The ancient lands.

3 posters

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Erazor
    Erazor

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Imagee10

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Blackr10Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medalw11Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medalg10Castlevania: Harmony of Despair White10Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medal13

: Male
     Rep22

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Empty Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Post by Erazor December 6th 2010, 1:17 am

I'm pretty sure there's no thread for this yet. Anyway, with the exception of Judgement on the Wii, this is the only online accessible game in the Castlevania series now. It's been out for a few months now and, despite only having six levels, it still holds my interest.

In short, you and up to five other players explore a large stage, killing enemies, finding treasure, and inevitably fighting a boss at the end. It all sounds very tedious, but you're constantly being rewarded with new items and there's a harder difficulty to stave off boredom.

There are five playable characters from around the series and some downloadable ones as well.

Spoiler:

There's also a downloadable stage, but there's only one and it's not quite as entertaining to play as the original six. There's also some downloadable music packs, but I wouldn't recommend them unless you have no way of downloading them off of the internet and have some extra MSpoints laying around.

Anyway, let me know if any of you guys have this. I need some people to play online with.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medalw11Castlevania: Harmony of Despair White10Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medal13

Rep67

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Empty Re: Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Post by Jmh December 13th 2010, 12:31 am

I'm downloading a demo right now to see what it's like.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Blackr10Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medalw11Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medalg10Castlevania: Harmony of Despair White10Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor December 13th 2010, 12:34 am

I must warn you. The game is very difficult in solo. I had to replay the first stage at least five times before I was skilled, and leveled enough to beat it.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medalw11Castlevania: Harmony of Despair White10Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh December 13th 2010, 12:40 am

Erazor wrote:I must warn you. The game is very difficult in solo. I had to replay the first stage at least five times before I was skilled, and leveled enough to beat it.
    Well, this is a Castlevania game, right?
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor December 13th 2010, 12:54 am

Jmh wrote:
    Erazor wrote:I must warn you. The game is very difficult in solo. I had to replay the first stage at least five times before I was skilled, and leveled enough to beat it.
    Well, this is a Castlevania game, right?
    Yeah, but I think it's difficult for different reasons.
    Shade
    Shade

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair VOZLn

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medalw11Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Zigzag10Castlevania: Harmony of Despair Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade December 18th 2010, 4:31 am

The graphics of this game look quite good.

I'm expecting good things from this game.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor December 24th 2010, 3:12 am

There's been a major update released for this game as of late.

Johnathan, Julius, and Richter haved been buffed a bit with all of their sub-weapons requiring less magic. Soma and Alucard have had a few of their weapon's strengths tweaked. Charlotte has been nerfed a bit. Shanoa is relatively the same. I really don't know or care about Maria or Yoko's updates so whatev.

The multiplayer setup is thankfully much more streamlined.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content