karkooshy
    karkooshy

3DS Price and date of release Imagee10

3DS Price and date of release Medalg10

: Male
     Rep9

3DS Price and date of release Empty 3DS Price and date of release

Post by karkooshy September 29th 2010, 1:38 pm

Nintendo has revealed that its next portable console will be released next year. It will hit Japanese stores on February 26 and cost around 188 pounds (about 300 USD). America and some European countries will get the 3ds later during March.
    There is no news yet though how much it will cost in Europe.

I'm not sure if you've heard, (I haven't) but you'll also be able to watch 3D Movies on the thing :faic:
    Shade
    Shade

3DS Price and date of release VOZLn

3DS Price and date of release Medalw113DS Price and date of release Zigzag103DS Price and date of release Medal13

Rep2

3DS Price and date of release Empty Re: 3DS Price and date of release

Post by Shade September 29th 2010, 5:10 pm

Will you need those glasses to watch it? I heard a rumour about the 3DS that you won't need glasses to view it.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Rep9

Post by karkooshy September 29th 2010, 6:22 pm

No, you don't need glasses :)
    If you did, the 3ds would not be worth the price xD
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

3DS Price and date of release 56qtD

3DS Price and date of release Medalw113DS Price and date of release Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 2nd 2010, 3:48 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:Will you need those glasses to watch it? I heard a rumour about the 3DS that you won't need glasses to view it.

Rumor? That was one of Nintendo's main selling points when they were displaying the thing at this year's e3. How did you miss that?

Regarding the price, I'm not completely sure I'll be getting it as a first week purchase or anything like that at that price. I'll likely wait for the price to go down a bit before purchasing it, or I'll save up for it.
    Shade
    Shade

3DS Price and date of release Medalw113DS Price and date of release Zigzag103DS Price and date of release Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade October 2nd 2010, 3:50 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:Will you need those glasses to watch it? I heard a rumour about the 3DS that you won't need glasses to view it.

Rumor? That was one of Nintendo's main selling points when they were displaying the thing at this year's e3. How did you miss that?

Regarding the price, I'm not completely sure I'll be getting it as a first week purchase or anything like that at that price. I'll likely wait for the price to go down a bit before purchasing it, or I'll save up for it.

I just found the concept that you could view it in 3D without the use of glasses quite hard to grasp. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to view 3D images without glasses.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

3DS Price and date of release Medalw113DS Price and date of release Zigzag103DS Price and date of release White103DS Price and date of release Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern October 2nd 2010, 3:53 pm

Makes me think of the dead company 3DO...
    TurboAce360
    TurboAce360

3DS Price and date of release 3qll2

Rep0

Post by TurboAce360 October 4th 2010, 1:38 am

Sweet Mercy wrote:
    Super Racer Z wrote:

I just found the concept that you could view it in 3D without the use of glasses quite hard to grasp. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to view 3D images without glasses.
    According to Nintendo (or at least the guys at E3) if you look at it from a side angle, you could possibly go blind.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 4th 2010, 11:07 am

TurboAce360 wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:

According to Nintendo (or at least the guys at E3) if you look at it from a side angle, you could possibly go blind.

Thanks for telling me that. When you say side angle, do you mean just looking at it from the side, or is it any specific angle?
    Zez
    Zez

3DS Price and date of release Blackr103DS Price and date of release Medalw113DS Price and date of release Zigzag103DS Price and date of release Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez October 4th 2010, 9:03 pm

Auflodern wrote:Makes me think of the dead company 3DO...

Virtual Boy is more like it.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 11th 2010, 12:03 pm

Zez wrote:
    Auflodern wrote:Makes me think of the dead company 3DO...

Virtual Boy is more like it.

Well, likelihood is, the Wii 3D will not fail. I mean, it's the only handheld console in the market which has 3D technology which doesn't require you to wear glasses.
    TurboAce360
    TurboAce360

3DS Price and date of release 3qll2

Rep0

Post by TurboAce360 October 12th 2010, 2:32 am

Sweet Mercy wrote:
    TurboAce360 wrote:According to Nintendo (or at least the guys at E3) if you look at it from a side angle, you could possibly go blind.

Thanks for telling me that. When you say side angle, do you mean just looking at it from the side, or is it any specific angle?
    Not sure, but I'm pretty sure it's a specific angle.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 12th 2010, 11:08 am

TurboAce360 wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure it's a specific angle.

Good. I don't want to turn blind just because I looked at it from the side.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Rep9

Post by karkooshy October 12th 2010, 11:50 am

TurboAce360 wrote:According to Nintendo (or at least the guys at E3) if you look at it from a side angle, you could possibly go blind.

That doesn't make sense. The human eye, or rather the brain, can process a lot more than what you think :faic:
    I don't think you'd go blind looking at an angle of the 3DS... Surely nintendo thought that over (I doubt they'll even be allowed to sell it if that were an issue)
    The worst case scenario in my opinion would be headaches after extensive playtime.... But you'll get used to it eventually...
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 12th 2010, 11:57 am

The worst case scenario in my opinion would be headaches after extensive playtime.... But you'll get used to it eventually...

You get headaches after playing any video game console. Why should this one be any different?

Surely nintendo thought that over (I doubt they'll even be allowed to sell it if that were an issue)

Yes. I was wondering that myself. Now I think of it, I don't think the Health and Safety laws would let them sell the 3DS if there was a possibility of blindness.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Rep9

Post by karkooshy October 12th 2010, 12:19 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:

You get headaches after playing any video game console. Why should this one be any different?

Because it uses a fuzzed up image on a special kind of glass that forces each eye to receive different information thereby causing this 3D effect... I think...
    I'm pretty sure that's how it, or sort of, how the 3DS works.
    Now, when you force each eye to collect different information, you get a problem xD
    It's kinda like those old 3D glasses, where one patch is red and the other is blue... you remember those?

3DS Price and date of release What_a10

ah, those used to give me such headaches lol
    I believe the 3ds would cause a similar effect... but like I said, you get used to it eventually.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 12th 2010, 2:24 pm

karkooshy wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:

Because it uses a fuzzed up image on a special kind of glass that forces each eye to receive different information thereby causing this 3D effect... I think...
    I'm pretty sure that's how it, or sort of, how the 3DS works.
    Now, when you force each eye to collect different information, you get a problem xD
    It's kinda like those old 3D glasses, where one patch is red and the other is blue... you remember those?

3DS Price and date of release What_a10

ah, those used to give me such headaches lol
    I believe the 3ds would cause a similar effect... but like I said, you get used to it eventually.

Oh yeah, I get what you mean.

It's like the difference between ordinary 2D TV and 3D TV. Ordinary games consoles still give you headaches if you game for 4-5 hours at a time, but these give you much worse headaches (due to the fact that, as you said, each eye receives different information).

I think the maximum time you could play a 3DS game safely would be about 2 hours at a time (maximum). Otherwise the headaches would be too bad.
    sykog
    sykog

3DS Price and date of release Blackr103DS Price and date of release Medalw113DS Price and date of release Medalg103DS Price and date of release Zigzag103DS Price and date of release Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog October 16th 2010, 3:00 pm

karkooshy wrote:

That doesn't make sense. The human eye, or rather the brain, can process a lot more than what you think :faic:
    I don't think you'd go blind looking at an angle of the 3DS... Surely nintendo thought that over (I doubt they'll even be allowed to sell it if that were an issue)
    I really like how you can adjust the intensity of the 3D-ness. Maybe you can turn it off altogether if it gets annoying.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 16th 2010, 3:07 pm

sykog wrote:
    karkooshy wrote:

I really like how you can adjust the intensity of the 3D-ness. Maybe you can turn it off altogether if it gets annoying.

You can adjust the intensity of the 3D-ness?

This is the first time I'm hearing this....
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

3DS Price and date of release WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa October 16th 2010, 5:36 pm

Yes you can.
    http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user),
    cala224

: Female
     Rep0

Post by cala224 October 17th 2010, 7:59 am

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg im gettin that im gettin that !~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faic: Bounce lol :wtflol: :amy: 🆒
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 17th 2010, 10:37 am

Kuronoa wrote:Yes you can.
    http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user),

Whoa, technology is advancing faster than I thought it would. One of these days, I won't be able to keep up anymore.
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa October 17th 2010, 4:51 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:
    Whoa, technology is advancing faster than I thought it would. One of these days, I won't be able to keep up anymore.

I already cannot. lol
    I don't have a HDTV, I have internet at home but have yet to get a console/handheld connected... I'm starting to be an old fashioned gamer.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 18th 2010, 11:00 am

Kuronoa wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:

I already cannot. lol
    I don't have a HDTV, I have internet at home but have yet to get a console/handheld connected... I'm starting to be an old fashioned gamer.

Don't worry, I'm sure you can catch up merely by reading the contents of this forum. Knowledge of the latest gaming tech is easy to obtain. It's only hard to get experience of the latest gaming tech.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content