Auflodern
XNinjaRed
Zez
10 posters

Mary-Sue Test

Zez
    Zez

Mary-Sue Test VOZLn

Mary-Sue Test Blackr10Mary-Sue Test Medalw11Mary-Sue Test Zigzag10Mary-Sue Test Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

Mary-Sue Test Empty Mary-Sue Test

Post by Zez December 31st 2009, 2:08 am

On a scale of 0-78, 78 being unoriginal, and 0 being very original, this Mary-Sue Test will help determine how original your character is. How original is my character?

My Fan Character scored an 11.

Last edited by Zezima on April 29th 2010, 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Mary-Sue Test Imagee10

Mary-Sue Test Medalw11Mary-Sue Test Medalg10Mary-Sue Test Zigzag10Mary-Sue Test Medal13

Rep4

Mary-Sue Test Empty Re: Mary-Sue Test

Post by XNinjaRed December 31st 2009, 9:47 am

Site doesn't seem to work for me.
    Hmmm...
    Well either way, there are lots of Mary Sue tests around the web.
    Some more accurate the others though.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Mary-Sue Test VOZLn

Mary-Sue Test Medalw11Mary-Sue Test Zigzag10Mary-Sue Test White10Mary-Sue Test Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern December 31st 2009, 10:55 am

Most of my characters are refinements of ideas I have seen and somehow I scored a 10

this test is broken
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Mary-Sue Test VOZLn

Mary-Sue Test Medalw11Mary-Sue Test Medal13

: Female
     Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo December 31st 2009, 2:09 pm

Oh my God! I got like 119 when I tested for Ash! But the thing is, a lot of those questions were just yes or no and she is not like that. Since she used to be a neuteral, she has a lot of sometimes and maybes. I hate that site. So yeah, a lot of people may think that my characters are no where near original, but they are and they're great in stories and stuff. See, the true test is if your character can take a yes or no test. Someone with a true character will not fit into yes or no, because their character has their own story. That website is broken, and I know it.
    FelixMargarita
    FelixMargarita

Mary-Sue Test Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by FelixMargarita December 31st 2009, 2:53 pm

A Mary-Sue character is when the author inflects their own personality, interests, and desires. This test is more-so about seeing if your character is a Mary-Sue than if it is original. This test is accurate, I can account for that, and if you are not happy with the results then perhaps you should go back to the drawing board for your character - or ask other authors! It never hurts to get some outside help on a story or character.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Mary-Sue Test VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo December 31st 2009, 3:02 pm

FelixMargarita wrote:A Mary-Sue character is when the author inflects their own personality, interests, and desires. This test is more-so about seeing if your character is a Mary-Sue than if it is original. This test is accurate, I can account for that, and if you are not happy with the results then perhaps you should go back to the drawing board for your character - or ask other authors! It never hurts to get some outside help on a story or character.

Look, I've had my character for almost two years. Don't tell me to go back to the drawing board.
    FelixMargarita
    FelixMargarita

Mary-Sue Test Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by FelixMargarita December 31st 2009, 3:22 pm

Ash The Hedgehog wrote:
    FelixMargarita wrote:A Mary-Sue character is when the author inflects their own personality, interests, and desires. This test is more-so about seeing if your character is a Mary-Sue than if it is original. This test is accurate, I can account for that, and if you are not happy with the results then perhaps you should go back to the drawing board for your character - or ask other authors! It never hurts to get some outside help on a story or character.

Look, I've had my character for almost two years. Don't tell me to go back to the drawing board.

I wasn't telling you anything. Take from this test what you want - it's up to you as to whether you feel it applies or not. There's no need to be defensive.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Mary-Sue Test VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo December 31st 2009, 3:29 pm

Sorry, I get kind of territorial and stuff like that...I just think that test is wrong. I just think if you don't fit into multiple choice, and need your own short answer, that's a good sign. I mean, if you were to take a test about yourself, wouldn't you rather fill in the blanks?
    FelixMargarita
    FelixMargarita

Mary-Sue Test Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by FelixMargarita December 31st 2009, 3:33 pm

Ash The Hedgehog wrote:Sorry, I get kind of territorial and stuff like that...I just think that test is wrong. I just think if you don't fit into multiple choice, and need your own short answer, that's a good sign. I mean, if you were to take a test about yourself, wouldn't you rather fill in the blanks?

It's okay - our characters, Mary-Sue or not, are a great part of ourselves as writers. We'd defend them just as we would defend ourselves. This test is mostly about black and whites when it comes to what is and what is not a Mary-Sue. However, sometimes there are gray spots where the entire picture cannot be portrayed accurately just with this test. I'm sorry if you had your feelings hurt or if you feel like this test has insulted in you in some way, that is not what was intended.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Mary-Sue Test Imagee10

Mary-Sue Test White10Mary-Sue Test Medalg10Mary-Sue Test Medal13Mary-Sue Test Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz January 23rd 2010, 11:27 am

I got a 26 for Blade, 23 for Gareth, 24 for Nathan, and 23 for Kiera. It's not THAT bad.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Mary-Sue Test Imagee10

Mary-Sue Test White10Mary-Sue Test Medalg10Mary-Sue Test Medal13Mary-Sue Test Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz January 23rd 2010, 11:29 am

Ash The Hedgehog wrote:

I've had mine for bout 6, you don't see me whining about my high score.
    Sketch Style
    Sketch Style

Mary-Sue Test GOMM8

Rep2

Post by Sketch Style January 23rd 2010, 1:39 pm

DAMMIT!

40 for Rolland. I'd probably get the same for Sahara. Meh, oh well; I don't give a s.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Mary-Sue Test VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 January 31st 2010, 5:05 pm

I got a 43 originally, but then I checked it over, and got a 35.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Mary-Sue Test Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy February 1st 2010, 8:16 pm

Torvela got 9, but that's the only one I've tested so far. I'd need to see how someone like Gnatalie or Kieron held up, really.
    Zez
    Zez

Mary-Sue Test VOZLn

Mary-Sue Test Blackr10Mary-Sue Test Medalw11Mary-Sue Test Zigzag10Mary-Sue Test Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez February 1st 2010, 8:22 pm

A 9? That's almost a record. I believe FelixMargarita got an 8. Your character is probably pretty original.
    RPG2692
    RPG2692

Mary-Sue Test WFmvl

Rep0

Post by RPG2692 February 7th 2010, 6:40 pm

My character, Oswald, got about 9. And I swear, I was expecting it to be a higher score in this quiz xDDD
    Zez
    Zez

Mary-Sue Test VOZLn

Rep24

Post by Zez February 7th 2010, 6:46 pm

The lower the score the better. The record is 8 or 9, I think.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Mary-Sue Test Imagee10

Mary-Sue Test Medalw11Mary-Sue Test Medalg10Mary-Sue Test Zigzag10Mary-Sue Test Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed February 8th 2010, 4:11 am

You know, as much as I hate Mary Sues, I have to say a skillful writer isn't necessarily one who DOESN'T write Mary Sues.

Lot's of skilled writers have written Mary Sues.
    What makes them skilled writers is making them WORK.

For example, Joker of Dark Knight is basically the definition of a Villain Sue. Yet they made it work by great writing.
    Also, the less Mary Sue Points does not necessarily mean better. An Anti-Sue can be just as bad as any Mary Sue.

That said, this test is actually pretty funny, as it's basically a giant jab at the Fanfic My Immortal XD

Anyway, my character Rocky Raienryu got a score of 4, if I go by his first appearances.

After character development and a bunch of stories later, he has more of a score of 16.

It kinda helps that he's actually quite a bastard and anti-social.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Mary-Sue Test Imagee10

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz February 18th 2010, 7:11 pm

I did Edward Cullen. He scored an 87. :D
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Mary-Sue Test Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy March 24th 2010, 12:42 pm

Alright, just redid the test with Stickles, an actual SONIC fancharacter (God, that's rare for me). He got 12 points.

Then again, given that Stix is a ninja salamander in the same seven-strong clan as Espio, I think I know where the points came from...
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Mary-Sue Test Imagee10

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz March 24th 2010, 8:40 pm

I did Blade again, he got a 16. \(^.^)/ Sonic got a 58.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content