Erazor
Yioibon
8 posters

Has online play made gaming worse?

Yioibon
    Yioibon

: Male
     Rep3

Has online play made gaming worse? Empty Has online play made gaming worse?

Post by Yioibon July 12th 2010, 4:39 pm

LONG RANT: Now, before all you start flaming, hear a nega out... See, most of you grew up in a time where the big three were N64,PSONE, and Dreamcast. Now all of these consoles are great, and have great multiplayer. But, the dreamcast was really the first that actually let you go online, on certain games. My point is that online play wasn't that big of a factor in that generation,and you still had to travel to a nega's house or the ARCADE to play with your negas. With the 16 bit gen, SNES, TG16, GEN, you got alot of games that were deeper in gameplay, and had better multiplayer action then, say today (Personal opinion.) The arcade was also a huge place for multiplayer games, you put in a quarter and you could challenge negas and keep yo name up on that top score list, if you were good enough. Nowadays, alot of you negas get home from school, and turn on that xbox circle or whatever, and you be playing with your negas, but it doesn't feel as good as before, because you ain't got your nega right beside you.

SHORT RANT: The more games got online, the more fun to be had in different areas, but the less personal interaction with one of your negas. Plus, you gotta hear all them negas mic spam. I guess this nega just be too old for xbox live and sh!t.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Has online play made gaming worse? Imagee10

Has online play made gaming worse? Blackr10Has online play made gaming worse? Medalw11Has online play made gaming worse? Medalg10Has online play made gaming worse? White10Has online play made gaming worse? Medal13

Rep22

Has online play made gaming worse? Empty Re: Has online play made gaming worse?

Post by Erazor July 12th 2010, 5:51 pm

I have alot to say on this, but I'm too lazy to type it. So, yes.
    Shade
    Shade

Has online play made gaming worse? VOZLn

Has online play made gaming worse? Medalw11Has online play made gaming worse? Zigzag10Has online play made gaming worse? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 13th 2010, 7:48 am

I think that, in some cases, online play has made gaming worse.

It does not always make gaming worse, as it connects people. However, if the people are immature, then yes, it is a hinderance.

It depends on the situation.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Has online play made gaming worse? Medalw11Has online play made gaming worse? Zigzag10Has online play made gaming worse? White10Has online play made gaming worse? Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern July 13th 2010, 10:32 am

Adding on to what Silence said on maturity. Thanks to online play I have to hear little kids screaming in my ear everytime I just want to have a good time.

Now some of them are cool like my 12 year old friend who knows that he is still a small child but still can carry on a conversation because he doesn't swear every five seconds like the 8-13 year old who just descovered the word Fak or Shite.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Has online play made gaming worse? Imagee10

Has online play made gaming worse? Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy July 13th 2010, 10:33 am

You could apply your logic to any online interaction. esp. Social networks like facebook for example. (which is why I dont have an account there xP)
    So yeah, I agree with you 100%
    When I'm playing or chatting with someone online it's often someone I don't know in my 'real, offline' life.
    When I want to play with my friends, I always invite them over. We never played online. It is more fun xD
    So yes, I agree with you completely.
    Zez
    Zez

Has online play made gaming worse? Blackr10Has online play made gaming worse? Medalw11Has online play made gaming worse? Zigzag10Has online play made gaming worse? Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 13th 2010, 1:00 pm

For me personally, it comes down to whether my TV is on mute or not.
    Army
    Army

Has online play made gaming worse? Blackr10Has online play made gaming worse? Medalw11Has online play made gaming worse? Medalg10Has online play made gaming worse? Zigzag10Has online play made gaming worse? Medal13Has online play made gaming worse? Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army July 13th 2010, 2:19 pm

For me, it comes up to who I play with. I will act immature if they start it, cuz I'm cool liek that.
    Shade
    Shade

Has online play made gaming worse? Medalw11Has online play made gaming worse? Zigzag10Has online play made gaming worse? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 13th 2010, 2:28 pm

Auflodern wrote:Adding on to what Silence said on maturity. Thanks to online play I have to hear little kids screaming in my ear everytime I just want to have a good time.

Now some of them are cool like my 12 year old friend who knows that he is still a small child but still can carry on a conversation because he doesn't swear every five seconds like the 8-13 year old who just descovered the word Fak or Shite.

It's not just small kids, Krieg. I've heard full-grown men using rude, abusive and/or racist language on XBOX Live (which also adds to the maturity problem).
    Phantom
    Phantom

Has online play made gaming worse? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom July 14th 2010, 2:45 pm

I enjoy playing online, though it's recently become extremely rare for me to do so. I've had some good times and lousy times whilst playing online, especially in Halo games.

It's all a question of preference: would you rather play with friends in the same room, or with total strangers half the world over? (I believe it was Althalus who said that a stranger is a friend you haven't met yet).
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade July 14th 2010, 3:06 pm

Phantom wrote:I enjoy playing online, though it's recently become extremely rare for me to do so. I've had some good times and lousy times whilst playing online, especially in Halo games.

It's all a question of preference: would you rather play with friends in the same room, or with total strangers half the world over? (I believe it was Althalus who said that a stranger is a friend you haven't met yet).

If you are a wilder sort of fellow, you can just play with strangers to pass the time. Besides, while you are playing with strangers, you can maintain your anonymity.
    Army
    Army

Has online play made gaming worse? Blackr10Has online play made gaming worse? Medalw11Has online play made gaming worse? Medalg10Has online play made gaming worse? Zigzag10Has online play made gaming worse? Medal13Has online play made gaming worse? Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army July 14th 2010, 4:28 pm

Sweet Silence wrote:
    Auflodern wrote:Adding on to what Silence said on maturity. Thanks to online play I have to hear little kids screaming in my ear everytime I just want to have a good time.

It's not just small kids, Krieg. I've heard full-grown men using rude, abusive and/or racist language on XBOX Live (which also adds to the maturity problem).
    Sorry bout that... :<
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade July 14th 2010, 4:31 pm

Kuriboh wrote:
    Sweet Silence wrote:

Sorry bout that... :<

It's OK, Army. Although many people may not be very mature on systems such as XBOX live, they are much lower than the numbers of people who are mature, and who really want to play the system properly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content