Erazor
Superdoodleman
Gamma The Great
8 posters

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever VOZLn

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalg10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Zigzag10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep2

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Empty PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever

Post by Gamma The Great March 26th 2010, 6:24 pm

Believe it or not, the PlayStation 2 beat out all next generation consoles in Nielsen’s popularity statistics for April 2009. According to the gaming ratings service, 21.6% of all gaming time during February was spent on the PS2.

The PS2 is nine years old, but remains the most used console on the market. With an enormous Greatest Hits list and a nearly endless cheap, used PS2 games, the 10-year life span that Sony pushes for its consoles is clearly working for the PS2.

Nielsen ratings showed the Xbox 360 capturing 21.1% of all minutes, the Wii with 17.6%, and the PlayStation 3 coming in last place with 10.5%. Of course these statistics are for February, and we can expect these figures to change as all three consoles release exclusive titles over the year and into 2011.

Sony may be poised for a big push in the coming months, as Sony CEO Jack Tretton announced 15 first-party exclusive games in development for the PS3, not to mention Rockstar’s Agent and Square Enix’s Final Fantasy XIV.

Last edited by Gamma The Great on March 26th 2010, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Superdoodleman

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever GOMM8

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

: Male
     Rep0

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Empty Re: PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever

Post by Superdoodleman March 26th 2010, 6:49 pm

You're topic whoring again.
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalg10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Zigzag10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep2

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Empty Re: PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever

Post by Gamma The Great March 26th 2010, 6:55 pm

You're going off topic again.
    Erazor
    Erazor

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Imagee10

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Blackr10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalg10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever White10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 26th 2010, 10:45 pm

Ironic since the PS3 was technically the worst console of the last generation.
    sykog
    sykog

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Blackr10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalg10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Zigzag10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 27th 2010, 1:36 am

Erazor wrote:Ironic since the PS3 was technically the worst console of the last generation.
    Amazing what prices do, huh?
    Superdoodleman

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever GOMM8

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman March 27th 2010, 11:51 am

sykog77 wrote:
    Erazor wrote:Ironic since the PS3 was technically the worst console of the last generation.
    Fail, Erazor.
    Assuming he meant to say PS2 as the last generation was what it belonged in, he is indeed (Half) correct.. The technological specifications of the PS2 are inferior to the Xbox and Gamecube, though superior to the Dreamcast.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Blackr10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Zigzag10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever White10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic March 27th 2010, 11:59 am

wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    Fail, Erazor.
    Assuming he meant to say PS2 as the last generation was what it belonged in, he is indeed (Half) correct.. The technological specifications of the PS2 are inferior to the Xbox and Gamecube, though superior to the Dreamcast.
    Or he could really meant the PS3 if he is NOT talking Gaming Generation.
    sykog
    sykog

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Blackr10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalg10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Zigzag10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 27th 2010, 12:03 pm

ProTagOnist wrote:
    wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    Fail, Erazor.
    Or he could really meant the PS3 if he is NOT talking Gaming Generation.
    That's what I think.
    Erazor
    Erazor

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Blackr10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalg10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever White10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 27th 2010, 4:55 pm

Or perhaps it was a simple mistake in my typing. After all, I type very fast and often make alot of mistakes. I can't be expected to notice them all. Just making this post I made 4 mistakes that I needed to correct before I hit send.

I meant the PS2. If the GC and Xbox had libraries of games like the PS2, it would have been left in the dust. Kind of like the 360 and this generation. Worst system, best library. The only difference is the last generation's worst system wasn't completely terrible.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 27th 2010, 7:06 pm

I don't know...all the best games are coming out this year. Maybe the numbers will change around at the end of the year?
    Shade
    Shade

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Zigzag10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade March 27th 2010, 7:14 pm

I fail to comprehend how the PS2 was the most popular in sales, but the PS3 isn't the most popular in sales.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 27th 2010, 8:40 pm

Aediliel Mithraisyr wrote:I fail to comprehend how the PS2 was the most popular in sales, but the PS3 isn't the most popular in sales.

It's had the greatest lifespan of any system I've ever seen. I actually think at least one game is still on it's way for the PS2. It was..."Sakura Wars, My Love", I think?
    Shade
    Shade

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Zigzag10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade March 28th 2010, 4:29 am

SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    Aediliel Mithraisyr wrote:I fail to comprehend how the PS2 was the most popular in sales, but the PS3 isn't the most popular in sales.

It's had the greatest lifespan of any system I've ever seen. I actually think at least one game is still on it's way for the PS2. It was..."Sakura Wars, My Love", I think?

Ah yes, I notice that there are still games available for the PS2.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 28th 2010, 9:23 am

There's 2 more games coming out for the PS2!
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade March 28th 2010, 10:11 am

SonicFanPS2 wrote:There's 2 more games coming out for the PS2!

That's quite impressive, I must say.
    Jmh
    Jmh

PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medalw11PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever White10PlayStation 2 is (probably) the most popular console ever Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 30th 2010, 3:52 pm

You know, I really need to play more of my PS2 games.

I have Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, and haven't beaten them yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content