Striker Cup: The Lockers

Mario94
    Mario94

Striker Cup: The Lockers 3qll2

: Male
     Rep4

Striker Cup: The Lockers Empty Striker Cup: The Lockers

Post by Mario94 December 30th 2009, 10:50 pm

The Striker Cup tournament. A gathering of 10 teams comprised of a captain, three sidekicks, and a goalie, all hoping to get a shot at the title of Striker Cup champion.

For those who don't know how the Striker Cup will work, here are the rules:

-10 teams enter the tournament and compete in a round-robin qualifier, where each team must take on all other teams, which will result in each team playing 9 games.

-At the end of the qualifier, the top 8 teams move on to the playoffs. Ties in records are first determined by goals scored. If goals don't break the tie, then the head-to-head (result when the tied teams played each other) will since there no games end in a tie. If the tie is between three or more teams, then goals scored in games against tied teams are considered first, then head-to-head for whoever is left tied if there are still tied teams. With an odd number of teams, it is possible that this will still not break the tie. In that case, a preliminary playoff will decide seeding if all tied teams will get in or who makes the cut if not all tied teams will get in. Remember: goals first, then head-to-head.

-Playoff teams are seeded and paired up in the first round by their rank at the end of the qualifier. The playoff is single-elimination

-Once the playoff winner is determined, they will go to the Striker Cup Championship against the current Cup champion, which in this case is Petey Piranha, in a best-of-3 series for the title.

Sound confusing? Don't worry; it'll all clear up when the time comes. Now, the story begins:

Round 1, 1st Match-Wario vs Waluigi @ The Underground

3:50 PM-Wario's Locker Room

"C'mon, get stretchin'! We've only got 10 minutes before the match, and we're opening the season!" Wario shouted at his team as he reached for his Twinkie.

"How come you ain't strechin' with us, Wario?" Hammer Bro asked.

"I'm already warmed up," Wario retorted.

"Yeah, because the Twinkie is the instant warm-up snack of champions," Dry Bones piped up, sarcastically, triggering snickers from the other four.

"Hey, I need the calories! I have a fast metabolism!"

"Yeah?" Toad said from the side. "Then what's with the keg where your stomach should be, Mr. Fast Metabolism?"

"Shut up and stretch!" Wario demanded.

"Make us, fatass," his goalie, Mark, challenged.

"Just stretch like I told you to, or my fat a will be on your small skull!"

"Ooh, I'm Wario," Hammer Bro imitated the irate captain in a low tone, "and I slave-drive my team while my a grows! I threaten them with it all the time, but can't even lift it off the ground!" The whole team, except Wario, burst into laughter as the steamed captain stood, enraged. Then, the door opened.

"Five minutes until match time."

"You heard 'em, get to the field! I'll take the elevator for my debut drop-in!" Wario boasted.

"Okay,” Toad added, "just don't overload the Richter scale!" His last joke set off more laughs as they walked down to the pitch.

I'll get them someway. I'll get 'em back soon...AHA! I've got it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3:50 PM-Waluigi's Locker Room

"Hey, give that back!" Shy Guy shouted in a muffled voice. "I need my mask back!"

"You gotta get me fast," Hammer Bro said, "or I'll just put you into the ground again."

"This ain't funny! I really need it back now!"

"Hey, pass it over here!" Dry Bones shouted. The two played keep-away for two minutes before Shy Guy pulled out a Bullet Bill cannon.

"Now, I think we're getting to an understanding. Either you give me my mask, or Bill here goes up your a. So, what'll it be, fellas?"
    Dry Bones quickly tossed the mask over. Shy Guy equipped it, then put away the cannon.

"Much better," he said in a clearer voice.

"Don't you get any ideas," he said, pointing at Dan, their goaltender.

"Aw, come on! You just gave it to him because of a threat!?" Waluigi blurted.

"I have a real Bullet Bill in here,” Shy Guy threatened. “You wanna see for yourself, captain?"

"No thanks, short stack. Now get back to preparing! We face Wario in-"

"Five minutes," the guard by the door stated.

"Alright. Let's get to the field!" Waluigi announced. "Move it, or my thorned whip will make you pick up your feet a little more!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4:00 PM-The Underground

"Welcome, one and all, to the Underground for the first match of the Striker Cup 2010 season! We've got another great season ahead of us, so enjoy today's rivalry match between Wario," the commentator bellowed as he dropped in...on his Dry Bones.

"Hey, what the hell, Wario? Not cool, man!" Dry Bones raged.

"Well, it wasn't cool or funny when you defied me!" Wario shouted back.

"...and Waluigi!" Waluigi also fell in, but without intent on hitting a sidekick.

"Get up, Bones! Match's startin'!" Wario whispered to his heap of a sidekick.

"And there's the horn to start the match!"

0:25(count-up from start)

"Mark, Wario's goaltender, passes it to Bones, and it's carried to Toad, Skillshot! Tenderized hands will make it tough on Dan! To Wario, and he one-times the shot! Goalie knocked back, rebound, and GOAL! A quick heads-up play from a man who doesn't think much, and it scores!"

"I heard that!" Wario yelled from the field.

"Alright, who left the PA on?" the commentator demanded.

Wario leads 1-0; 0:33; First goal of the match

1:10

"Wario charges up for a shot, but Waluigi's Dry Bones will take it, runs down, Skillshot! Leaves Mark electrified, rebounds and GOAL! The usual method of scoring goes well again, and this match is tied!"

Tied 1-1; 1:20; Equalizer goal

1:56

"Wario's Bones runs the ball down, charges, and is nailed to the electric barrier! Waluigi drives, to Hammer Bro, and a Skillshot! Looks to be close enough, it is, and it's Easy Street to the goal! A great counterattack, and Waluigi will nab the lead!"

Waluigi leads 2-1; 2:03; Puts Waluigi in the lead

2:23

"Shy Guy for Waluigi will drive up-field, pass to Hammer Bro, charges, and passed to Waluigi, who dekes it past on a warp dodge and goes right in! GOAL! Waluigi's disappearing act will earn him a 2 point lead!"

Waluigi leads 3-1; 2:31; Goal #1 for Waluigi

2:41

"Wario takes a Captain Powerup! He forms a methane cloud around him, and will Megastrike! He flies up, and shoots out a series of 5 heading down at 96 MPH! Dan blocks one, two, misses one, two, and three! Wario reclaims the lead with only 10 seconds left with a 3 for 5 Megastrike!"

Wario leads 4-3; 2:50; Wario nets 3 Megastrike goals!

"Waluigi uses his Powerup as retaliation! He blocks off everyone else and Megastrikes! He soars into the air and will give a whiplash at the ball! He fires 6 at 102 MPH! Mark will block one, two, misses the third one, blocks the fourth, fifth, and misses the last one! Waluigi gets the lead with even less time on the clock!"

Waluigi leads 5-4; 2:57; Waluigi nets 2 Megastrike goals!

"Wario tries one last run. Passes to Hammer Bro, charges up, fires, clock runs out, and Dan saves the shot and ends the game! Waluigi wins the season premiere 5-4 with a clutch pair of goals with seconds left. See you next time."

Waluigi wins 5-4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4:15 PM-Wario's Locker Room

"Dammit, Mark, you missed 2 shots! He got the lead and the game because you couldn't focus long enough to get all 6!" Wario blasted at the rattled goalie.

"Hey, lay off him!" Dry Bones came in. "You missed chances to win, too. You can't blame Mark for our loss."

"...You know what? You're right. We did have opportunities on offense, like your Skillshot that was wasted and countered for a goal! You let Waluigi take the ball when you could've easily scored!"

"Hey, shut up, both of you!" Hammer Bro bellowed. "Give it a break, already. We lost. We had chances to win, but we still lost. Shut up about it."

"...It's still your fault!" Wario continued.

"Hey, don't be putting this whole rap on me, fatass!" Bones responded.

4:15 PM-Waluigi's Locker Room

"We did enough to win," Waluigi announced. "But enough today might not be enough down the stretch. You, Shy Guy! You had a chance to score on the Skillshot rebound! And you, Hammer Bro, you need to start your shot faster! Next time, you might get pounded and lose a chance! And as for defense, Dan, you can't allow 3 out of 5! You're fortunate that my 2 for 6 Strike saved us from defeat. You guys better pick up the slack, or the only thing I'll be picking up is your bloodied remains! Now finish packing up and let's get out before I decide to whip you out of here!"

NEXT MATCH: Luigi vs Bowser, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to give your opinion.