The ancient lands.

3 posters

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over

Link451
    Link451

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep11

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Empty Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over

Post by Link451 August 20th 2011, 1:46 pm

So here's something I was writing a long time ago in my spare time. I never finished it because I got distracted with other things, but I might write more soon. Anyway, feel free to tell me your opinions.

Chapter One
    Sonic rides Tails’ plane back to Station Square and the two dismount.
    “Well, that was one heck of an adventure!” Sonic says.
    “Sure was!”
    “Yup. Well, see ya bud. I’m gonna go rent a hotel for the night.”
    “Okay. I’ll go over to my workshop. There’s something I need to check on.”
    The two part ways. Sonic goes into the hotel lobby and Tails heads towards the train. Sonic passes through the hotel lobby doors to speak with the service representative.
    “Hey, I just saved the whole world from Dark Gaia. Mind letting me crash in one of your rooms for the night for free?”
    “I’m sorry, but you must still obey the law.”
    Sonic sighs. He begins walking out of the doors to sit by the pool in one of the folding chairs.
    “Man, if only there was something I could do to make some money. I can’t stand being by the water and it’s the only other place around here with seats…”
    Suddenly, a tall man with brown hair, a brown coat, a green T-shirt and brown pants walks up to Sonic.
    “Did you say you’d like to earn some money?”
    “Yeah! You know a way?”
    “I have a proposition for you. Pick me up a package from the news center in Station Square’s main plaza and I’ll pay you 300 mobians.”
    “Woah! That much?”
    “Yes, you’re our renowned hero. You don’t deserve anything less.”
    “Heh! That’s true! All righty, be back in a flash!”
    Sonic begins running away to the news station. Then he stops and heads back, realizing he didn’t ask the person his name.
    “Oh, by the way… what’s your name? I don’t think I can get the package without it.”
    “Oh, right…. my name is David Motims.”
    “All righty. Be back soon, so don’t leave!”
    Sonic runs super fast out of the area and to the news stand. He talks to the female representative there.
    “Hey, I’m looking to pick up a package for a guy named David Motims,” he says.
    “Yes, one second please.”
    The representative looks in the back and brings out a giant heavy package wrapped in brown shipment paper that seems about five pounds, 4 inches wide and 4 inches high.
    “Uh… all right, here.”
    Sonic grabs it from her. He has a hard time carrying it because it’s so large but struggles through the hotel and makes it back to David.
    “Ah, you brought it.”
    Sonic sweats and huffs, then puts it down.
    “Yeah, this thing is freaking heavy. Why couldn’t you get it yourself?”
    “I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to carry it.”
    Sonic sighs. “All right, whatever. Can I just have the money?”
    “Yes. Here you go,” David hands over the three hundred mobians.
    “All right, thanks! Let me know if you need me to do any more jobs for you!”
    Sonic runs off to the hotel reception desk. He talks with the clerk again.
    “Okay, so how much for one night?”
    “150 mobians.”
    “All righty. Here you go,” Sonic hands over 150.
    “Excellent. Here is your room key,” the clerk pulls a key out of the desk, “and your room number is 55. Thank you for staying with the Station Square hotel.”
    “Yup.”
    Sonic takes the elevator to floor 2 of the hotel and walks down the aisle. He eventually finds room 55. He uses the key to open it and is shocked when he goes inside. The bed is made extremely fancy, there’s lots of food on the table, and a wide screen plasma TV on the shelf with an advanced remote.
    “Woah, I could get used to this.”
    Sonic lays down on the bed to relax. He takes off his sneakers and plans to have a lazy night after all the drama with Dark Gaia and Eggman he had just been through. He takes the remote that’s on the desk next to the bed and turns on the power, turning on the TV. He begins flipping through the channels looking for something interesting to watch.
    “Hm… bleh… what?!”
    While flipping through the channels, Sonic discovers a news broadcast that catches his interests. The female newsreporter wearing a blue shirt and green skirt speaks.
    “Once again, our world has been saved thanks to the efforts of our hero, Sonic the Hedgehog. Although the perpetrator, the evil scientist Dr. Eggman, is missing, Sonic successfully restored our planet’s continets back together with the power of the Chaos Emeralds. He also defeated the evil beast Dr. Eggman was trying to release, Dark Gaia. We owe him our eternal grattitude yet again.”
    Sonic thinks to himself. (“Hmm… I wonder where Dark Gaia flung Eggman off to anyways… either way, hopefully I won’t have to worry about him for a while.”)
    “Despite all Sonic’s efforts, researchers report Dark Gaia has not been completely defeated. Spores of the beast upon its defeat have been popping up in new countries and is taking over their minds. It is strongly suggested to all of you that you remain inside your houses at all times until this issue is resolved.”
    Sonic looks at the TV with his eyes bulging.
    “Man, no one knows how to give a hero a break!” He runs out the hotel door prepared to meet Tails in Tails’ workshop and ask for the use of the Tornado. Before he leaves, he quickly scarfs down all the food on the table so he’ll have energy for the upcoming adventure.
    But as Sonic was getting his hotel registration, Tails was having other dilemmas…
    Tails arrives at his workshop and parks the Tornado in his garage. He goes inside the workshop door to get some parts he was planning on installing into the Tornado.
    “Hmm, these look good,” he picks up a new power laser and thruster parts and takes them into the garage. He begins installing the parts, when suddenly, the whole plane explodes after he installs the laser in. Tails becomes covered in ash with the parts scattered all over.
    “Uh… that wasn’t supposed to happen!” Then, he hears a voice coming from the other corner of the room.
    “It wasn’t?”
    Dr. Eggman walks up in front of Tails.
    “Eggman! You did this! I thought Dark Gaia sent you far away!”
    “Haven’t you learned I never stay down for longer than a day yet?”
    “Grr. What do you want?”
    “Just your assistance, my fine fox friend.”
    “I would never help you! I‘m not a sucker for your pathetic tricks like that Knucklehead!”
    “Who ever said I was giving you a choice? SA-55! Do your thing!”
    From behind Tails, Tails suddenly gets shocked and paralyzed. He falls to the floor KOed.
    “Great work! Now put him in our container and let’s get back to the base!”
    “Yes, doctor.”
    SA-55 uses his arms to create a force field capsule around Tails, then drags him out of the workshop. Eggman and SA-55 (with SA-55 dragging the unconcious Tails) hop into Eggman’s Egg-o-matic and fly off.
    Sonic races to Mystic Ruins to Tails’ workshop. He finds nothing but scraps of the Tornado with no signs of Tails.
    “What the heck happened here? Tails? Tails?”
    Sonic continues looking through the workshop, checking under desks and equipment for clues. He finds some orange hair in the garage, but nothing else.
    “What the heck could have happened to him? Ugh… it seems like something must have took him!”
    Sonic thinks to himself on what to do next, and eventually decides there’s only one option. He decides to take the plane parts with him and goes to the deeper part of Mystic Ruins, where the floating Angel Island resides and Knuckles guards the Master Emerald.
    “Hey! Knucklehead! Come down here!” Sonic calls from below when he gets there.
    Knuckles is sleeping on the job, but is awoken by Sonic’s yelling.
    “What the heck do you want?! I was taking my nap!”
    “Oh, that’s real professional for a guardian!”
    Knuckles’ eyes turn red and his face gets angry. He jumps off Angel Island to confront Sonic.
    “Are you looking for a fight, Sonic?! I’ll happily give you one!”
    “Woah, calm down, Knuckles! I just need your help with something.”
    Knuckles breathes deep and cools down.
    “Fine… I’ll hear you out. What is it?”
    “Well, if you didn’t hear, I just recently saved the world from a beast named Dark Gaia. But apparentally Dark Gaia’s not all defeated yet. I just heard a report on the news that some of his spores still remain in other countries I didn’t visit.”
    “And what do you want me to do?”
    “Well, see… Tails went to his workshop when we got back here, and I went over to ask him to use the Tornado after hearing the news, but he was missing and the Tornado was blown up. I was hoping maybe you could use the Master Emerald to restore the Tornado.”
    “I guess I’ll give it a shot,” Knuckles says. He climbs back up to Angel Island, grabs the Master Emerald and takes it back to the ground by the Tornado pieces.
    “The servers are the seven chaos. Chaos is power, power enriched by the heart. Make this plane whole again!”
    Suddenly, the Tornado parts begin to glow green and reconnect to each other. After a few minutes, the Tornado is returned to its original shape.
    “Gee, thanks Knuckles! All right, I’ll catch ya later.”
    Sonic hops into the Tornado driving seat and pushes the gas. He takes off past Angel Island and over the ocean. Suddenly, Knuckles hops onto the top wing from Angel Island as the Tornado passes.
    “Hey! What are you doing?”
    “You may need my help. I’ll come with you.”
    “Uh, thanks, but I really think you’ll just get in the way.”
    “I’m taking the Master Emerald with me. You may end up needing it. Besides, I’m not just gonna sit back and let you get all the glory again.”
    Sonic sighs and decides there’s no use in arguing with him.
    “All right, fine.”
    “So where are we going first?”
    “I’m going to Shamar to see Professor Pickle. He should be able to help us, as he was a great help last time.”
    “All right.”
    The two fly off over the sea, heading towards Shamar.
    Meanwhile, at Eggman’s base, Eggman places Tails in a green tube capsule. Tails awakens and begins freaking out.
    “Hey! What’s the deal? Let me out of here!”
    “Ah, didn’t I tell you you were going to help me?”
    “I told you I never would!”
    “Hmm… SA-55! Call Agent David now!”
    “Yes, doctor,” SA-55 says and begins dialing Eggman’s phone.
    “Yes?”
    “The doctor would like to know if you received the shipment yet.”
    “Yes, I have. I wasn’t familiar with the town so I asked a blue hedgehog to get it for me.”
    “The doctor demands you bring it to him at once. Here are our location co-ordinates.”
    “Right, and we still have the deal? Complete world domination shared with me once he succeeds?”
    “Of course. The doctor is an honest fellow who would never break a deal.”
    “Good! I’ll be right there!”
    Cut back to Eggman.
    “Ho ho ho! My plans are preceeding perfectly! And Sonic’s so busy with Dark Gaia, he’ll have no time to stop me! But just in case…”
    Tails calls from inside the capsule.
    “You’ll never get away with this!”
    “Ah, but I will. SA-55, pull the switch!”
    “Yes, doctor.”
    SA-55 pulls a switch on the wall that causes the capsule Tails is in to begin flooding with chemicals. Tails has a hard time breathing. Eventually, the chemicals finish soaking into Tails’ fur.
    “So Tails, are you willing to help me now?”
    “Yes, Doctor Eggman. I will do whatever you wish,” Tails says in a monotone type voice. The chemicals were brainwashment that cause the infected to become loyal to Eggman.
    “Good! All right SA-55, open the capsule!” SA-55 pushes another button on the wall, this one green and opening the capsule. Tails walks out of it.
    “What do you desire, master?” Tails says.
    End of chapter one.
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Empty Re: Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over

Post by Link451 August 20th 2011, 1:47 pm

Chapter Two

Sonic continues flying the Tornado over the ocean with Knuckles standing on top. Knuckles asks Sonic a question.
    “Hey, how much longer until we’re there? Are you sure we’re going in the right direction?”
    “Yup, I got this map straight from Tails’ lab.”
    “What? You mean you’re reading it and steering at the same time?”
    “Yeah. What about it?”
    “You idiot! Ever consider you may have made a wrong turn?”
    “Uh, come to think of it, something does seem off here.”
    Sonic looks at the map and sees that the landscape below them is different from the landscape they should be at on the map.
    “Heh… heh…”
    “GRR! Get out! I’m flying the plane!”
    Knuckles begins trying to grab the steering wheel and push Sonic out.
    “No! Knock it off, Knuckles! I can’t see!”
    “No! You’ve wasted my time enough! Get out now!”
    “Knuckles, look in front of you!”
    Knuckles turns around to see a giant mountain. The mountain is too close to them for Sonic to stop the plane in time.
    “What the?! That’s it, see ya!”
    “Wait!”
    Knuckles glides off the plane, and Sonic jumps onto his back as he does so. They begin decending towards the ground, eventually landing on a small island with a hut on it. Sonic looks at Knuckles and begins yelling.
    “This is all your fault! We’ll never get to Shamar now!”
    “My fault?! You’re the one who was reading the map wrong!”
    “Yeah, but that doesn’t mean you have to ruin my steering and make us crash!”
    “Shut up! I was nice enough to offer my assistance in the first place!”
    “And did I ask for it?!”
    “That’s it! I’m teaching you a lesson!”
    “Bring it on, Knucklehead!”
    Sonic and Knuckles begin charging at each other preparing to fight. Sonic jumps up in the air and tries to homing attack Knuckles, but Knuckles blocks it with his fists. Knuckles then digs underneath the ground. Sonic runs around the island waiting for him to pop up, saying “Hey, are you chicken? Come on!”
    Knuckles eventually digs out of the ground under Sonic. “Take that!” he says. Sonic falls on the ground, but quickly hoists himself back up to continue fighting. He then begins running around Knuckles in circles.
    “Hey, knock it off!” Knuckles says. Knuckles eventually grows dizzy and begins seeing stars and walking funny. Sonic does a spin dash at him, which knocks him into the sand. Knuckles angrily gets up bruised and spits some sand out of his mouth. He then looks at Sonic with angry teeth, “Is that the best you got?!”
    “Grr, don’t push me!” Sonic replies. Sonic goes in for another homing attack, but Knuckles punches him into the hut as he does, which knocks him out. Sonic gets up, beginning to get bruises as well, and they continue fighting.
    Meanwhile, at Eggman’s base, someone knocks on the door. SA-55 opens it and it’s David with the package. He walks in and down the hall, until he finds Eggman sitting in his chair.
    “Hello, doctor. Here’s the package as you requested.”
    Eggman turns around. He grabs the package from David and then opens it. Inside is a gray machine with a gun inside it and red attenas on top of it.
    “So, what is it? What are you planning to do with it?”
    “Excuse me?”
    “We’re partners in world domination, remember? I deserve to be cut in on your plans.”
    “Oh, right… about that. Egg Fighter! Egg Launcher! Grab him!”
    From behind David, an Egg Fighter and Egg Launcher robot show up and grab him.
    “What? This wasn’t part of the deal!”
    “It is now. Put him in the capsule!”
    They throw him in the capsule.
    “No! Don’t!”
    “Now, SA-55! Hit the switch!”
    SA-55, by the switches, hits it which fills the capsule with chemicals. The same thing happens as did with Tails - the chemicals absorb into David’s skin, making him a complete servant to Dr. Eggman. Cut back to Eggman.
    “All right, now open the capsule!”
    David comes out, with still looking eyes and a monotonous voice.
    “How may I serve you, master?”
    “Hahaha! SA-55, the pieces are all in place! My ultimate plan is finally about to reach fruition!”
    “Yes, doctor. You are an extremely brilliant scientist. I just hope Sonic doesn’t ruin this plan like he has your other fifty thousand ones.”
    “He won’t! Hahaha!”
    “You sure are confident, doctor…”
    Eggman grabs SA-55. “Shut up! Insult my plans one more time and see what happens!”
    “Yes, sir! I will be quiet now!”
    “Good!” Eggman puts SA-55 down. He then turns around to look at Tails and David.
    “All right, here’s the plan, servants! I want both of you to find that pesky hedgehog. Pretend that you’re still on his side and pretend that you found where my base is and lead him here. Meanwhile, I’m going to work on installing my ultimate weapon that you delivered!”
    “Yes, sir…” they say, mindlessly.
    Eggman turns around to look at SA-55 and begins issuing him orders as well.
    “As for you! I want you to take a group of my robots and keep a close eye on these two to ensure they don‘t mess anything up. And make sure Sonic doesn’t see you, or that will cause all kinds of problems.”
    Yes, sir.
    David, Tails and SA-55 all take the elevator to leave the base. Then, Eggman speaks triumphantly to himself after they leave.
    “Nothing can stop me now! I’ll unite with Dark Gaia, then take Sonic’s speed by force. And the world will be mine!”
    Meanwhile, on the ocean it is now sunset and Amy Rose is residing in a boat being steered by a male captain. She begins ranting.
    “Gah, that Sonic! He promised he’d finally take me on a date on this boat after he beat Dark Gaia, but he just runs off again! And I’m here by myself! When I see him again…. gah!” She begins slamming her hammer at the boat in frustration.
    The captain responds in a high voice from the steering tower.
    “Ma’am, please don’t do that. The boat will crash.”
    Amy sighs, settles down and sits down on the wood. “Yeah… okay…”
    She begins having miserable thoughts in her head. She thinks to herself, (“It’s not fair. Just one date. That’s all I ask! Why can’t he just keep his word once?!”). A small tear runs down her eye. Suddenly in the distance, while looking over the sea, she notices a small island. She doesn’t believe it at first, but upon leaning over the edge of the boat she clearly sees Sonic and Knuckles, all bruised and tired and huffing, on the small island with the hut on it. She yells at the captain.
    “Hey, stop the boat over there on that island! There’s something I need to take care of over there!”
    “Yes, ma’am. I will anchor the boat over there if that’s what you desire.”
    “Thank you!” she says. The boat begins heading towards the island.
    Meanwhile, on the island, Sonic and Knuckles begin huffing as they talk. Sonic begins.
    “So… what… else…. you… got?”
    “I… don’t… think… you… wanna… find… out.”
    “Oh… yeah…?”
    Knuckles and Sonic both walk towards each other and Knuckles raises his fist as Sonic begins spinning into a ball. They both begin charging their attacks as hard as they can. Just as they are about to release, Amy jumps on board the island in the middle of them. They both keep charging anyways. As they are about to attack, Amy yells “KNOCK IT OFF!” extremely loud. Thus, they stop their attacks to listen.
    “You two are acting like idiots! What are you two fighting over anyways?”
    They both talk at the same time, pointing towards each other as they say it.
    “I’m stranded on this stupid island because of him!”
    Amy sighs.
    “Oh, so that’s all? Well, Sonic, I really shouldn’t give you a ride in my boat after you ditched our date again. But Knuckles-”
    Sonic stops her. “I didn’t ditch it! I just got busy!”
    “Hmm. Somehow I don’t believe you,” she replies. Cut to Knuckles.
    “Yeah, I agree with her,” Knuckles says, giving an evil look to Sonic. Sonic speaks again.
    “I’ll go on twenty dates with you if you get me out of here with you! I swear!”
    “Twenty dates?!” Amy says. She thinks Sonic may be lying again, but then decides twenty dates may be worth the risk.
    “All right, both of you hop on board!”
    “Yes! Thanks, Amy!” As they walk on, Knuckles whispers to Sonic.
    “You realize you really suck with women, right?” he says, being able to tell that Sonic‘s statement about twenty dates was a lie. Sonic then whispers back.
    “Oh, shut up.”
    Sonic and Knuckles stop arguing and fighting and board the boat with Amy. Sonic explains to Amy why they need to go to Shamar, and she thus tells the captain to take them there.
    End of chapter two.
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Empty Re: Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over

Post by Link451 August 20th 2011, 1:48 pm

Chapter Three
    Sonic, Knuckles and Amy reside on the boat. Sonic has gone inside the lounge to lay on the bed, Knuckles just sits on the deck waiting to arrive at Shamar, and Amy is walking down the hall to meet Sonic in the lounge. She enters, and he gets up.
    “Hello, sweetie!”
    “Oh, it’s you. What is it, Amy?”
    “Well, I found this big piece of paper and a pen nearby,” she pulls them out. “We’re going to write a schedule for our twenty dates!”
    Sonic shivers. “Uh, that reminds me, there was something I needed to, uh, do real quick. Be back in a flash!”
    Sonic runs out of the lounge and down the hall to the laundry area. He climbs into one of the washing machines to hide.
    “Phew, should be safe here until the boat docks…” he thinks to himself.
    Meanwhile, Knuckles gets up from sitting to look around. He begins feeling hungry.
    “Hey, captain! Is there a fridge on this ship?” he asks the captain, who’s steering above.
    “Yes. Go down into the hatch and two rooms to the left.”
    “Okay, thanks!” he replies.
    Knuckles opens the hatch on the deck and climbs down it. The hall is wooden and creaky with five doors. He does as the captain told him and opens the first left door. Inside is a giant crystal ball on the ceiling, and a big red carpet on the floor. Everything else is blank except another door to the left. Knuckles takes it to find a small, compact room with a fridge in it. He opens the fridge. There are a few sandwiches and a water bottle inside.
    “Ugh, this isn’t much for the whole trip. I hope ---- huh?” Knuckles sees a beaming in the back of the fridge. He moves aside the sandwiches to look at it. It’s the red Chaos Emerald.
    “How the heck did this get here?! I’d better go find Sonic and Amy!” he says. He grabs the Emerald from the fridge and rushes off. He leaves the two rooms and opens all the doors as he walks down the hall until finally seeing Amy sitting down in one of them with her pen and paper.
    “Amy! Where’s Sonic?”
    “He said he just had to take care of something and then he’d be right back.”
    “Come on, we need to find him! I think the captain may be up to something tricky!”
    “Uh, why?”
    “Because I found a Chaos Emerald stowed away in his fridge!”
    “What?!”
    The two leave the lounge and begin opening the doors throughout the hall. They keep yelling “Sonic!” Sonic can hear from the laundry room, but he chooses not to answer in fear that Amy will make him help her write the date plans. Finally, he gets too annoyed with all the yelling. He jumps out of the washer and runs to meet Amy and Knuckles.
    “What do you two need?”
    Knuckles holds out his hand to reveal the red Chaos Emerald.
    “Woah!” he exclaims.
    “Yeah,” Knuckles replies, “I think we should have a word with our captain.”
    Sonic, Knuckles and Amy open the hatch and climb up the ladder. They then climb up from the deck to the steering center and confront the captain. Knuckles speaks up.
    “We were wondering if you could tell us how this got in your fridge,” he says while holding up the Chaos Emerald.
    “No! You were not supposed to know about that!” the captain replies.
    Amy walks up to the captain and holds her Piko Piko hammer over his head.
    “Spill it, liar! What are you up to?”
    “The Chaos Emerald was for the master!”
    “Master? What master?” Sonic asks.
    “The master who rules over all! The master who will turn the world into paradise!” the captain replies. Cut to Knuckles, looking dumbstruck.
    “Uh, Sonic, I think this guy’s lost his marbles.”
    “Either that or he’s sea sick…” Sonic replies sarcastically, also looking dumbstruck. Cut back to the captain.
    “Now that you all know my secret, the master informs me I cannot let you live!” he presses a button and loud noises begin coming from outside. Sonic, Knuckles and Amy look through the window to see a battalion of Eggman’s Aero-Chaser and Interceptor robots surrounding the ship. Knuckles thinks of an idea.
    “Sonic! Try using Chaos Control!” He throws the Chaos Emerald to Sonic and he and Amy hurdle next to him.
    “I don’t know, I’ve only used it once…” Sonic replies.
    Cut to Amy, looking outside to see the robots charging their missles. “There’s no time! Hurry!”
    “All right, fine! Chaos Control!” Sonic shouts. It works, to Sonic’s surprise. The three of them are teleported away and disappear.
    “Call off the attack!” shouts the captain. The robots withdraw their fire.
    “Grr, I see why master hates that hedgehog so much! I guess I have no choice but to report this to him…”
    The captain takes his cell phone out of his pocket and calls Dr. Eggman. Dr. Eggman answers.
    “Yes?”
    “Master, I was on the way to deliver the Chaos Emerald to you after dropping Sonic and his friends off at Shamar as you requested, but something happened, and …”
    “WHAT?!”
    “Uh… you see, I called the robot batallion, but he kind of used Chaos Control with the Chaos Emerald and got away.”
    “You IDIOT! You risked putting Sonic hot on our trail!”
    “I’m sorry, master! I will not fail you again!”
    “Too late!” Eggman patches into his robots’ speakers inside of them. “All Interceptors and Aero-Chasers! Fire and destroy that ship now!” The robots fire their lasers and missles at the ship and it is destroyed, with the captain still on it. The ship breaks in two and sinks down to the bottom of the ocean, with the captain screaming for help, “Gah! Master!” but no one giving it to him.
    Meanwhile, at Eggman’s base, he sits in his chair overlooking his plan schematics. SA-55 is looking at what’s going on through a monitor screen on the wall.
    “Hmm…. hmm… this calls for a change in plan. That captain was supposed to bring Sonic and his friends to Shamar, so Tails and David could meet with them there. But now…” SA-55 interrupts.
    “Doctor, perhaps they still warped to Shamar using Chaos Control?”
    “Shut up! I’m thinking!” he says and looks down at his schematics. Then he looks up, thinking he’d solved his problem. “I got it! Perhaps they still warped to Shamar using Chaos Control!” SA-55 lets out a sort of robot sigh, then speaks.
    “So the plan is still the same, doctor?”
    “No, we still have the problem that Sonic now has one of the Chaos Emeralds,” he replies.
    “Perhaps a frontal assault from all of us to steal it from him?”
    “No, he needs to think Tails and David are on his side if I’m to lure him into my base. And without the Chaos Emeralds in my possesion, luring him into my base will mean nothing. Hmm… SA-55, I want you to tell Tails and David to stay hidden in Shamar until I give the word. Then you launch a batallion of robots on Sonic when he arrives. Ensure we get that Emerald back!”
    “Yes, doctor. SA-55 out.”
    Meanwhile, at Shamar, Tails and David have arrived at Professor Pickle’s house. They knock on the door and he comes out with a grinning face.
    “Oh, my old friend Tails! How long it’s been!” he says, then goes up to shake Tails’ hand. “What brings you here? And who‘s your friend?”
    “Oh, this is David. We came here to talk over some plans on the new Dark Gaia issue that arose. He should be able to help.”
    “Splendid! Both of you come right in.”
    Tails and David walk into Professor Pickle’s house and sit down on the chairs in it. Pickle still has retained his old collection from Sonic’s adventures in Unleashed - the films with a TV, archeological books and so on. Pickle goes over to his desk and picks up a chart from it.
    “I’ve been studying the recent appearances shown on the TV. According to my well designed calculations, the spots I’ve marked on the globe are where the remaining Dark Gaia pieces are.”
    “Great! Thanks, Professor! We’ll be taking it and going now!”
    Tails grabs the map from Pickle and he and \ David run out the door. As they leave, the Professor tries to stop them.
    “Hey, wait! I thought we had technological issues to discuss! Tails?!”
    They leave before responding. They then call on their radios to Dr. Eggman. Tails calls.
    “Master, we have the map from Professor Pickle showing the locations of the Dark Gaia spores,” he says.
    “Hmm… good, good. If the manuscripts I read are correct, the Dark Gaia spores should be able to be absorbed into the Chaos Emeralds. But for now, I need you two to stay hidden from Sonic until I give further orders.”
    “Yes, master. Tails out.”
    Meanwhile…
    Sonic, Knuckles and Amy were teleported to an alley in the back of Shamar. Shamar is a deserty land with tents and sand everywhere. There are people everywhere in suburban uniforms. Amy talks.
    “Hey, Sonic, let’s take a break and---”
    Sonic interrupts. “All right, here‘s the plan. I‘ll go see Professor Pickle. You two better stay on guard. Based on what happened on the ship, I have a feeling Eggman‘s back and is up to something.”
    Amy looks down and sighs disappointed. (“Oh, fine. We’ll make the plans after we’re done. He seems too distracted right now.”)
    Sonic runs off to see Professor Pickle, leaving Knuckles and Amy. When Sonic arrives at Professor Pickles’ house, he walks in. Professor Pickle shockingly looks up.
    “Oh, Sonic! I wasn’t expecting to see two old faces in one day.”
    “Two? Who was here before?”
    “Why, you’re young friend Tails. He was with a chap named David. I thought you two normally travelled together?”
    “David? That’s the guy I gave the machine to!”
    “Hm?”
    “Oh, never mind. Can you tell me what they wanted?”
    “They were acting quite odd, actually. They just took the map of the new Dark Gaia spores locations I found and left.”
    “What?! This is awful! Any idea where they went?”
    “Why? What’s going on?”
    “I don’t think Tails is being himself. I think something’s happened to him.”
    “Well, I can remember the nearest location on the map if that will help.”
    “Yeah! Where?”
    “It’s a dark old forest called Tanswana in Europe. Should be about a hundred miles from Spagonia.”
    “Okay, I’ll check it out. Thanks for the help, professor!”
    Sonic runs out of the house and goes to meet back with Amy and Knuckles in the alley. He gets ready to share the information he found with them.
    “All right, so here’s what happened. Tails and this guy David took the map Pickle had showing the locations of the Dark Gaia spores. Pickle fortunately still remembered where the closest location is. I figure we’ll probably find Tails there and find out what’s happened, and get rid of the Dark Gaia spores there while we’re there too.”
    “Okay, then let’s get going!” Amy says.
    “Actually Amy, I think you should stay here with Pickle. It’s possible someone connected to Eggman could show up.”
    “What?! No, we’re a team! Knuckles, why don‘t you stay?”
    Knuckles talks. “Let’s face it, Amy, I’m much better in the field than you. Sonic may need the Master Emerald, too.”
    Amy sighs and realizes there’s no way to win the argument. “Okay, fine! But you better not break your promise, Sonic!”
    “Oh, yeah, don’t worry!” Sonic replies, jitterly. “Now you should get over there!”
    “Fine…”
    Amy runs off to go to Professor Pickles’ house. Sonic and Knuckles stay and continue talking.
    “All right, we should-” Sonic begins, but suddenly out of nowhere, a missle comes launching at both of them. “Jump!” he yells. Sonic and Knuckles jump to avoid the missle. When they land, they see hundreds of Egg Fighters and Egg Launchers standing in front of them holding their guns and swords up at them. All the citizens begin screaming and running away.
    “Surrender your Chaos Emerald and no one will get hurt,” says the one in the front of the line.
    Sonic and Knuckles ignore him and look at each other smiling.
    “Ready, Knuckles?”
    “Oh yeah, Sonic!”
    “Then let’s do it!”
    Sonic and Knuckles come running at the enemies. Sonic takes the right side of enemies and Knuckles takes the left. Sonic uses his boost attack to run through and explode some enemies in a line, then preceeds to dodge missle shots from enemies behind him by jumping. He then preceeds the jump by stringing together a homing attack on ten of them, destroying them. Another wave comes in on his right and tries slashing their swords at him, but he rolls into a ball and spin dashes all of them into explosions. The robots on Sonic’s side are thus defeated.
    Knuckles on the right side begins by punching a robot with a sword trying to attack him, which thus knocks the robot into the ones behind it and destroys all of them in the row. Knuckles then digs under the ground and begins using his fists to drill through all the waves of enemies, the pressure knocking them over and disabling them. Knuckles then preceeds to sneak behind and punch some Egg Launcher enemies who are shooting missles at him. Knuckles’ side is defeated.
    Knuckles and Sonic meet back up in the middle, slightly huffing.
    “Great work, bud!” says Sonic.
    “Back at ya,” replies Knuckles.
    From above, SA-55 has seen the robots’ destruction. He preceeds to use his built-in communicator to contact Eggman.
    “Doctor…”
    “What is it? Have you gotten the Chaos Emerald?”
    “Uh, about that…”
    “What?!”
    “No. Sonic and Knuckles destroyed all the robots.”
    “Every single one?! Gah!” he replies, raising his voice louder.
    SA-55 slightly twitches from the loud voice, then preceeds to listen to Eggman.
    “I’ve waited too long for this! I want let that meddlesome hedgehog ruin my plans this time!” he yells, while slamming the table in front of him hard with his fists.
    End of chapter.
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 20th 2011, 1:49 pm

Chapter Four
    Sonic and Knuckles continue residing in Shamar. They begin discussing what their next move should be. Sonic starts.
    “Well, it’s clear we have two major problems on our hands. Eggman and Dark Gaia. Maybe I should go to Tanswana and search for the Dark Gaia spores, while you do some more research here and try finding out more about Eggman’s plan?”
    “I suppose so. Hopefully I can use some scraps from the robots left behind to locate Eggman’s base.”
    “It’s a plan then,” Sonic replies, then holds out his Chaos Emerald. “Chaos Control!”
    Nothing happens. Sonic remains standing there.
    “Uh, guess I’ll try one more time. Chaos Control!”
    Still nothing happens.
    “Looks like it’s no use.”
    “Hm… I wonder if Chaos Control can only work for you when you’re in an unescapable situation. That was the same thing that happened on board the ARK, remember?”
    “Yeah, true… I guess I’ll have to find another way to Tanswana.”
    Sonic looks around, but doesn’t see anything. He sighs.
    “Guess there’s only one thing we can do. Both of us will have to search around this place for Tails and hope he can build us some sort of plane out of here.”
    “All right. I’ll take the right side and you take the left.”
    “Then let’s go!”
    Sonic runs over to the left side of Shamar. He sees some huts and people running around with pottery. He notices one in a particular rush that runs by him. This one is completely covered from bottom to top in an Egyptian robe, completely concealing his or her face and body. He/she accidentally bumps into Sonic.
    “Hey! Watch where you’re going!”
    “Sorry, sir. Must hurry to the master!”
    The robed one runs away from Sonic quickly. Sonic thinks.
    “Master? That’s what that captain on the boat was saying…”
    Sonic runs back up to the robed person and runs in front of him.
    “Hold it! I want to know just who this master of yours is!”
    “The master…”
    “But what’s his name?”
    “The master…”
    Sonic sighs. “Man, someone totally fried this guy’s brain.” Sonic decides to try knocking some sense into him. He jumps in the air and homing attacks him, which causes his robe’s hood to fall off. He sees that it’s David.
    “You!”
    “Go away! I must obey my master!”
    “You’re that guy I made some money off of! I knew you were fishy!”
    David lays face up on the ground, struggling to get up after Sonic’s homing attack. He mumbles again, “Must… obey…”
    “Master…” Sonic finishes, sarcastically. Sonic then grabs him by his robe, pulls him up and begins shaking him.
    “Tell me what you did to my buddy Tails! Now!” Sonic shouts. He then notices something fall from David’s pocket due to the shaking. It’s a communicator device.
    “Hmm… maybe Professor Pickle can trace this thing to that master you keep speaking of,” he says and picks it up while still holding David in his other hand.
    “Please let me go! I must obey my master!” David cries. Sonic finally puts him down.
    “Do whatever you want. But next time you see that master of yours, let him know Sonic the Hedgehog won’t let him get away with whatever he’s planning!” Sonic says, then dashes off.
    Sonic arrives at Professor Pickles’ house with the comm. Device, and sees Pickle at his desk reading a book, Amy watching TV and Knuckles sleeping in a corner of the house, snoring. Sonic looks at Knuckles, walks over to him, face palms then screams.
    “KNUCKLES!”
    Knuckles awakens.
    “HEY! What’s the big idea?”
    “You were supposed to be searching for Tails, remember?!”
    “I was! I just… couldn’t find him, so decided I should take a little break.”
    Sonic sighs, then face palms again. “Whatever… anyways, I think I found a lead.”
    “Oh yeah?” Knuckles replies, getting up.
    “Yeah,” Sonic says and walks over to Pickles’ table. “Look at this, Professor. Think you could trace it back to wherever it came from?”
    “Hmm… I think so. Just let me open it up and…” Pickle looks inside it to see data co-ordinates on where the signal relays back to. He then pulls out a map from under his table and looks at it. “Hmm…. Ah! The signal seems to be coming from a base underground in Station Square.”
    “Underground?! Then leave it to me!” says Knuckles. He pulls out his fists and begins to start digging, but Professor Pickle halts him.
    “No, no, no! You’ll never get to Station Square that way. You two need to get across the water and go back there.”
    Knuckles stops digging. Sonic talks.
    “But how? All our transportation methods are over.”
    “There’s still one. You.”
    “Me?!”
    “Yes, did you already forget you can use that handy new boost tactic of yours to run on water?”
    “Well, yeah, but the thing is, that requires rings. And even if I did find some, I may not have enough to sustain my boost all the way there.”
    Knuckles speaks up. “Hey, how about this? I’ll go search for some rings and you wait here to gather all your energy until I get back.”
    “All right, looks like there’s no other choice.”
    “Gotcha, I’ll find at least 300 and come back!” Knuckles says, then walks out the door. Sonic then walks over to the couch where Amy is and sits on the chair that’s next to the couch. Sonic notices Amy watching a man and woman speaking touching thoughts to each other while holding hands.
    “Uh, Amy? This show blows. Can I see the remote?”
    “What?! No! I’m watching the romance station to give me ideas on our dates!”
    “Oh… heh… heh…” Sonic says.
    Cut to Knuckles. He has came across a blue portal in Shamar.
    “Huh? What’s this?” He touches it. He is instantly teleported to another location in Shamar which shows much more open road and he also notices robots and rings everywhere, along with spikes and platforms.
    “Oh boy…” he says, then runs off to begin collecting rings. He runs forward for a while collecting the rings in front of him until finally getting hit by a robot’s missle. He falls down to the sand, then gets angry glares in his eyes.
    “GRR!” He says. He climbs up the wall on the side and glides towards the Egg Launcher, destroying it. He then preceeds to climb on the side of the wall until reaching another edge. He collects the rings as he climbs across it, and now is up to 250 rings.
    He continues running until he finds a dead end in the form of a wall blocked by a big tower. He digs underneath the dirt and finds small robotic bugs underneath attacking him. He stops digging every now and then to destroy them, until he eventually digs into a small area with rings scattered everywhere. His eyes bulge.
    “Well, looks like Sonic should be quite pleased!” he exclaims. He then grabs all the rings and with them, has a total of 350. He then climbs back up out of the whole he dug and runs back to the portal, dodging the spikes, climbing walls and gliding over platforms along the way. He eventually arrives at the portal and enters it and it takes him back to the main city of Shamar.
    “That was kind of odd,” he says to himself, “But at least we should be able to find Tails now…”
    He goes back to Professor Pickles’ hut. He sees Sonic and Amy watching the TV, with Amy looking real intently at the TV while Sonic on the other hand looks extremely miserable and unhappy.
    “Hey guys, I’m back!” Knuckles says, entering the house. He then pulls a giant pot out of (“hammerspace (aka thin air)”) and pulls the top off to show lots of rings in it. Sonic quickly runs over.
    “Hey, awesome job, Knux!”
    “Heh, there’s a reason they call me the world’s greatest treasure hunter,” Knuckles replies smuggly, while crossing his arms, closing his eyes and smiling.
    Sonic touches all the rings which absorb into his body and give him the power to use his boost technique. “All right, let’s get going! Come on!”
    Knuckles grabs onto Sonic’s back and Sonic uses his boost technique to super quickly dash out of the hut and across the water. As they almost make it to Mystic Ruins’ shores, Sonic begins slowing down. He has begun to run out of ring energy.
    “Uh, Knuckles, I think we have a problem?”
    “Ohhhh…yeahhh?” Knuckles says jitterly, dizzy from hanging onto Sonic.
    “We’re about to sink!”
    “What?! Jump!”
    Knuckles jumps off Sonic and makes it to the Mystic Ruins’ boat dock. Sonic then jumps as far as he can and makes it just at the edge of one of the boats and hangs onto the edge with his fingers. Knuckles then helps him up.
    “Phew… thanks, Knuckles.”
    “Oh, whatever… Come on, let’s get on the train and go to Station Square!”
    Sonic spits some water out of his mouth then replies, huffing. “Yeah… all right…”
    Meanwhile, at Eggman’s base…
    “SA-55, report! What the heck happened to David?” Eggman says talking to SA-55 through SA-55’s communicator.
    “I haven’t been able to locate his communicator, doctor. Or him.”
    “Ugh… forget it. I’ve had just about enough of this. I’ll be there personally soon.”
    Eggman gets off his seat and hops into his Egg-o-Matic, then leaves.
    To be continued
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 20th 2011, 1:50 pm

Chapter Five
    Sonic and Knuckles are at Station Square after boarding the train. They both begin wondering what to do. Knuckles begins talking.
    “So you really think it would cause a big commotion if I just started digging everywhere?”
    “Yes, it would! This is private property, afterall. The police would be after us instantly.”
    “But what else can we do?”
    “I hate to say it… but there’s only one thing we can. Follow me.”
    They run over to the second half of Station Square with the burger stand and, much traffic and district city gate. Sonic points to a manhole in the side of the road. Knuckles responds.
    “Oh, great… this should be just outstanding,” he says sarcastically.
    They enter the manhole and begin walking through it until they reach a wall at the end. The sewers are covered with dirty water and an awful smell as would be expected. They’re also semi dim but light enough for Sonic and Knuckles to see through. As they continue walking, they eventually reach a dead end in the form of a giant brick wall.
    “Looks like it’s the end of the line, Sonic.”
    “Not necessarily. I think now would be an all right time to use that good old digging technique of yours, Knuckles old buddy.”
    “All right, fine. Stand back!”
    Knuckles begins digging through the wall. It turns out to be extremely deep and he continues digging for about ten minutes. Eventually as they walk through, they fall down a hole.
    “AH! What did you dig into?!” Sonic shouts while falling.
    “Nothing! I bet it’s a trap of some sort!” Knuckles replies.
    They fall through the hole and reach an underground desert buried deep beneath the city. It’s filled with scorpion and bug robots.They surround the two heroes as they first fall, and Knuckles begins fighting them. The bees look like bees but robotic, as do the scorpions. The bees begin shooting lasers at them while the scorpions begin rolling towards them. Knuckles proceeds to glide through the bees while fighting the scorpions but more keep coming. He notices Sonic isn’t helping and looking off.
    “Hey, Sonic! What the heck are you doing?! I could use a hand here!” he says, just as he jumps to destroy a bee robot and then spindashes towards a scorpion.
    Sonic ignores him and is looking off in the distance, eventually after a long time spoting a large gray looking base. Sonic deduces that must be Eggman’s hideout and where Tails is being kept.
    “Hey, I think I see Eggman’s base over there! You keep these jokers busy while I run in and find Tails!” Sonic says, then runs super fast towards the base.
    “Wait! Don’t I get an input on the plans?!” Knuckles replies before Sonic leaves, but it’s too late as Sonic has already left. Knuckles proceeds to fight the enemies as Sonic said, realizing there’s not much else choice now.
    Sonic runs into the base. It’s a giant gray dome made of glass. Sonic walks through the sliding doors and proceeds to run through…
    Meanwhile at Shamar, Eggman has arrive in his Egg-o-Matic. He searches around for a while until finally spotting SA-55.
    “SA-55! Where’s that pesky hedgehog?”
    “Sir, as I was meaning to tell you, I think he and his red friend left.”
    “What?! Why didn’t you say anything?!” he replies, grabbing SA-55 and beginning to shake him.
    “Sir, again, you had said to “shut up” when I tried interrupting you before you left,” SA-55 says, in a jittered tone from being shaked.
    “GAH! Well I’m not serious if it’s something that important!”
    SA-55 lets out a robot sigh. “In any case, his girlfriend still resides here if that’s any consolation.”
    “And what of Tails and David?”
    “I believe they left in pursuit of him.”
    “Hmm… tell me where Amy is.”
    “She is with their friend, Professor Pickle, in his house, sir.”
    “I guess she’s our closest thing to a lead. Come on, let’s go interrogate her to tell us where Sonic is.”
    “Yes, doctor.”
    Eggman presses a button on his Egg-O-Matic that turns it into an Egg Walker (like in Sonic Adventure 2) and he and SA-55 begin walking down the street to Professor Pickle’s house. All the citizens scream in fear as they see him walking and go to the edges to hide.
    “EVERYONE! That nutty scientist is back!” the people yell as he walks through, and they go run to their homes. Eggman gets a smirk on his face after seeing this and says, “SA-55, here’s why you should become an evil genius like me one day. No one bothers you because they’re all afraid of you! Hohoho!”
    “Yes, that seems very logical, doctor,” SA-55 replies, in a hesitant tone as if he doesn’t care.
    They eventually arrive at Professor Pickles’ house. Eggman blows down the door using the volkan cannon on his walker and walks inside. He sees Amy turn her head as he walks in. As she turns it, he blasts the TV in the corner that she’s watching.
    “Ah! Eggman!”
    “Yes, it’s me. Tell me where your little boyfriend Sonic went! Now!” he demands, with his hands on the Volkan Cannon triggers.
    “Never!”
    “Then I’ll have to shoot!” Eggman fires a missle at her from the Volkan Cannon, but she runs out of the way and pulls out her hammer. She then disappears from Eggman’s sight after he looks when the smoke clears. “Huh? Where’d she go?”
    “Doctor, behind you!” SA-55 yells from outside. Eggman twists his pod around and sees Amy holding her hammer at his face.
    “I suggest you leave my Sonic alone!” she yells, then swings the hammer and whacks him. He gets a bruise on his head then turns his walker’s feet around in the other direction to face her.
    “That was a very poor idea!” He yells, red and angry from being hit with the hammer. He launches a claw out of the Egg-o-matic and grabs her with it. Her hammer drops when being picked up and she begins struggling and yelping.
    “Hey! Let me go, you jerk!”
    “Fine. Just tell me where your boyfried went and you’re free to go.”
    “GRR! Fine, he went to your base!”
    “And why did he do that?”
    “He and Knuckles are trying to find Tails and recover him from whatever you did to him!”
    “Ah, so he’s onto us, is he? This calls for drastic measures. SA-55, time to return to the base!” he shouts. He then presses a button on the Egg Walker that turns it back into the Egg-o-Matic, and flies off with SA-55 following him, still holding Amy in the claw. She begins screaming.
    “HEY! I thought you agreed to let me go if I told you where he is!”
    Eggman scratches his head. “I don’t recall me ever saying that. Do you, SA-55?” he replies, talking somewhat sarcastically.
    “Actually, doctor, you said - “ Eggman interrupts him by grabbing and shaking him. “Yes, doctor, you never said anything like that.”
    “Hoho! I didn’t think so.”
    Amy talks. “You liar! When Sonic gets through with you, you’ll regret this! GRR!”
    Eggman ignores her and the two continue flying to Eggman’s base.
    Meanwhile at Eggman’s base, Sonic continues running through all the coridors checking for any sign of Tails. He continually has no luck, until he stops for a second and thinks.
    (“Eggman must be keeping Tails somewhere really secret. Maybe he has him hidden underneath the base?”) Sonic runs around again while looking at the ground and eventually sees a latch leading underneath the floor in a corner. He opens it and goes in.
    Inside, it’s completely dark. The only thing leading Sonic is the trail of glowing rings he sees in front of him. He preceeds to follow the glowing rings, collecting them on the way and wondering where they’re leading him. From behind him he eventually gets shot by a heated blast and knocked to the floor. He gets back up and tries looking around to see what shot him, but it’s too dark. He decides to ignore it, get back up and continue following the rings, but a few seconds later he gets shot and knocked down again.
    “HEY! Who’s there? What’s the big idea?” he says, getting no response. He grabs the closest ring in front of him and tries using it to light his surroundings, searching for a light switch. All he sees is swamp around him beyond the path he had been following at first, then he looks to his left and sees an extremely distant platform that seems to have a light switch on the wall of it. He gains all the possible running traction he can, then uses his ring boost to boost across the swamp and makes it to near the platform. He grabs the edge of it and pulls himself up to get atop.
    “Phew, that was a close one!” he says, then pulls the light switch down. Lamps light up all over the underground base. He notices there’s a walkway high attached to the one he’s been walking on and sees none other than Tails with a laser gun looking down at him.
    “Tails! What the heck is going on?!” he says.
    “Must obey master. Master ordered me to distract you. We fight. Master’s orders!” he says, and begins shooting the laser beam at Sonic. Sonic manages to dodge all the shots with his super speed, then uses his boost move to run across the swamp water and up the wall to confront Tails on the ledge.
    “What’s gotten into you, Tails? We’re best pals, remember?”
    “No more.”
    “Ugh… I’m sorry I have to do this old buddy, but looks like it’s the only way I can knock some sense into you!”
    Sonic begins running around Tails extremely quickly over and over for a few minutes while Tails keeps trying to shoot him but keeps missing. Tails eventually gets dizzy and begins walking funny, so Sonic homing attacks him which knocks him on the ground unconscious. Sonic tries to shake him to wake up, also yelling “Tails! Come on, snap out of it!” but to no avail. He decides to grab Tails over his shoulder and runs off continuing down the path searching for Eggman.
    Sonic follows the rings until reaching a ledge with moving platforms. He carefully jumps across them but as he’s about to reach the other side, an Egg Launcher shows up and launches a missle at him. Sonic has no choice but to leave Tails on the platform while he jumps and attacks the Egg Launcher. Sonic looks back behind him to see an explosion on the platform with Tails gone from it, presumably having been knocked off.
    “TAILS! NO!” he shouts, and begins slightly brooding. “Ugh, some hero I was…” he says to himself. “Eggman, I’m making you pay!” he says, and runs off.
    As he continues to run, he encounters more obstacles in his way. While grabbing the rings. He runs into an army of Egg Fighters eventually and quickly destroys them all by doing a boost dash into them. He then proceeds to run through a giant loop and has to jump over spikes laid out on it as he does, then continues running up a wall to the area above him.
    Meanwhile, Knuckles continues fighting off the robots outside the base. As he begins running out of breath after punching a few and causing them to also destroy the ones behind them, he sits down and notices Eggman in his Egg-o-Matic with Amy in its claw along with SA-55 following Eggman flying in the sky towards the base.
    “Hey, Eggman! What’s going on?!” he shouts from below.
    Eggman looks below him and sees Knuckles. He sighs. “Just keep following me, SA-55! Ignore him!”
    “What?!” Knuckles replies. Knuckles in his frustration climbs up a mountain near him and begins gliding towards Eggman in the Egg-o-Matic in an attempt to knock it down, but misses and only manages to break the claw Amy was being held in. Amy falls down and Knuckles catches her, and takes her back down to the ground. She pants as he sets her down.
    “Eggman… he’s after Sonic!” she spits out.
    Knuckles looks with his eyes bulging then helps her up. “I guess we’d better run in there and help him out!” he replies. They proceed running but are stopped by an army of Egg Launchers and Egg Fighters.
    “Ugh… do these things ever quit?!” He says frustrated. They begin tiredly fighting them.
    Meanwhile, Sonic has reached the end of the base. He sees a giant computer a huge hole in the top of the ceiling.
    “Guess that’s the only place left to check…” he says and begins preparing himself to jump up it, but it’s unnecessary. Out of the hole comes Eggman in a giant red snake robot machine.
    “Let’s see if you can get past this little friend of mine, Sonic!” he shouts from inside the cockpit of the machine. The two look at each other in a sense that they’re preparing to fight.
    To be continued…
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 20th 2011, 1:51 pm

Chapter 6

Sonic looks at Eggman and begins to speak.

“What are you planning, Eggman? Why did you kidnap Tails?”

“I could tell you, but I don’t think you’ll be alive that long!”

Eggman shoots a laser from the mouth of his robot snake at Sonic. Sonic runs away from it, and it continues following him. He eventually ends up running on the wall. There’s a giant pit below him with electricity coming out of it, so he keeps running on it to avoid falling off. Eventually he jumps from the wall onto a platform. Eggman cuts him no slack and proceeds to begin having his snake robot try eating Sonic. Sonic jumps on top of it as it proceeds to do so, though Eggman presses a button from inside the cockpit that spins the snake around and launches Sonic off it towards the wall. Sonic uses his sneakers to bounce himself off it before slamming into it, then back onto a second platform in the room, standing but wiggling. There are only three platforms lined up in the middle.

“It’s no use, Sonic! I’ve made every possible adjustment to my robot specifically to counter you!”

“Urgh…” Sonic replies. He gets up. “I bet you didn’t count on this!” Sonic jumps in the air and does an air boost while jumping, using all his ring energy he collected from the rings in his one boost. Eggman begins trying to evade, but it’s too fast and it wrecks the machine critically. Oddly, Eggman smirks as if he was hoping this would happen.

“Hahaha!”

“What’s wrong? Has being beaten yet again made you delusional?”

“You fell right into my trap, you ignorant hedgehog! I thought you might try that, so I made even more special precautions!”

“What?!”

As the snake is destroyed, the parts and Eggman in the cockpit stay hovering above the sky inside, surrounded by an odd purple glow. Then the parts reassemble, seeming mystically enhanced with a purple glow.

“Ha ha! Thanks to my brilliance, I’ve designed my machine so every time it gets destroyed, it only gets stronger! There’s no way you can win, Sonic!”

“Is that the power of Dark Gaia?!” Sonic asks. Before he’s answered, Eggman’s snake swoops in and tries biting him again. Sonic jumps to the platform on the right to avoid it just in time. Then he begins thinkings:
    (“Hmm… that hole on the top. Maybe that’s where the answers are. Eggman seems to be trying to block it!”)

Sonic begins running in place super fast, trying to charge up his speed for jumping towards and running on the wall. As he does so, Eggman’s snake shoots a capsule at him from its mouth, hoping to capture him. Sonic jumps just before the capsule hits, and makes it on the wall.

“Stay still, Sonic! You know you can’t win!” shouts Eggman, who begins having the snake shoot missles from its mouth at Sonic.

Sonic ignores him and manages to barely make it up the wall into the hole. He grabs the top, and pulls himself up as he hears Eggman from below.

“Get back here! That’s none of your business in there!” he shouts. Sonic ignores him and looks around. It’s a small, dark room with a lot of machinery. Some look like capsules, and others look like transfer pods. Sonic doesn’t understand what it all means, and rolls himself in a ball to destroy it all with a Spin Dash before Eggman can use it. Unfortunately, Eggman’s snake launches its tongue out towards Sonic and senses him, then grabs him and ties around him, choking him.

“Gah, Eggman… you won’t win!”

“I don’t think you’re in any position to stop me! Now, I have some plans for you!”

Eggman touches a button from inside the snake cockpit that seems to make the tongue splice a small sample of DNA out of Sonic.

“Thank you for your help, Sonic! Unfortunately, it looks like I won’t be needing you anymore. Have a nice time in the frying pan!” Eggman says, then touches a button from in the cockpit that makes the snake release Sonic. Sonic begins launching towards the electric bottom, then out of no where, large missle sounds come in from the left wall. Eventually the left wall is broken down, and out comes Tails flying the Tornado.

“Sonic! Grab on!” he shouts, as he pulls in the Tornado close to the falling Sonic. Sonic grabs the edge of the back of the plane, then pulls himself up and looks shocked.

“Tails, you’re all right?”

“I don’t think now’s the time, Sonic! Let’s take this thing down!”

“No, Tails! It’s too strong! We have to get out of here!”

“But, Sonic-”

“I’m serious!”

“All right. If you say so.”
    Tails and Sonic fly through the hole in the wall Tails made, leaving Eggman. They then get out of the base and see Knuckles and Amy, who are still fighting Eggman’s robots.

“Tails, lower the plane!” Sonic says, and Tails does so. He then shouts at the tired Knuckles and Amy, who have begun panting and leaning over. Sonic grabs Amy and Tails grabs Knuckles, and puts them on the plane. They then lay them down on the wings of the plane, and use Tails’ new seatbelts he installed on them to tighten them in. Knuckles tiredly says “Thanks…” then falls asleep. Amy tiredly says “Sonic… my… hero…” then falls asleep. Sonic and Tails let them sleep.

“All right, Tails! Let’s get going!”

“Right!” Tails replies. The four of them on the Tornado take out towards the top, then Tails shoots missles through the roof to open a quicker way back to the surface. They arrive at the top of station Square through the hole, and when they arrive, Sonic quickly runs and grabs left over bricks and glue from Twinkle Park to patch up the whole. With his speed, he finishes patching it up in about thirty seconds, and it’s left so Eggman can’t get through. Sonic speaks up after repairing it:

“Hey, Tails? Next time, it’s probably not a good idea to destroy private property if you don’t need to.”

“Oh. Heh, sorry… pressure of the moment,” Tails says, with a sweat drop coming down from his head.

“All right, anyways. While they sleep, let’s get off. I wanna know what’s going on.”

“Okay, Sonic.”

Sonic and Tails leave Knuckles and Amy sleeping on the Tornado, and begin chatting off the Tornado.

“So what happened? It seemed like that was a pretty nasty fall. I was real worried.”

“Well… as I was falling, my head hit a small metal bar poking out. I guess it snapped me out of it, so I was able to fly back up. I then found the spare Tornado I had as I was walking out wondering where I was. I took it for a spin and went looking for you.”

“You sure did arrive in the nick of time. Eggman’s really outdone himself this time. That machien of his was like nothing I’ve ever faced before.”

“Really? What did it do?”

“It like rejuvenated itself with mystic powers after I destroyed it, even stronger than before. I had used up all my ring energy, so I was no match for its new form. It looked somewhat like Dark Gaia energy, actually.”

“So Dark Gaia’s not gone?”
    “Not in the slightest. You’ve missed a lot, Tails. It turns out there’s still about seven more continents Dark Gaia spores are forming at.”

“Then I guess our next step would be to find and destroy those spores before Eggman can use them to get his machines even stronger.”

“He had a lot of weird machinery, Tails. I looked up on top of his base and saw all kinds of new insane stuff. I’m telling you - he’s dangerous. More dangerous than he’s ever been before.”

“We still have to try. I’m sure the four of us will be a good match for him, even with his souped up machines!”

“But where do we start?”

“Hmm… there was actually a map I found in my shoe that had some Xs on it. I have no clue where I got it from, though.”

“Oh! You didn’t give it to Eggman yet?”

“Eggman? Why would I give it to him?”

“Never mind. Let’s just see it.”

Tails pulls the map out of his shoe and spreads it out.

“Hm, this is it all right!” says Sonic, “The first place is Tanswana, like Professor Pickle told me.”

“Then I guess we head there first?”

“Hmm… I think we should head to Shamar, wake the others up when we get there, then talk to Professor Pickle and get this all figured out. He may know what to do about Eggman’s new serious advantgae.”

“All righty, then let’s get moving!”

Tails jumps into the pilot seat and Sonic stands on the tail. Tails starts the plane and they take off, with Knuckles and Amy still sleeping.

Meanwhile, at Eggman’s base…

Eggman has gotten out of his snake machine and up into his secret laboratory, holding the sample of Sonic’s DNA he got in a small capsule. SA-55 soon flies up to greet him.

“Doctor, I have arrived. Did Sonic make a mess of things?”

“No, SA-55. As a matter of fact, he fell into my trap just perfectly!”

“Really?”

“I now have a DNA sample from him,” he replies, then walks over to his transfer machine, “and he also confirmed my theory about how to use the Dark Gaia powers inside my robots.”

“Interesting, doctor. So what are your orders?”

“Wait one second.”

Eggman gets up and places the Sonic DNA capsule inside one of the transfer pods and pulls out a chip from his pocket and places it on the other one.

“All right, pull the switch!”

“Doctor, what is your plan?”

“Shut up and do what I say!”

SA-55 lets out a robot sigh. “Yes, doctor…” he says, then pulls the switch. The Sonic DNA begins evaporating until finally the transfer is finished.

“Now let’s see if it was a success!” Eggman says. He pulls out the chip. “My calculations tell me that this chip, which will be my new central processing unit of all my machines, enhanced with Dark Gaia’s spores now, will be able to give my machines all of Sonic’s speed from the DNA transfer!”

“Doctor, that seems impossible. Where did you read that nutty idea?”

“As a matter of fact, I read it in the hidden pages of the Gaia Manuscripts that I recently unearthed.”

“Hm…”

“Now, time to plug it in and see what happens!”

Eggman walks over to his giant snake machine and inserts the chip into it. He then gets in the cockpit and begins controlling it. As his projections told him, his machine is now super fast. He begins flying around in circles at light speed, making SA-55 dizzy.

“Doctor, that was… incredible!”

“Ho ho ho!”

“Sonic will never stop us now!”

“I’ve underestimated that hedgehog before and I’m not making that mistake again. I need my minions to find more of Dark Gaia’s energy before I begin my world conquest.”

“Yes, doctor,” SA-55 replies, then snickers to himself. “Maybe he is getting a little smarter after all…”

“Hey! Did I hear something?!” Eggman replies after hearing the snicker.

“No, sir! I will report back to my spot until you request my assistance. SA-55 out.”

SA-55 flies away from the top base and back down the hole to begin maintenance work on the destruction Sonic and Tails made.

Sonic and Tails have arrived at Shamar’s landing zone. They hop out of the Tornado. Sonic then yells at Knuckles and Amy;

“Hey, wake up! We got stuff to do!”

They hear him and hesitantly open their eyes and unstrap themselves from the wing. They then get out.

“What’s going on?” asks Knuckles.

“I’ll explain it all later. Let’s get to Professor Pickles’ house.”

The four of them leave the Tornado and walk over to Pickles’ house. When they enter, they see him nailing new wood into the floor after Knuckles damaged it.

“Hey, professor!” yells Knuckles.

“Gah, you! You should be the one fixing my floor!”

“Oh… heh, I’m sorry. I forgot about that,” Knuckles says with a sweat drop coming from his head.

Sonic interrupts. “Hey, enough about that. Professor, we need your help with something important.”

“And what might that be?”

Sonic pulls out his hand and Tails puts the map in it. Then he begins explaining.

“From what I gathered during my fight with Eggman’s new machine, he’s using Dark Gaia energy to make his machines stronger. It was like nothing I ever fought before - not only was it the strongest machine I’ve ever faced of his, it just got stronger using Dark Gaia’s energy after I destroyed it. We ended up having to retreat. I also get the feeling Eggman’s using some sort of brain control technology.”

“According to my calculations, the Chaos Emeralds should have the power to absorb Dark Gaia’s energy. Find all seven and along with the Gaia spore energy, I believe you should have enough power to overcome Eggman. But be careful - you must gather the Dark Gaia energy before Eggman does, or he may become invincible.”

“Sounds like a plan.”

“Good.”

“All right, Tails! Let’s get going!” Sonic and Tails walk out the door. Knuckles and Amy go out to follow them but Knuckles is stopped by Professor Pickle.

“Hey! Don’t be leaving without helping me with this floor you ruined!”

“I.. it was an accident, sir. I promise I’ll be more careful next time.”

“No excuses, you stay here. I’m too old to be making these repair works by myself.”

Knuckles sighs. “Fine. Sonic, you’d better not mess up!”

Amy talks. “So since Knuckles is staying behind, I can come with you two, right?”

“Well…” Sonic begins, but Tails interrupts.

“I think it would be a great idea, Sonic. We could use all the help we can get.”

Cut back to Sonic. “All right. You can come, Amy.”

“Yay!” Amy replies.

The three of them walk out of Shamar and to the plane boarding dock. Tails launches the Tornado and Sonic prepares to set forth for his second great adventure around the world starting at Tanswana.

End of chapter.
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 20th 2011, 1:52 pm

Chapter 7
    Sonic, Tails and Amy have arrived in the dark forest of Tanswana. They get out of the plane and look around, only seeing fog and dark trees. Amy huddles in next to Sonic, shivering.
    "Uh, so Tails… any idea where the Emerald is?" she asks.
    "Nope. I think it would be best if we split up. We can cover more ground that way."
    "What?! No! I'm not going by myself!"
    "Then you can stay here. Come on, let's go, Sonic."
    "Right!"
    They begin walking off in opposite directions and Amy stays standing there. She quickly stops shivering and runs over to Sonic to join him.
    "Hey, how about we look together and Tails looks alone?"
    "Whatever. Just don't get in the way."
    "Yay! Our first date!"
    Sonic sighs, but ignores her and the two continue walking. They mainly walk blindfolded by the fog, until they bump into something that knocks them down onto the floor. They pull themselves back up after a few seconds.
    "What was that?" Amy asks.
    Sonic pushes the fog out of his face to get a closer look at what it is. He sees a giant foot and looks above to see a six feet tall monster made of Dark Gaia spores. Amy stays behind him, closing her eyes and shivering.
    "Amy, get back to the Tornado."
    "What? No, I'm staying with you!"
    "Do it now! I don't have time to argue!"
    Suddenly a tree breaks and falls right in front of them. Amy sees it as enough to scare her away and finally does what Sonic says.
    Sonic now recollects himself and gets ready to fight the monster.
    "All right! Time to rumble!" he says. The monster shoots balls of spore energy at him and he homing attacks off them, aiming for its head. As he gets to the top, the monster slams its arms at him and sends him thrashing back down. He pushes himself back up after a few seconds, bruised. He quickly runs back a few yards to get away from the monster as it begins walking towards him.
    "What the heck happened?! The Dark Gaia monsters were never this big before!" he says. He struggles walking and stands still thinking for a second, trying to think of a plan.
    "Wait, that's right! I can use the Chaos Emerald I have from the ship to absorb it!" he says. He pulls out the Chaos Emerald. "Hope this works." He holds up the Emerald. Nothing happens. Sonic sighs.
    "Go figure I'd forget to ask exactly how to absorb it…"
    Sonic gives up, and uses the Chaos Emerald's energy to increase his stamina and try to attack the monster again. This time he runs up a tree on the side and does a boost dash into it from behind. The monster disintegrates and it works, but Sonic falls down to the ground with the Emerald's energy used and his energy drained. He stands stumbling, and eventually faints.
    "Think I'll… take a break…" he mumbles before fainting.
    From above, Eggman comes in his Egg-o-matic. He snickers and captures the spores released from the monster into his Egg-o-Matic. "Thanks for the help, Sonic!" he shouts, then flies away.
    Meanwhile at Professor Pickles' house, Knuckles finally finishes patching up Pickles' floor.
    "There. Can I go now?" he says, getting off the floorboard and putting the tools aside.
    "Are you going to help Sonic?" Professor Pickle replies.
    "Yeah. I think he's gonna need it."
    "Then you should go back to the ruins of Eggmanland and see if you can find Chip."
    "Who's Chip?"
    "It's Sonic's nickname for the God, Light Gaia. Light Gaia counteracts Dark Gaia, and proves as his exact opposite. Light Gaia must be present again for the remaining sealment of Dark Gaia."
    "Why didn't you tell Sonic this? He's probably in big trouble now!"
    "I didn't want to trouble him too much. I thought you could be up to the task."
    "Ugh, fine! Sonic better be okay!" Knuckles exclaims, then runs out of Professor Pickles' house.
    He runs out to the dock port to look for any sort of transportation and sees nothing. He decides the only way he can get to Eggmanland's ruins is by digging under the ground. He does so, ignoring the ruckus he hears from above afterwards.
    After three miles of digging, he finally hears small theme park broken themes above him. He begins digging above and digs out, arriving at the park. He notices all that's left is some roller coasters broken down on the streets and the jukebox he hears.
    He looks around more and sees a giant hole in the floor that leads deep into the earth's core, which is covered in lava and rock. He goes down it and sees Chip sleeping in a giant globe bubble. He knocks on the bubble several times, but Chip doesn't wake up. He starts yelling.
    "Hey, wake up! We need your help, Light Gaia or whoever you are!"
    Chip continues sleeping and doesn't listen to Knuckles. Knuckles deduces that he must be in a sort of sleeping trans or hibernation. With no other option, he takes the whole bubble and carries it with him to show Professor Pickle. He climbs back up to the top of Eggmanland using one of his fists and holds the bubble with the other. As he nearly reaches the top, he notices a missle coming at him.
    "GAH! Sorry, Chip!"
    Knuckles has no choice but to drop Chip. He uses the fist he was holding Chip in to dodge to the other side. He then climbs back up and glides into the Egg Launcher, destroying and malfunctioning it. When he gets up, he stands and looks below. The bubble Chip was in has popped, and Chip is lying on the ground slightly moaning. Knuckles quickly rushes down to him.
    "Ugh… what happened? I'm not… supposed to be awake…" Chip mumbles.
    "You're awake!"
    "No… put me back in the bubble…" Chip replies, slightly opening his eyes.
    "Sonic needs your help! Dark Gaia isn't finished!"
    Chip quickly gets up and stops mumbling upon hearing this.
    "Sonic?! Where is he?"
    "He went with Amy and Tails into a dark forest called Tanswana. They're trying to capture Dark Gaia into the Emeralds before Eggman can use its energy, but Professor Pickle said they'll need your help."
    "Tanswana, huh? All right, thanks!"
    Chip teleports away, leaving Knuckles behind. Knuckles stands alone, angry.
    "I get no respect! Absolutely no respect at all!" he says.
    Meanwhile, at Tanswana, Amy continues sitting by the Tornado. With no sign of Sonic or Tails for fifteen minutes, she finally gives up waiting. She goes back to where she and Sonic saw the monster to see if Sonic is still there.
    When she arrives, she notices Sonic passed out on the ground. She quickly runs to him and shakes him.
    "Sonic! Sonic! Can you hear me?!"
    He says nothing. She continues shaking.
    "Stop joking around!" she yells, still getting no response. She gives up and sits down next to him lying down.
    "This is my fault. I shouldn't have left you alone…" she says meekly, and a tear falls from her eyes onto Sonic's head. As this happens, Sonic suddenly awakens. He rises up sitting, confused.
    "Amy? What are you doing here?"
    Amy looks at him joyfully, extremely relieved of his reawakening and hugs him.
    "Sonic, you're okay!"
    "Uh, yeah. Can you get off me?" he says, pushing her off then standing up. She stands up too. Then he continues speaking.
    "Last thing I remember is destroying some giant Dark Gaia monster. It was way bigger than the ones I fought last time," he says.
    "Could Eggman have something to do with it?" Amy asks.
    "It wouldn't surprise me. But it looks like we failed our first task. Eggman's probably going to get even stronger now."
    "Don't say that! You can handle him, Sonic!"
    "I hope so…" Sonic says, sounding doubtful.
    "What's our next move, anyways?"
    "I'm going to keep looking for that Emerald. We can't leave this place completely empty handed."
    Sonic runs off, leaving Amy. She calls from behind.
    "WAIT! What about me?!"
    "I'll be back in a second!" Sonic replies from far away in an echo voice.
    He approaches a large gap between two sides of the forest while running. He jumps over it. After landing, the floor begins to disappear. He jumps and sees springs on the side of him. He hits one and bounces far off, landing in a distant meadow with no trees or fog but a giant hedge maze.
    "Wow. Someone sure went out of their way designing this," he says. He begins running straight, and stops before a row of spikes. He jumps over it and is then approached by a row of Egg Fighters.
    "Egg Fighters?! Am I too late?!" he exclaims. He quickly destroys them with his homing attack and continues running faster, now more determined to figure out what's going on. As he continues through, an Interceptor begins chasing him. He finds some rings on the sides and uses them to begin boosting and knock the Interceptor away, dodging its laser fire.
    He reaches the end of the maze, but it's still a dead end. As he's about to turn around and try a different route, he suddenly falls through the ground into a dark underground sewer. Suddenly, lights flash on him. He puts his hands above his eyes to get a better view of what's going on.
    From behind him, he hears a giant roar. He looks behind him and sees a huge robotic alligator. It rushes out of the hole and begins chomping. Sonic jumps high to avoid it and gets behind it.
    "Hey, slow down! I'm only gonna destroy you anyways!" he taunts. It comes ramming at him again. This time, Sonic lets it eat him, but he comes out of its tail with his buzzcut, destroying it. As it blows up, Sonic hears a sparkling sound. Sonic looks and sees a glowing. It's the green Chaos Emerald.
    "Eggman is one step ahead of us!" Sonic exclaims, then grabs the Emerald. As he looks around for a way out, the wall on his right explodes opening a secret passage. He sees Tails walking out.
    "Tails! What happened?"
    "Sonic, there you are! Did you find the Emerald?"
    "Yeah, but… I wasn't able to absorb the Dark Gaia spores. And it seems like Eggman already has one step ahead of us. He had already gotten the Chaos Emerald and hidden it in his robot."
    "Well, look on the bright side. I found this map to all the other locations of the Dark Gaia spores while I was here!" Tails says and holds out a map.
    "Nice! That'll be useful!"
    "Yup."
    "So any idea how we get out of here?"
    "Follow me."
    They walk down the sewers for a few minutes following twists and turns. They begin talking as they do so.
    "How did you end up here?"
    "I found an old concrete door while I was searching. It seemed like there must have been something suspicious in it."
    "Oh. That makes sense."
    "But when I entered, the door disappeared and everything shut in behind me."
    "Then how are we supposed to get out?"
    "I think Eggman was really planning something weird… I saw some left over dynamite, which is what I used to blow up that wall. We can probably get out from where I got in by blowing up the wall."
    "Oh."
    They walk down and reach the end, seeing the wall.
    "All right, I'm lighting it. Sonic, stand back!"
    They both run away and the wall blows up. It leads them out of the sewer and back to the forest. They head back to the Tornado.
    "All right, one Chaos Emerald down! Let's get moving, Sonic!"
    "Uh… that just reminded me… I kinda left Amy behind."
    "What?!"
    "I didn't want her getting in the way, you know?"
    "Sonic, something bad could have happened to her!"
    "Yeah, I guess I'll go-"
    Behind Sonic, he sees Amy approaching slowly, stomping with her hammer out.
    "Maybe we should just leave her behind," Sonic says.
    "Wouldn't that be kind of messed up?" Tails replies.
    Before Sonic answers, Amy approaches them.
    "Sonic, what exactly happened?"
    "I… uh… sorry, Amy. I just didn't want you getting hurt! Really!"
    "Somehow I don't believe that!"
    "Amy, really, there's no time! We have to get the next Chaos Emerald!"
    "Then treat me with some respect!"
    She runs up to him. To avoid wasting time, Sonic just lets her hit him.
    "There! We're even now," she says.
    "Whatever. Come on, Tails. Let's get going."
    As they are about to leave, Chip suddenly appears before them. Sonic looks awestruck.
    "Chip! What are you doing here?"
    "I was told by your friend Knuckles that Dark Gaia is not finished. As Light Gaia, I can help you reseal him into the Chaos Emeralds."
    "All right! Now we can finally get the edge on Eggman!"
    "Yes. We must hurry or else his ambitions may destroy us all!"
    The four of them go into the Tornado and head off onto their next destination.
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 20th 2011, 1:53 pm

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not Over
    Chapter 8
    Sonic, Tails, Amy and Chip have just departed and are flying in the Tornado over the sea. Tails is piloting, Sonic standing on the wing, Amy sitting in the passenger seat and Chip hovering by Sonic. Sonic speaks up.
    “Tails, can you hand me the map? I’d better check where we should be heading.”
    Tails hands over the map to Sonic. He holds it by his head, looking over it.
    “Hmm… looks like the next closest destination is in the United Federation, in a state called Arizona.”
    “All right, which direction?”
    “Looks like it’s 10 miles North and 3 miles South from here.”
    “Then let’s go!” Amy says.
    “Right!” says Tails.
    Tails turns the ship from East to North heading towards the United Federation and Arizona.
    Meanwhile at Eggmanland, Knuckles begins digging back under the hole he dug hoping to end up back in Shamar. As he digs, he notices the route he went is blocked off by a gray door in the tunnel. He digs under it, only to find even harder metal under it. He thinks to himself:
    (“Gah! What’s this about?! Just my luck. First I’m abandoned here alone, and now I can’t even get back.”)
    Suddenly, he hears sounds coming from above. It sounds like stupid robots talking.
    “Scratch, it’s my turn to choose the music station!”
    “Grounder, you’re as dumb as a rock! It was your fault Robotnik abandoned us! I’m not letting you choose anything!”
    “Scratch, it’s not like I try to be stupid!”
    Knuckles goes back up the hole to see what’s going on. He sees a chicken looking robot and a robot with treadmills as feet and drills for hands, who appear really stupid. He continues hearing them arguing over the music station, until he finally loses his temper.
    “STOP!” he yells. They look over at him.
    “Who the heck are you?” the chicken one asks, who is named Scratch.
    “My name’s Knuckles. I’m looking for a way out of here. Would you two have any idea why the underground has been clogged with metal plates? It’s stopping me from getting out of here.”
    Scratch and Grounder look at each other with evil faces, then turn back around at Knuckles.
    “You know a way out of here?!” Scratch replies.
    “Well, yeah, but I need some way around the metal plates.”
    “I think we can help you with that. Just show us the way out first,” Grounder replies.
    Knuckles sighs. “Fine. What are you two doing here anyways? Shouldn’t you be working for Eggman?”
    “Eggman? Who’s that?” Scratch replies.
    “Oh, a fat evil scientist who uses robots attempting to dominate the world. I thought you two would be with him.”
    “Hmm… that sounds like our master, Dr. Robotnik!” Grounder replies.
    “I think that is a name I heard somewhere down the line.”
    Scratch and Grounder start looking down at the ground, depressed. Scratch finally talks.
    “He threw us away in a junk heap ten years ago, saying we’re stupid and useless! We did screw up a lot, but he didn’t have to go and do that!”
    Knuckles sighs. He’s hesitant about helping them escape as they’re with Eggman, but he also needs a way off the land.
    “All right, I’ll show you the way out. Follow me,” he finally says after thinking for a minute.
    Knuckles guides them through Eggmanland and shows them the hole he dug. They follow him down it and he shows them the metal plates. Grounder speaks up.
    “Oh, these? That’s nothing!” He turns his hands into bombs temporarily, and sets the bombs by the metal plates. “Just wait about one minute!”
    Knuckles climbs back up the hole to avoid getting blasted by the bombs, but Scratch and Grounder stupidly stay there waiting. Knuckles calls at them from above the hole.
    “Hey! Shouldn’t you two get away?”
    “Don’t worry, we’re built to withstand stuff like this!” Scratch replies.
    Knuckles sighs. “All right, whatever…”
    A minute later, the bombs explode. Knuckles goes back down the hole and sees the metal plates destroyed and a big hole leading beneath the tunnel he dug. He also sees Scratch and Grounder’s parts scattered everywhere and blown up.
    (“Oh well. I tried to warn them. I definitely can’t blame Eggman for dumping such idiots…”) he thinks to himself. (“I may as well see what’s down here that caused the metal plates.”)
    He goes down the hole that was blown up instead of heading back to Shamar. It’s a small isolated room with nothing but wires and a computer. He goes over to the computer and turns it on. Oddly, the computer self destructs when he turns it on.
    (“What the heck is going on here?”)
    From the other side where the door is, someone walks through. It’s an extremely thin looking scientist with no hair and odd sunglasses.
    “What do you think you’re doing snooping around here?!” he asks in a frustrated tone.
    “Uh, nothing. I was just taking a look.”
    “Yes, well, it does get somewhat lonely around here. I wouldn’t mind some company, actually.”
    “What?! Talk about a change in tone!”
    “My life was ruined by a man known as Dr. Robotnik. He offered me a well paying job to support my son and wife twenty years ago if I helped him utilize some of his equipment, but he just left me down here to rot afterwards. I know the technology I gave him would be far too much for me to fight against, so I’m not after revenge. But I would like to escape this miserable palce and see my family again. I’ve been so worried about them. I finally constructed a rocket designed with metal plates that would help me launch out of here, but someone or something just blew them up.”
    “Uh… oh. I’m sorry about that,” Knuckles replies.
    “You did it?!” says the scientist, who then holds out a laser gun and points it at Knuckles.
    “It was a mistake! I’ll make it up to you! Just hop on my back and I can get both of us back to the surface right now!”
    “You’d really do that?!” the scientist says, lowering his laser gun.
    “Of course!”
    “All right. I’ll trust you. I’ve been down here for too long.”
    The scientist jumps on Knuckles’ back. Knuckles climbs back up the hole and enters Shamar. The scientist gets off.
    “Well, here we are,” says Knuckles.
    “Land! I thought I would never see it again!”
    “I’m afraid I have no way of getting you home right now, but I do know a place you can stay for some time. I’ll take you there.”
    Knuckles walks to Professor Pickle’s house with the scientist. They converse on the way there.
    “So what’s your name, anyways?”
    “Professor Venit.”
    “Hmm. Well, don’t worry. Me and my friends will make sure Dr. Eggman gets what’s coming to him.”
    “That’s good news. That doctor makes me so mad.”
    They continue walking, until they arrive at Professor Pickle’s. Knuckles introduces Venit to Pickle.
    “This is Professor Venit. He needs a place to stay. I thought here would be good, but it’s crucial you find a way to get him back home.”
    “I’ll see what I can do. Thank you, Knuckles.”
    “All right, I’ll be going now.”
    “Where?”
    “I’m tired of sitting around. I’m going to find Sonic and see how I can help.”
    Knuckles walks out of the house and is stopped as he leaves by Venit.
    “Wait, before you go! There’s something I should give you in thanks for helping me out.”
    Knuckles turns around. “Yes?”
    He takes shoes out of his pocket.
    “These are called “hover shoes.” I passed some of my time inventing them. They can let you hover over water. My feet we’ren’t the right size for them, but I think they may fit you.”
    “All right, thanks! I think I can find Sonic now.”
    Knuckles exits the house.
    Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman returns from Tanswana to his lab. He parks his Egg-o-matic in his garage and empties the Dark Gaia energy from it into a container he has in his pocket.
    He sighs. “Another long day. I tell you, SA-55, being an evil genius isn’t easy.”
    “Maybe you should work on those genius skills. I just received word from a monitor bot at Eggmanland that Professor Venit escaped his underground prison today, thanks to the help of Knuckles.”
    “WHAT?!”
    “Yes, doctor.”
    “Why didn’t you do anything?! Ugh! I bet he still knows how all the equipment he gave me works and how to disable it!”
    “He is staying at Professor Pickle’s house in Shamar, from the information I’ve gathered. Shall I take an army of robots and eliminate him?”
    “Yes! Go right now!”
    “Yes, doctor.”
    SA-55 leaves. Eggman takes his Dark Gaia capsule and sets it by his keyboard.
    “Only one thing remains. I must make sure that pesky hedgehog doesn’t get in my way.” He looks at his computer monitor and sees where Sonic is headed next.
    “So, he’s found a map of the Dark Gaia locations. Ugh. I’ll have to make sure to cut him off with some help of my Dark Gaia capsule!”
    Meanwhile, Sonic, Tails, Amy and Chip arrive in Arizona. They get out. They notice the place is covered in sand and dirt, and is located by a run down old casino.
    “Why the heck would there be Dark Gaia energy in a dump like this?” Sonic asks.
    “Well, that may be just it. The locals here must feed on major negative emotions because the place is such a dump,” Tails responds.
    “Anyways, I’m going to scout the area. I’ll be right back.”
    The road is closed in and narrow ahead. Sonic carefully crosses it being sure not to fall. He looks down below him to check his footing. As he’s looking down, he eventually hears Amy yelling across him.
    “Sonic! Look toward you!” she yells.
    He sees boulders coming towards him. He quickly jumps avoiding them right before they strike him. Then he makes his way across the rest of the ledge and into a trailer attached to it. When he gets in the trailer, he demands:
    “All right! Who’s here? Who’s tossing the boulders?”
    No one speaks up. He looks around the trailer and sees no one there.
    He assumes they clearly aren’t alone. “I’ll be right back and see what’s going on!” he yells to them from across the trailer.
    He uses spin dash to launch through the other side. He then jumps out and begins running, arriving at a canyon cliff outside the trailer. He almost speeds off it after running so quickly, but quickly halts himself at the end. He steps back and takes a second to catch his breath. Then he looks below and sees a long way down with seemingly no bottom. Across him a few yards is a second trailer but with a treadmill, and what seems to be guarded by a five feet tall robot with a rounded stomach and a still face. Sonic deduces this must be the robot that was launching boulders at him.
    He jumps in the air and prepares to Homing Attack the robot. As he closes in, the robot shoots tw boulders at him from its arm.
    “That all you got?” Sonic says arrogantly, and stops his Homing Attack mid-air to jump on the boulders. On the second boulder, he finishes the Homing Attack and strikes the robot down.
    As he lands, he notices the treadmill. He quickly begins walking faster, thinking to himself;
    (“I bet Eggman beat us here. He must have set the place up with traps to stop us from getting the Chaos Emerald and capturing Dark Gaia!”)
    Eventually, Sonic runs across the treadmill. At the end is a giant central circle outside the trailer, in front of the big run down casino. Sonic deduces Eggman must have all his evil plans awaiting inside the casino, and decides to head back and grab the others before entering.
    He rushes back and meets them, who are still waiting at the Tornado.
    “The coast is clear, everyone. Follow me to the casino!”
    “Awesome job, Sonic!” Tails says.
    Sonic leads them across the narrow edge and through the trailer, then over the cliff and through the other trailer. Tails and Chip fly their way across, whereas Amy holds onto Sonic’s back as he jumps across.
    They eventually arrive at the big circle platform across from the casino. Amy begins talking.
    “Is this place a wasteland or what?”
    “I’m sensing Dark Gaia’s presence nearby, everyone… Stay sharp,” responds Chip. They begin looking around preparing.
    Suddenly, Chip’s fears were realized. Three Deep Nightmare Dark Gaia creatures appear out of no where and begin walking towards the group. Sonic quickly has them huddle behind him, then yells:
    “Tails and Amy, make a run for the casino and find the Chaos Emerald! Chip, you stay here and help me take care of these! Move!”
    Amy grabs onto Tails’ hands and he flies her over the Deep Nightmares to the casino. Then, Sonic prepares to fight the Deep Nightmares. He curls himself into a ball and begins charging his spin dash, then releases it at the one ahead of him just before the two on his sides strike him. He ends up bouncing off of it and back to where he was. Meanwhile, Chip hovers above the fighting waiting for Sonic’s orders, and calls below him.
    “Sonic, be careful! You need much more energy to beat them without your enhanced strength from the Dark Gaia energy!”
    “Thanks, I was wondering why these things were getting so much harder to fight…” Sonic replies, running away from them. He decides to try and weaken them by running quickly around them and making them dizzy.
    “How do you guys feel now?!” he says.
    They all look extremely dizzy and unconcious. Sonic quickly gathers some rings around him and prepares to boost dash into them, but just as he’s about to, Dr. Eggman comes in from above in his Egg-o-Matic.
    “Not so fast, Sonic! I have a little present for you!”
    From above, Eggman pours the Dark Gaia vile onto the Deep Nightmares. This quickly mutates them into one Dark Gaia spore, and makes them huge as a tree. Sonic had already charged his boost and dashes into them regardless, which knocks him back down. He pulls himself up and looks above him.
    “Man, no one ever cuts me any slack!”
    “Sonic, the circle is narrow! Maybe you can lure him off!” Chip calls.
    “Great idea!”
    Sonic stands near the edge and taunts the giant monster.
    “Come on, step it up!”
    The monster slowly begins walking towards him. Sonic continues taunting, now rubbing his finger beneath his nose.
    “You’re too slow!”
    The monster now gets angry and rams at him. He quickly dodges it. The monster falls off the cliff and hits the ground, with the Dark Gaia spores splattering on the bottom.
    Eggman calls from above as he begins absorbing the spores into his Egg-o-Matic. “Thanks for the help, Sonic!” he yells.
    “Not if I can help it!” Sonic responds. He holds out the green Chaos Emerald as the Dark Gaia spores begin getting sucked up. “Chip, now!”
    Chip quickly flies down to help Sonic. He touches the Emerald and closes his eyes and says, “Evil, be purified by the light!”
    The Dark Gaia spores get sucked into the Chaos Emerald and are redirected from the Egg-o-Matic. Eggman angrily pounds on his Egg-o-Matic.
    “Gah! This time I’ll let you go, but the next time we meet, you won’t be so lucky!” he says, then flies off.
    As Sonic was fighting the Deep Nightmares, Tails and Amy were inside the casino. It’s a dark casino with broken pool tabls inside it and dim lamps are hanging from above.
    “Hurry, Sonic needs-“ Amy begins loudly, then Tails covers her mouth. He says, whispering.
    “Careful! We don’t want to attract any attention.”
    “Oh, sorry,” Amy replies whispering as well.
    Avoiding the guards by sneaking underneath the tables, they arrive at the end of the casino. They notice they step on an underground manhole on the way there.
    “Hey, Tails! Look!” Amy whispers.
    “Right. Let’s check it out.” Tails whispers back.
    They go below the manhole, still not being spotted.
    Underneath the lights are much brighter. They look around and see a giant scorpion robot behind them.
    “I bet Eggman hid another Chaos Emerald inside of that!” Tails says.
    “Let’s pound it then!” Amy replies, and begins rushing at it with her hammer. She strikes it continually but it doesn’t work, and it instead flings her to the wall with its tentacle.
    “Amy, I could’ve probably told you that wasn’t a good idea.” says Tails, with a sweatdrop coming from his head.
    The scorpion then begins heading towards Tails. Tails flies above using his two tails and gets a closer look at its weak spots. He notices the legs seem extremely fragile.
    “Amy, get behind it and whack its legs with your hammer! I’ll keep its face distracted!”
    Amy hears by the wall, and pulls herself together. “Right!”
    Tails begins flying around the scorpion’s face. “Come on, is that all you got?” he taunts.
    The scorpion shoots lasers from its eyes as Tails flies around avoiding them. After a few minutes of avoiding, he sees Amy from the other end finally about to destroy the legs.
    Amy charges at them with her hammer. She destroys both of them and leaves the scorpion laying on the ground.
    “Good job, Amy! I’ll take it from here!” Tails calls.
    Tails runs up to it and uses his tails attacks to destroy the head. A giant explosion results, and the blue Chaos Emerald comes out of it.
    “Yes! Let’s get back to Sonic, Amy!” Tails calls to her.
    “Right!” She runs back to the ladder with him. They climb up it.
    Above, they see all the robots glaring at them. They are armies of Egg Fighters and Egg Launchers.
    “Uh, I think we’ll be going now!” Tails says. He carries Amy across them avoiding their fire and goes to the door. They quickly exit it and see Sonic and Chip outside, having defeated the Dark Gaia monster and collected its energy.
    “Hey guys, I think we should get going!” Amy exclaims.
    “What’s the big rush?” asks Sonic. Suddenly, the door to the casino explodes and the army of Eggman robots come out following them.
    “That!” she replies.
    “Uh, right. Everyone, hang on tight!”
    Everyone hangs onto Sonic’s back as he quickly zooms them through the trailer and to the next one. As he runs, loud explosions are heard and debris is scattering everywhere. They eventually make it to the Tornado and everyone quickly hops in.
    They depart and the trailers and casino explode along with the robots, leaving the whole place in ruins.
    To be continued…
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 20th 2011, 1:54 pm

Chapter 9

Sonic, Tails, Amy and Chip continue flying over the ocean. Tails pulls the map out from under his seat to check where there next destination is. As he is about to hold it above his head, he notices the gas gauge for the Tornado is extremely low with only about a minute left. A sweat drop falls from his head as he prepares to tell the others the bad news.

“Uh… guys?”

“What is it, Tails?” Sonic responds.

“I kind of wasn’t checking the gas gauge, and I just realized we only have about a minute left before we fall into the ocean,” Tails responds in a mellow, guilty sounding voice.

“Tails! I can’t swim!”

Amy looks below them at the thrusters.

“It’s too late! We’re already falling!” she exclaims.

“Uh-oh…” Chip says meagerly.

The Tornado falls into the ocean a few moments later. Tails uses his propeller tails to avoid falling in. As the others continue falling, he says:

“Quick, everyone! Grab onto my hands!”

“Right!” Sonic replies. Sonic quickly grabs his hands and is at safety. Amy grabs Sonic’s hand and Chip uses his tiny wings to hover alongside Tails. However, Amy cannot sustain her grip and begins slipping. She speaks.

“Sonic, I can’t hold on!”

“Just don’t let go, Amy!”

“I… can’t!”

Her fingers get looser and looser. She eventually falls and lands in the ocean, and the strong pressure in it pulls her down.
    Sonic continues holding onto Tails above the ocean as Chip hovers. Tails speaks up.

“Sonic, we have to save her!”

“I won’t last one second down there!”

“What choice do we have?!”

As the incident was going on, Knuckles was watching from a distance. He was on his hover shoes searching for the crew over the ocean. He finally recognizes them and runs over to them, seeing Tails hanging with Sonic holding on and Chip hovering.

“Hey! What’s going on?” he says.

“Knuckles! What are you doing here?”

“I was looking for you guys. It’s a long story, but I got these awesome shoes that let me hover over water.”

“Well, you came just at the right time! We need you to go underwater and save Amy before she drowns!”

“Hm, doesn’t sound like a problem. I’ll be right back!”

Knuckles takes off his hover shoes and they stay hovering over the ocean. He then dives in and begins swimming around. The ocean is extremely dark and he has to squint. He eventually sees what looks like Amy’s headband next to a hole that seems to lead further under the ocean. He picks up the headband and thinks.

(“Was I too late? Something must have happened to her. Sonic will be so mad if I don’t return with her, though.”)

He then begins to feel himself choke. He is running out of oxygen.

(“Gah! I’d better hurry down here and hope there’s air.”)

He picks up the headband and goes down the hole. The tunnel goes down extremely deep and coral surrounds it from all directions. Then he sees several robotic pirrahnas above through a small light in the dim tunnel. He is shocked, and thinks Eggman must even be working to stop Sonic under the ocean. Behind the pirrahanas he sees air bubbles, which he needs desperately. With no other choice, he swims towards them. The pirrahanas also come towards him. He tries to punch them, but instead they just bite onto his knuckles and slowly begin eating his gloves. He tries shaking them off, with no avail. Then he finally comes up with the idea of smashing them against each other. He does so and they blow up into robotic pieces.

He swims towards the air bubbles and breathes them, and manages to breathe normally again at last. He continues swimming past them after breathing from them but ends up bumping his head against a wall. He backs up, then squints and realizes that he reached a dead end. He looks above him to see if there may be something else, and notices an opening in the water above him. He swims up it.

Knuckles gets out of the water at the top and has arrived at a small isolated cave. He sees nothing there but Amy sitting down near the corner, her eyes closed, legs kneeled above her face and arms around her legs. Knuckles taps her shoulder with her headband and she gets out of the position to look. She sees Knuckles and takes the headband and puts in on her head but then ignores Knuckles and goes back to her old position.

“Hey. Uh… what’s wrong?” Knuckles asks.

She unfolds her position again. “What’s wrong? I’ll tell you what’s wrong! I’m stuck down here with no way out and I’ll probably never see Sonic again!”

“Sonic and Tails sent me down here to save you. Don’t worry, I can take you back up.”

“What’s the point? The Tornado is gone anyways!”

Knuckles gets in an angry tone. “Well, fine, stay here and mope if you want! I shouldn‘t have wasted my time!”

He begins walking off to leave, but Amy stops him before he enters the water.

“Knuckles, wait!”

Knuckles turns back around and looks. She has gotten up off the ground.

“I’m just worried about Sonic, that’s all. He can’t swim and I don’t know how long Tails can hold him.”

Knuckles responds, “Sitting around thinking about it won’t help.”

“You’re right,” she replies, wiping a tear off her eyelid. “I’ll go with you.”

“Good! Then let’s get moving.”

Amy walks towards him. As she is doing so, she notices a feeling of paper beneath her feet. She looks under her feet and sees that the Dark Gaia map was washed into the small cave as well. She picks it up.

“Hey, here’s the map!”

“What?”

“Our map to the Dark Gaia locations! Somehow it ended up here!”

“Wow. Where does it say the next spot is?”

“Oddly enough… it seems to be depicting this exact spot of the ocean!”

“Wait, what?! Let me see that!”

Knuckles walks over to her and looks at the map. She is correct and there is an X over the ocean next to Arizona.

“Maybe we should go ahead and look for it before we go back. I’m sure Sonic will be fine.”

“But how?”

“Because he’s Sonic. He’s gotten out of much tougher situations than this. In fact, I bet he and Tails are finding a safe place to wait right now…”

Meanwhile on the surface, Tails is beginning to get tired.

“Sonic, I don’t know how much longer I can hold you,” he says in an exhausted voice.

Sonic turns his head around in circles looking for a place they could rest. He spots a huge rock sticking out of the ocean a few yards away from them East.

“Think you could make it to that rock?” he says pointing.

“I’ll… try,” Tails responds and begins flying towards it. They nearly reach it when Tails collapses and begins falling. Sonic quickly grabs Tails as he falls and then Sonic uses all the momentum he can pull off to jump to the rock. Sonic sets Tails down to rest while he stands next to him. After a few moments, Tails sits up and talks.

“Sonic, is everything okay?”
    “Yeah. We made it here.”

“So now what?”

“We just have to trust Knuckles. Hopefully he can come back with a way out of this mess.”

“All right.”

Sonic looks around. He notices Chip is missing.

“Hey, did you see Chip anywhere? Wasn’t he hovering right by us?”

“He was… I can’t remember much of anything after I got exhausted, though.”

“Dang it! I think we lost him! I should have been paying more attention!”

“It wasn’t your fault. We were both distracted.”

Sonic slams his left fist in his right hand, still angry.

“I guess so. I just hope we can find him once we have a way to travel again.”

Back at Shamar in Professor Pickle’s house, he calls GUN on his telephone to see if they may have custody for Professor Ven.

“Hello?” says the GUN commander who answers the phone.

“Yes, my name is Professor Pickle calling from the country of Shamar. I have a new friend who could be in major danger from Dr. Eggman and it is urgent he gets back to his house immediately.”

“I will send an agent there right away. Please give him about five minutes.”

“Five minutes?!”

“Yes. Out.”

The GUN commander hangs up. Professor Pickle looks dumbstruck and talks to Professor Ven.

“What kind of agent could get here in five minutes?” he asks.

“Not sure, but it sure raises my hopes of getting home soon.”

“Well, I don’t know whether -”

Professor Pickle is interrupted by sudden loud explosions from outside the house. He walks towards the door and peeks outside of it to find out what the commotion is as Professor Ven goes near the corner of the house.

When Pickle peeks out, he sees Egg Fighters and Egg Launchers everywhere attacking the city. He quickly shuts the door to avoid detection and then locks it along with all the windows.

“What’s the big deal?” asks Ven, still hiding in the corner.

“It looks like Eggman’s after something.”

“Could it be me?”

“That would seem likely.”

“No! Then the town is doomed because of me!”

“Hopefully GUN sent one good agent…”

Outside, the robots continue destroying huts and citizens run around everywhere. From above the robots, SA-55 hovers in the air. He consistently yells, “Keep searching! Find that professor! Tear everything up until you do!” to the robots.

The GUN agent finally arrives on one of the rooftops. It’s Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic’s both ally and nemesis. He talks.

“Woah. Guess I got here a little too late.”

He then preceeds to attack the robots. He dashes through the town and does a Chaos Blast on a group of robots attacking the shop. He then sees Interceptors beginning to shoot lasers from above and launches Chaos Spears at them, destroying them. He also does Homing Attacks on robots he sees while searching by the hot dog stand. After that, he had finally destroyed them all.

Professor Pickle saw the fighting through his window and leaves the house to confront Shadow, who is walking around looking for Professor Ven. Pickle speaks up after walking up to Shadow.

“Excuse me, are you the agent GUN sent?”

“That would be correct. Are you the one in trouble here?”

“No. It’s actually an associate of mine in my house.”

“Can you take me to him?”

“Yes. Follow me.”

Pickle leads Shadow into his house and shows Ven in the corner kneeling down and hiding.

“Everything’s safe now,” Pickle says. Ven gets up and looks. Shadow talks.

“I was sent here because I was told you were in danger of Dr. Eggman. Judging by the robots I had to destroy, that seems accurate.”

“Yes. I was once offered a job by the doctor, but he turned on me and took the equipment for himself, then locked me away in an underground lab. A swell fellow named Knuckles just recently found and released me.”

“Whatever the case be, I can take you to our shelter homes at GUN for protection. I wouldn’t recommend going home with Eggman still after you.”

“All right. Thank you, sir!”

“Hold onto my back.”

Ven does so. Cut to Shadow. He throws Professor Pickle a GUN communicator before leaving.

“Let me know if something more comes up with Eggman through the communicator. I can’t let GUN down.”

“Thank you, Shadow. I will.”

“Good. Chaos Control!”

Upon saying Chaos Control, Shadow and Ven warp away.

Back under the sea, Knuckles and Amy decide to leave the cave. Amy holds onto Knuckles’ back as he swims. When they get out, they see no signs of a Chaos Emerald whatsoever. All they see continues to be nothing but darkness. Knuckles decides to pull out the Master Emerald and see if it can help light the way.

As they’re looking, they see what looks like a run down old temple in the darkness. They decide to swim over to it and investiagate. They open the door and inside there is no water.

“I bet this is where the Chaos Emerald is,” Knuckles says.

“Looks like it’s hidden enough.”

They walk down the temple’s hall and notice there are murals on the walls of ancient looking sea creatures. They walk for about ten minutes and it continues to be nothing but a long path with murals on the wall.

“We’ve been walking a long time. I wonder if there isn’t anything here,” says Amy.

“Maybe it’s somewhere on the murals,” Knuckles responds.

“I guess we could try that.”

They begin feeling the murals and pulling them trying to check if anything exists beyond them. They have no luck and give up. Amy talks.

“Want to turn back?”

“No, I’m still convinced there’s something here. I’m going to try digging further down.”

Knuckles begins trying to use his knuckles to tear up the floor beneath him and get further down. He fails, as the floor is too hard of concrete. He gets back up.

“Guess that was no good. Still, there must be something we missed here.”

“So you want to keep on walking? It looks like it could go on for hours.”

“…Maybe,” he says, then continues looking around more. He finally spots something that may be useful to them, a blue diamond looking shape hanging on the ceiling. “Wait!”

“What?”

“I think I have an idea!”
    He climbs up the wall and then glides off it towards the diamond switch. As he approaches it he slams his fist really hard above it. It breaks and out of it comes the yellow Chaos Emerald, as he was hoping.

“Yes! I was right!” he says.

As Knuckles returns to the ground excited, Amy looks at the walls and notices they are starting to close in.

“Uh, Knuckles! I think we’d better get out of here!”

Knuckles looks towards his right and left and notices the walls as well.

“Uh, right! Hurry!”

They run extremely fast towards the entrance. As they run, Amy looks at them and notices they seem to be controlled by wires and gears as their paint begins to rust from pushing in.

“Hey, look at the walls! They’re all mechanical!”

“I figured. I had a feeling Eggman was here when I first saw those robotic pirrahnas on my way here.”

“I hope he hasn’t gotten to Sonic!”

“Just shut up and keep running!” Knuckles says, ignoring her and noticing the walls closing in more. They eventually make it to the end and dive out back into the ocean. They then swim back up to confront Sonic and Tails. They notice them on the rock and swim over to them.

“Knuckles! Amy! What was with the long wait?” Sonic asks as they lift themselves onto the rock.

“We found another Chaos Emerald under the ocean!” answers Knuckles, holding out the yellow Chaos Emerald.

“Nice job!”

“Yup!”

Tails speaks up.

“Just one problem, everyone. We’re still stranded here!”

“Oops. Looks like hover boots are gone too.” says Knuckles.

“There’s only one thing we can do then,” says Sonic. “Knuckles, you’ll have to go back in, find the Tornado, and try to use the Master Emerald to restore it.”

“Fine. I have to do everything around here, don’t I?” he says, then jumps into the water.

He swims a ways east using the Master Emerald to light his way. He eventually spots the Tornado buried in junk and crashed. He holds the Master Emerald up to it and it fully recharges, then surfaces. He swims back up.

“That should do it!”

“Good. Then should we get going?” says Sonic.

“Wait, Sonic!” Amy says. “I think there’s Dark Gaia spores somewhere around here.”

“Why would you say that?”

“I have the map right here showing it.”

After she says this, her suspcisions come true. A Dark Eel rises out of the ocean right by the rock.

“Everyone, get in the Tornado! I’ll take care of this!” Sonic says.

“Not without me!” Knuckles replies and stays on the rock to fight with him. Tails and Amy still get into the Tornado.

“Fine! Let’s do it!”

Knuckles holds out his fist. “How about the good old meteor bomb?”

“All right.”

Sonic curls into a ball and jumps into Knuckles’ palm. Knuckles jumps in the air and slams Sonic towards the Dark Eel. Sonic drives a hole through it and it evaporates.

“Knuckles, toss me the Emerald!”

“Don’t you need Chip around?”

Sonic looks around, forgetting Chip was gone.

“Argh!”

Tails calls from the Tornado and throws Sonic a container “Here, use this!”

“What is it?”

“I thought something like this could happen, so I made a container to store the Dark Gaia energy in temporarily. It was empowered with the energy of Knuckles’ new Chaos Emerald, so it should work.”

“Way to go, Tails!” Sonic replies and opens the container holding it near the Dark Gaia energy. The energy sucks into it.

Tails flies the Tornado by Sonic and Knuckles on the rock, with Amy in the back seat. Sonic jumps onto the front wing and Knuckles onto the back. They take off into the air. As they fly, Sonic brings up something odd that he noticed.

“Guys, did you notice Dr. Eggman was nowhere in sight and that Dark Gaia monster was way too easy? Something’s definitely not right here.”

“Maybe we were just too quick for him?” Tails replies.

“No. I saw his robotics under water. He was definitely here earlier,” replies Knuckles.

“This disturbs me. I have a feeling he must be up to something pretty awful to miss more Dark Gaia energy,” Sonic says.

Meanwhile in Dr. Eggman’s lab, he has just arrived back from a trip. He gets out of his Egg-o-Matic and takes out a small container from it, then holds it in his hands. Inside the container is Chip, who appears knocked out. As Eggman walks towards his computer and sets the container down, Chip finally awakens.

“Wha? Where am I?” he says, confused. He then looks and sees Eggman, and pulls back shocked. He also notices his confinement.

“Let me out of here! What do you want with me?”

“Oh, you shall soon see. I have big plans in store with you,” he replies. Chip backs away towards the back of the container with fearful eyes.

To be continued…
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over ZtZYh

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Blackr10Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Medalw11Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Zigzag10Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over White10Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Medal13Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 20th 2011, 2:27 pm

It's good stuff, and here's hoping you do continue it.
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 21st 2011, 1:47 am

I decided to finally write another chapter today. Here it is, hope you guys like it. I should write another one sometime next week, hopefully.

Chapter 10
    Eggman pulls Chip out of his container and holds him in his hands. He then places Chip on the center hole of a device in his computer.
    "What the heck?" Chip asks, "What do you need me for? I thought you were after the Dark Gaia energy!"
    "Well, I was," Eggman replies, "but then I thought to myself; what if I could have the powers of both Light and Dark Gaia under my control? Then no one would be able to stop me!"
    "You're overestimating yourself! I'll never let you use me for your own purposes!"
    "Oh, we shall see about that..."
    Eggman flips a switch by the computer and Chip begins getting electrocuted. Chip begins grunting and moaning in serious pain. He tries to resist, but eventually gives in and yells at Eggman to turn off the switch.
    “Stop!” he yells, “What do you want?”
    Eggman turns the switch off.
    “Well, first of all, you have that map for the Dark Gaia spores. I want you to show me their locations. Then, I want you to use the Chaos Emeralds to become Gaia Collosus and aid me in my plan of conquering the world.”
    “I’ll tell you where the next location is, but what makes you think Sonic will go there? He’ll come for me first!”
    “You really think he values you more than saving the world?”
    “Of course he does, we’re friends! He’ll still save the world after saving me!”
    “Then why did he just let me capture you? He didn’t make any apparent effort to stop me.”
    “He… was busy.”
    “No, he just didn’t care. That’s why you should join my side, Chip.”
    “My role on this planet was to stop Dark Gaia from destroying it whenever Dark Gaia arose. Not to help destroy it!”
    “Oh, it doesn’t matter.”
    Eggman flips the switch again, and Chip begins getting electrocuted again.
    “All right!” Chip yells, and Eggman turns of the switch. “The next location was a dark tunnel in Droyunta valley.”
    “Good! SA-55, keep an eye on him. I’m going over there!”
    Eggman hops into his Egg-o-Matic and prepares to head to Droyunta.
    Meanwhile, Shadow has taken Ven to the GUN base. The base is full of GUN tanks and robots, and there are houses on the sides. Shadow guides Ven over to one of the houses on the right.
    “This is where you’ll be staying. We have GUN flyers over the house, so if there’s any suspicious activity, you’ll be safe,” Shadow tells Ven.
    “What are you going to do?” Ven asks.
    “GUN has another assignment for me. I’m sorry, but I can’t protect you anymore. GUN’s robots should be enough, though. I doubt Eggman could locate you way out here anyway.”
    “I hope you’re right. I would much rather not be part of Eggman’s schemes.”
    “Don’t worry. You’ll be fine. Well, I’d better go.”
    Shadow leaves the house and warps away.
    Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy reside on the Tornado in the water, discussing what their next move should be. Sonic speaks up.
    “All right, how about this. Knuckles and Amy, you two try to pick up Eggman’s trail and find Chip, while Tails and I head for the next Dark Gaia location.”
    “What are you talking about, Sonic? I thought you and I were supposed to be being paired together! Remember our twenty dates?” Amy replies.
    “But Knuckles has the hover shoes. Sorry, Amy, it’s the only way,” Tails responds.
    “Fine,” Amy says, sighing.
    “All right then, gang! Let’s get to it!” Sonic exclaims.
    Amy holds onto Knuckles’ back as they try to follow the smoke left in the air from Eggman’s machine, while Sonic and Tails lift off into the sky from the ocean.
    Sonic and Tails begin flying. Tails speaks up.
    “All right, Sonic. According to the map, our next location should be a dark tunnel in a continent south of here, called Droyunta.”
    “All right! Let’s do it!”
    Sonic and Tails fly off. Tails drives the plane as Sonic stands on the back wing looking over at the ocean. He eventually gets tired of looking at the same blue ocean for minute upon minute, so he lays down to sleep. All of a sudden a few minutes later, he feels the Tornado come to a sudden halt. He wakes up to ask what’s going on.
    “Hey! What’s with the sudden-?” he starts, but then is interrupted by Tails
    “Shh! Look in front of you,” Tails whispers.
    They see Eggman in his Egg-o-Matic flying in front of them towards the continent, which is only a few minutes away from them now.
    “What should we do, Sonic?” Tails asks.
    “I’m not sure. He may have secret reinforcements with him, but we can’t let him get there before us either. Is there a way you can transform this thing into some kind of submarine, so we can go under him?”
    “Hmm, I totally forgot about that. I remember just installing a button for just that into the Tornado before we left on our journey. Hang on, I’ll lower us down to the water first.”
    Tails lowers the Tornado down to the water, and presses a button on the right of the plane. It transforms into a submarine, which plunges into the ocean and surrounds itself around Sonic and Tails. The submarine is the size of the tornado, but two seated and has two bowls where Sonic and Tails’ heads are for their oxygen.
    “All right, Tails! I’ll keep an eye on the surface, and you drive! We have to make sure that when we dock, Eggman doesn’t see us!”
    “Sure, Sonic! I’ll just keep going forward and you tell me when you see a safe landing spot.”
    Tails does so. He puts the submarine into hyper acceleration, until it reaches the edge of the continent, so they can get there before Eggman. Before crashing into the continent’s wall, Tails asks Sonic;
    “Hey, so what should I do now? Pull up?”
    “No, Eggman would see us. I have a better idea. I think you should steer us around the edge of the continent, and then pull us up to the surface. Then you can use your tails to fly me up to the continent. That way, Eggman shouldn’t be able to see us.”
    “All right, got it, Sonic!”
    Tails swerves the Tornado to the right side of the continent, and then maneuvers it up to the surface. They exit the Tornado, and Tails carries Sonic up to the top of the continent. On top is what appears to be a countryside village; there is a big lake shaped like a circle in the middle, with trees and sidewalk with well made houses on the side, having perfect paint jobs and beautiful looking yards. Beyond the lake is a mountain, where Sonic and Tails presume the cave must be. Tails speaks up.
    “Wow, talk about a nice place to live. This place has just about perfect scenery and weather.”
    “Yeah, but we’re not here for sightseeing. We need to get over the lake and into the mountain over there.”
    “Right, let’s go!”
    Sonic runs superfast towards the mountain, around the lake and into the cave, with Tails following behind him by propelling his tails. As they arrive, they walk in and notice the cave is pitch dark and impossible to see through.
    Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman arrives at the continent just after Sonic and Tails had entered the cave. He turns his Egg-o-matic into the Egg walker and sees the cave ahead, and begins walking towards it. He begins talking through his communicator to the flying robots he has positioned above the island.
    “All right, minions. I’m heading into the cave now. In the meantime, I’d like you robots to destroy the homes around here and scare the townspeople away. I don’t want them interfering as I capture more Dark Gaia force.”
    “Yes, doctor,” the robots responds. They drop bombs from their hatches onto the houses, and terrified townsfolk begin running out. They see Dr. Eggman there, and respond with cries of fear and running away.
    “Eggman is invading our city! Everyone, to the evacuation boats!” yells the town’s mayor, who is wearing a white business suit and has a mustache. All the citizens run from the island and to the docks, where boats are left behind.
    Meanwhile, as Sonic and Tails walk through the dark cave, Sonic speaks up.
    “Ugh, I can’t see anything in this cave. Why don’t you pull out a Chaos Emerald to light our way, Tails?”
    Tails pulls the red one out, and they can see in front of them a large path that seemingly goes on forever. They both sigh.
    “Uh, Sonic, how about you run ahead? I can wait out here. It would take too long for both of us.”
    “All right, Tails. Just be careful.”
    Sonic runs superfast ahead with the Chaos Emerald. He runs straight for about eight minutes… and still reaches no end, continuing running.
    As Tails waits behind, Eggman spots him, who is using the lights on his Egg Walker to light his way.
    “Fox boy! I knew you and that pesky hedgehog would be here!”
    “Eggman! What do you want?”

“I think you know what I want! Hand over your Chaos Emeralds, show me where Sonic is, and point me in the direction of the Dark Gaia spores!” he threatens, leaning into Tails’ face with his cannon.
    Tails thinks to himself, trying to decide how to deal with Eggman.
    (“Ugh, great. On one hand, if I call Sonic over, all his time searching for the Emerald and Dark Gaia spores will be wasted. But then again, I can’t take on Eggman on my own, at least not without the Tornado. Maybe I could trick him, and buy Sonic some time by doing so…”)
    “All right, uh, blow up the cave wall to the right of here. Pretty sure that’s where the Emerald and Gaia spores are.”
    “Fine then, stand back!” Eggman launches missles into the wall, and it crumbles down to reveal a secret hidden room.
    It turns out Tails was right about the locations of them, as a new looking Dark Gaia monster with giant claws and fangs, and a dog like figure appears along with the turquoise Chaos Emerald.
    “Oops…” Tails says.
    “Ho ho ho! Thank you for making my job so much easier, Tails!”
    Eggman walks up to grab the Chaos Emerald, but the Dark Gaia monster hurdles in front of it. Eggman blasts the monster with his cannon, but it doesn’t affect it.
    “Gah! Get out of my way, you stupid mutt!”
    The monster jumps on Eggman and tears him out of his Egg Walker. Meanwhile, as the monster is attacking Eggman, Tails runs to get the Chaos Emerald.
    “All right, see ya, Eggman! Have fun!” he yells as he leaves the room, with Eggman still getting beat up.
    “Sonic! Come back! I found the Chaos Emerald!” he yells in the middle of the cave.
    Sonic rushes back and notices Tails holding it.
    “Geez… thanks buddy. I don’t think I could have taken much more of just running forward.”
    “Don’t mention it, but we still have another problem.”
    “Oh yeah? What?”
    Suddenly, the Dark Gaia monster gets off Eggman because it sees Sonic holding the Chaos Emerald, and starts charging towards Sonic.
    “Uh… that!”
    Sonic jumps quickly to avoid its attack.
    “We have to lead it out of the cave! Come on, Tails, let’s go!”
    Sonic and Tails run out of the cave, with the Dark Gaia monster following closely behind them.
    “All right, Tails, get the Tornado ready! I’ll handle this!”
    “Roger, Sonic!”
    Tails flies off towards the Tornado, as Sonic prepares to fight the Dark Gaia beast. The beast slowly backs him near the lake.
    “Come on, show me what you can do!”
    The beast growls at him, then lunges towards him. Sonic runs out of the way as it lunges, so the beast falls into the water. Sonic then holds out his Chaos Emerald and strikes the beast with a charged homing attack, and lands back onto the grass after disintegrating it. He then uses Tails’ capsule to capture its spores.
    “Another annoyance bites the dust!” he says, cockily. Tails then arrives in the air with the Tornado and lowers down towards the lake.
    “All right, Sonic! Hop in!”
    “Awesome job, Tails!”
    Meanwhile, Eggman has gotten up off the ground and walked towards the exit of the cave, and sees Sonic and Tails about to leave.
    “Gah! I won’t let you get away, Sonic!” He then talks into his communicator. “All fleets, prepare to engage the Tornado! Shoot them down!”
    Sonic hears Eggman yelling, as he goes to stand on the wing of the Tornado.
    “Uh oh! We’d better get out of here quick, Tails! Eggman’s sending in reinforcements!”
    “Right!”
    Tails blasts off as fast as he can, but to no use. Eggman’s red hawk flying robots with lasers built in intercept them and begin firing at them. Sonic speaks up.
    “Tails, get in close to these guys!”
    “What?!”
    “I’ve got an idea, just do it!”
    Tails hesitantly does what Sonic says. As the robots begin charging their lasers, Sonic jumps into the air and homing attacks all ten of them in a row, destroying each one. He then begins falling towards the ocean. Tails still stays in the same spot, amazed at Sonic’s skill. Sonic continues falling as Tails sits there.
    “Uh, Tails! You can come help me now!”
    Tails breaks out of his day dream and quickly swoops the Tornado down. Sonic manages to land on its wing.
    “Phew… Sonic, that was a close one!”
    “Yeah, I know.”
    “All right, I’ll call Knuckles and Amy now to see how they’re progressing.”
    Tails dials in on his communicator. Knuckles answers, the two of them still on the ocean.
    “Hello?”
    “Hey, Knuckles! We got the next Chaos Emerald. How are you doing with finding Chip?”
    “Ugh, we’ve been following this trail for hours with no luck. I think you’d better just pick us up.”
    “But what about Chip?”
    “Maybe if we keep following Eggman, we’ll eventually find him.”
    “All right, if you say so. Just tell me your coordinates.”
    “We’re at around the same place we last met, but about a few miles east. There’s an island nearby that we’ll stop at, and you can pick us up there.”
    “All right, we’re on our way.”
    On the ocean, Knuckles and Amy stop at the island. Amy speaks up.
    “This is so stupid! I could’ve told you we were wasting our time. We should have all stuck together.”
    “Oh, calm down. It’s not like we should have just left Chip stranded. We had to try.”
    “Yeah, I guess…”
    The two of them lay down and wait for Sonic and Tails’ arrival in the Tornado.
    Back at Droyunta, Eggman turns his walker back into an Egg-o-Matic. He sees Sonic has destroyed his robots and flies back to his base. He walks in with an upset, grumpy face, and SA-55 notices him. SA-55 speaks.
    “So, Sonic has ruined your plans yet again, has he?”
    Eggman walks towards SA-55 and grabs him.
    “Do you really think I look like I’m in the mood?!”
    Eggman proceeds to shake SA-55 and then throws him against the wall, leaving him feeling unconscious and dizzy. Eggman speaks to himself.
    “GAH! I had everything so perfectly planned out, and that stupid hedgehog is ruining it all again! No matter… all evil geniuses must always have a backup plan.”
    Eggman turns to look at Chip. Chip backs away with fearful eyes, still stuck in the hole.
    “Now… give me the power of Gaia Collosus!” he demands to Chip.
    “Never!”
    “But why? It’s obvious Sonic and his friends aren’t even trying to rescue you!”
    “They’ll come, you’ll see!”
    Eggman sighs. “You know what? Whatever. You’ll come to my side in time.”
    He takes a moment to rest, feeling exhausted from all his recent defeats and just lays back in his chair. Then, SA-55 grows conscious again and pecks on his shoulder.
    “Doctor, there was some good news, though.”
    “Really?! What?! Why didn’t you say so before?!”
    “Our intelligence has found the location of Ven at a GUN base. They also report Shadow is no longer there to protect him.”
    “Perfect! Then send an Eggman fleet out there right now!” Eggman exclaims, excited and gaining a second wind.
    “One way or another, my plans will succeed! Just you wait and see, Sonic…”
    To be continued…
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over ZtZYh

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Blackr10Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Medalw11Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Zigzag10Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over White10Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Medal13Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 21st 2011, 2:03 am

Interesting, very good stuff. I wonder what he plans on doing with Ven now.
    hamedthehedgehog

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over 3qll2

Sonic Unleashed: The Story is Not over Rainbo10

Rep7

Post by hamedthehedgehog August 21st 2011, 10:33 am

I just read all the chapters you writen and there great!
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 21st 2011, 3:31 pm

hamedthehedgehog wrote:I just read all the chapters you writen and there great!

Thanks, I'll definitely keep writing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest August 24th 2011, 7:51 am

They're awesome seriously it should be a real book- only got to read 1 chapter cuz their all soooo long

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content