The ancient lands.

+4
Chaos_Overlord
NeoMetalSonic
Shade
The Freedom Fighter
8 posters

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games?

The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? ZtZYh

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Blackr10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalw11Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Zigzag10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? White10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medal13Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Empty Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games?

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 21st 2010, 6:53 pm

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/10/pop-fiction-can-mew-be-caught-without-cheats-in-the-original-pokemon-games.html#more
    Shade
    Shade

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? VOZLn

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalw11Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Zigzag10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medal13

Rep2

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Empty Re: Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games?

Post by Shade October 22nd 2010, 11:17 am

Yeah, I remember when I caught Mewtwo in Pokemon Blue (I think it was). You can find him in the cave, and it's possible to catch him without cheats.

Last edited by Sweet Mercy on October 23rd 2010, 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Imagee10

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Blackr10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalw11Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Zigzag10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? White10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medal13Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalg10

Rep35

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Empty Re: Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games?

Post by NeoMetalSonic October 22nd 2010, 7:09 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:Yeah, I remember when I caught Mew in Pokemon Blue (I think it was). You can find him in the cave, and it's possible to catch him without cheats.
    That was MewTWO

And this news is old as mold
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? VOZLn

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalw11Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord October 22nd 2010, 9:11 pm

Yes, you can. It is a pretty complicated process.
    Step 1: get an Abra (R/B Route 24(?) north of Cerulean, Y: route south of Cerulean near the Day Care Center)
    Step 2: on the route just North of Cerulean, in the grass there is a trainer. Position your character so he is one space off the screen and seeing you. Step down and quickly pause before he sees you and use Teleport. If it worked, when you go back to Cerulean's pokemon center, the pause button will be disabled
    Step 3: on the second route north from Cerulean, past the nugget bridge, battle the fourth trainer that you see. he is the second youngster after the two hickers and he has a lv. 17 Slowpoke (note: you MUST be at least 2 or more steps away from him or the game will freeze). after beating him, the pause button will work again. Use teleport a second time.
    Step 4: Go back towards the Nugget Bridge. eventually, the pause menu will pop up for no reason. make your preparations, close the menu, and a lv. 7 Mew will appear.
    Step 5: Capture it.
    I have tested this and it works on red blue and yellow.
    Shade
    Shade

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalw11Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Zigzag10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade October 23rd 2010, 7:14 am

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:Yeah, I remember when I caught Mew in Pokemon Blue (I think it was). You can find him in the cave, and it's possible to catch him without cheats.
    That was MewTWO

And this news is old as mold

Yeah, I know it's quite old. The last time I played that game was six years ago... and it was old even then! Works though, if you want to know how to catch mewtwo in 1990's Pokemon Blue.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Blackr10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalw11Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalg10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? White10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz October 23rd 2010, 12:06 pm

There is no secret to catching Mewtwo, everyone knows where to find him, I'm pretty sure the game even tells you at one point. Mew, however does not exist anywhere in the game, the only way to catch him is with a Gameshark or the aforementioned glitch.
    Humble Novice

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Humble Novice November 6th 2010, 8:02 pm

If Mew wasn’t supposed to be a legitimate Pokémon in those games, then why did they include it in the first place?
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalw11Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord November 6th 2010, 11:19 pm

Who knows?
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Blackr10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalw11Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medalg10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? White10Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz November 7th 2010, 9:10 pm

Humble Novice wrote:If Mew wasn’t supposed to be a legitimate Pokémon in those games, then why did they include it in the first place?
    As a secret? Or more likely, they planned on distributing them at a special event but didn't get around to it until the later games were already out.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade November 8th 2010, 12:22 pm

Humble Novice wrote:If Mew wasn’t supposed to be a legitimate Pokémon in those games, then why did they include it in the first place?

Perhaps as a glimpse, or an indication that they would include Mew in any future Pokemon games.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord November 8th 2010, 3:28 pm

But you can't get him without cheating (thats what I call using an Action Replay) or through the special events.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor November 8th 2010, 7:25 pm

Wow. That's pretty awesome. I wish I'd known about that back when I still played Pokemon.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade November 9th 2010, 12:04 pm

Chaos_Overlord wrote:But you can't get him without cheating (thats what I call using an Action Replay) or through the special events.

Well, what's wrong with cheating? If all you have to do to get him is cheat, then I don't see what the problem is.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord November 10th 2010, 11:56 am

I just hate doing it. I like trying to find stuff out myself. Granted, with something like that, there's not much choice in the matter...
    DragonLX
    DragonLX

Pop Fiction: Can Mew be Caught Without Cheats in the Original Pokemon Games? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by DragonLX November 10th 2010, 4:49 pm

Ah, I remember the Mew glitch. It isn't really hard to do, but that counts as 'cheating' since it's a glitch, I suppose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content