownsyou280

Rep2

Post by Knucklesownsyou280 April 6th 2009, 3:52 pm

I'll follow ESRB, but if my children show the responsibilty, maturity, and patience of someone say...17, then I'll let them play a game or two that are rated "M", but only if they should show these traits and never show traits from said games.
    Boom
    Boom

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Blackr10When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Medal13

Rep1

Post by Boom April 7th 2009, 10:29 pm

I'll play it first if it's in question.
    I'll do it cause my wife already has to much do.
    Why should she have to play games on top of it?
    Antony the Bat
    Antony the Bat

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? Kz2PK

Rep-1

Post by Antony the Bat April 13th 2009, 10:52 am

When I have children I am going to let them play Sonic the Hedgehog games and Shadow the Hedgehog game because they will able to admire my childhood hero as their idol.
    RidersDX
    RidersDX

When you grow up, What type's of game will you let your kids play? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by RidersDX April 13th 2009, 11:04 am

My parents never really cared. My little brother has Halo. But he has lately been saying some stuff a 13 year old shouldn't. So I think when I do have kids of my own, I'd follow the rating system too. There's a reason that rating system exists.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content