The ancient lands.

3 posters

The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5

Anonymous

The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 Empty The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5

Post by Guest May 20th 2009, 9:48 pm

(The following is a repost of the only two Mly Diaries posts in the third Mly Diaries attempt, followed by a followup entry. Some errors have been fixed.More should come.)

An immensely frightening, all-consuming nothingness was wiped away in an instant. I began to ponder. "What am I? Who am I? What is this odd system of sounds in which my thoughts are coming to me and why do I have comprehension of it? Am I the only thing that exists, or are there other things which I cannot perceive?" That last question led me to another, much more frightening one: "Do I exist?"

I suddenly felt the joyously brisk feeling of the existence about me. I waved my limbs about to get a grasp of my form by feeling the invisible stuff that I now call air brush against it. An incomprehensible blackness faded away, and I could see. I adjusted my eyes, then let them wander to take in the strange new landscape of things other than myself. A deafening silence ended and I could hear. I listened to the various sounds. Suddenly, a sound that I now call a scream cut through them. An incredible numbness left my tongue and I could taste. I enjoyed a peculiar sweet taste in my mouth for a moment. An incomprehensibly dull, nonexistent-seeming, even, smell faded away and I could smell other things. I then turned my attention to the smell, similar to the taste in my mouth, which I enjoyed immensely. It was in front of me, where a bloodied form stood. The form wobbled about for a moment, then collapsed. I recognized this form as something called a man. "Please, no more," he said. "Just kill me already." I was gladdened to grant his wish, and so I thrust my hand into his breast. I pulled him up, then grabbed him by the ch and pulled. His back popped apart and he ripped across the belly. It was not the result I had hoped for -- I wished to split him in half from the heart up -- but it worked. I took a whiff of him, and there was no sense of danger in his smell (Though, I am still unsure as to how I can tell the difference between dangerous smells and nondangerous ones.), so I carefully reached in and ripped the heart from its attached blood vessels. Pulling them out with relative ease, I began to drink. Suddenly, something whizzed past. The sound deafened me, as did the sight blind me. The blindness was more a white one than a black one, and the deafness was punctuated by a ringing noise rather than nothing at all. Thinking quickly, I put my nose in the air. It was a familiar smell. A dangerous smell. I ran away as quickly as I could. Suddenly, something, presumably what whizzed past before, hit me right in the back of the head with tremendous force. The delicious blood I had obtained from the dead man now behind me burst from my mouth. I smelled my own blood mixed with it. I collected myself and ran again. I was bashed with even greater force, this time in the front side of my head. The whitish haze of my slightly returning sight again turned fully black, as did the ringing again return to a deafening nothingness, as did all of my senses return to their original states. In a moment, the all-consuming nothingness was upon me again. I was scared. Or rather, I would've been, had it not been for the all-consuming nothingness robbing me of my capacity for fear. The nothingness was comforting, in a way, albeit equally discomforting. In a way, really, it was everything. It was everything. It was all that I knew, for I could not think to recall my short time of being without it. I do not know why it was. It just was.

The nothingness began to fade away, and I again began to ponder. "Where am I? When am I?" I found these questions odd, for I could not precisely grasp the meaning of "where" and "when."

The numbness of everything began to fade away, and I assumed that the return of my other senses was nigh. I waited, and this assumption was revealed to be accurate. When I caught up with the knowledge rushing in, I saw a cute little thing looking down upon me."Are you okay, mister?" it asked of me. My mind conjured up a seemingly random string of words: "bunny, rabbit, cream, child, girl, carrot." I chose the latter. "Are you a carrot?" I inquired. It let out a funny little noise. I liked the noise. I instantly dubbed it a giggle. "No. Guess again." I felt obliging, so I did, quite a few times: "Child? Girl? Bunny? Cream? Rabbit?" It bobbed its head up and down. I felt the numbness come back, suddenly, but only for a moment. "What does that mean?" I asked immediately afted it subsided. It giggled again. I enjoyed the sound just as much the second time. "It means yes, silly!" In response, I inquired, "To what?" "To all of them." This reply changed my perspective of reality. Theretofore I had assumed that one thing could only be described as one thing. It suddenly made sense, however, that things could fit easily into a number of categories of things.

After processing this realization, I asked her to dismount me. She did, and I rose to my feet. By the time I took note of the fact that I was standing on a heavily slanted surface, I had already slid off it, and consequently fell. I gathered myself and again hopped to my feet. "So, you're a cream?" I inquired. "What's that?" It -- she, rather -- hopped down, and replied with a rather unobvious answer: "It's my name, silly! What's yours, mister?" I felt embarassed for not having one. "I'll think up something randomly," I thought. I began to voice my thoughts a bit too early, and a single syllable escaped my lips. "Mly." I did not wish to fix my error. Mly sounded catchy, clean, all around perfect. I began to cross an odd black strip of terrain behind me with two yellow streaks in the middle. I heard her last comment: "Mister, don't you know that you shouldn't cross a ro--"

Her words stopped suddenly, as did everything else. I felt the all-consuming nothingness again. This time, it really was all-consuming. It to consume me. I felt fear far worse than the fear I had felt in its presence before. Time and space, which I seemed to just be beginning to grasp, were melting in my mental hands. Everything seemed to be gone. The what that I was just beginning to understand, the who I had just made for myself, the other things I perceived, the existence I questioned, I knew it was taking from me forever, despite not being able to sense or know them. I realized that before, I did not comprehend what all-consuming meant. The terror was unbearable. It melted me into a blob of a former being, it robbed me of what little logic I had obtained, and even the knowledge that I ever had logic, or even senses. At least, I think it was the terror that did it. I was far too mad in the nothingness to know what force caused what. It could have been the nothingness. It could have even been I in my blindingly chaotic and mad state. Finally the terror itself was consumed by the nothingness, right along with the blob of a former being that was I, and I knew the last part of me was gone. In reality, I did not know, for I was not there to know. But an unknowing shell of a nothing silently thought it was no more, somehow.

Through the nothing, the numbness, and the black, a light shone. This light, I believe, was what remained of me. With every passing moment, it grew dimmer. After what seemed like an eternity, it flourished, and I was whole again. The nothing, the black, the numbness, and indeed all of the hell that I was in went away. I was suddenly overwhelmed with feelings of horror at myself. Over and over and over and over, the thoughts tore away at my temporarily restored sanity. "Oh god, what kind of monstrous beast am I? I've completely obliterated so many precious lives! Living, feeling, thinking, breathing creatures, mass-slaughtered by a psychotic killing machine!" I cannot recall why these horrid thoughts entered my mind, nor do I care to learn.

I saw before me, through the blurring caused by tears, a man in a strange red suit. I collapsed to my knees. "Please," I cried out, "Please, whoever you are, end me. I am a horrible creature. I do not deserve life. I do not deserve to be." Due to my distraughtness, I could not at the time decipher what the man said, but in retrospect I believe it to be something including the phrase "backup cache." He went around me and began tinkering in the back of my head. Or, at least, I think that's what he did. I fell over on my face, and was far too busy sobbing and shaking uncontrollably at the thought of what a horrible being I am to take much note of other's actions. Suddenly, the incredible self-loathing ended. I was still crying and shaking, and remained in such a state for several minutes. Through tears, I suddenly recalled another time of sadness, though only slight and short: a small, lone tear scampering down my cheek in my first moments of life, when I ripped that stranger in half.

The strange man pulled me to my feet. "Come with me," he demanded. Though I felt a bit offended at his rudeness, I agreed to follow. He led me into a rather fancy room, and sat down. I mimicked his actions. "Now then...I'm sorry, I don't know your name. What do you call yourself?" I replied shortly and swiftly, remembering what I had told Cream: "Mly." He continued: "Interesting. Now, what do you remember?"

"Well...First, I started thinking, feeling, smelling, tasting, seeing, and hearing. Then I ripped someone in half and was beaten by a white light. After that, I found some rabbit-thing named Cream mounted on top of me. I fell off of a slanted surface and walked into the middle of a black strip. Then things got very odd and crazy. Then I felt a horrible feeling and someone --I think it was you -- did something to make it stop. After that, you told me to follow you and brought me in here. We sat down, and I startred saying 'Well...First, I started--"

He interjected. "That's quite enough."
    Anonymous

The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 Empty Re: The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5

Post by Guest June 18th 2009, 7:25 pm

The man continued: "I am doctor Ivo Robotnik, sometimes referred to as Eggman. I would like to perform some tests on you, Mly." I refused. "Very well," he replied, "if you won't comply willingly, I'll have to force you to be subjected to my tests. Guards! Get him!" Suddenly, some strange mechanism came up to me and swiped at my head, with much strength. I again felt the nothingness.

Much later, I finally snapped out of it, to find myself laying face-down on a strange metallic surface. I attempted to squirm out, but it was futile. It was then that I noticed Ivo was coming in. He began to carefully examine me. His verbal notes were as follows:

"Subject Mly appears human at first glance."

"Appearance: Tall stature, extremely pale white skin, red hair, form much like annorexic woman, save for lack of visible bones, breasts and female genitalia. In fact, no genitals are present, though subject claims to be male. Previous conversations with subject show that its voice is very deep, sounds like several voices speaking in unison, and echoes erratically."

"Subject will bruise, bleed, et cetera. Continued damage, no matter how great, seems to have no effect on mental state. Subject continues to converse with the nurses and I at the level of an eighty-year-old with no mental afflictions or mental deterioration despite losing well over ten times as much blood as the average human body holds. Subject seems to bleed heavily regardless of where and in what way he is harmed. Wounds will almost always heal in a minute exactly, if not less, upon which bleeding stops. Blood seems to almost always disappear completely exactly two minutes after wound from which it came has healed. Subject claims that he/she/it enjoys the feeling of pain."

"Attempts to pierce through skin entirely have failed. Bottom layer of skin appears to be completely impiercable. Testing can not possibly continue. Will put subject into holding cell now."

He did as he said he would, and put me in a holding cell. I began to wait. Much time passed, and things got dark. A strange, furry bipedal thing, between a half and a third of my height, with wayward red-striped quills and a tuft of white hair on its chest came out of nowhere. "The doctor plans to do horrible things with you! Run now!" it said, in a dark, raspy voice before breaking a large hole in the door, presumably to allow my freedom.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest July 20th 2009, 3:45 am

Words of red flashed across my vision: "Ultimate life scan incomplete." I attempted to fit through the hole, which seemed larger than it was, and failed miserably. It mattered none a few moments after. A field of white surrounded me, and words of red again clouded my vision: "Mly is trapped. Initiating emergency space-time transfer."

(Warning: The following paragraph contains spoilers for Metal Gear Solid 3.)

The white changed shape from a solid blanket over everything to a field of flowers. I saw, in the distance, two people conversing. One was a blond woman, in strange white garb, and the other a tall and pridefully standing man, with somewhat wild brown hair that rolled down into a small beard, also in white, but not so strange, as it was standard issue military camouflage. I could not decipher their words fully, not to mention that I'd forgotten much of it by the time of this writing, but it had something to do with nuclear tests and sexual impotency. That I can recall. They stopped speaking suddenly, and shots were fired. I instinctively ducked, carefully watching their movements through the white flowers. They came near me many a time, and a few of those times, gun parts and clips fell on me, but I managed to avoid their detection. Finally, the lady collapsed in the middle of the field. They again conversed. After a great while of talking, followed by a great while of silence, I heard one final shot. I felt a massive spike in radiation, and I also felt much stronger suddenly. The white flowers suddenly began to turn red, as if red dye were splattered outward from the killed woman in white. The man slowly walked away, and I crawled over cautiously to the dead woman. I saw a faint glitter of light in the bullet hole left in her. I reached in, and felt a cold, hard lump, much too large to be the bullet that killed her. I was overcome with a feeling of power. A bloody red haze consumed me. I could not think of or feel anything but raw power.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest July 24th 2009, 4:53 am

The red slowly faded away. I found, in my right hand, a gem, almost completely dark grey in color, with a very, very slight tinge of red remaining in its center. This, too, went away. I noticed, within myself, an incredible feeling of might, and around me, a highly technological landscape, full of metal panels and shiny buttons. I discarded of the gem, which was beginning to crumble slightly in my grip.

(Warning: the following two paragraphs contains major spoilers for the Sonic Adventure 2 last story.)

I saw a young girl, in blue dress, run in with what seemed like the same short black creature that tried to free me earlier. It was at this moment that words of red again blocked my vision momentarily: "Processing of camouflage data complete. Testing camouflage system." The girl threw the creature on to a white pad in the center of the room, and ran over to a control panel opposite of me. I quickly motioned closer to the little girl, as a strange tube descended down upon the black creature, and saw that she had a bullet hole in her lower right chest, but only for a moment, as she quickly grasped at it, presumably out of pain. I felt a strange feeling from being near her at first, almost as if she was diseased.

"Shadow," she said, "I beg of you....Please, do it for me." Shadow -- I assume that's what the black creature's name is, seeing as that's the name she used when speaking, and other than myself, who she completely ignored, and her, which wouldn't fit the context, the black creature was the only thing in the room I'd imagine to have a name -- interjected simply with "Maria!" The dying Maria continued: "For all the people...on that planet....Shadow, I beg of you....Give them a chance...to be happy!" She pressed a large button on the control panel, and as the pod began its descent, uttered her final words: "Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog." She suddenly went limp, falling onto the console, then slowly sliding off onto the floor, leaving a curved red streak from the bleeding of her wound. Despite her death, I did not feel sorrow. I did, however, feel like I absorbed some part of her. Not her body, most definitely; her body seemed irrelevant at that point. It felt like I had absorbed the most important part of her: the part that thinks and reasons, that special part that actually is her, and not just an extension of her being. In that moment, I came to call that part the soul. I can feel that tiny part of her deep inside of me to this day. But, it just doesn't feel quite right, as if it's missing something. It feels cold and emotionless, not at all like people are.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest July 26th 2009, 2:09 pm

(This one's really short, but the next one will be really, really long and full of deliciously interesting backstory.)

Suddenly, a large group of people rushed in. They carefully looked around. One bumped into me. "Found one, over here." he said. "Has the doc's cloaker on it or something." They surrounded me, and began to drag me off. Suddenly, everything went black, I could feel, see, hear, smell and taste nothing. The red words again spoke to me: "Red super emerald radiation interfering with vital systems. Emergency restart necessary." Once more, I ceased to exist as a chain of thoughts. I was beginning to think that had ended, but apparently not.

Much later, (Well, I believe now that it was much later, but at the time I couldn't think, and it appears that one without the ability to think can't measure time.) I could again think. In my wait to again sense reality, I had far too many questions to count or write down. I could not shake the feeling that answers were within my grasp.

After a great while of pondering, I could once more feel the universe. I awoke to a rather old man, with a rather wild mustache. "Ah, Mly," said he. "Only fitting that I spend my last days with the creature responsible for both my success and my ruination."
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 11th 2009, 4:58 pm

(No, I'm not completely abandoning the plot. There will just be two plots taking turns to unfold.)

I hopped to my feet. "And who are you?" He laughed more heartily than I would think a man his age could laugh. "So, you really have forgotten everything? I am doctor Gerald Robotnik, and I will give you some information about your past..." A smile formed on his face. "For a price, of course." I stared blankly at him, assuming that he would name his price. When it became apparent that he would not, I asked: "I don't follow. What is your price?" He chuckled once more. "What I ask for is simple: I wish to have one more chance to be happy before I die." He was silent and still for a moment, but then he came at me suddenly. I put my arms between myself and him, in an attempt to defend myself, but he just pressed them against me with his body. He closed his eyes, slipping his tongue between my lips. I could feel his soft mustache against my upper lip as he played with my own tongue. I even enjoyed it for a brief moment. But that joy was quickly overrided by a feeling of disgust, and suddenly and without thinking, I pushed him off of me. Stumbling backward, he tripped over a chair and fell to the floor.

Suddenly, I felt a strong disturbance. Countless distressed voices began calling out to me. I realized suddenly that I had never truly awoke. I was asleep all along. Upon this realization, I awoke to the truth of reality.

I stumbled dizzily to my feet, then fell over again. I again worked my way to my feet, and this time stayed upon them. I looked around, and all that I saw, in all directions, were strange creatures. Some were large, but others small. Some were pale, but others colorful. Some had fur, but others hard exoskeletons. Some had hands similar to my own, but others tentacles. Some had eyes of all manner of color, but others merely black dots. My contrasting of their features could not possibly describe the variety of life that stood before me even if I took an immeasurable time to do it. Despite their differences, they had one three things in common: all wept, all bowed, and all prayed, in their innumerable languages, with one voice, to me. I heard their prayers, and I understood. They wanted salvation from an all-consuming enemy: the Xar'ygleshc.

I knew instantly that these lifeforms thought of me as a god. And perhaps I am. But I didn't know how to act the part. I chose my words carefully, and hoped they could all understand me. "Who among you can take me to the Xar'ygleshc?" As I spoke, I could hear my words flowing out gracefully, being somehow heard in every tongue that the creatures prayed to me in, and many, many more. A precious few beings stood, and said in a few different languages simply something to the effect of "I can." My reply, too, was simple: "Do it."
    Modiviver
    Modiviver

The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Modiviver October 18th 2009, 7:11 pm

Nobody gives a s, so stop posting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 18th 2009, 11:17 pm

If you think this is bad, try the My Immortal drinking game. Don't try it with anything alcoholic, as you'd surely die due to your lack of experience. I tried it a while back and had to go to the hospital before making it halfway through, even with my alcohol tolerance. I was lucky to be with a sane person who was only drinking water shots during the challenge.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 VOZLn

The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 Medalw11The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 White10The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 Medal13

: Male
     Rep1

Post by Shadow122 October 19th 2009, 4:36 pm

Yeeeaaah this is strangely pointless, but nonetheless entertaining.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 20th 2009, 12:09 am

It gets much more plot-intense soon, I promise.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 VOZLn

The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 Medalw11The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 White10The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 Medal13

: Male
     Rep1

Post by Shadow122 October 20th 2009, 11:55 am

Hopefully your right <.<
    Zetsubou Billy
    Zetsubou Billy

The Mly Diaries, Attempt #3.5 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Zetsubou Billy October 28th 2009, 10:56 am

So many attempts, yet so many failures...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 28th 2009, 2:53 pm

And what precisely do you think is wrong with it? Not that I care what you think, but I want to see if you had the forethought to come up with some sort of reason, no matter how ridiculous, behind the story's supposed failure.
    Zetsubou Billy
    Zetsubou Billy

Rep0

Post by Zetsubou Billy October 28th 2009, 3:00 pm

You're just mad that you thought people would like this, but nobody really did.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 28th 2009, 3:07 pm

And what proof do you have to offer supporting the supposed dislike of this story? I will accept no ad hominem argument.
    Zetsubou Billy
    Zetsubou Billy

Rep0

Post by Zetsubou Billy October 28th 2009, 3:50 pm

ENOUGH.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 28th 2009, 4:10 pm

On the contrary, I'm just getting started. Now smile for the camera, dear.
    Zetsubou Billy
    Zetsubou Billy

Rep0

Post by Zetsubou Billy October 28th 2009, 4:10 pm

MLY isn't funny.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 28th 2009, 4:11 pm

As previously stated, my sense of humor is entirely irrelevant.
    Zetsubou Billy
    Zetsubou Billy

Rep0

Post by Zetsubou Billy October 28th 2009, 4:23 pm

MLY, how do you highlight and color your name and User Group where it says "Active Users" List On ZetaBoards?
    LSB would find this useful?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 28th 2009, 4:27 pm

You tell LSB to figure it out himself. Furthermore, get out of my thread.
    Zetsubou Billy
    Zetsubou Billy

Rep0

Post by Zetsubou Billy October 28th 2009, 4:28 pm

I'll get out if you tell me. You're not telling LSB, you're telling ME. It'll be luck if he finds out.

Tell me.
    Cause I'm working on my own site.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 28th 2009, 4:37 pm

How about I don't tell you and you get out anyway because of your natural fear of those more intelligent than you?
    Zetsubou Billy
    Zetsubou Billy

Rep0

Post by Zetsubou Billy October 28th 2009, 4:40 pm

Is this the best you can do? I was just asking how you do that stuff.

Man, LSB would type a shitload about how much a obstacle you were but...
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 28th 2009, 4:51 pm

I assure you, Blast was equally, if not more of a thorn in my side.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content