Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

No more CDs? 56qtD

No more CDs? Medal13No more CDs? Medalw11No more CDs? Medalg10

: Male
     Rep35

No more CDs? Empty No more CDs?

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo November 21st 2011, 8:17 pm

I've recently heard that starting December 2012, CDs for music will no longer be under production and all music will have to be downloaded over the Internet (this is not counting video games). My opinion, I think it's a dumb idea but I guess there's a totally different point of view to a producers standpoint. Your guys' opinions?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

No more CDs? ZtZYh

No more CDs? Blackr10No more CDs? Medalw11No more CDs? Zigzag10No more CDs? White10No more CDs? Medal13No more CDs? 2nio02t

Rep76

No more CDs? Empty Re: No more CDs?

Post by The Freedom Fighter November 21st 2011, 8:41 pm

Well I just got a CD for Skyward Sword, and I know the Sonic series always does a soundtrack CD for their 3D games (and even some 2D games). So we'll find out when the next comes out.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

No more CDs? VOZLn

No more CDs? Medalw11No more CDs? Medal13

: Female
     Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo November 22nd 2011, 6:28 pm

It probably won't last long.

A lot of people have computers and not many still use CD players on a daily basis, but there are too many types of MP3 players out there to hook up to a car radio.

No more CDs? VOZLn

No more CDs? Blackr10No more CDs? Medal13No more CDs? Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 November 23rd 2011, 6:16 pm

CDs are becoming obsolete, whenever I get a CD I copy the songs onto Itunes and never use it again.

I'm surprised they have lasted this long.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

No more CDs? GOMM8

No more CDs? Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo December 1st 2011, 10:07 pm

Am I the only one who likes the idea of CDs? How else do you get to hold a rainbow in your hand?
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

No more CDs? 56qtD

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo December 1st 2011, 10:10 pm

Hushimo wrote:Am I the only one who likes the idea of CDs? How else do you get to hold a rainbow in your hand?
    No idea.
    BlazePrower9205

No more CDs? 3qll2

Rep3

Post by BlazePrower9205 January 13th 2012, 12:28 pm

Reviving this topic for a bit. For some reason, I find it ironic that the CD format is gonna be ending in December of this year. And that's also around the same time that the supposed 'end of the world' (which is alot of bull) takes place. XD
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

No more CDs? ZtZYh

No more CDs? Blackr10No more CDs? Medalw11No more CDs? Zigzag10No more CDs? White10No more CDs? Medal13No more CDs? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 15th 2012, 12:13 am

We'll see soon enough, but I'll be on the lookout for deals if this comes true.
    Army
    Army

No more CDs? VOZLn

No more CDs? Blackr10No more CDs? Medalw11No more CDs? Medalg10No more CDs? Zigzag10No more CDs? Medal13No more CDs? Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army January 16th 2012, 2:25 am

I do not support, not at all. I would honestly hate for CD to go away. I hate digital products. I prefer, no, LOVE Physical copies. It feels so much more satisfactory, to own a physical copy, to actually feel a sense of ownership of my products. I also prefer looking at the artwork for the CDs and the cover.

Plus, not everyone is blessed with amazing Internet, mine sucks. To download to a full album for me would take 30 minutes to an hour. :l Much more efficient for me to buy a CD. Oh, and I can take and use the CD wherever and whenever I want.

I prefer Physical copies, for everything.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

No more CDs? 56qtD

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo January 16th 2012, 11:33 am

Shadiwulf wrote:I do not support, not at all. I would honestly hate for CD to go away. I hate digital products. I prefer, no, LOVE Physical copies. It feels so much more satisfactory, to own a physical copy, to actually feel a sense of ownership of my products. I also prefer looking at the artwork for the CDs and the cover.

Plus, not everyone is blessed with amazing Internet, mine sucks. To download to a full album for me would take 30 minutes to an hour. :l Much more efficient for me to buy a CD. Oh, and I can take and use the CD wherever and whenever I want.

That's exactly how I feel about certain things, I would hate for video games to, one day, have to be downloaded right on to your Xbox360 or PS3.
    artcrazy
    artcrazy

No more CDs? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by artcrazy January 16th 2012, 5:09 pm

No more CD's? HAHAHAHA!
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

No more CDs? 56qtD

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo January 16th 2012, 5:12 pm

That isn't good.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran January 22nd 2012, 9:49 am

Now that I think about this one, what they might mean is no more compact disks, i.e. CDs, but the more recent modified versions like DVDs and Blu-Rays might stay around. CDs are honestly starting to become pointless. DVDs are becoming about as inexpensive, if memory serves, and hold more data. Me, I honestly can't wait until those weird golden disk-like things that hold 2 terabytes of junk can be mass-produced. I'll just hang one of those in a tough case around my neck. "Oh, this? It's the stuff off my computer. All of it."
    Zez
    Zez

No more CDs? VOZLn

No more CDs? Blackr10No more CDs? Medalw11No more CDs? Zigzag10No more CDs? Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez January 22nd 2012, 1:45 pm

Shadiwulf wrote:I do not support, not at all. I would honestly hate for CD to go away. I hate digital products. I prefer, no, LOVE Physical copies. It feels so much more satisfactory, to own a physical copy, to actually feel a sense of ownership of my products. I also prefer looking at the artwork for the CDs and the cover.

What do you know, agreeing with Army isn't impossible after all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content