+2
The Freedom Fighter
Crystal Chaotix 3
6 posters

Any Sonic fans? Tails version.

Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. VOZLn

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Blackr10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalw11Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalg10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. White10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medal13

: Male
     Rep17

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Empty Any Sonic fans? Tails version.

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 26th 2009, 2:31 pm

Okay so Tails needs more development (according to a lot of people) how would you incorporate him into the next Sonic game so he can have that development?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. ZtZYh

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Blackr10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalw11Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Zigzag10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. White10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medal13Any Sonic fans? Tails version. 2nio02t

Rep76

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Empty Re: Any Sonic fans? Tails version.

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 27th 2009, 10:20 am

Make the next game where he needs to help someone else, or find something, or find Sonic.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Blackr10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalw11Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalg10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. White10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 27th 2009, 3:40 pm

They're pretty much doing that now. Mind if I ask for more specific stuff?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Blackr10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalw11Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Zigzag10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. White10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medal13Any Sonic fans? Tails version. 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 27th 2009, 5:50 pm

Yeah, but Tails is usually offscreen while doing it.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 27th 2009, 6:42 pm

Showing it wouldn't be much of a change though. There isn't a problem with that honestly, but still.
    codeorange

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. GOMM8

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalg10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. White10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange April 28th 2009, 2:41 am

I'm just going to go down a list of what they could do with Tails:

1) Of course, make him a playable character because he hasn't even been playable in some of the recent Sonic games. Now this is something that's being debated right now. Should it just be about Sonic, making him the only playable character? Should his friends be available to use? You need other playable characters because they add variety and depth to the story. I'm sure that gamers want to play as Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, etc. just as much as Sonic in Story Mode.

2) This is a gamble, but have Tails' Story Mode center around some sort of a growing conflict between him and Sonic. We have only seen this in the comics where Sonic and Tails have had opposing views on a topic. Now we know who will be the villain in this new game. Dr. Eggman could and should be involved in this conflict. Think about this. Sonic Team has never used this kind of story for their games; not to my knowledge anyway. I don't suggest to have Sonic and Tails fight, but have them be away from each other and don't let them help each other out. If they want to succeed their own seperate ways, then let them.

3) Focus more on Tails' interests and motivations. What is motivating him? What's driving him to distance himself from Sonic and to get out of Sonic's shadow? Is there anything that might be oppressing him that has nothing to do with Eggman? Does he have a love interest? (I had to ask that, sorry.) Is there something unique and new that he wants to share with his friends that they might not be aware of?

4) Give Tails his signature abilities back. Please. He needs to fly again, and I don't mean by way of the Tornado. He needs to get up and fly to reach the difficult spots in levels. The places that are hard to reach need to be tailor made for something like Tails' flying abilities. It would be a good bonus if he could use his tails as weapons again like in SA1 and SA2. Those tail swipe attacks added a new dimension to his seperate gameplay functions. Sure, Tails may not be the fastest thing alive, but he is still pretty fast, so make up for that decreased speed by giving him more edging/stability or something like that.

More to come if I can come up with anything...
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Imagee10

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalw11Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalg10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Zigzag10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed April 28th 2009, 3:06 am

I'll just post my game idea where I try to make EVERY character somewhat better.

https://sonicommunity.forumotion.com/general-sonic-discussion-f2/create-your-own-sonic-game-t612.htm?highlight=game

If you have to, ignore the Mephiles story and focus on what I've written in gameplay.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 28th 2009, 10:17 am

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:Showing it wouldn't be much of a change though. There isn't a problem with that honestly, but still.
    Yeah, it would. If he's doing the actions offscreen, he can't use them to develop.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 28th 2009, 3:26 pm

codeorange wrote: I'm just going to go down a list of what they could do with Tails:

1) Of course, make him a playable character because he hasn't even been playable in some of the recent Sonic games. Now this is something that's being debated right now. Should it just be about Sonic, making him the only playable character? Should his friends be available to use? You need other playable characters because they add variety and depth to the story. I'm sure that gamers want to play as Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, etc. just as much as Sonic in Story Mode.

I'll be honest and say that in what I consider recent he's been playable plenty but not in the right way. I want to play as Tails while he's platforming and flying around (not like in Next-gen though).

But you bring up a good point. After all if it's just about Sonic and he's the only playable character their going to have to find a way to both incoperate Tails and make him look important as well as a few of the other characters people want to see without overshadowing anyone.

codeorange wrote: 2) This is a gamble, but have Tails' Story Mode center around some sort of a growing conflict between him and Sonic. We have only seen this in the comics where Sonic and Tails have had opposing views on a topic. Now we know who will be the villain in this new game. Dr. Eggman could and should be involved in this conflict. Think about this. Sonic Team has never used this kind of story for their games; not to my knowledge anyway. I don't suggest to have Sonic and Tails fight, but have them be away from each other and don't let them help each other out. If they want to succeed their own seperate ways, then let them.

I completely agree. And since other characters are a given to be there making Sonic and Tails fight probably might just be a good way to make the conflict more noticable as other people are being focused on as well.

codeorange wrote: 3) Focus more on Tails' interests and motivations. What is motivating him? What's driving him to distance himself from Sonic and to get out of Sonic's shadow? Is there anything that might be oppressing him that has nothing to do with Eggman? Does he have a love interest? (I had to ask that, sorry.) Is there something unique and new that he wants to share with his friends that they might not be aware of?

I agree with this too. And likewise it's gotta be done with perfect measure with everyone else.

codeorange wrote:4) Give Tails his signature abilities back. Please. He needs to fly again, and I don't mean by way of the Tornado. He needs to get up and fly to reach the difficult spots in levels. The places that are hard to reach need to be tailor made for something like Tails' flying abilities. It would be a good bonus if he could use his tails as weapons again like in SA1 and SA2. Those tail swipe attacks added a new dimension to his seperate gameplay functions. Sure, Tails may not be the fastest thing alive, but he is still pretty fast, so make up for that decreased speed by giving him more edging/stability or something like that

More to come if I can come up with anything...

I agree again. This is really good.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 28th 2009, 3:27 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:Showing it wouldn't be much of a change though. There isn't a problem with that honestly, but still.
    Yeah, it would. If he's doing the actions offscreen, he can't use them to develop.

Sorry but could you explain that again?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 28th 2009, 6:06 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:

Sorry but could you explain that again?
    The acts I said to help develop him would not develop him if we can't see them in action.
    sykog
    sykog

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Imagee10

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Blackr10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalw11Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalg10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Zigzag10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog May 5th 2009, 8:58 pm

Have him actually fight or something is all.
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalw11Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medalg10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Zigzag10Any Sonic fans? Tails version. Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great January 1st 2010, 6:03 pm

Make him an integral part of the story, where others rely on him. At least, for parts of the game. Have him be independent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content