[ 9 ]
    Groups Colors - Page 2 Bar_le1182%Groups Colors - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [82%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Groups Colors - Page 2 Bar_le1118%Groups Colors - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [18%] 

Total Votes: 11
    Army
    Army

Groups Colors - Page 2 VOZLn

Groups Colors - Page 2 Blackr10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalw11Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalg10Groups Colors - Page 2 Zigzag10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medal13Groups Colors - Page 2 Rainbo10

: Male
     Rep2

Groups Colors - Page 2 Empty Re: Groups Colors

Post by Army August 7th 2009, 2:38 pm

Well Zezima also has a point, most users will join now for just the color, instead for what the group is about. Anyone who likes the color red will request to join even if he's an artist.
    Also, it still organized since if your in a group your name stands out more, (BTW zezima or sykog, was it blue or was the name just bold-ed), if someone really would of cared to find out what group your in they would go click on your profile.
    sykog
    sykog

Groups Colors - Page 2 Imagee10

Groups Colors - Page 2 Blackr10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalw11Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalg10Groups Colors - Page 2 Zigzag10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog August 7th 2009, 2:43 pm

Sonic The Armadillo wrote:Well Zezima also has a point, most users will join now for just the color, instead for what the group is about. Anyone who likes the color red will request to join even if he's an artist.
    Also, it still organized since if your in a group your name stands out more, (BTW zezima or sykog, was it blue or was the name just bold-ed), if someone really would of cared to find out what group your in they would go click on your profile.
    But it looks so plain and boring to have the uergroups and not be colored. It just makes them pretty much useless also.
    Army
    Army

Groups Colors - Page 2 Blackr10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalw11Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalg10Groups Colors - Page 2 Zigzag10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medal13Groups Colors - Page 2 Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army August 7th 2009, 2:45 pm

But isn't the point of group just for people who met the qualification can join? Not to have colors sykog? It may be plain or boring but it's still has the meaning there intended to have.
    sykog
    sykog

Groups Colors - Page 2 Blackr10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalw11Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalg10Groups Colors - Page 2 Zigzag10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog August 7th 2009, 2:48 pm

Well if we have the colors taken away the purpose of this topic is useless also. If you look at the votes, clearly the majority of the user want the colors and getting rid of them is just downright stupid to me.
    Army
    Army

Rep2

Post by Army August 7th 2009, 2:51 pm

Yes but the discussion is still on.
    Yes well unless people quit groups for not having colors I don't see really how much they care for it.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog August 7th 2009, 2:52 pm

Sonic The Armadillo wrote:Yes but the discussion is still on.
    Yes well unless people quit groups for not having colors I don't see really how much they care for it.
    Look at the votes and comments. Obliviously they do care.
    Army
    Army

Rep2

Post by Army August 7th 2009, 2:53 pm

Well whatever I still think Colored User Names don't matter.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Groups Colors - Page 2 ZtZYh

Groups Colors - Page 2 Blackr10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalw11Groups Colors - Page 2 Zigzag10Groups Colors - Page 2 White10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medal13Groups Colors - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 7th 2009, 6:00 pm

Sonic The Armadillo wrote:But isn't the point of group just for people who met the qualification can join? Not to have colors sykog? It may be plain or boring but it's still has the meaning there intended to have.
    You just answered the problem. They'll still have to meet those qualifications.
    Sonic The Armadillo wrote:(BTW zezima or sykog, was it blue or was the name just bold-ed)
    Bold last I heard.
    Zez
    Zez

Groups Colors - Page 2 Blackr10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalw11Groups Colors - Page 2 Zigzag10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez August 8th 2009, 4:54 am

I agree with Army. I am still open to any arguments opposing my ideals, as I will not make a decision so soon on such a controversial subject.

Basic arguments I have so far are:

For Colors: It brings a Unique style to the member, and a quick identification of who they are and what group they belong to. Plus, it adds some more variety of color to the site.

Against Colors: It may confuse some who do not fully understand this site yet, and may confuse colored usernames as those with staff. With only Staff Colors different, it is more readily recognizable, and more organized in discriminating a member with no powers, regardless of subscribed group, as opposed to members who actually have abilities, it clears up confusion.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Groups Colors - Page 2 Blackr10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medalw11Groups Colors - Page 2 Zigzag10Groups Colors - Page 2 White10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medal13Groups Colors - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 8th 2009, 10:45 am

They deserve the recognition.
    Anyone who can't understand the colors can easily be brought to speed with the key at the bottom.
    It acts as an extra incentive to join the group.
    To help identify each other.
    And really, if the members of the groups want it, then it would be fair to meet their request.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog August 8th 2009, 12:34 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:They deserve the recognition.
    Anyone who can't understand the colors can easily be brought to speed with the key at the bottom.
    And really, if the members of the groups want it, then it would be fair to meet their request.
    Yes they do. In fact, That is the sole purpose of having a usergroup when you think about it. embers join the groups because they want to be recognized as an artist, a debater, or just some random dude. I am in agreement with everything else TFF said too.
    Army
    Army

Rep2

Post by Army August 8th 2009, 4:56 pm

1. They still get the recognition, just becuse they don't get color doesn't mean they don't get recognition.
    2. Well what about users who first website is this one?
    3. The purpose of a group is to join something you fit in with.
    4. The only really people you have to identify is admins and mods really.
    5. He has a point there
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 8th 2009, 5:29 pm

Sonic The Armadillo wrote:
    1. They still get the recognition, just becuse they don't get color doesn't mean they don't get recognition.
    2. Well what about users who first website is this one?
    3. The purpose of a group is to join something you fit in with.
    4. The only really people you have to identify is admins and mods really.
    5. He has a point there
    1. It gives them more recognition. Rather than being only recognized if you check the group page or their profile.
    2. You tell them.
    3. Exactly, and an incentive to make them want to join that group is a good thing.
    4. And thus they wouldn't be getting the recognition they want/deserve.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

Groups Colors - Page 2 GOMM8

Groups Colors - Page 2 Blackr10Groups Colors - Page 2 Medal13Groups Colors - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep3

Post by Light Dash August 8th 2009, 5:46 pm

Zezima wrote:I agree with Army. I am still open to any arguments opposing my ideals, as I will not make a decision so soon on such a controversial subject.

For Colors: It brings a Unique style to the member, and a quick identification of who they are and what group they belong to. Plus, it adds some more variety of color to the site.

Against Colors: It may confuse some who do not fully understand this site yet, and may confuse colored usernames as those with staff. With only Staff Colors different, it is more readily recognizable, and more organized in discriminating a member with no powers, regardless of subscribed group, as opposed to members who actually have abilities, it clears up confusion.

Well, you'd have to be an idiot to not understand them. But that's just me.
    No, its not easier to tell Staff from your regular members, because purple and white differ from the color blue as any other usergroup color. Also, it's harder to find a fellow Artist, Debator, and/or Randomer.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog August 9th 2009, 1:02 am

Light Dash wrote:
    Zezima wrote:I agree with Army. I am still open to any arguments opposing my ideals, as I will not make a decision so soon on such a controversial subject.

Well, you'd have to be an idiot to not understand them. But that's just me.
    No, its not easier to tell Staff from your regular members, because purple and white differ from the color blue as any other usergroup color. Also, it's harder to find a fellow Artist, Debator, and/or Randomer.
    Yes, how can one be easier to figure out while the other is harder when they use the exact same method? And Armo, all of the points you made are just things you can do just as easily or easier with the colored usergroups.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content