The ancient lands.

5 posters

new games need to amp up their music

Auflodern
    Auflodern

new games need to amp up their music VOZLn

new games need to amp up their music Medalw11new games need to amp up their music Zigzag10new games need to amp up their music White10new games need to amp up their music Medal13

: Male
     Rep26

new games need to amp up their music Empty new games need to amp up their music

Post by Auflodern April 16th 2009, 3:00 pm

becuase nothing can relate to the music of old

mainly this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwoqY0PISCs&feature=channel_page
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

new games need to amp up their music GOMM8

new games need to amp up their music White10new games need to amp up their music Medal13

Rep24

new games need to amp up their music Empty Re: new games need to amp up their music

Post by Ringtails April 16th 2009, 4:44 pm

Final Fantasy?
    Shadow of the Colossus?
    God of War?
    Super Smash Bros remixes?
    Armored Core?

Have you played any of these series with the volume up, by chance?
    Back in the 16bit era, they had to rely on short catchy melodies due to system restrictions. But now, we can enjoy epic fully orchestrated scores that can make you shiver.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

new games need to amp up their music Medalw11new games need to amp up their music Zigzag10new games need to amp up their music White10new games need to amp up their music Medal13

Rep26

new games need to amp up their music Empty Re: new games need to amp up their music

Post by Auflodern April 16th 2009, 4:47 pm

i'm just saying that you cant get the same jingle in newer games as in old games
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

new games need to amp up their music White10new games need to amp up their music Medal13

Rep24

Post by Ringtails April 16th 2009, 5:18 pm

That's probably just nostalgia thinking for you. Jingle tunes just can't hold up in the productions of 3D games we have today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7lr6dxFOaY
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Rep26

Post by Auflodern April 16th 2009, 5:40 pm

Omnihush wrote:That's probably just nostalgia thinking for you. Jingle tunes just can't hold up in the productions of 3D games we have today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7lr6dxFOaY
    i guess your right omni
    say you arn't omnisoldier from the pandemic forums are you?
    Sonic Fan
    Sonic Fan

new games need to amp up their music Medal13

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sonic Fan April 16th 2009, 6:05 pm

I TOTALLY agree with you kriegsmarine, I don't like the music in newer games either, it isn't catchy, it doesn't have that retro sound and it's not memorable. In fact the ONLY songs I can think of I like in games since Sonic Adventure (which IMO was the last game with decent music) is Solaris Phase 2 and Endless Possibilities. They seriously need to make decent game music again, like the ones found in the old 2D Sonic games and the awesome music found in Mega Man games.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Rep26

Post by Auflodern April 16th 2009, 6:13 pm

Sonic Fan wrote:I TOTALLY agree with you kriegsmarine, I don't like the music in newer games either, it isn't catchy, it doesn't have that retro sound and it's not memorable. In fact the ONLY songs I can think of I like in games since Sonic Adventure (which IMO was the last game with decent music) is Solaris Phase 2 and Endless Possibilities. They seriously need to make decent game music again, like the ones found in the old 2D Sonic games and the awesome music found in Mega Man games.
    *AHEM!* last game with good music is ace combat zero
    Sunset
    Sunset

new games need to amp up their music Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep2

Post by Sunset April 16th 2009, 7:03 pm

I disagree. Games these days do have good music. It's all a matter of opinion, I guess.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

new games need to amp up their music Blackr10new games need to amp up their music Medalw11new games need to amp up their music Medalg10new games need to amp up their music White10new games need to amp up their music Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz April 16th 2009, 10:54 pm

Omnihush wrote:That's probably just nostalgia thinking for you. Jingle tunes just can't hold up in the productions of 3D games we have today.
    I wouldn't dismiss it that quickly, I've never touched anything Mother/Earthbound related besides Super Smash Bros, but I still liked that song better than the one from F-Zero you posted.

While there's no denying that music back then had vastly inferior sound quality, some of those catchy jingles could stand out today if they're just re-made with better technology, you can find plenty of examples of that Youtube as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzaGC5Qoy8I

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content