The ancient lands.

4 posters

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3

Poll

Does Nintendo have the rights to the new Goldeney game?

[ 2 ]
    Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Bar_le11100%Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Bar_ri11 [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Bar_le110%Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Bar_ri11 [0%] 

Total Votes: 2
    TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 3qll2

Rep7

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Empty Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3

Post by TheLordsbeacon July 23rd 2011, 11:25 pm

Just curious on your thought to the wii Goldeneye making the jump to the HD consoles. Don't get me wrong, I am excited at the prospect, but my first thought was, "What does Nintendo think of this?". Nintendo had the rights to the original Goldeneye. They had the legal power to prevent the Goldeneye remake from coming out for PS3 online and Xbox Live Arcade.

I am just curious as to weather Nintendo has the legal right to stop the port to the other systems with the new Goldeneye. The name was changed to "Goldeneye Reloaded", but it is still the same game. Hmmmmmmm I see I have the ability to throw a Poll question in here...Ehhh, might as well. Poor Nintendo. It seems like whenever they get someone to make a great game for them, they end up leaving Nintendo. I'm not sure but I think Nintendo might have even worked with the developer to get the game made.

Here is the link to the story on IGN if you are curious

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/023/023717.html
    Shade
    Shade

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 VOZLn

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Medalw11Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Zigzag10Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Empty Re: Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3

Post by Shade July 24th 2011, 6:42 am

Oh.

They probably do.

Does that mean the new Goldeneye will be Wii Exclusive?
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 GOMM8

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Medal13

Rep38

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Empty Re: Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3

Post by Hushimo July 24th 2011, 12:31 pm

Same could be asked of how Sega feels giving Nintendo exclusive rights to Sonic.
    TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

Rep7

Post by TheLordsbeacon July 24th 2011, 1:34 pm

Hushimo wrote:Same could be asked of how Sega feels giving Nintendo exclusive rights to Sonic.

When did that happen? Are you talking about the Mario and Sonic Olympic games?
    Link451
    Link451

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 July 24th 2011, 1:46 pm

Hushimo wrote:Same could be asked of how Sega feels giving Nintendo exclusive rights to Sonic.

I don't recall that either. Sega gave all the consoles rights to Sonic, from what I understand.

Anyway, I don't really know. I never played the original Goldeneye but I did hear it was good. I might try this if I get the time and money. As for the rights thing... I think there won't be any problems. Companies just allow other companies to use their games sometimes.
    TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

Rep7

Post by TheLordsbeacon July 24th 2011, 2:14 pm

Link451 wrote:

I don't recall that either. Sega gave all the consoles rights to Sonic, from what I understand.

Anyway, I don't really know. I never played the original Goldeneye but I did hear it was good. I might try this if I get the time and money. As for the rights thing... I think there won't be any problems. Companies just allow other companies to use their games sometimes.

You have never played Goldeneye? That makes me feel old. Well I wish there was an HD remake of it similar to Perfect Dark on XBLA. You have to get an N64 out to play the original. It is still fun to play but the muddy graphics are a bit hard to swallow especially for someone who is used to HD visuals.

Goldeneye is still the best shooter of all time in my book. You know, I have been thinking lately about the reasons why Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark were so great compared to today's games and I realized something. Those games were the closest thing to a non-linear shooter that you could find. I have tried a lot of modern shooters and they all seem to follow the original Halo formula. The only shooter that comes across as somewhat different from the norm is Crysis 2.

Well in any case, If you have never played the N64 Classic shooters, I recommend downloading the HD remake of Perfect Dark. Please don't consider Perfect Dark Zero in your decision to purchase the original on XBLA... I don't know what happened to Perfect Dark Zero in its long development cycle, but it is a game that I would prefer to forget.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 GOMM8

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo July 24th 2011, 3:49 pm

Link451 wrote:

I mean how some Sonic games are only available on Nintendo consoles, and how Nintendo holds Sonic Adventure 2 now, which is why they haven't re-realeased it yet.
    Shade
    Shade

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 VOZLn

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Medalw11Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Zigzag10Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 24th 2011, 4:48 pm

Hushimo wrote:
    Link451 wrote:

I mean how some Sonic games are only available on Nintendo consoles, and how Nintendo holds Sonic Adventure 2 now, which is why they haven't re-realeased it yet.

Oh, right.

I don't know why SEGA does that...

Maybe it's part of a contract or something...
    TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

Rep7

Post by TheLordsbeacon July 28th 2011, 11:15 pm

I didn't know that Sega did that. I'm not sure why they did it. Maybe they see some kind of value the relationship. I know it is hard to see any value in Nintendo right now but maybe we will when the wii U comes out. FINALLY a high def Nintendo :)

I can't really judge for myself what I really think of that partnership with Nintendo since I don't have a wii. I always wanted to try fighting as Sonic in Smash brothers. I haven't played Mario vs Sonic Olympics either, but the concept is silly to me.

Wait, it just occurred to me...Sonic Adventure did come out for XBLA. Here is the link...
    http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/076/076865.html

I'll warn you though, your not going to like the rating

Disgusted
    TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

Rep7

Modern Goldeneye making the jump to 360 & PS3 Empty Goldeneye coming out soon.

Post by TheLordsbeacon October 22nd 2011, 11:11 pm

Sorry Hushimo. I just realized that you said Sonic Adventure 2, not Sonic Adventure 1.

Also, I didn't mean to be away for so long. I've just been busy with the new job. Well, I thought I would provide everyone with a link to media about the new Goldeneye Reloaded game. Here it is...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1182588p1.html

From that page, you can click on the "images" or "videos" link. The images load faster and are in a higher definition than the videos. Of course the videos are always better to get a look at gameplay.

I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed that this game is being released at the same time as MW3 and Battlefield 3. Goldeneye Reloaded will be glossed over with all of these other blockbuster games coming out at the same time.

It reminds me of when Halo 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect came out at the same time on the xbox. Future Perfect was SUCH an amazing game. And yet, when I mentioned the game to most of my friends, they said "Timesplitters what? They came out with another Timesplitters?" Just in case any of you have not heard of Timesplitters FP. It was a first person shooter game that came out on all three consoles in 2005 (xbox ps2 and GC). It had online support, several game modes and a better mapmaker on console than any other game has to date. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Goldeneye Reloaded will be as good. However, I know it will be a good game. It already got a 9 out of 10 on IGN for the wii.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content