9 posters

[Suggestion] Overstaffed

Perfect Khaos

[Suggestion] Overstaffed WFmvl

Rep0

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Empty [Suggestion] Overstaffed

Post by Perfect Khaos May 13th 2009, 4:00 am

Prepare yourself.

Okay, so this site is drastically overstaffed. 9 users are official staff members? WAY unnessecary.

[Zezima is not on the list, because, well obviously his title; meaning he is the founder]

Admins

Miles24 ~ Okay, this guy is a real swell user and poster, but it seems unnessecary that this guy is an Admin. He extremely fits the profile for being a Moderator. he would be absolutely perfect for the job. But as an Admin? Sure he may be a good member and deserves recognition, but he doesn't need Admin abilities.

Deserves it?

Admin: No Mod: Yes

sykog77 ~ Okay, so I really do not understand why he deserves to be an Administrator. Sure, he may be dedicated and interested in this site, but is he really that responsible? I do not mean he'll tear this place up, I mean he doesn't understand some common words and so on, is he really fit for the job?

Deserves it?

Admin: No Mod: No

Hyper The Hedgehog ~ According to his post history he left for weeks, and as soon as he comes back he gets promoted again? What is with the system? I do not believe he deserves to be an Admin. He may have made serious contributions, but it seems to me and my lurking abilities that he does not seem necessary to have as an Admin. Mod? Maybe, but I'm saying probably not.

Deserves it?

Admin: No Mod: Unsure

The Freedom Fighter ~ Now here is a guy worthy of being an Admin. I clicked his signature, he runs his own site, he is helpful and courteous on here, and know what it takes and how to behave appropriately and when to be slightly silly. He is extremely fit to be an Admin.

Deserves it?

Admin: Yes Mod: No

Moderators

Way too many.

codeorange ~ He is an excellent user and well suited to his position. He is very thoughtful, insightful, and deserves it by all means.

Deserves it?

Crystal Chaotix 3 ~ This guy soothed CoolerThanYou68. How can credentials be any better than that?

Deserves it?

Roterblitz ~ He is a good source of information and actually moderates. He is also a great user.

Deserves it?

XNinjaRed ~ This guy right here I am so unsure about. Sure he made serious contributions and he may be the greatest topic creator since SupaSEGA, but does he really need to be a Mod? I'm all for recognition of great acts of contribution, but he doesn't really seem to actually do anything about Moderating itself. He never participates when there is some sort of rule being broken.

Deserves it?
    Admin: No Mod: unsure

SupaSEGA ~ Excellent well rounded user. One of the greatest Topic creators, and this guy takes his moderating seriously, but.. Moderately. How eloquently done. Bravo for this user here. He deserves it and then some. Maybe even an Admin position for this fella?

Deserves it?

Admin: unsure Mod: Yes

Other users to consider

Ringtails ~ Are you serious? How is this guy NOT a Mod? He actually moderates these forums when he has no official duty to do so. He obviously cares about this site, and has made major contributions. His posts are thoughtful, insightful, and done in a very humurous way, and MODERATELY! This guy deserves some REAL recognition here. Amazing user.

Deserves it?

To Mods and Admins; if you feel your status threatened in any way by this post, by all means I invite you to debate with m eon why your status should be demoted/promoted. I am not doing this to be a Mod, as I do not wish to become one anyhow.
    Zez
    Zez

[Suggestion] Overstaffed VOZLn

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Blackr10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalw11[Suggestion] Overstaffed Zigzag10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Empty Re: [Suggestion] Overstaffed

Post by Zez May 13th 2009, 4:13 am

Then the roster would be:

Administrators: Zezima and The Freedom Fighter.

Moderators: Roterblitz, codeorange, SupaSEGA, Crystal Chaotix 3 and Ringtails.

We'd still have 7 staff members. You only cut 2 users off of the staff list.
    Zez
    Zez

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Blackr10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalw11[Suggestion] Overstaffed Zigzag10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez May 13th 2009, 4:50 am

Perfect Khaos wrote:Other users to consider

Ringtails ~ Are you serious? How is this guy NOT a Mod? He actually moderates these forums when he has no official duty to do so. He obviously cares about this site, and has made major contributions. His posts are thoughtful, insightful, and done in a very humurous way, and MODERATELY! This guy deserves some REAL recognition here. Amazing user.

Deserves it?

Apparently Ringtails does not want this. Why? I really don't know...
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Imagee10

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Blackr10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalw11[Suggestion] Overstaffed Zigzag10[Suggestion] Overstaffed White10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medal13[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 13th 2009, 5:29 am

Zezima wrote:
    Perfect Khaos wrote:Other users to consider

Deserves it?

Apparently Ringtails does not want this. Why? I really don't know...
    What does everybody see in that guy?
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez May 13th 2009, 5:30 am

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Perfect Khaos wrote:Ringtails ~ Are you serious? How is this guy NOT a Mod? He actually moderates these forums when he has no official duty to do so. He obviously cares about this site, and has made major contributions. His posts are thoughtful, insightful, and done in a very humurous way, and MODERATELY! This guy deserves some REAL recognition here. Amazing user.

You just quoted it.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Blackr10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalw11[Suggestion] Overstaffed Zigzag10[Suggestion] Overstaffed White10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medal13[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 13th 2009, 5:32 am

Zezima wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Perfect Khaos wrote:Ringtails ~ Are you serious? How is this guy NOT a Mod? He actually moderates these forums when he has no official duty to do so. He obviously cares about this site, and has made major contributions. His posts are thoughtful, insightful, and done in a very humurous way, and MODERATELY! This guy deserves some REAL recognition here. Amazing user.

You just quoted it.
    I'm not impressed
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

[Suggestion] Overstaffed ZtZYh

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Blackr10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalw11[Suggestion] Overstaffed Zigzag10[Suggestion] Overstaffed White10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medal13[Suggestion] Overstaffed 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 13th 2009, 11:30 am

Well of course, CrystallizedMephiles. We all know you have different standards. But yeah, just for the record, TSS isn't my forum, I just inherited, just like I inherited the Revolution of Gaming. So I'm admin at two places.
    And yeah, I'm pretty sure Miles and sykog have helped this site in terms of it's internal workings once or twice. I'm not sure, but I think Hyper has done stuff as well. So yeah, you only killed off three admins and possibly added three other mods. So we're back at square one.
    And I personally believe we should have at least this much staff, if not more. This is because of personal experience. A while back, the ROG was attacked by spambots, and I was at school at the time (or busy in some way). Because of this and the rest of the staff being busy, we didn't have anyone there to prevent the damage, and boy was there damage. And then a week later, they hit up TSS. I'm still fixing the mess from that, and back then I was only a mod. So yeah, I always think having plenty of staff is a good thing.
    Miles24
    Miles24

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Blackr10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalw11[Suggestion] Overstaffed White10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medal13[Suggestion] Overstaffed 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 May 13th 2009, 4:19 pm

Although you do make some interesting points, I don't exactly fully agree with everything that you have said. Like The Freedom Fighter mentioned, it is great to have a large number of staff, and seeing that we have a population now of 200 users, the amount of staff that we currently have within the site, is needed to keep the forum under control when needed. This is especially seing the fact we have users from numerous different Time Zones. Although I understand that I should be demoted, but Sykog77 and Hyper The hedgehog have taken part numerous times in maintaining the site. Sykog77 especially tried to bring life back into this web site when it was extremely unpopulated.
    Army
    Army

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Blackr10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalw11[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalg10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Zigzag10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medal13[Suggestion] Overstaffed Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army May 13th 2009, 5:15 pm

I agree with what you said about Hyper. We should wait to see if he would keep his promise to be active.
    sykog
    sykog

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Blackr10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalw11[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalg10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Zigzag10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog May 13th 2009, 8:36 pm

Miles24 wrote:Although you do make some interesting points, I don't exactly fully agree with everything that you have said. Like The Freedom Fighter mentioned, it is great to have a large number of staff, and seeing that we have a population now of 200 users, the amount of staff that we currently have within the site, is needed to keep the forum under control when needed. This is especially seing the fact we have users from numerous different Time Zones. Although I understand that I should be demoted, but Sykog77 and Hyper The hedgehog have taken part numerous times in maintaining the site. Sykog77 especially tried to bring life back into this web site when it was extremely unpopulated.
    But you helped a whole bunch too. You need to be an admin.
    I agree with you and TFF that having many active mods and admins is a good thing. I also understand why you don't want me to be an admin, and I'm fine with that.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

[Suggestion] Overstaffed ZtZYh

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Blackr10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalw11[Suggestion] Overstaffed Zigzag10[Suggestion] Overstaffed White10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medal13[Suggestion] Overstaffed 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 13th 2009, 8:44 pm

Also, they probably have better knowledge of Forumotion than me, so I'd say, since Zezima can be unpredictable at times, having both admins with better experience is a good thing.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez May 17th 2009, 11:51 pm

Surprisingly, XNinjaRed, Miles24 and sykog77 all said they wouldn't really mind losing their status. However, even thought I doubt that, it is surprising.
    sykog
    sykog

[Suggestion] Overstaffed Blackr10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalw11[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medalg10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Zigzag10[Suggestion] Overstaffed Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog May 17th 2009, 11:55 pm

Zezima wrote:Surprisingly, XNinjaRed, Miles24 and sykog77 all said they wouldn't really mind losing their status. However, even thought I doubt that, it is surprising.
    No, I said I don't mind that he thinks I should lose my status. I don't know what I would do without it. :P
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez May 17th 2009, 11:58 pm

I see. Just as I thought. Well with the only ones commenting on it, Miles and Ninja are the only ones who have said they wouldn't mind. The silliez. :P
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez May 18th 2009, 4:05 pm

Hyper the Hedgehog has been demoted by request to member.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix June 1st 2009, 12:20 am

Thanks for the compliments, OP. Greatly appreciated. I agree we are overstaffed a bit, but I don't really think it hurts anything, unless we get like 500 of each, then it gets ridiculous. ;)

I greatly enjoy my job, because I feel like I have something to give to the community, and I feel like I do this place some good. Plus, I'm the main go to guy for SEGA information here. :D

My comment on the admin spot? Would love it, but not because I'm power hungry, because I think I can do greater good with it.
    CoolerThanYou68
    CoolerThanYou68

Rep0

Post by CoolerThanYou68 June 1st 2009, 7:20 am

Perfect Khaos wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 ~ This guy soothed CoolerThanYou68. How can credentials be any better than that?

Deserves it?

So why is he worthy? I don't see why he gets his spot for keeping a member in place.
    :Confusion:
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 1st 2009, 9:02 am

I see no problem with many staff members except the issue of Staff to Member ratio. Besides that, no reason to let anyone else loose.

Robotnik gamma Biolizard wrote:
    Perfect Khaos wrote:

Deserves it?

So why is he worthy? I don't see why he gets his spot for keeping a member in place.

CoolerThanYou68 was flaming extremely. No one could really calm him down except CC3 and Pianta.

Last edited by Zezima on June 1st 2009, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic June 1st 2009, 2:49 pm

Pianta?
    CoolerThanYou68
    CoolerThanYou68

Rep0

Post by CoolerThanYou68 June 1st 2009, 3:30 pm

Zezima wrote:I see no problem with many staff members except the issue of Staff to Member ratio. Besides that, no reason to let anyone else loose.

Robotnik gamma Biolizard wrote:
    Perfect Khaos wrote:

Deserves it?

CoolerThanYou68 was flaming extremely. No one could really calm him down except CC3 and Pianta.
    Really.....How did they calm him down?
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 1st 2009, 3:33 pm

Crystal wasn't phased by it, and sometimes humored him.

like:

"Filthy Jew!"

"Then how can I afford a computer?"

" Laughing "

And he said Pianta was one of the cooler users here.
    CoolerThanYou68
    CoolerThanYou68

Rep0

Post by CoolerThanYou68 June 1st 2009, 3:34 pm

Zezima wrote:Crystal wasn't phased by it, and sometimes humored him.

like:

"Filthy Jew!"

"Then how can I afford a computer?"

" Laughing "

And he said Pianta was one of the cooler users here.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix June 1st 2009, 3:58 pm

I think the comment he made about Jews was the one that set me off.
    CoolerThanYou68
    CoolerThanYou68

Rep0

Post by CoolerThanYou68 June 1st 2009, 4:21 pm

Zezima wrote:
    "Then how can I afford a computer.
    I never said that.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic June 1st 2009, 4:21 pm

You didn't CC3 say that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content