Manic Hedgehog
Shade
TheShadowWalker
36 posters

The Sonic Fan Character Generator!

TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! VOZLn

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medalw11The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medalg10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medal13The Sonic Fan Character Generator! 2hygec

: Male
     Rep3

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Empty The Sonic Fan Character Generator!

Post by TheShadowWalker April 30th 2010, 4:42 pm

This is perfect for those having trouble making detail of a new FC to just making a cool visual of your old FC!
    The Furry Dollmaker comes in two types, for both male and female characters, and has a variety of clothes, facial expressions, hair, spines, and more!
    You can't save your creation. That's the only downside. But, you can still make it into a picture! Just remember to use the Prt Scr button and Paste on Paint. :P

Created by geN8hedgehog on DeviantArt.

Male FC Generator.
    Female FC Generator.
    Shade
    Shade

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medalw11The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Zigzag10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medal13

Rep2

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Empty Re: The Sonic Fan Character Generator!

Post by Shade April 30th 2010, 5:06 pm

That is a wonderful idea, TSW! It is good that you posted it here.
    Manic Hedgehog
    Manic Hedgehog

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Kz2PK

Rep2

Post by Manic Hedgehog May 1st 2010, 8:46 pm

I would like to add this!

http://skittycat.deviantart.com/art/Retro-Sonic-Character-Maker-152319857

^ for those who like the retro sonic make your own character with this!
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medalw11The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medal13

: Female
     Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo May 2nd 2010, 9:05 pm

I tried it. While it was nice, I found it too sexist (the girl maker, that is).
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy May 3rd 2010, 6:10 pm

I've done a bit of testing on the character makers that I came across by just casually searching, and I've given them all a verdict out of 10.

For reference, I've used one of my own fancharacters for all of them; Stickles. You may have met him before;

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Fanchars__Stickles_and_Ichabod_by_Pur_Rulz

By doing this, I can test just how customisable these character makers are, and how out of the box you can be with your character. I've also taken into consideration that some of the design intricacies (eg head shape, specific marking pattern, clothing insigna etc) are unrealistic to expect from these, so I'm looking more at core facets. For the females, I just tossed on some crud and called it a day.

So, trying to mimic Stickles as much as possible, this is what I got;

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Sticklesdollmakers

1. The Retro Sonic Character Maker (Male-orientated, although some female options present...none being dresses)
    Maker designed by; SkittyCat
    Word Analysis; Arguably the best of the lot, despite appearing a tad crude on the surface. Eye options are basic, but there are various retro muzzles to try out, as well as various head and hair styles (which Stickles obviously doesn't sport) and a good range of markings. Standard stuff for ears and tails although the horn option is nice. There's also a standard range of gloves and shoes.
    There are two things that set it apart from other makers; colour options and the technical side of clothing. For colours, you have a base colour and a tint colour, which means that even though you have quite a limited range of colours, you can mix them up to open up more options. A very novel and spiffing idea, if I do say so myself. For clothing, you can actually overlap styles as long as they don't come into direct conflict (so we have fingerless Rouge gloves and long Tails shoes with generic and Knux steel plating). The colours for the clothes are customisable in sections, which also adds that little spark of individuality. To improve it, I'd give some female-orientated clothing; there's also some female gloves styles, and the option to have female eyes, so it's only natural progression to move onto that.
    Score; 9/10

2. The Furry Doll Maker (Male)
    Maker designed by; Gen8
    Word Analysis; Personally, I don't think much of this (nor it's counterpart, later). It seems more like something you'd use to try and make yourself into a vague Sonic-esque style as opposed to outright fancharacters. Customisation of colours is limited for the body, and the muzzles and bellies even less so. There's a standard range of tails and above-average range of ears and hair styles. There are no options for markings.
    What really lets it down are the clothes options; it offers quite a wide range of things like shirts, accesories and trousers, but they're completely uncustomisable save for the wings, thus there's no individuality whatsoever unless you go for the limited variety of colours available! The gloves and shoes have woefully low ranges compared to them, which is especially bad given that these are arguable the most important parts of a male character! This was honestly as close as I could get, as the colour variety was absolutely pitiful (black, grey, brown or white usually) and is not ideal for characters who want to have a little splash of colour.
    Score; 3/10

3. The Sonic Character Creator (Male)
    Maker designed by; Kevicus
    Word Analysis; One of the first Sonic makers on the net, and it shows it, unfortunately. Compared to other makers, the range of everything is rather limited. The maker seems to be more skewed towards recreating traits of existing male characters than opening the field up to a whole spectrum. In it's defence, it does have a very limited yet much appreciated range of markings available although I didn't use them. And at least it has more eyes and bellies than the Doll Maker. You can also get mecha options, which is still quite unique now. And the beefy arms...
    It begins to shine more in the clothing options, though. Because it is more skewed towards existing male characters, it doesn't hide the fact that it's pure testosterone and does away with any clothing aside from gloves and shoes. This allows the limited range of clothes you have to be EXTREMELY customisable. Although I've only gone as far as the half-shoe (which has three seperate colour areas), you can get five or six categories on some types of shoe. That means that you can get away with having some pretty original colour combos, even if the actual colour range isn't that great. Overall, it was good for when it came on and still has some charm about it.
    Score; 5.5/10

4. Um...(Male)
    Maker designed by; Cinos the Ferret
    Word Analysis; It gives you some Tails muzzles, some Sonic/Shadow muzzles, some angry eyes, some bellies, a base colour changer, a range of eye colours and a pair of gloves. Really. It still has more freakin' bellies than the Doll Maker, though.
    Score; 0.5/10

5. The Sonic Charrie Maker (Female)
    Maker designed by; Chriserony
    Word Analysis; First thing's first; the only maker with a FULL COLOUR SPECTRUM avaliable for most available options. This is definitely a big plus for customisation. Aside from that, the range of other items is at least decent enough to justify having the spectrum, although why it offers different coloured muzzles and stuff for you to choose from when you have a full spectrum to select from perplexes me. Standard ear range, standard tail range, yadda yadda. But there is a good selection of markings to choose from.
    The clothing lets it down, somewhat; often you have quite a limited range of shorts/skirts/dresses, etc to chose from, and quite a few of them don't even have the full spectrum. The glove and shoe range is astoundingly woeful (Two gloves! Really!), even with the full spectrum. This is odd given that you can actually make a fully customisable shirt albeit without the full spectrum. Just extend that customisability to the other clothes, make the full spectrum applicable to all the clothes, add more shoes and gloves and you'd have a near enough perfect female character maker! [Edit: Oh yes, and an actual long tail, not just a mouse's tail!]
    Score; 8/10

6. The Furry Doll Maker (Female)
    Maker designed by; Gen8
    Word Analysis; See 2 for most of the details on this. At least the clothes are more relevant this time, and there is a slightly larger range of both clothe styles and colours to pick from. Still, the good art on the Doll Makers can't rectify the fact that these really aren't ideal for fancharacter designs at all. And I find it odd that it touts itself as a 'furry' doll maker (which would explain the fact that all the muzzles have noses, or that one beak), but then includes the option to make yourself up as a chameleon. Huh.
    Score; 3.5/10

Moral of the story; It's always best to try and use your own imagination for these sort of things, but if you're really stuck, I'd recommend using the Retro Maker for males (if you can look past the slightly crude graphics and overall not-modern slant) and the Charrie Maker for females.

So there we go, my personal reviews of them. Yeah, I have no life. :3
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! GOMM8

Rep6

Post by T@ilz May 4th 2010, 1:51 am

Heheh...
    I made my character, Links. He looks waaaay better than I draw him.
    The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Links_10
    ShadowandSilver14
    ShadowandSilver14

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! WFmvl

Rep0

Post by ShadowandSilver14 May 8th 2010, 5:55 am

cool its AMAZING! thanx! :faic:
    ShadowandSilver14
    ShadowandSilver14

Rep0

Post by ShadowandSilver14 May 8th 2010, 7:26 am

Here's mine, he's called Dave
    The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Daveth11 lol his underpants are showing, anyway, here's the retro version of him
    The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Daveth12

Last edited by ShadowandSilver14 on May 8th 2010, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Imagee10

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Blackr10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medalw11The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Zigzag10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! White10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medal13The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 8th 2010, 9:18 am

I made one but I lost it
    edward_the_fox
    edward_the_fox

Rep0

Post by edward_the_fox August 16th 2010, 8:21 pm

too be honest ive only used a few of them the one i use most is male furry dollmaker id prefer this one because its got a great selection of apperal and crap like that :pbj: :facedesk:
    AuraTheHedgehog
    AuraTheHedgehog

Rep0

Post by AuraTheHedgehog August 30th 2010, 3:33 am

Nice. I made my friend's brother's character Sparks with it lol.
    Sonicfan123999
    Sonicfan123999

Rep0

Post by Sonicfan123999 September 29th 2010, 10:03 am

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Photo-3091934 My fan character darkness the ultimate

:faic: :augh: :plode: 🔗 :mahboi: Angry `stare` :plode:
    Shade
    Shade

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medalw11The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Zigzag10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade September 29th 2010, 11:20 am

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Asdsad10

My fan character, Professor Snape.
    carmenpagan

Rep0

Post by carmenpagan January 17th 2011, 9:37 pm

umm can u tell me an easier way cuz i dont get it and it wont work Confused
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medalw11The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Zigzag10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! White10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern January 23rd 2011, 10:49 am

Horray! a post ENTIRELY about RECOLORS! OMGZ I SOOOOZZZ WATZ ONEZ ZZZZ I WANTZZZ A REDZZZZZ SONIXX!!!!!

EDIT: wait.... DAMNIT I forgot the 1111111111 after the exclamation points.... darn I have failed... time to grab my suicide sword.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade January 23rd 2011, 11:27 am

Auflodern wrote:Horray! a post ENTIRELY about RECOLORS! OMGZ I SOOOOZZZ WATZ ONEZ ZZZZ I WANTZZZ A REDZZZZZ SONIXX!!!!!

EDIT: wait.... DAMNIT I forgot the 1111111111 after the exclamation points.... darn I have failed... time to grab my suicide sword.

You are quite amusing at times like this, Krieg.

And yeah, I dont think recolors are more than entertainment, anyway.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medalw11The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Zigzag10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! White10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern January 23rd 2011, 8:13 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:
    Auflodern wrote:Horray! a post ENTIRELY about RECOLORS! OMGZ I SOOOOZZZ WATZ ONEZ ZZZZ I WANTZZZ A REDZZZZZ SONIXX!!!!!

You are quite amusing at times like this, Krieg.

And yeah, I dont think recolors are more than entertainment, anyway.

I'm not alone on the issue
    sonic+blaze
    sonic+blaze

Rep1

Post by sonic+blaze June 4th 2011, 7:33 am

T@ilz wrote:Heheh...
    I made my character, Links. He looks waaaay better than I draw him.
    The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Links_10
    how do you make them character people your first pic ? Confused
    hamedthehedgehog

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! 3qll2

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Rainbo10

Rep7

Post by hamedthehedgehog July 18th 2011, 1:35 pm

the question is how do you F*********************KING SAVE IT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! ZtZYh

The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Blackr10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medalw11The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Zigzag10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! White10The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Medal13The Sonic Fan Character Generator! 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 18th 2011, 2:57 pm

hamedthehedgehog wrote:the question is how do you F*********************KING SAVE IT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I think the only way you can save it is to copy the picture and paste it in your files.
    Arcanine
    Arcanine

Rep1

Post by Arcanine July 18th 2011, 6:19 pm

Ohh, this is fun. :)
    I made a boy and a girl:
    The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Sonicsf
    Phusion
    Phusion

Rep0

Post by Phusion July 18th 2011, 9:50 pm

This thing is cool, wish there were more colors to choose from, though.
    Chaos The Hedgehog
    Chaos The Hedgehog

Rep0

Post by Chaos The Hedgehog July 20th 2011, 12:20 pm

i made these fan characters
    The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Chaos_10
    The Sonic Fan Character Generator! Classi10
    zim the hedgehog
    zim the hedgehog

Rep-1

Post by zim the hedgehog July 20th 2011, 4:25 pm

how do you do that?
    zero123
    zero123

Rep0

Post by zero123 August 4th 2011, 2:13 pm

i crated zero the hedgehog the ultimate life form it's on my avatar

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content