NCAA Tournament

Mario94
    Mario94

NCAA Tournament 3qll2

: Male
     Rep4

NCAA Tournament Empty NCAA Tournament

Post by Mario94 March 15th 2010, 2:46 pm

Yep, March Madness is finally here. Last night's selection show revealed the 65 teams who will have their shot at the national title, and on Thursday, the play-in game between Arkansas-Pine Bluff and Winthrop will determine who will be the first to have their hopes crushed. Whoever moves on will have their dreams crushed second. Trends to remember:

-No #16 seed has ever beat a #1 seed since the field expanded to 64 teams in 1985.
    -Only four #2 seeds have lost in the first round since 1985.
    -In recent years, not every team seeded #2 to #4 has lasted the first round. Pick some upsets there.
    -There has only been one year (2006) where the Final Four had no #1 seeds since 1985.
    -There have only been 5 occasions since 1985 where two #1 seeds competed for the title.

So fill out your brackets wisely. Remember: upsets are hard to predict, but you have to account that there will be a few.
    Zez
    Zez

NCAA Tournament VOZLn

NCAA Tournament Blackr10NCAA Tournament Medalw11NCAA Tournament Zigzag10NCAA Tournament Medal13

Rep24

NCAA Tournament Empty Re: NCAA Tournament

Post by Zez March 15th 2010, 3:41 pm

Moved to Entertainment.
    sykog
    sykog

NCAA Tournament Imagee10

NCAA Tournament Blackr10NCAA Tournament Medalw11NCAA Tournament Medalg10NCAA Tournament Zigzag10NCAA Tournament Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 15th 2010, 6:16 pm

I usually don't watch March Madness much, but I'll watch a little. I also do the brackets, but I don't know anything about the teams.
    Mario94
    Mario94

NCAA Tournament 3qll2

Rep4

Post by Mario94 March 20th 2010, 8:28 pm

Bracket Buster alert! #1 overall Kansas loses to Northern Iowa in the second round of the Midwest Regional! The top team in this year's field of 65 is gone! Kansas is gone!
    sykog
    sykog

NCAA Tournament Imagee10

NCAA Tournament Blackr10NCAA Tournament Medalw11NCAA Tournament Medalg10NCAA Tournament Zigzag10NCAA Tournament Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 20th 2010, 9:18 pm

Mario94 wrote:Bracket Buster alert! #1 overall Kansas loses to Northern Iowa in the second round of the Midwest Regional! The top team in this year's field of 65 is gone! Kansas is gone!
    No way... My 4 year old cousin predicted it too.
    codeorange

NCAA Tournament GOMM8

NCAA Tournament Medalg10NCAA Tournament White10NCAA Tournament Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange March 20th 2010, 9:35 pm

I have to give it to St. Mary's, the #10 seed. They beat #7 Richmond and then beat #2 Villanova. I wasn't expecting them to make a run here. I thought they were a good team, just didn't think they'd be in the Sweet 16.

I would keep my eye on St. Mary's from now on.
    sykog
    sykog

NCAA Tournament Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog March 20th 2010, 9:40 pm

codeorange wrote:I have to give it to St. Mary's, the #10 seed. They beat #7 Richmond and then beat #2 Villanova. I wasn't expecting them to make a run here. I thought they were a good team, just didn't think they'd be in the Sweet 16.

I would keep my eye on St. Mary's from now on.
    That Omar Sanham( not sure if I'm saying it right) makes everything.
    codeorange

NCAA Tournament GOMM8

NCAA Tournament Medalg10NCAA Tournament White10NCAA Tournament Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange March 20th 2010, 10:04 pm

I really, really want Duke to go out. Not a big fan at all of the Duke environment. I'm not questioning Coach K's coaching ability, he coaches his players up, but it does get quite ho-hum and boring seeing Duke in the tournament.
    sykog
    sykog

NCAA Tournament Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog March 21st 2010, 12:47 am

codeorange wrote:I really, really want Duke to go out. Not a big fan at all of the Duke environment. I'm not questioning Coach K's coaching ability, he coaches his players up, but it does get quite ho-hum and boring seeing Duke in the tournament.
    To quote Colin Cowherd, people have been saying Duke is overrated for so long now, they might be underrated. I still had them not going into the final four though, they lose to Purdue.
    Mario94
    Mario94

NCAA Tournament 3qll2

Rep4

Post by Mario94 March 21st 2010, 5:35 pm

I'd keep an eye on Northern Iowa as well as St. Mary's. Ali Farokhmanesh has been there in the clutch both against UNLV and Kansas, and all 5 starters have been to the tournament before, but this is the first time UNI has been to the Sweet 16 and the first time since 2004 that a #1 team lost in the second round. Cornell is another team busting up the field. They upset #5 Temple and crushed #4 Wisconsin. They certainly have been a surprise considering this is the first time Cornell has ever won a tournament game after losing quickly in their 5 appearances before this year. Three teams seeded in the lower half of their region, but they've done well. All three of these teams will compete in the Sweet 16 round on March 25 and 26. We'll see if they can turn the tournament upside-down or if this will be where the bracket busting stops.
    sykog
    sykog

NCAA Tournament Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog March 27th 2010, 1:39 am

That St. Mary's game freaking SUCKED!!! I'm done with this tournament.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content