The ancient lands.

3 posters

Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption

Poll

What do you think of Gage Kelso as a character, and of my premise for a short story?

[ 2 ]
    Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Bar_le1167%Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Bar_ri11 [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Bar_le110%Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Bar_ri11 [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Bar_le110%Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Bar_ri11 [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Bar_le1133%Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Bar_ri11 [33%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption GOMM8

Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Medal13

: Female
     Rep0

Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Empty Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption

Post by Ultimate Prower September 24th 2009, 4:48 pm

Gage Kelso.
    A character who exists in many different universes at the same time, although each of his physical forms is unaware of the other's existence.
    This is just to give me freedom to use him in whatever roll I see fit. Usually the part of one who has suffered greatly or is wholly confused, as in the made-up-as-I-go-along beginning to my short story "Despair", where Gage plays an older child who has lost his parents to an organization that invaded his city.

In the short story I plan to begin working on sometime soon, working title: "The Consequence of Mercy", Gage plays an innocent German teenager who was trapped within the basement of a building amidst the battle of Berlin.
    The day after the fighting subsides and the Nazi's surrender, Gage is forced to evade ignorant Russian soldiers intent on killing any German's who did not evacuate Berlin (considering them to be holding ground and not surrendering) while on the lookout for any fellow German survivors as well as his father.
    Along the way he meets a merciful Russian soldier who aids Gage in evading the rest of the Russian company left in Berlin, knowing that his fellow soldiers will shoot Gage if they find him and that he will end up in jail for suposedly "aiding the enemy". And as the merciful soldier well knows, nobody lasts long in the jails of the mortherland. If he is not killed by a fellow convict, he will surely die from the cold.
    But the story takes a shocking twist when Gage makes a startling realization, and at the very end, he ends up murdering the merciful Russian who had risked his life to ensure Gage's safety.

It demonstrates how every benifit is a fault and every victory is a loss, just some are more prominant (sp?) than others.

I also thought it would be interesting if Gage met up with a pack of Jewish boys.
    Also, I'd like to see how it would play out if two squads, one consisting of American Army soldiers and the other of Russians, entered an altercation over what should happen to the German survivors of Berlin, which could later escalate into an aggressive conflict.
    I've been told that the Russians wouldn't brutally hunt down and kill the Germans like I suggest, so I'm making a slight addition to the plot: Gage's father was in possesion of some sensitive Russian military secrets, and has since gone missing, so the KGB is after Gage, assuming his son will know the father's wherabouts.
    Any suggestions to make the Russian's hunting down and killing the Germans who stayed in Berlin logical/accurate would be greatly appreciated.

OPINIONS PLEASE
    Also, I am aware this might not be historically accurate. If it is, please enlighten me as to how, and if possible, suggest a way I could replace it with something that makes sense.

(Example: I'm not entirely sure the Americans were ever in Berlin, never mind occupying it at the same time as the Russians. What is something I could add to cirumnavigate this if it does not add up?)

Last edited by Ultimate Prower on September 24th 2009, 10:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption VOZLn

Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Medalw11Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Zigzag10Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption White10Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Medal13

: Male
     Rep26

Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Empty Re: Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption

Post by Auflodern September 24th 2009, 5:07 pm

why are americans attacking russians?
    I thought the only reason americans went into west berlin was to drop off food and supplies...
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Empty Re: Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption

Post by Ultimate Prower September 24th 2009, 5:13 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:why are americans attacking russians?
    I thought the only reason americans went into west berlin was to drop off food and supplies...
    The Americans were not attacking the Russians. A single American squad and a single Russian squad get into a dispute over what should happen to Gage.
    So, if that was your only reason for deciding you do not like my story premise, please cancel your vote and correct your decision.
    If not, explain your other reasons.
    Please.

Because I am for some reason unable to edit my original post, I will add this here:

I've been told that the Russians wouldn't brutally hunt down and kill the Germans like I suggest, so I'm making a slight addition to the plot: Gage's father was in possesion of some sensitive Russian military secrets, and has since gone missing, so the KGB is after Gage, assuming his son will know the father's wherabouts.
    Any suggestions to make the Russian's hunting down and killing the Germans who stayed in Berlin logical/accurate would be greatly appreciated.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Medalw11Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption White10Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Medal13

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 25th 2009, 10:16 am

It seems like a pretty good story. Alot of the stuff you've added though isn't historically correct considering the fact that Amerca had no squads down in Berlin and the Russians were only there for 'The Cold War'.
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 25th 2009, 2:35 pm

Shadow122 wrote:It seems like a pretty good story. Alot of the stuff you've added though isn't historically correct considering the fact that Amerca had no squads down in Berlin and the Russians were only there for 'The Cold War'.
    I know for a fact that Russians made it to Berlin during WWII.
    As for the Americans in Berlin, I changed to plot to be revolving around a secret-conspiracy-operation-thing that never went public.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Medalw11Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption White10Gage Kelso - The Embodiment of Redemption Medal13

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 25th 2009, 2:43 pm

Oh thats creative and awesome.
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 25th 2009, 2:54 pm

Shadow122 wrote:Oh thats creative and awesome.
    Hah, well, it's not honestly not that creative. As it were; I'm just covering the plot holes with duck tape. A quicky and easy circumnavigation of logic, out of plain nescessity.
    Anyone willing to supply some knowledgeable plywood will be in my debt.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 25th 2009, 3:09 pm

I find it fascinating you can do that though.
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 25th 2009, 3:40 pm

Shadow122 wrote:I find it fascinating you can do that though.
    Coming up with a quick cliche is no amazing feat, my friend.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 25th 2009, 3:45 pm

Heh no reason not to admire it.
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 25th 2009, 5:36 pm

Shadow122 wrote:Heh no reason not to admire it.
    I just don't feel like I deserve to be admired.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 25th 2009, 6:04 pm

Well then I shall not admire you. : ):
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 25th 2009, 6:09 pm

Shadow122 wrote:Well then I shall not admire you. : ):
    No. Love me or die.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 25th 2009, 6:10 pm

Ultimate Prower wrote:
    No. Love me or die.

:O_o: Okay? : ):
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 25th 2009, 6:14 pm

Shadow122 wrote:
    Ultimate Prower wrote:
    No. Love me or die.

*strokes a white Persian cat*
    Yes..... I must admit, Mr. 122, your cooperation was not something I was going to count on, and yet you have supplied me with every bit of information I need. Suffice to say..... you still have to die.
    *pulls lever*

What will happen next?
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 25th 2009, 6:19 pm

Ultimate Prower wrote:
    Shadow122 wrote:
    Ultimate Prower wrote:
    No. Love me or die.

Yes..... I must admit, Mr. 122, your cooperation was not something I was going to count on, and yet you have supplied me with every bit of information I need. Suffice to say..... you still have to die.
    *pulls lever*

What will happen next?

*I fall through a trap door into a dungeon*

What the? Where did she get that cat and when did a lever show up?
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 25th 2009, 6:57 pm

Shadow122 wrote:
    Ultimate Prower wrote:
    Shadow122 wrote:
    Ultimate Prower wrote:
    No. Love me or die.

*pulls lever*

What will happen next?

*I fall through a trap door into a dungeon*

What the? Where did she get that cat and when did a lever show up?
    *I peer down through the hole that led to the dugeon shoot and yell*
    "Why Mr. 122, how naive of you! Mr. Snuffleufagus and my trap door mechanism have been here all along! It just so happens that, shrouded in a vieled of ignorance, you've failed the notice them until it won't do you much good!"
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 25th 2009, 7:24 pm

"Ow"
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 25th 2009, 7:54 pm

*Shadow122 dies*
    *Ultimate Prower gains 15 XP!*
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 25th 2009, 8:13 pm

*Another Shadow122 comes in my place*
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 25th 2009, 8:45 pm

*everyone dies*
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 25th 2009, 9:28 pm

Awkward ending.
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 25th 2009, 9:45 pm

Shadow122 wrote:Awkward ending.
    I cannot hear the words you speak, because you are no longer alive.
    :<_<:
    I shouldn't be talking. I'm dead as well. Huh.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 September 26th 2009, 12:16 am

*Not speaking because I am dead*

So what now?
    Ultimate Prower
    Ultimate Prower

Rep0

Post by Ultimate Prower September 26th 2009, 12:33 am

Now, my friend, we shall present ourself before the white gates of the afterlife.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content