The ancient lands.

5 posters

You Know what would be a funny idea?

Poll

hypothetically, does this sound like a potentially good idea

[ 1 ]
    You Know what would be a funny idea? Bar_le1120%You Know what would be a funny idea? Bar_ri11 [20%] 
    [ 1 ]
    You Know what would be a funny idea? Bar_le1120%You Know what would be a funny idea? Bar_ri11 [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    You Know what would be a funny idea? Bar_le1140%You Know what would be a funny idea? Bar_ri11 [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    You Know what would be a funny idea? Bar_le110%You Know what would be a funny idea? Bar_ri11 [0%] 
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 5
    Poll closed
    Dr. Witt 20/20

You Know what would be a funny idea? WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

You Know what would be a funny idea? Empty You Know what would be a funny idea?

Post by Dr. Witt 20/20 May 24th 2010, 7:41 pm

As the suggested title suggests, this would be a third game in the Sonic Storybook series. This time instead of Sonic being forced into another realm, the story follows the distant ancestors to the known Sonic characters. The plotline would develop from the premise used in the original Star Wars; the empire would be the Eggman Empire, and instead of the Death Star, they could bring back the Death Egg in it's place. Sonic could be like the Luke character, Eggman could obviously be the emperor, and the lady who showed up as Merlina, and _____ (sorry, I don't really remember the other name) could play the role similar to Princess Leia. Aside from these main points though, the story could go in it's own directions. Still, the gameplay is what I see the most potential for here; in earlier games there's been a world map, but this time there's more than just one world to see. There could be multiple planets, each with it's own set of strange locales and varying conditions.
    Now, many of you have likely already pieced this aspect of the idea together from the fact that it's based off Star Wars, but yes Sonic would have a light-saber, which is to say he would again have a sword. The difference this time though is that unlike in SatBK, he can choose whether or not to actually use it. Essentially, it's like two modes you can switch between on the fly, one centered on evasion, and the other revolving around combat. I think that the sword mechanic deserves a chance to show what can be for the series if used as an addition instead of a one time gimmick, at least in the sub-series. I'm not saying I expect it to happen, but if there was ever a third game then I think this could be a good premise to work from. :arrow:
    Jmh
    Jmh

You Know what would be a funny idea? Imagee10

You Know what would be a funny idea? Medalw11You Know what would be a funny idea? White10You Know what would be a funny idea? Medal13

Rep67

You Know what would be a funny idea? Empty Re: You Know what would be a funny idea?

Post by Jmh May 24th 2010, 7:45 pm

That sounds like a pretty good idea but I think Sega could easily mess it up.
    botahrust
    botahrust

Rep0

You Know what would be a funny idea? Empty Re: You Know what would be a funny idea?

Post by botahrust May 24th 2010, 8:16 pm

Good idea. But I think it'll be even better if the game come up with kinetic controller like Project Natal or smth.
    BrenmantheTurtle
    BrenmantheTurtle

Rep0

Post by BrenmantheTurtle May 29th 2010, 7:29 am

If Sonic is going to be Luke, then please, anybody but Amy. So a new chick would be fine as Leia. But then people would go nuts, that some girl kissed Sonic or Knuckles/Tails (I'm assuming Knuckles or Tails would either be Chewbacca or Han Solo) because he's an animal, which they shouldn't make a big deal, because it's not like they have a tongues in their mouths, or just get jiggy with it. But other than that, I can imagine some characters being Star Wars characters, like Shadow being Boba Fett, Metal Sonic being Darth Vader, Big would be Jar Jar Binks, and if they're having storm troopers, the Swat Bots have to be as them (They basically rip off Storm Troopers anyway) and that's what I can think of for right now, but it would be cool if it's done right.
    Phantom
    Phantom

You Know what would be a funny idea? VOZLn

You Know what would be a funny idea? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom May 30th 2010, 7:52 pm

Way ahead of you; I've seen a Sonic cosplayer wielding a lightsaber.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content