[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions

fantanoice
    fantanoice

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Empty [Suggestion] Forum Descriptions

Post by fantanoice December 16th 2009, 8:46 am

I noticed that very few of the forums on the index have descriptions. This is actually a negative thing, appearance-wise and also makes it confusing to know what topics are meant to go in specific forums.

Perhaps you should consider writing up some descriptions. They don't even need to be majorly long, only a few sentences.

Oh, and hai guys. Remember me? xD
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions VOZLn

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13

: Male
     Rep11

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Empty Re: [Suggestion] Forum Descriptions

Post by Chaos_Overlord December 16th 2009, 10:11 am

...not really
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions ZtZYh

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Blackr10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Zigzag10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions White10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter December 16th 2009, 12:19 pm

Welcome back. Good to see ya again. It;s up to the others though regarding descriptions.
    Erazor
    Erazor

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Imagee10

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Blackr10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalg10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions White10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor December 16th 2009, 12:36 pm

Spoiler:
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Blackr10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Zigzag10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions White10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic December 16th 2009, 2:27 pm

Yeah I remember you
    But as for the descriptions Muffin just don't want them
    Jmh
    Jmh

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions White10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh December 16th 2009, 6:38 pm

I remember you. Welcome back.
    Zez
    Zez

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Blackr10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Zigzag10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez December 16th 2009, 6:39 pm

Let me simply ask this, to everyone. Is there any forums, wherein you read the title, and you know not what it means?
    Jmh
    Jmh

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions White10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh December 16th 2009, 6:43 pm

Zezima wrote:Let me simply ask this, to everyone. Is there any forums, wherein you read the title, and you know not what it means?
    I know what it means.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Blackr10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Zigzag10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions White10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic December 16th 2009, 9:02 pm

Zezima wrote:Let me simply ask this, to everyone. Is there any forums, wherein you read the title, and you know not what it means?
    No
    sykog
    sykog

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Blackr10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalg10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Zigzag10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog December 17th 2009, 2:00 am

The descriptions are pretty straightforward and self explanatory.
    fantanoice
    fantanoice

Rep0

Post by fantanoice December 19th 2009, 5:18 am

Well, you still may be missing the point. Not having them makes it seem like you haven't put much effort or thought into it.

Let me simply ask this, to everyone. Is there any forums, wherein you read the title, and you know not what it means?
    Well, from reading the index I don't know what the 'Store' is. Could be an 'exchange real money' store, a website store, an 'exchange forum money' store. That could certainly do with some elaborating. <_< And don't use the 'look in the forum' excuse, because it's obvious that a member looking at the index shouldn't have to.

Also, the 'Random' forum is misleading. It could a 'general discussion' section, or even a 'spam' section.
    Zez
    Zez

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Blackr10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Zigzag10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez December 19th 2009, 5:29 am

Solution: Guide to TSC topic that explains it all.
    fantanoice
    fantanoice

Rep0

Post by fantanoice December 19th 2009, 5:36 am

Zezima wrote:Solution: Guide to TSC topic that explains it all.

And don't use the 'look in the forum' excuse, because it's obvious that a member looking at the index shouldn't have to.

*Facepalm* So instead of making it quick and simple, you'd rather complicate it by forcing people to look at the topic? Can't you see the problem there?
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez December 19th 2009, 5:39 am

...By renaming the high-most forum on the index- Community Rules to something more obvious, such as Community Guide, or Read Before Posting, or Welcome, or something that makes it obvious they should read there. If none of those make sense, the topic could be in New Member, where every new member could read it. If neither of those work well, I could simply make a button in the nav bar saying Guide, Welcome, or How To Use.
    fantanoice
    fantanoice

Rep0

Post by fantanoice December 19th 2009, 5:42 am

I don't mean renaming the forum names. They're fine. I meant adding a description (a couple of sentences which go below the forum name).
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez December 19th 2009, 5:50 am

I understand that. I presented a few alternatives that may be a compromise to the members. No description under the forums, but some conceptual places where they could go that is easily accessible to members, and I was asking your opinion of them.
    Shadow Dude 64
    Shadow Dude 64

Rep3

Post by Shadow Dude 64 December 19th 2009, 6:45 am

I think forum descriptions would be a good idea seeing as new members would be able to find there way around easier.
    Erazor
    Erazor

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Blackr10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalg10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions White10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor December 19th 2009, 2:43 pm

Shadow Dude 64 wrote:I think forum descriptions would be a good idea seeing as new members would be able to find there way around easier.
    If you don't gather that a forum titled "General Gaming" is about General Gaming or that a whole section titled "Sonic" is about Sonic then you probably shouldn't be on the internet at all. What would you write anyway? "Talk about Sonic games/fan art/characters."? Wow. I'm glad we've got those instructions to clearly define which forum is which. Those titles are way too vague.
    sykog
    sykog

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Blackr10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalw11[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medalg10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Zigzag10[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog December 21st 2009, 10:21 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Shadow Dude 64 wrote:I think forum descriptions would be a good idea seeing as new members would be able to find there way around easier.
    If you don't gather that a forum titled "General Gaming" is about General Gaming or that a whole section titled "Sonic" is about Sonic then you probably shouldn't be on the internet at all. What would you write anyway? "Talk about Sonic games/fan art/characters."? Wow. I'm glad we've got those instructions to clearly define which forum is which. Those titles are way too vague.
    Yush, I'm in agreement 'ere.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez December 21st 2009, 11:00 pm

Apparently, the only forums that aren't defined are Random and Store.
    Shadow Dude 64
    Shadow Dude 64

Rep3

Post by Shadow Dude 64 December 22nd 2009, 8:11 am

Erazor wrote:
    Well you must be stupid not to not know what General gaming or Sonic is about but for some things like Zez said the Store & Random.
    FelixMargarita
    FelixMargarita

[Suggestion] Forum Descriptions Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by FelixMargarita December 22nd 2009, 9:51 am

Perhaps adding forum descriptions would add a level of easier user accessibility? While I agree that they are a bit redundant, there's always someone or a group of someones who need to have things defined a bit more clearly. That and they may be more likely to follow the rules of the forums if there's a description on the forum.

Just my ¢.2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content