Plix
Erazor
Shade
9 posters

Should We Delete the Random Hotel?

Shade
    Shade

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? VOZLn

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalw11Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Zigzag10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Empty Should We Delete the Random Hotel?

Post by Shade July 14th 2010, 4:42 pm

I've recently been getting a request to make this topic, so I will make the topic: Should we delete the Random Hotel? I suppose that the Random Hotel is getting a little old now, so apparently there are some here who want to delete the Random Hotel. I wish I could explain this in more depth, but, I'm just following a request.

I suppose I have one final request. If you guys decide to delete the Random Hotel, could you please lock it and move it to the Site Archives, instead of actually deleting it? It's just a request of mine.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think about this.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Imagee10

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Blackr10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalw11Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalg10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? White10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medal13

Rep22

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Empty Re: Should We Delete the Random Hotel?

Post by Erazor July 15th 2010, 12:08 am

I've never understood the point of that thread.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix July 15th 2010, 2:50 am

I haven't either. What is the point of it?
    Shade
    Shade

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalw11Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Zigzag10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 15th 2010, 6:57 am

Well, Army requested me to make a thread about whether or not we should delete the Random Hotel. I suggest that, if you want more information, you should ask him more about it.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy July 15th 2010, 7:55 am

You don't have to delete or lock a topic just cause it's getting old.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalw11Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Zigzag10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? White10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern July 15th 2010, 8:27 am

The random hotel is there because there IS no point to it!
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? ZtZYh

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Blackr10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalw11Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Zigzag10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? White10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medal13Should We Delete the Random Hotel? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 15th 2010, 10:23 am

No. I see no profit to it. It's a constantly evolving historical landmark and should be preserved.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade July 15th 2010, 1:29 pm

I think that I should point out that, although Army asked me to make this thread, I think that the Random Hotel should remain open. It's quite cool, and I enjoy posting there a lot.
    Army
    Army

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Blackr10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalw11Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalg10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Zigzag10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medal13Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army July 15th 2010, 3:23 pm

Alright, I know a lot of people post in it, and mostly use it too have random moments and what not... but, Isn't that what the Chat Box is for? I mean, I think it's sort of bad too have a spam thread as our most replied to topic. The thing is, none of those post made there are any better then conversation in the Chat room. If someone wants to spam, be random, or try to be funny, it should be in the chat.

Now, we shouldn't delete it per-say, as many users have made a few posts in the thread, but maybe just lock it.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy July 15th 2010, 4:00 pm

Kuriboh wrote:Alright, I know a lot of people post in it, and mostly use it too have random moments and what not... but, Isn't that what the Chat Box is for? I mean, I think it's sort of bad too have a spam thread as our most replied to topic. The thing is, none of those post made there are any better then conversation in the Chat room. If someone wants to spam, be random, or try to be funny, it should be in the chat.

Now, we shouldn't delete it per-say, as many users have made a few posts in the thread, but maybe just lock it.

The fundamental difference between a forum topic and a chatbox is that for a chatbox you need others to be online. For a forum, you "leave" your messages to be read by others. Therefor they are incomparable :faic:
    So if you want to be 'random or funny' you can do it in both forum and chat- if the rules allow it ofcourse :)
    Army
    Army

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Blackr10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalw11Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalg10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Zigzag10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medal13Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army July 15th 2010, 8:53 pm

karkooshy wrote:
    Kuriboh wrote:Alright, I know a lot of people post in it, and mostly use it too have random moments and what not... but, Isn't that what the Chat Box is for? I mean, I think it's sort of bad too have a spam thread as our most replied to topic. The thing is, none of those post made there are any better then conversation in the Chat room. If someone wants to spam, be random, or try to be funny, it should be in the chat.

The fundamental difference between a forum topic and a chatbox is that for a chatbox you need others to be online. For a forum, you "leave" your messages to be read by others. Therefor they are incomparable :faic:
    So if you want to be 'random or funny' you can do it in both forum and chat- if the rules allow it ofcourse :)
    But what's the difference at all? We could still just do it in the chat, anyways, most of the random hotel has been written back and forth between 2 members who were both on at the time.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Blackr10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalw11Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Zigzag10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? White10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medal13Should We Delete the Random Hotel? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 15th 2010, 9:57 pm

Well that's fine by me. I really don't see a problem with it. In fact, its removal could me giving people less reason to post, and thus the forum will have less of its regulars. And, as it is a topic, it's fine to keep around, as it has no negative side effects to the rest of the forum or its members. Truthfully, the reasons of it dragging down our reputation or being old is hardly problematic; not even close, really.
    sykog
    sykog

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Blackr10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalw11Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalg10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Zigzag10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 17th 2010, 8:10 pm

No, you can't do that. This is the oldest Random Hotel still in existence.
    Army
    Army

Rep2

Post by Army July 17th 2010, 11:57 pm

sykog wrote:No, you can't do that. This is the oldest Random Hotel still in existence.
    Didn't the Sega RH run for 2-3 years?
    sykog
    sykog

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Blackr10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalw11Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medalg10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Zigzag10Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 18th 2010, 12:50 am

Kuriboh wrote:
    sykog wrote:No, you can't do that. This is the oldest Random Hotel still in existence.
    Didn't the Sega RH run for 2-3 years?
    Not sure, but it seems about right.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 18th 2010, 7:52 am

Yes, but they killed theirs, so SOA fails.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade July 18th 2010, 8:54 am

I have an idea.

Perhaps, if we wish to avoid more suggestions like this, we should post more in the Random Hotel. This will mean that there will be less suggestions to axe it, as the topic will be very active. The Random Hotel is a part of our past, our present, and our future. But it is our responsibility to post in it as often as possible, to keep its heart and soul alive.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog July 18th 2010, 10:04 pm

You are the one who made the topic.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade July 21st 2010, 9:26 pm

sykog wrote:You are the one who made the topic.

That was because Army told me to make the topic.
    Alex The Hedgehog

Should We Delete the Random Hotel? Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog July 25th 2010, 4:05 pm

no! you shouldn't delete the random hotel! that's the place where people like me go to be funny and random.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content