No more CDs?

Nnoitra Hushimo

: Male
     Rep35

No more CDs?

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo on November 21st 2011, 8:17 pm

I've recently heard that starting December 2012, CDs for music will no longer be under production and all music will have to be downloaded over the Internet (this is not counting video games). My opinion, I think it's a dumb idea but I guess there's a totally different point of view to a producers standpoint. Your guys' opinions?
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Re: No more CDs?

Post by The Freedom Fighter on November 21st 2011, 8:41 pm

Well I just got a CD for Skyward Sword, and I know the Sonic series always does a soundtrack CD for their 3D games (and even some 2D games). So we'll find out when the next comes out.

To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    Twixie Hushimo

: Female
     Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo on November 22nd 2011, 6:28 pm

It probably won't last long.

A lot of people have computers and not many still use CD players on a daily basis, but there are too many types of MP3 players out there to hook up to a car radio.

Rep33

Post by 84 on November 23rd 2011, 6:16 pm

CDs are becoming obsolete, whenever I get a CD I copy the songs onto Itunes and never use it again.

I'm surprised they have lasted this long.
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo on December 1st 2011, 10:07 pm

Am I the only one who likes the idea of CDs? How else do you get to hold a rainbow in your hand?
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo on December 1st 2011, 10:10 pm

Hushimo wrote:Am I the only one who likes the idea of CDs? How else do you get to hold a rainbow in your hand?
    No idea.

BlazePrower9205

: Female
     Rep3

Post by BlazePrower9205 on January 13th 2012, 12:28 pm

Reviving this topic for a bit. For some reason, I find it ironic that the CD format is gonna be ending in December of this year. And that's also around the same time that the supposed 'end of the world' (which is alot of bull) takes place. XD
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter on January 15th 2012, 12:13 am

We'll see soon enough, but I'll be on the lookout for deals if this comes true.

To the first forum that gave me a chance. Thank you. You will be missed.
    Army

Rep2

Post by Army on January 16th 2012, 2:25 am

I do not support, not at all. I would honestly hate for CD to go away. I hate digital products. I prefer, no, LOVE Physical copies. It feels so much more satisfactory, to own a physical copy, to actually feel a sense of ownership of my products. I also prefer looking at the artwork for the CDs and the cover.

Plus, not everyone is blessed with amazing Internet, mine sucks. To download to a full album for me would take 30 minutes to an hour. :l Much more efficient for me to buy a CD. Oh, and I can take and use the CD wherever and whenever I want.

I prefer Physical copies, for everything.
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo on January 16th 2012, 11:33 am

Shadiwulf wrote:I do not support, not at all. I would honestly hate for CD to go away. I hate digital products. I prefer, no, LOVE Physical copies. It feels so much more satisfactory, to own a physical copy, to actually feel a sense of ownership of my products. I also prefer looking at the artwork for the CDs and the cover.

Plus, not everyone is blessed with amazing Internet, mine sucks. To download to a full album for me would take 30 minutes to an hour. :l Much more efficient for me to buy a CD. Oh, and I can take and use the CD wherever and whenever I want.

That's exactly how I feel about certain things, I would hate for video games to, one day, have to be downloaded right on to your Xbox360 or PS3.
    artcrazy

Rep0

Post by artcrazy on January 16th 2012, 5:09 pm

No more CD's? HAHAHAHA!
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo on January 16th 2012, 5:12 pm

That isn't good.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez on January 22nd 2012, 1:45 pm

Shadiwulf wrote:I do not support, not at all. I would honestly hate for CD to go away. I hate digital products. I prefer, no, LOVE Physical copies. It feels so much more satisfactory, to own a physical copy, to actually feel a sense of ownership of my products. I also prefer looking at the artwork for the CDs and the cover.

What do you know, agreeing with Army isn't impossible after all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content