Super Racer Z
merzitar
Shade
9 posters

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics

Shade
    Shade

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics VOZLn

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medalw11Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Zigzag10Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Empty Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics

Post by Shade October 17th 2010, 11:09 am

http://www.segabits.com/?p=4926
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-1cGzPn3E&feature=player_embedded

Well, there's a Sonic Fan complaining about the Sonic 4 physics. I'm not sure what to make of this. What do you guys think?.
    merzitar
    merzitar

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics WFmvl

Rep0

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Empty Re: Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics

Post by merzitar October 17th 2010, 11:11 am

I'm not sure if I can be bothered to watch that video. It annoys me how people keep bitching about silly little things in Sonic 4.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics 56qtD

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medalw11Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medal13

Rep16

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Empty Re: Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics

Post by Super Racer Z October 17th 2010, 10:14 pm

He was kind of (edit: really) pretentious in the way he showed it, but I do agree with pretty much all of the points he brought regarding the physics in the first part(though I didn't care for the rant before that).

Also, if you watch the second part, he's not half bad at Sonic 1 or Sonic 2, though he aims to get a lot of rings and most of the secrets instead of going for the fastest time.
    Shade
    Shade

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medalw11Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Zigzag10Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade October 18th 2010, 4:00 pm

merzitar wrote:I'm not sure if I can be bothered to watch that video. It annoys me how people keep bitching about silly little things in Sonic 4.

Well, it's the people who criticize Sonic 4 who inspire the improvement of the Sonic Franchise, for criticism shows people their faults, and helps them improve.
    merzitar
    merzitar

Rep0

Post by merzitar October 18th 2010, 5:51 pm

I see where you're coming from, but there's a difference between complaining and bashing.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 19th 2010, 11:11 am

merzitar wrote:I see where you're coming from, but there's a difference between complaining and bashing.

Yeah. Bashing should always be backed up with evidence.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom October 19th 2010, 11:19 am

In my experience, "complaining" amounts to saying "I didn't like it," and "bashing" amounts to saying "this absolutely sucks--FACT."

Bashing is never constructive or useful, unless you're the AVGN.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix October 19th 2010, 12:32 pm

Agreed. ^ Constructive criticism is always the way to go.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 19th 2010, 1:37 pm

SEGA Dude wrote:Agreed. ^ Constructive criticism is always the way to go.

Yes. It always confirms that the person who is giving the constructive criticism is unbiased, which is usually a relief.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medalw11Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 19th 2010, 4:39 pm

He's more like somewhere in the middle. He bashes it, but he provides live gameplay evidence (regarding Sonic 4 and it's physics compared to the old games) of why he dislikes it so much. At least, in the context of what I believe bashing to be.

Last edited by Super Racer Z on October 26th 2010, 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Blackr10Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medalw11Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Zigzag10Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez October 19th 2010, 6:57 pm

This wasn't bashing, he gave both sides the benefit of the doubt. I don't believe any of you really watched this other than Zack.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 26th 2010, 6:16 am

Zez wrote:This wasn't bashing, he gave both sides the benefit of the doubt. I don't believe any of you really watched this other than Zack.

It's a bit of a shame really, as he had some good points.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 26th 2010, 6:47 am

Super Racer Z wrote:He's more like somewhere in the middle. He bashes it, but he provides live gameplay evidence (regarding Sonic 4 and it's physics compared to the old games) of why he dislikes it so much. At least, in the context of what I believe bashing to be.

Very true. I said before that bashing is OK, as long as evidence is given to justify the bashing. It's when people bash things but fail to provide any justification that I start not to take notice.
    sykog
    sykog

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Imagee10

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Blackr10Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medalw11Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medalg10Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Zigzag10Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog October 27th 2010, 1:28 am

Zez wrote:This wasn't bashing, he gave both sides the benefit of the doubt. I don't believe any of you really watched this other than Zack.
    Well, who wants to spend 20 minutes watching that?
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Blackr10Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medalw11Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Zigzag10Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez October 27th 2010, 5:26 pm

sykog wrote:

Anyone who cares about Sonic.

*waits for flood of sarcastic and "witty" remarks*
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 27th 2010, 5:29 pm

Zez wrote:
    sykog wrote:

Anyone who cares about Sonic.

*waits for flood of sarcastic and "witty" remarks*

*No sarcastic or "witty" remarks come*

I think you're right on this one, Zez.
    Link451
    Link451

Sonic fan does a 20 minute YouTube rant about Sonic 4 physics Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 October 27th 2010, 6:10 pm

sykog wrote:

Who indeed?

I mean, it's not like the game's physics haven't been complained and criticized enough as it is. I also don't think complaining will really make SoA change anything. Remember how much they were talking about listening to fans before Unleashed came out, and Unleashed still included the Werehog, which was exactly what the fans didn't want? And how Sonic 4's physics were being complained about from the first build and they said they'd take extra time to work on them, and they're still not the way fans complained wanting them as?
    elseb
    elseb

Rep0

Post by elseb November 10th 2010, 4:26 pm

I've just watched the video, i loved the Sonic Rush series! :(
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade November 10th 2010, 5:01 pm

[quote="Link451"]
    sykog wrote:

Who indeed?

I mean, it's not like the game's physics haven't been complained and criticized enough as it is. I also don't think complaining will really make SoA change anything. Remember how much they were talking about listening to fans before Unleashed came out, and Unleashed still included the Werehog, which was exactly what the fans didn't want? And how Sonic 4's physics were being complained about from the first build and they said they'd take extra time to work on them, and they're still not the way fans complained wanting them as?[/quote]

Maybe SEGA has yet to complete their customer feedback?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content