The ancient lands.

2 posters

Sounds of Winter...

Anonymous

Sounds of Winter... Empty Sounds of Winter...

Post by Guest January 3rd 2010, 11:22 pm

*sigh*
    It is time for my Sounds of Winter story.
    Much to my distaste....

You are reading about Walterra, to start this series you must understand her day. So then YOU can feel like Walterra, you must read this day. Use imagery,theme, anything that could make you step into Walterra shoes. Metaphorically of course.
    If you are unable to then try anything that could get you to be anything close or near Walterra. Such as a toliet or a shoe.

Walterra's Day.

5:45 AM:
    Walterra wakes up.

6:00 AM:
    Walterra actually gets outta bed.

6:15 AM:
    Walterra takes a shower.

6:30 AM:
    Walterra leaves for school.

6:55 AM:
    Walterra learns.

11:30 AM:
    Walterra eats lunch.

2:10 PM:
    Walterra leaves school.

2:30 PM:
    Walterra arrives home.

4:00 PM:
    Walterra goes on 4chan.

5:00 PM:
    Walterra eats sh*tty dinner.

8:00 PM:
    Walterra watches CNN.

9:00 PM:
    Walterra sleeps....

Last edited by Blizmaster on January 4th 2010, 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Zez
    Zez

Sounds of Winter... VOZLn

Sounds of Winter... Blackr10Sounds of Winter... Medalw11Sounds of Winter... Zigzag10Sounds of Winter... Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

Sounds of Winter... Empty Re: Sounds of Winter...

Post by Zez January 3rd 2010, 11:33 pm

I would suggest a description, or an explanation of what I'm reading before I read it.
    Zez
    Zez

Sounds of Winter... Blackr10Sounds of Winter... Medalw11Sounds of Winter... Zigzag10Sounds of Winter... Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

Post by Zez January 4th 2010, 12:05 am

It seems fun, if there were more passages. I like it so far, if there were more installments.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Sounds of Winter... Medalw11Sounds of Winter... Medal13

: Female
     Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo January 4th 2010, 9:58 am

When you say, "use imagery to put yourself into Walterra's shoes," it confused me. Imagery is used by the writer to help the reader get a better understanding about what they're reading. And when you said, "Walterra Learns," I think you should do her entire schoolday, no matter how long. Since most of a kid's time is spent at school, that's where most of the action would probably happen and it would be very confusing if in one chapter you said she left English to go to Science and in the next said she left English to go to Math.

So far, though, it's quite interesting.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest January 4th 2010, 7:31 pm

Its supposed to give a clear viewing. No strings attached. If I added more detail, I could lose you.
    This is basic start. Thus, my character life starts basic.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest January 7th 2010, 6:46 pm

All you see on the calender is the sentence "Fear is like an ocean, so don't drown." repeated again and again.

You wake up, your not sure what day it is. "Is it a school day or a weekend?" is going through your foggy mind. You then think " Foggy mind, that's strange?". You take your chances by getting ready for school. You spend 5 minutes in the shower, 5 minutes dressing up, and 5 minutes eating breakfast. You start walking to school. You don't see the crossing guard, or other people. You don't know the time either, so you continue walking. Your teeth begin to feel loser, and your back a bit straighter. You see your school and walk in. You go to the office.
    No one is there.
    You then check your grade's hallway and no one is in the classes. You feel like an idiot for coming to school on what seems like an off-day.
    You begin to walk towards the exit. But then you hear something, it sorta sounds like a mixture of Barack Obama and Donald Duck's laugh.
    Its coming from the art room. You walk in, the sound comes again. This time it sounds like a mixture of a waterfall and a horn. It is coming from the closet. You walk towards the closet, the noise reprats itself one last time. It sounded like Barack Obama and Donald Duck's laugh, a waterfall and a horn all going off at the same time.
    You open the closet and....
    The sound stops. "Maybe it was all in my head" you think. You leave the classroom, and walk to the exit again. Then you remember, you still don't the date. You know how the office always has a calender in it so you decide to go there.
    You are in the office, and you see a calender. Yet it looks blurry, "Wait, why is it blurry?" you think. You go to it and look at the HIGHLIGHTED mark that is supposed to be on the day is there. You scroll up the calender to see the date.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo January 7th 2010, 6:51 pm

Sounds interesting!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest January 9th 2010, 1:25 pm

"BLEH!" You yelp as you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock. Wait? Alarm clock? You check the time, "6:10 AM". Ahhhhh. You back into reality. You take a shower, dress and then leave for school. As you walk, you notice the same faces you see every morning. You say hello to your neighbors,friends and as you enter the school you say hello to your teachers as you walk to your first period class.
    "DING!"
    School has officially started, which means everything is back to normal. Everything is the way it should be. Everything is like it always is.
    Dull and very boring.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest January 17th 2010, 4:13 pm

"Today class, we are studying animal feces,". Your twenty or so teacher says as she opens a webpage on the pormethean board.
    Everything is going fine, minus the feces portion of class. You sneak reading a boo- , You feel extremely nerdy as you turn the pages.
    You get into a thrilling, heart racing part of the book.
    "CRASH!"
    You heart pumps the air gets a brown color. Everything goes black. Your mind is turning on you, your head is going to expload.
    You grab something as dark, shadowy object race across the room.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo January 28th 2010, 1:57 pm

Sweet! This is getting better...sounds like my school day, minus the feces and the explosion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content