The ancient lands.

3 posters

What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of?

Shade
    Shade

What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? VOZLn

What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Medalw11What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Zigzag10What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Empty What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of?

Post by Shade July 21st 2010, 10:37 am

The best Eco-car I can think of right now is the Honda FCX Clarity. This is because it uses a hydrogen fuel cell, which means that its only emission is water (which makes it much better than the Toyota Prius and other rivals). Also, it looks, feels and drives like a normal car, and can seat five people, except it is much quieter, so it feels more refined and of a higher quality.

The worst Eco-car i can think of is the G-Wiz. Built from cheap, plasticky materials, the only reason that this car has a regular target market is because it has less emissions than its rivals, and because it is electric. The safety is absolutely abysmal, and drivers would most certainly be killed whilst driving it. The only reason they allow it on the road is because it is classed as a "quadricycle", and not a car, which means that it does not have to undergo the tests a car must undergo.
    Independence76

What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? GOMM8

What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Medalg10What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Medal13

Rep4

What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Empty Re: What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of?

Post by Independence76 July 21st 2010, 2:58 pm

In an consumer stance, as in, not speaking of concept cars, I think hybrids are wastes of money. The hybrid was a good idea, but it came too soon, and therefore, costs too much.

However, electrical cars are all in the news as they are gearing up for release. The Chevrolet Volt made a lot of headlines, but the car is rubbish. The Nissan Leaf will certainly take the cake as the better product.

But worst car? Anything that looks like a Smart ForTwo and is electrical (Ge-Wiz, Th!nkCity, etc.)
    Shade
    Shade

What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Medalw11What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Zigzag10What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Medal13

Rep2

What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of? Empty Re: What's the best and worst eco-cars you can think of?

Post by Shade July 21st 2010, 3:00 pm

Independence76 wrote:In an consumer stance, as in, not speaking of concept cars, I think hybrids are wastes of money. The hybrid was a good idea, but it came too soon, and therefore, costs too much.

However, electrical cars are all in the news as they are gearing up for release. The Chevrolet Volt made a lot of headlines, but the car is rubbish. The Nissan Leaf will certainly take the cake as the better product.

But worst car? Anything that looks like a Smart ForTwo and is electrical (Ge-Wiz, Th!nkCity, etc.)

The Nissan Leaf is certainly a good car, but the Volt does look OK (although the car itself is quite rubbish).
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon July 21st 2010, 4:04 pm

Them hybrid cars be stupid. That prius looks like a vaccum cleaner, and the people who drive them think they are saving the environment. But, they ain't, is that battery replacement they gotta make all natural? and if you need to take a look at the engine, you gotta lift the nega outta the vaccum cleaner. This whole green movement thing be making a nega angry.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade July 21st 2010, 5:28 pm

Yioibon wrote:Them hybrid cars be stupid. That prius looks like a vaccum cleaner, and the people who drive them think they are saving the environment. But, they ain't, is that battery replacement they gotta make all natural? and if you need to take a look at the engine, you gotta lift the nega outta the vaccum cleaner. This whole green movement thing be making a nega angry.

Well, I think that there need to be more environmentally friendly cars out there. While hybrids are better than normal petrol powered vehicles, I think that, as long as electric cars (Tesla, the only good one right now I can think of), and fuel cell cars (e.g. Honda FCX Clarity) exist, which produce zero carbon emissions, then hybrids are redundant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content