Baku
Independence76
Zez
12 posters

The human characters

Zez
    Zez

The human characters VOZLn

The human characters Blackr10The human characters Medalw11The human characters Zigzag10The human characters Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

The human characters Empty The human characters

Post by Zez May 5th 2009, 5:01 am

What did you think about the itneractive humans such as those in SA?

They weren't necessary, buit they were addded for realism, but they got alittle reptitive with their movements.

Thoughts?
    Independence76

The human characters GOMM8

The human characters Medalg10The human characters Medal13

Rep4

The human characters Empty Re: The human characters

Post by Independence76 May 5th 2009, 5:39 am

Annoying.

Also, incredibly dumb citizens.
    Baku
    Baku

The human characters 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Baku May 5th 2009, 5:41 am

ANNOYING RAT CHARACTERZ.

"HOWS IT GOING HE DID THAT AND THIS"

OVER AND OVER. I kill them with a movie, PLZ. They won't stop saying the same crapz over and ova!!
    Pianta
    Pianta

The human characters Imagee10

The human characters Medalw11The human characters Medalg10The human characters White10The human characters Medal13

: Female
     Rep21

Post by Pianta May 5th 2009, 10:02 am

They are fugly.
    codeorange

The human characters Medalg10The human characters White10The human characters Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange May 5th 2009, 2:50 pm

A waste of everyone's time. We don't play Sonic games to see human characters. They shouldn't be mandatory to add. Having human characters is just like adding more and more gimmicks to the franchise. Pointless.
    Phantom
    Phantom

The human characters Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom May 5th 2009, 3:29 pm

The human characters certainly help to show that there is a world that Sonic is trying to save, but they don't exactly add much to the overall game. I like their design in Unleashed (reminiscent of Pixar movies), but interacting with them is useless.

If the hubs are absolutely necessary (I would ditch them entirely), then I would populate them with some more anthro-characters to establish early on that it's not uncommon for a talking hedgehog to be acceptable as someone to save the world. I would also have the characters offering invaluable hints and tips on where the next Zones are and what to do in them. On top of it, I would also see to it that everything you do in the game affects them very deeply (e.g. when Robotnik's robots are on the loose, they're terrified, but your efforts to destroy them and set the place free gives them all hope, freedom from fear, and it will show). I think there's a lot of potential for them to really add something to the game, but it's not there yet.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

The human characters Blackr10The human characters Medalw11The human characters Medalg10The human characters White10The human characters Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 May 5th 2009, 3:41 pm

codeorange wrote:A waste of everyone's time. We don't play Sonic games to see human characters. They shouldn't be mandatory to add. Having human characters is just like adding more and more gimmicks to the franchise. Pointless.

In SA they were pretty much avoidable. Same goes for (even more strongly) in Unleashed as they were just there and the tasks being done weren't required.

If this is just about how you feel about humans in the Sonic series over all then I'd say it's fine to have an opinion but I'll admit that saying something like this sounds extremely over the top. Just having humans in the mix shouldn't be that awful to everyone. I wouldn't understand the reasoning behind such a distaste as everyone makes it out to seem like they're incapable of being interesting or at the very least tolerable.

A mix between all the animal species (including humans) shouldn't be bad at all. It's been happening since the series began in fact with Dr. Eggman's appearance (and no he isn't the exception guys).

On a more home into what codeorange is saying in general the quote "We don't play Sonic games to see human characters" sounds like a forced, over the top, observation. Yes it's completely true but then again the "We" in question also doesn't buy Sonic games to see music tracks scattered all over, emeralds, and Shadow. They buy it to play the Sonic game. Including humans into the story or setting has got nothing to do with the initial reason we buy Sonic games so why mention it there? The principal of all the things I listed and more are pretty much the same. It's all got to do with reason. People buy a Sonic game expecting to play as Sonic and just because they didn't buy it to play as Tails, watch cutscenes, and watch Dr. Eggman laugh doesn't mean those elements should be removed.

I think the humans are fine. The fanbase itself doesn't seem to want to make up their minds on what they want to see more of in Sonic's world anyway. I'd love a nice mixture of humans and animals so that neither Sonic or Dr. Eggman come off as completely random. However, with people hating on the humans for the simple fact that they're humans and also hating on the appearance of more animals (often writing them off as new unwanted characters when they're not and then claiming the series has too many of them) it seems like a nice in-between gesture of confusion for all to enjoy.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

The human characters Blackr10The human characters Medalw11The human characters Zigzag10The human characters White10The human characters Medal13The human characters Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 5th 2009, 3:48 pm

I don't really care about the humans all I just want to know is where did Sonic come from in the human world
    Independence76

Rep4

Post by Independence76 May 5th 2009, 4:45 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:I don't really care about the humans all I just want to know is where did Sonic come from in the human world

Computers.

Question asked, answered, and left.
    codeorange

The human characters Medalg10The human characters White10The human characters Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange May 5th 2009, 7:10 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    codeorange wrote:A waste of everyone's time. We don't play Sonic games to see human characters. They shouldn't be mandatory to add. Having human characters is just like adding more and more gimmicks to the franchise. Pointless.

In SA they were pretty much avoidable. Same goes for (even more strongly) in Unleashed as they were just there and the tasks being done weren't required.

If this is just about how you feel about humans in the Sonic series over all then I'd say it's fine to have an opinion but I'll admit that saying something like this sounds extremely over the top. Just having humans in the mix shouldn't be that awful to everyone. I wouldn't understand the reasoning behind such a distaste as everyone makes it out to seem like they're incapable of being interesting or at the very least tolerable.

A mix between all the animal species (including humans) shouldn't be bad at all. It's been happening since the series began in fact with Dr. Eggman's appearance (and no he isn't the exception guys).

On a more home into what codeorange is saying in general the quote "We don't play Sonic games to see human characters" sounds like a forced, over the top, observation. Yes it's completely true but then again the "We" in question also doesn't buy Sonic games to see music tracks scattered all over, emeralds, and Shadow. They buy it to play the Sonic game. Including humans into the story or setting has got nothing to do with the initial reason we buy Sonic games so why mention it there? The principal of all the things I listed and more are pretty much the same. It's all got to do with reason. People buy a Sonic game expecting to play as Sonic and just because they didn't buy it to play as Tails, watch cutscenes, and watch Dr. Eggman laugh doesn't mean those elements should be removed.

I think the humans are fine. The fanbase itself doesn't seem to want to make up their minds on what they want to see more of in Sonic's world anyway. I'd love a nice mixture of humans and animals so that neither Sonic or Dr. Eggman come off as completely random. However, with people hating on the humans for the simple fact that they're humans and also hating on the appearance of more animals (often writing them off as new unwanted characters when they're not and then claiming the series has too many of them) it seems like a nice in-between gesture of confusion for all to enjoy.

^ When you get into this stubborn attitude, it's hard to deal with you. I want you to know that. You are REALLY overreacting to something that I may not have made so clear. My apologies for that, I admit. Still, you have to bare with my thought process and assumption problems as to how I word stuff.

Humans like Dr. Eggman, Professor Pickle and the like do have purpose to the story. The reasons are obvious as they add something to the story. I don't hate the idea of having humans in the main story, but if they don't serve a purpose, then they are pointless and gimmicky, and that's what I hate. Are we clear?

Humans like Elise and Maria shouldn't have as much purpose, while I know that Maria fits into Shadow's backstory, and just about everyone has the same opinion on Elise and how pointless she was. I don't want to see a damsel in distress situation that involves a female human because that clearly doesn't fit into the Sonic universe. Maria, to her credit, serves a purpose, but only to Shadow, and not to everybody. The large amount of emphasis on her in some stories strike me as odd, but it doesn't anger me.

Last edited by codeorange on May 5th 2009, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The human characters ZtZYh

The human characters Blackr10The human characters Medalw11The human characters Zigzag10The human characters White10The human characters Medal13The human characters 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 5th 2009, 7:32 pm

I'm agreeing with Phantom.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

The human characters Blackr10The human characters Medalw11The human characters Medalg10The human characters White10The human characters Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 May 5th 2009, 8:24 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

codeorange wrote:^ When you get into this stubborn attitude, it's hard to deal with you. I want you to know that. You are REALLY overreacting to something that I may not have made so clear. My apologies for that, I admit. Still, you have to bare with my thought process and assumption problems as to how I word stuff.

You're the one overreacting and taking what I say too seriously. I didn't attack you or heavily scorn what you said at all. I had an opinion and disagreed with yours. Why is it that you always feel threatened when I respond to your posts with an indifference? This has nothing to do with being stubborn. You're seeing it that way ONLY because I'm descriptivly disageeing with you. And then you outright insult me by referring to simply replying to my comment as "dealing" with me. Don't give yourself such a high ego by doing that. It heavily makes yourself look like a jerk when I have to read such distastful nonsense.

I didn't call you out personally on anything so don't do it to me. Show me the respect I'm trying to show you for once.

codeorange wrote: Humans like Dr. Eggman, Professor Pickle and the like do have purpose to the story. The reasons are obvious as they add something to the story. I don't hate the idea of having humans in the main story, but if they don't serve a purpose, then they are pointless and gimmicky, and that's what I hate. Are we clear?

I would've hoped that you would've gathered that I didn't refer to what you said until I mentioned you name later on. I wasn't saying that only you thought this way. It was directed at the majority of people who believe humans are untolerable menaces to the series. Other then that I still see no reason why including them in would be a bad thing. If they're just there and you have a choice of whether or not you wish to associate with them then what's the problem? Surely you believe there is a way for this to happen right?

codeorange wrote: Humans like Elise and Maria shouldn't have as much purpose, while I know that Maria fits into Shadow's backstory, and just about everyone has the same opinion on Elise and how pointless she was. I don't want to see a damsel in distress situation that involves a female human because that clearly doesn't fit into the Sonic universe. Maria, to her credit, serves a purpose, but only to Shadow, and not to everybody. The large amount of emphasis on her in some stories strike me as odd, but it doesn't anger me.

I find this a bit contradictory to what you say about Eggman and Pickle. Maria seems pointless too you except when it comes to Shadow. The way I see it if there is an exception at all the pointlessness is null and void. Second of all this isn't even true in the long shot. Maria gave Shadow the incentive he needed to save the world. It wouldn't be right to discredit the planet still being there because of her words and Shadow's following actions. It's not gimmicky at all when it comes to this.

The same goes for Elise when we consider the whole flames of disaster fiasco. I shouldn't even have to explain this as it should be quite clear what the importance was.

We can't discredit it by saying that the story didn't have to go that way and Elise could've easily been written out so that the flames were sealed somewhere else or whatever. Sure it could've worked that way but the fact is that it didn't and she's important to the story based on what took place.

It's also similar to saying Dr. Eggman and Professor Pickle could easily be replaced with something as well to fit the story that was being presented or maybe even removed entirly. But in these cases I don't like to look at the "what if" more so as the "what happened". And I'm not accusing you of thinking that you were planning to discredit it either.
    sykog
    sykog

The human characters Blackr10The human characters Medalw11The human characters Medalg10The human characters Zigzag10The human characters Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog May 5th 2009, 8:28 pm

I don't pay much attention to them. They aren't a nuisance, but they aren't really exciting either.
    Zez
    Zez

The human characters Blackr10The human characters Medalw11The human characters Zigzag10The human characters Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez May 6th 2009, 2:07 am

I hate where they give the same response over and over again until you complete a mission. It shouold be where they have like a dozen responses per mission. A little variety.
    Sonic Fan
    Sonic Fan

The human characters Medal13

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sonic Fan June 29th 2009, 1:00 pm

All the humans in the games are annoying, Sonic games don't need realism! so there's no need to add humans, why can't SEGA realize this... It's the long human cutscenes in Sonic Unleashed which stop me from playing, I don't have time to be looking for clues from people to get onto another level.
    Independence76

Rep4

Post by Independence76 June 29th 2009, 1:02 pm

Sonic Fan wrote:All the humans in the games are annoying, Sonic games don't need realism! so there's no need to add humans, why can't SEGA realize this... It's the long human cutscenes in Sonic Unleashed which stop me from playing, I don't have time to be looking for clues from people to get onto another level.

Becomes humans are flawed, real or fake, therefore plots are easier to make.

Not to mention, Eggman is (probably)human. If you have one human existing, there has to be more.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

The human characters Medalw11The human characters Zigzag10The human characters White10The human characters Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern June 29th 2009, 1:13 pm

the only humans that are needed somewhat is the military

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content